Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Questions About Australia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Questions About Australia (1697 Views)

Ask Any Questions About China, Taiwan , Hongkong Etc / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Australia by Jasiel(f): 3:08am On May 01, 2011
Hi, I'm thinkin of emigratin to australia when am done schooling. What are my options as I'm a full nigerian? How long will it take to get permanent residency? Workers permit or even citizenship? How tight are immigration laws? How long is the flight anyway?
Re: Questions About Australia by Nobody: 11:25am On May 01, 2011
One of the quickest way to get a permit is to look for a company that is willing to sponsor you. Another way is having a family member sponsor but you must have studied here for 2yrs or your family member can still get you here if they prove that you are their only relative back home. Migration rules are very strict, nuffin like em Europe run and hide to stay in the country illegally. Even if you get married to an aussie you will be given a ''Spouse's visa'' first off for 2yrs to see how you go with your marriage and also to know if it's just a sham. Then after 2yrs you'll get you Permanent residency, then if you stay in the country for another 2yrs without leaving the country then you can apply for you citizenship even if you travel out they'll calculate the months you've stayed in aussie and when it gets to 24months you can then apply for citizensip.

If you wanno study here pls make sure you have enuff money to support yourself and evidence to prove it before even applying for a visa.

You cannot just migrate to aussie without having anything to do.

With regards to duration of flight go on Emirates website and find that out, you should atleast know that one and not ask us if truly you are serious about travelling
Re: Questions About Australia by canlor: 12:48pm On May 01, 2011
@jennykadry

do you know of anybody who has had their skills and educational certificates assessed before the application for permanent resident,
rumour has it that nigerian certificates always get a negative assessment by the assessment body(vetassess) ,how true is that.
and for those who have had theirs positively assessed,what and what did you do?
would really like to know.
Re: Questions About Australia by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 01, 2011
I did not have mine assessed. It actually depends on your profession. I have noticed that Health professionals are assessed and about half of the time they are being granted a visa. In a city like perth, I actually attended one conference recently and you wouldn't believe how many Naija studied Doctors we have here. SA/zimbabwean miners also get sponsorship like crazy here because the mining biz here is top notch. There is a list of ''occupation on demand'' on their site , your occupation list might be there BUT and I say BUT , if they can easily get a local with the same degree level like you ,they will take the local first before they even consider you. A nigerian nurse was sponsored recently becos they were desperate but an SA MINER was turned doown because alot of aussies applied for the same job,so it is cheaper for them to choose an aussie before you but if they are really desperate they just pick anyone.

The Prime minister is encouraging aussie education for the aussies because the amount of foreign skilled workers out numbers the aussies.
Re: Questions About Australia by canlor: 5:22pm On May 01, 2011
@jennykadry & co
yea,
but before one gets to the sponsorship tingy,you'd first need to have your skills,education and work experience assessed by VETASSESS.

This Vetassess body,are they really biased towards work experience,skills etc from NAIJA?

my profession is on the in demand list and my experience is okay and i had good points on the self assessment,but am kinda skeptical to proceed wif the assessment stuffs(which is the beginning of the whole immigration tingy) cos i dont want to pay over 500 dollars and at the end get a negative assessment.

are you in aussie as an immgrant or student?
Re: Questions About Australia by Nobody: 5:18am On May 02, 2011
Sorry I am on mobile so can't type much.Truth is it's a 50-50 chance. NO they are not really biased, if your skills and experience is orth it,they will give you a shot.If you don't try you won't know.I only know a few people that it has worked for. I am more in the medical field but I also know of a naija nurse who got assessed by the Australia nursing migration skills and got through with the whole thingy.

I am a citizen.
Re: Questions About Australia by Jasiel(f): 5:29am On May 02, 2011
Thanx jenny. Am also on mobile. Found out it takes 17 hours plus to flly to australia. How long have u been there?
Re: Questions About Australia by sexylogan(m): 8:40pm On May 02, 2011
Australia is very beautiful smiley
Re: Questions About Australia by enfield: 3:03pm On May 09, 2011
Please,I am a female Nigerian nurse and wish to go and practice in Australis.I will appreciate it if I can be linked with a fellow nurse currently in Australia who can help me to move over.
I already have 7.0 in all the modules of IELTS(academic).
I hear I may have to do the 3 months bridging program.How can I get on this program and which state can sponsor me
Please I need expert advice from fellow nairalanders before this hard-earned IELTS expires.Thanks
Re: Questions About Australia by tetecious: 6:52am On May 28, 2011
Hi , I'm a Dr. interested in Australia, whats the IMG process like? a s some one in the field and on ground pls do advice me.
Re: Questions About Australia by osarodon(m): 7:16am On May 31, 2011
Nice one
Re: Questions About Australia by dustydee: 3:38pm On May 31, 2011
tetecious:

Hi , I'm a Dr. interested in Australia, whats the IMG process like? a s some one in the field and on ground pls do advice me.

We need doctors in Nigeria.

Where is everyone running to?
Re: Questions About Australia by Bisijohn: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2011
How is the cost of living like in Australia, Sydney area in particular? How is the tax like over there too? I will soon be leaving for Sydney to start a job there. I really welcome any advice that maybe useful for me.

Thank you.
Re: Questions About Australia by osarodon(m): 11:01am On Jun 07, 2011
Please I need information on the migration to Australia
Re: Questions About Australia by fireline: 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2011
osarodon:

Please I need information on the migration to Australia
Get good education
Get qualifications
Get work experience
Get offer of job in Aus.
Get visa.
SIMPLE
No place for truk pushers & Yahoo Yahoo drug bois in Australia.
Re: Questions About Australia by osarodon(m): 7:24am On Jun 08, 2011
fireline:

Get good education
Get qualifications
Get work experience
Get offer of job in Aus.
Get visa.
SIMPLE
No place for truk pushers & Yahoo Yahoo drug bois in Australia.

Thanks, I thought they have this Migration style like that of Canada.
Re: Questions About Australia by mbulela: 10:44am On Jun 08, 2011
Bisijohn:

How is the cost of living like in Australia, Sydney area in particular? How is the tax like over there too? I will soon be leaving for Sydney to start a job there. I really welcome any advice that maybe useful for me.

Thank you.
-
Re: Questions About Australia by mbulela: 10:57am On Jun 08, 2011
--

(1) (Reply)

Visitor Visa Requirements For Uk/usa/canada And Schenghen Countries / Newly Discovered: The Deepest Underwater Cave On Earth (photos) / Crazy&hilarious Things That You'll See Only In Dubai (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.