Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project (6970 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 / Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by Musiwa13: 2:07pm On May 01, 2011
Ondo state: Nigeria Oil producing state poverty all around.

when you see ondo, even while ondo state is nigeria second largest producer of oil. you dont find nigeria govt present. the only federal govt present is the half universities call FUTA. I use the word Half because does not have law faculty or education  or Art or Business faculty. How can a state that is the second largest oil produce not deserve a full university, whil state which do not contribute anythig to Nigeria get a full university.

Oil field in Ondo state include Bonga, Apo, Okan and others.

Ondo state is nigeria largest producer of cocoa, And which generate  $1 billlion dollar to the federal govt
Re: Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by GAR3TH(m): 2:29pm On May 01, 2011
I doubt ondo state is the second largest oil producer but regardless what does the federal government have to do with the state. its the state government that is responsible of infrastructure, education, economic development etc within the state. states that produce oil receive the highest amount of government allocation from the fed, so yes Ondo has the money to build and develop itself.

Blame your state and local governments and hold them accountable.

Look at Lagos, Cross Rivers and Rivers state and what good state and local gov can accomplish.

the federal gov has nothing to with your state so stop blaming them.

If the federal gov decides to build 1 fed uni then so be it, they are not there to develop your state.
Re: Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by enyhss(m): 3:51pm On May 01, 2011
I do not have my facts to either agree or disagree with the assertion you made about Ondo state being the Number 2 Oil producing state in Nigeria. But where I may have to disagree with you is your statement regarding FUTA. Decades ago, Federal Universities of Technology were established strategically & primarily for advancement of Nigeria's Technological growth. These institutions are FUTA, FUTO & FUTMINNA. They are established solely for this purpose,this is why they do not offer all those other programmes you mentioned. This is however, not unusual because you will find this kind of arrangement in all parts of the world
Re: Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by Musiwa13: 9:38pm On May 01, 2011
d
Re: Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by Musiwa13: 10:06pm On May 01, 2011
this is how it works.
Re: Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by aljharem3: 10:12pm On May 01, 2011
musiwa i think u are craze, don't u think?
Re: Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by Musiwa13: 10:28pm On May 01, 2011
i reject that in jesus name. that is the way it is done all over the world.

Re: Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by Musiwa13: 11:52pm On May 01, 2011
f
Re: Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by GAR3TH(m): 11:56pm On May 01, 2011
CAN YOU PLEASE STOP POSTING THOSES PICTURES

MANY OF THE PICTURES OF DEAD PEOPLE YOU SHOW ARE NOT EVEN FROM NIGERIA

STOP THE LIES

THAT PICTURE ABOVE IS FROM A CONGO FUEL TANK EXPLOSION

NOT FROM THE RECENT VIOLENCE IN THE NORTH
Re: Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by Musiwa13: 12:07am On May 02, 2011
then
Re: Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by Musiwa13: 12:15am On May 02, 2011
c
Re: Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project by Musiwa13: 12:19am On May 02, 2011
d

(1) (Reply)

Awka: Struggling To Assume Status Of Capital City / Judicial Workers Suspend Strike / Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.