Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. (4883 Views)

Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires / Yoruba Traditional Marriage - What Are The Steps Involved? Pls Help: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 4:48pm On Apr 29, 2011
I want to know what my traddional wedding will look like or get inspiration for it. I have looked around but all I can find is Igbo traditional weddings.

I want to know what it exactly entails, so post, post, post.
Thank you smiley
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by r231(m): 5:34pm On Apr 29, 2011
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2011
I have seen it but I want a specific Yoruba wedding or are they all the same?
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by r231(m): 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2011
is there any other yoruba tradition wedding pictures apart from those
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2011
It said traditional weddings, so I thought its a mixture of all tribes.
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by r231(m): 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2011
oh yea its mixture but you can still find what you are looking for there
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by tpia5: 11:19pm On Apr 29, 2011
You're supposed to go with the wedding traditions of your own place, unless you'd rather not.

But sometimes such things are significant.
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 11:25pm On Apr 29, 2011
Yes I will go with traditions of mine but I am not Nigerian and my husband to be is a Yoruba and I would also like to incorporate his culture in the wedding too.

Ok question: In yorubaland, who pays the dowry for the wedding man or woman?
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by tpia5: 11:29pm On Apr 29, 2011
Typically in yoruba culture the wedding is the bride's family's responsibility and as such the groom goes with whatever culture the bride is from.

However these days people do as they like and incorporate whatever is convenient for them into the wedding.

So, feel free to plan it whichever way you like- afterall, its your wedding.
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 11:36pm On Apr 29, 2011
Oh alright.

Well I am here to learn aren't I.

But I want that tradition where the female bends on one knee and drinks and offers the husband palmwine in a small calabash gourd but I think it is Igbo tradition
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by ektbear: 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2011
hmm
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 5:40pm On Apr 30, 2011
What's "hmm"?
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by ektbear: 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2011
i did not know you were engaged. congrats
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2011
I am not but will be soon enough.
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by ektbear: 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2011
Hehe. Well congratulations in advance smiley

I hope I get an invite to the wedding
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2011
smiley
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by AndreUweh(m): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2011
kandiikane:

I am not but will be soon enough.
Congrats. From my calculation, the lucky man is from Aba, Eastern Nigeria. Isn't it?.
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2011
shocked shocked

How did you calculate?
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by AndreUweh(m): 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2011
kandiikane:

shocked shocked

How did you calculate?
My calculation may be wrong. Whatever the case, I wish you good luck in advance.
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2011
Well thank. smiley
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by Pweety4me(f): 2:21am On May 04, 2011
kandiikane:

Oh alright.

Well I am here to learn aren't I.

But I want that tradition where the female bends on one knee and drinks and offers the husband palmwine in a small calabash gourd but I think it is Igbo tradition

Luv how can u want a tradition?it's either u marry igbo or u marry yoruba?so. . .lol and mind u in yoruba traditional weddings the husband's dobale's (porstrates) for all the inlaws with his friend dems tongue
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by Sissy3(f): 2:50am On May 04, 2011
makeup your mind already tongue. you want a traditional yoruba wedding, you want an igbo wedding where the wife and husband share drink?
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by tpia5: 11:31am On May 04, 2011
Yoruba and igbo arent the only tribes in nigeria btw.

Ijaw is also there and the current president is from that ethnic group.

So i'm surprised more people arent trying to identify with them.

Oil money and all that?
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by oludashmi(f): 4:59pm On May 04, 2011
@poster
In the link above, most of the pictures are of yoruba traditional wedding.

And as for the bride kneeling to give her husband a drink. . . .it is done during the reception party. Thats when you are asked to show how you will care and feed your husband at home.
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 5:32pm On May 04, 2011
I want it all grin grin

@Oludashmi, alright will check it out again.

@Tpia@, yes I am we all know there are many tribes in Nigeria but I met a Yoruba man.
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by tpia5: 8:18pm On May 04, 2011
^^werent you the one going on about igbo wedding?

we all know you got yourself a yoruba man.

if you're going to have a united nations party then consider other tribes too.
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 11:31pm On May 04, 2011
lol, I do not want a united nation wedding I just thought the "drinking serving" was lovely but I do not think it is a Yoruba tradition.

rubbish cool
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by InkedNerd(f): 7:58am On May 05, 2011
@kandiikane: Are you marrying a Yoruba man?
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by kandiikane(m): 3:17pm On May 05, 2011
Yes I should do. Hopefully. Fingers crossed grin
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by dayokanu(m): 6:33am On May 06, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@kandiikane: Are you marrying a Yoruba man?

Duh, I am Yoruba
Re: Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. by OAM4J: 10:32pm On May 07, 2011
hehehe, All the best.

(1) (Reply)

Proof that Ijebu Are The Biblical Jebusites Or Jebus / History Of Ikwerre - The Bini Connection / Iriji- New Yam Festival In Igbo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.