Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:10 PM

(diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now - Satellite TV Technology (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now (134637 Views)

Latest Tech Multi LNB Satellite Dish (FTA) More Than 150 Free Channels / Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region / Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Alexdinho10(m): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2015
Alexdinho10:
@geometry i'm prepering to cut and joint my two 1.8m dish to construt 3m dish pls i want to know if that my method will work out or not. pls give me some advice. thax
pls help out.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by joehis2013: 8:25am On Nov 17, 2015
Alexdinho10:
pls help out.

Is that possible
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2016
joehis2013:

Is that possible

I have never tried that, AND I MUST SAY:, I doubt the possibility of it. Remember, satellite signal tracking/practice is a precision technology!
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by frankviana: 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
Wow... Very good post...

Maybe later I'll try to make my own dish here in Brazil. How about 7m?

First, I need read all posts.

Thank you friend for good informations...

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
@ geometry. I have a dish that I want to paint. Most online suggestions say that , the paint must be a flat/ matte paint. However, I have been through most paint shops. However, they don't understand the meaning of flat/ Matt . nothing of that sort is also written on their containers. The only one I saw was an emulsion paint with the Matt written on it.
Any help? Counting on u to select a paint.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by phenase(m): 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
Pls gurus, what is the focal length of a 3.5m Dish?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 13, 2016
Visit www.ibomyellowpages.com for breaking news, entertainment news etc or visit http://facebook.com/iypfans for recent updates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by obnelly: 4:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
phenase:
Pls gurus, what is the focal length of a 3.5m Dish?

Not comprehensive you need to provide further parameters.

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by phenase(m): 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
Goodafternoon Satellite Gurus. Ihave 3.5m dish and the depth of the dish is 49 cm .what will be the tripod height of the dish?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Talibanis: 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
phenase:
Goodafternoon Satellite Gurus. Ihave 3.5m dish and the depth of the dish is 49 cm .what will be the tripod height of the dish?
Ur focal length is approximately 156cm.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 7:48am On May 03, 2016
phenase:

Ur focal point is 156.25cm
Tripod: 198.26cm

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by safex(m): 7:18pm On May 16, 2016
This thread is supposed 2 b active always; wia is @geometry abeg?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 9:13am On May 17, 2016
safex:

I believe he is currently busy.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 3:00am On May 30, 2016
Iron2011:
@ geometry. I have a dish that I want to paint. Most online suggestions say that , the paint must be a flat/ matte paint. However, I have been through most paint shops. However, they don't understand the meaning of flat/ Matt . nothing of that sort is also written on their containers. The only one I saw was an emulsion paint with the Matt written on it.
Any help? Counting on u to select a paint.

@IRON, use gloss paint, ''grey/arsh'' is acceptable because of its property as regards radiation reflection, protecting your LNBF from being heated
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 3:03am On May 30, 2016
safex:
@safex, I am sorry, had problem hooking up with ''fluidy'' internet and that was a little frustrating, i apologise for my absence, what do you have going ?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 11:05am On May 30, 2016
geometry:

@IRON, use gloss paint, ''grey/arsh'' is acceptable because of its property as regards radiation reflection, protecting your LNBF from being heated

Thank you very much sir.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by bobojoshua(m): 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
geometry:

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by bobojoshua(m): 11:06am On Oct 01, 2016
geometry:

put a tape to the edge of your dish with the face up, (reflective surface).. you might need the assistance of a second person though, to hold the tape to the edge and you pull out the reel to take measurement at the opposite end.
Now, you need to move your hand that holds the tape to the dish edge left and right while the other guy remains stationary., during your movement you pick the highest value recorded as your dish size,
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by abdykb(m): 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2016
@geometry what is accelerator and catalyst
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by mecussey(m): 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
Apart from racine...which other gum is good for refoiling dish?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by isladelobos: 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hi.

Geometry:

Comparing this value with the circumference of the paraboloid;
2[PIE]r
= 2*[PIE]*125,
= 250*[PIE],
= 785.7142,
= 785.71cm. QED.

Im thinking in what PIE number your'e using?.... from Archimedes directly? jejeje.

If you divide 785.7142 / 250 = 3.1428568 <<-- ¿this is your PI number?

If i use the normalized PI number 3.141592 etc....

D*[PI]= 785.40cm.

This is a very insteresting thread.

Thanks for share.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by isladelobos: 5:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
Today i prepare a file in PDF format for print in Din-A4 paper.

Are the plans for make a 2500mm parabola dish mold.
Simple: only print and create the real mold.

You can download from: https://mega.nz/#!qENgwaIT!Amj9oIs-fx1vXZwPidLgwKwZKCf496Heeidxi0HlZ7I
Click on the "download from browser" button.

Regards.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by misteryman: 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
Thanks for your response
@Iron2011
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by misteryman: 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=geometry post=46096950]

Oga how are you doing over there. It has been long that we headed from you and hopping all is well with you. Hope to hear from you in this forum.

Chears
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by adewest(m): 11:34am On May 17, 2017
Good to see all the folks here. Good day to you all.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by mrklock(m): 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
good day Mr. GEOMETRY please can you post the pix of the materials needed. i'm having difficulties getting them in the market
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by mrklock(m): 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
adewest:
Good to see all the folks here. Good day to you all.
Boss can SKY UK be tracked in Nigeria and what dish size?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by manggo: 8:12am On Feb 07, 2018
Hi all brother
Dish Master @Geometry @swordswifter

I am Indonesian. Hopelly I am wellcome here. What a great forum I found.
I read all your conversation, sharing knowledge in this thread and so much I got.
Thank you all for your kind sharing.

Have been Googling for homemade sattelite dish. And im here.
@Geometry @swordswifter and all has been give the great tutorial I can follow.

Been browsing to this forum and found this:

https://www.nairaland.com/2619628/turn-offset-dish-elliptical-receive

Does any tutorial for this: (DIY) Design And Fabricate of Elliptical satellite dish ?

Terimakasih Banyak
(Thank you very much)

Manggo
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by manggo: 11:17am On Mar 02, 2018
manggo:
Hi all brother
Dish Master @Geometry @swordswifter

I am Indonesian. Hopelly I am wellcome here. What a great forum I found.
I read all your conversation, sharing knowledge in this thread and so much I got.
Thank you all for your kind sharing.

Have been Googling for homemade sattelite dish. And im here.
@Geometry @swordswifter and all has been give the great tutorial I can follow.

Been browsing to this forum and found this:

https://www.nairaland.com/2619628/turn-offset-dish-elliptical-receive

Does any tutorial for this: (DIY) Design And Fabricate of Elliptical satellite dish ?

Terimakasih Banyak
(Thank you very much)

Manggo

Ahaa.
I found how to do it. I got it from Iron2011 posted pictures.
Still in this thread page 10 https://www.nairaland.com/657626/diy-design-fabricate-own-satellite/10
Thanks Iron2011
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 9:25am On Mar 31, 2018
mrklock:
good day Mr. GEOMETRY please can you post the pix of the materials needed. i'm having difficulties getting them in the market

@mrKlock, sorry for late response, please, accept my apology. If you stay in Lagos, there are several locations at which you can make your purchase... seeing your post have made a request of a good supplier. I intend putting his shop location on here for any one having similar issues.... in the interim, I am attaching a google map with an approximate ''spotting'' here we go:

https:///maps/uUGxeNKzhjA2

at this location ask of ORISTO that sells chamicals,

HE GAVE ME PERMISSION TO OFFER HIS NUMBER TO CALL FOR ANYONE THAT IS MAKING A PURCHASE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO CALL BEFORE STARTING TO GO ... 08037120177.
HOPE THIS HELPS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) / STARTIMES DECODER:DO U NEED HELP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.