Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill (1577 Views)

Delay In Signing 2016 Budget Gives Nigeria Bad Image Before International Commun / Zimbabwe Gives Nigeria Traders Quit Notice / PORTS SECURITY: US Gives Nigeria 90-day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill by OluAbuja(m): 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2006
Eyin boys and girls, 46 gbosas for Nigeria.

Visa International, the world's leading electronic payment company has given
Nigeria a clean bill of health, saying no incident of fraud has been recorded
since it commenced issuance of cards in the country.

Vice President, Risk Management, Africa, Visa International, Mr. Neil Hawkey
made this known in Johannesburg, South Africa during a chat with some African
journalists.

"There has been no fraud record of any Visa card issued in Nigeria and I
think this is a very good development," he said.

Read the story here;

http://e-nigeria.net/page.php?hash=9bf9c7b89bc87532ed69fbbd5e8035c1&id=377

and come back to tell us what you think.
Re: Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill by phoneman(m): 1:05am On Feb 12, 2006
why be fraudulent with naira, when you can be fraudulent with dollars and pounds. Give our 419ers time they will son catch on!
Re: Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill by Seun(m): 12:51am On Feb 13, 2006
The only problem I have with this report is that the original source of the story is not indicated.
Re: Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill by joftech(m): 2:08am On Feb 13, 2006
Even if they give a clean bill of health does that mean online stores will give cards from Nigeria a ride on their site.

They have to say that to save the investments banks here have put into these VISA stuff.
Re: Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill by egoldman(m): 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2006
Seun:

The only problem I have with this report is that the original source of the story is not indicated.

seun ,what do u mean ?
the story is from e-nigeria.net cool
Re: Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill by egoldman(m): 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2006
phoneman:

why be fraudulent with naira, when you can be fraudulent with dollars and pounds. Give our 419ers time they will son catch on!

thats is not a nice thing to say about ur country ,its not contrustive in anyway ,i know we have bad name but that doesnt mean things are not changing at all.i live in India where we have quite number of 419 guys ,so i am able to see how they are being fought,they are not realy having a filed day here as such,also dont ever thing that VISA have not done its work very well b4 coming into the nigerian market ,they know the risk involved and if they have not worked a way to beat them they would not have entered the nigeria market ,
yeah things are not looking good ,but changes are there anyway ,maybe slow,but surely its happening ,we didnt get into this mess in a day so dont expect we would come out of it overnight .
Re: Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill by Mazeepac(m): 12:12pm On May 24, 2007
@phoneman
Are You a Nigerian?
Re: Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill by tEsLim(m): 1:17pm On May 24, 2007
Whatever!!! **hissed and just walked out**

Inbetween --- How many ppl have the Visa cards?
Re: Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill by Seun(m): 1:19pm On May 24, 2007
I don't think this is such big deal. It just shows that there are very few Visa card users in Nigeria.
Re: Fraud: Visa Gives Nigeria Clean Bill by mishoo(m): 8:25pm On May 24, 2007
Seun:

I don't think this is such big deal. It just shows that there are very few Visa card users in Nigeria.

Simple!! Chikena!! Oga goes!!

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank And Unity Bank Set To Merge / Betonmarket Made Easy / Getting Nafdac No For A New Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.