Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ... (2071 Views)

See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner / JUST IN: Buhari Declared The Winner In Benue / Rochas Has "Killed" Ohakim: Live On AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
Re: ... by essentialB(f): 6:57pm On Apr 29, 2011
comfirmed. the streets of owerri are jampacked with residents who are jubilating over dis infor. imo state is finally liberated.
Re: ... by arsenal1(m): 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2011
How come it has not announced by any of the radio stations in owerri?.
Re: ... by gernded(m): 7:02pm On Apr 29, 2011
confirmed from my guys in owerri
Re: ... by EzeUche3(m): 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2011
Are you all sure? I am tired of all this hearsay! undecided
Re: ... by fastfinger: 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2011
please somebody should authenticate this story
Re: ... by Truequest(m): 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2011
I've tried all sources I know to confirm the story but I can't seem to confirm this story.
Can anyone help a beg.
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2011
I will take this story with a pinch of salt untill I hear from INEC!!!!
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2011
For all we know, someone could have invented this rumour!!!!

I have seen people invent rumours like Nigeria will progress to Semi Final stage of the USA 94 world cup after loosing to Italy because they claimed 7 Italian players were found to be drugged.

Believe me this rumour set a who community into jubilation without verification.
Re: ... by Dede1(m): 7:39pm On Apr 29, 2011
@OP

Honestly, I do not think that democracy is remotely meant for Africans. How could any person with junk brain declare anybody a winner when election did not take place in one local government and many wards of three local governments?

If supporters of Rochas Okorocha candidature want him declared a winner now, I assure them a rude shock in future because Court of Appeals will over turn the result.

Election is not a matter of individual’s wishes that need to come true. The people who rioted because their preferred candidates from a particular party were not declared a winner are fools and need to be shot. 

The gubernatorial election in Imo State is inclusive and must be brought to electoral conclusion when election is conducted in all the local governments in the state.
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2011
Dede1:

@OP

Honestly, I do not think that democracy is remotely meant for Africans. How could any person with junk brain declare anybody a winner when election did not take place in one local government and many wards of three local governments?

If supporters of Rochas Okorocha candidature want him declared a winner now, I assure them a rude shock in future because Court of Appeals will over turn the result.

Election is not a matter of individual’s wishes that need to come true. The people who rioted because their preferred candidates from a particular party were not declared a winner are fools and need to be shot.

I agree with the bit in bold. So much emotions, no substance. When folks in opposition behave like this you just know they will be worse than the incumbent Government.
Re: ... by Dede1(m): 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2011
mikeansy:

I agree with the bit in bold. So much emotions, no substance. When folks in opposition behave like this you just know they will be worse than the incumbent Government.

This is a spot on comment with philosophical dressing.
Re: ... by noncy21: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2011
is it true? source pls
Re: ... by globalaid(m): 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2011
rumour
Re: ... by arsenal1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 29, 2011
INEC said a election will hold in 4 LGAs namely ngor okpala,oguta,mbaitolu, ohajh/egbema and orji ward in owerri north
Re: ... by infohenry(m): 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
From inec there will be a rerun or supplementary election on the 6th of may in oguta, ngor okpala, mbaitoli and orji. No winner yet.
Re: ... by arsenal1(m): 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2011
On friday, may 6
Re: ... by enyojo(f): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2011
info henry:

From inec there will be a rerun or supplementary election on the 6th of may in oguta, ngor okpala, mbaitoli and orji. No winner yet.

arsenal1:

INEC said a election will hold in 4 LGAs namely ngor okpala,oguta,mbaitolu, ohajh/egbema and orji ward in owerri north

But i tot lawyers have convinced and confused us that there cant be election after 28th April according to the Electoral law?
Re: ... by arsenal1(m): 8:56pm On Apr 29, 2011
INEC said the 2010 electoral act allows for supplementary election(s) at most a week after the main election

(1) (Reply)

Five Years After, BRT Degenerates Into Molue / Omisore, PDP Chieftains Escape Assassination At Ilesa Rally / Boko Haram: Insurgents Not Northerners —NEF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.