Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July (8294 Views)

U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 / Adidas Officially Dumps Super Eagles Of Nigeria / Brazil Vs Chile - World Cup (3 - 2) On Penalties On 28th June 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by smile4kenn(m): 5:44am On Jul 13, 2007
What do you guys think about the match? Chile have been outstanding just like Nigeria.

What A Fatality: Nigeria (0) Vs Chile (4)
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by spaceworld: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2007
Pray for ur team against hard luck, They should compose themselves better
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by 9ja4eva: 7:10am On Jul 13, 2007
We need to be ready for this match.Take our chances and defend well.

D Chile i saw today attack fast so we need to be careful @ d back nt to concede a penalty.

Our strikers wld have to learn how to shoot and score
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by chuckdee4(m): 11:25am On Jul 13, 2007
Well said 9ja4eva, the Zambia match just showed how much Nigeria need to start taking their chances, see how Zambia took their only chance and where instantly level with us.
Although i was quite impressed with the defence but may the best team win (Hopefully that'll be Naija)
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by mekoyo(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2007
What i have discovered from this guys is that they have this team spirit, they walk together to achieve a given goal.

Lets just pray that this will continue and they will do well. I wish them the best and i know that no country is a threat to us in this competition.

Keep flying high eagles.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by cbjonstage(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2007
Our defensive side needs coordination. in addition to this, they need to work wit their instints. know wen keep off and do counter-attack.

its because of their inability to work wit these dat d zambians were able to score. Kudos to Akabueze, for dat hot-shot against zambians, this calls for more of them who can play dat kinda of shot against Chile. this is a critical MATCH, let dem not gamble wit ball so much as dey do in our recent match.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by 9ja4eva: 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2007
Yes oh

Dribbling without good crossing is not wat we want.Well lets hope its Chile's off day on Saturday.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2007
we'll beat them silly, lets just get coordination up front, though i cant stop saying it, those boys are men!
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by ph4life(m): 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2007
the are supoposed to be men not boys. they are not under 17 but under 20, .
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by CrazyMan(m): 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2007
We're going to deafeat Chile just as we did to Zambia.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by CrazyMan(m): 11:42pm On Jul 13, 2007
But we have to improve on our defense Am not impressed with the kind of shaky defense w have. Because in a competition, the highest you go, the tougher teams you are likely to meet.
So if we really want to lift that trophy, we have to sit up in all areas of our game.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by 9ja4eva: 11:46pm On Jul 13, 2007
Defence better pass attack and dt we dnt want.We want our attack to be efficient
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by CrazyMan(m): 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2007
Yea you're right.
But right now, our strikers are kind of stingy with the ball.
And what they have to do now in order to win that cup is to work as a team.
And the best way to it is to go defensive against Chile then look for a counter attack.
Once we can get our first goal, we would destabilize their game pattern. And before that know what's going on, we would take the game into their own half.

Another factor is the utilization of chances.
Our strikers’ sholuld learn to be productive and not wasteful with the ball as chances don't come so easily.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by CrazyMan(m): 12:11am On Jul 14, 2007
Also an early goal would give us a slight edge over them.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by 9ja4eva: 12:22am On Jul 14, 2007
Oh well our strikers dey do deir own.Dem no care oh.

D coach needs to talk to them.But na only Ideye and Bala d coach bring?He shld try odas since dose ones no dey perform
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by tosinadeda: 1:26am On Jul 14, 2007
Bala has no balance

ideye is a damn winger

akabueze until the last matcg was like ideye

this guy on shirt 4 is damn good at the middle

echiejile seems 2 av watched his fellow left back at the last u20 world cup taiye taiwo.Has any1 noticed he looks and plays like him

owello the guy that wears 10,really i dnt know y he is in the team,he tried in the last match sha.But he is not playn that role well

ambrose efe,apart 4rm the red card he has bn the best man in our defence,littie wondey y he is the u23 team

latifu our right back,jst like echiejile he like 2 overlap but not that good coming back

our 3 goal keepers are damn good

ozokwo,i think the coach knows why he is always on d bench
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by CrazyMan(m): 7:33am On Jul 14, 2007
tosinadeda:

No doubt they are outstanding
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by st1(m): 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2007
@ People,
What time is the match 2morrow?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by viniyke(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2007
i think the nigerians are Good,but the problem we have is that we can't score goals.but thye ways the chileans played in there last Game i think nigeria has am edge over them.i pray we WIN. hello NIGERIA
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by nyabinghi(m): 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2007
This team had tried so far but i don't think they can go any further. they remind me of Nigeria 99 boys. They have some good skillful individual but the overall team play is woeful and u know how skillful and witty the south americans are. For the records the chileans are yet to conceed a goal and remember how they whipped Nigeria in sydney 2000.
may the better team win(imo).
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by naijawebe(m): 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2007
Did you see our boys play? No cohesion, this has always been the problem of the senior team and now it has also gone to the junior team. Our players are talented but lack blending. Compare our play with that of the Chileans or the Argentinians. Our players always want to impress themselves, and leave spectators asking what has gone wrong with us. Everyone wants to go to Europe. With your lack of cohesion and team play, no team will like to sign a self centered player. These boys are young if they are sincere with their ages. What they need now is an experienced coach and a disciplinarian too, not necessarily a foreign coach. Sebastian Brodericks would fill that rank, "but where are they now".

Wishing them the best of luck
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by abes(m): 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2007
Guys, what time is the match tomorrow?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by 9ja4eva: 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2007
Oh well we need to learn how to score goals.I fear for d match
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by jejelolatu(f): 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2007
tosinadeda:

Bala has no balance

ideye is a damn winger

akabueze until the last matcg was like ideye

this guy on shirt 4 is damn good at the middle

echiejile seems 2 av watched his fellow left back at the last u20 world cup taiye taiwo.Has anyone noticed he looks and plays like him

owello the guy that wears 10,really i dnt know y he is in the team,he tried in the last match sha.But he is not playn that role well

ambrose efe,apart from the red card he has bn the best man in our defence,littie wondey y he is the u23 team

latifu our right back,jst like echiejile he like 2 overlap but not that good coming back

ozokwo,i think the coach knows why he is always on d bench

u re on target with your analyses, i just want to add that in the last match, ideye wasnt quite visible,he is a good attacker but not a potent striker, he can distabilise any opponents defence but u can't count on him to deliver the goals.and i guess using him as a forward his one of the reasons why we seem to play well upfront and still not have goals to show for it.

also sodiq is the best leg at the back.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by DisGuy: 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2007
Have you noticed coaches and the players are not fighting over bonus and money like the previous outings grin
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by CrazyMan(m): 12:05am On Jul 15, 2007
That’s a development in the Nigerian football.
We thank God that we are climbing the ladder of progress little by little
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by 9ja4eva: 1:13am On Jul 15, 2007
Dis Guy:

Have you noticed coaches and the players are not fighting over bonus and money like the previous outings grin

Yes u r right and i think dt is because the players are more dedicated and willing to perform.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by soccerchic(f): 1:17am On Jul 15, 2007
@ abes

2:00 pm my time.  I don't know what time that is where u are. Infact I will be watching the match live in Montreal. I can't wait for those "boys" to win  grin grin
I hope they will but if they don't, they still have won me over, and made not just Nigeria but Africa proud.  kiss kissBig Ups to all the African countries that made it this far  ( i know Nigeria is the only one left now)
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by 9ja4eva: 1:34am On Jul 15, 2007
Ha dt na suffer oh.So dey move from Ottawa to Montreal
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by soccerchic(f): 2:05am On Jul 15, 2007
Yes dear, its gonna be in Montreal not Ottawa. And if they win, maybe they can come to the T Dot. I can't wait for them to come here casue i live like 5 min walk from the BMO stadium hehe. grin
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by 9ja4eva: 4:02am On Jul 15, 2007
Nice

Czech in

Spain Out
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by oghene007(m): 4:18am On Jul 15, 2007
pls wat s thwe time for the match

cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sexy Female Appointed Coach Of Men's Football Team / "Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César / Mikel Applies For British Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.