Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote (2077 Views)

Poll: Do you agree with this move?

yes: 86% (20 votes)
no: 8% (2 votes)
useless as it won't stop pdp: 4% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

President Buhari Moves Into Presidential Villa / Chime Vacates Governor's Lodge, Moves Into His Private Residence / APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by aloyemeka2: 4:48pm On May 01, 2011
[size=14pt]Archbishop of Owerri moves into INEC Office[/size]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-bBSdpxrE5o0/TbwW7r5gn5I/AAAAAAAACiU/s3RWcvFaqSI/s400/BNW-AJV-Obinna-Chinua-Achebe-Foundation-1.jpg[/img]
Archbishop Anthony Obinna

It is being reported that the Owerri Catholic Archbishop, Anthony Obinna, has moved into INEC office in Owerri and has promised not to leave the office until the Imo State governorship election result is announced. He is staying at the Owerri INEC office with other priests.
Do you agree with this move?
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Chyz2: 4:50pm On May 01, 2011
Why not?
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Odunnu: 4:57pm On May 01, 2011
Okay, I read this on facebook and its so hilarious!
Somebody even commented that the nuns/manservants come to attend to him.
I like it. Guy is protecting his vote.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Afam4eva(m): 4:58pm On May 01, 2011
This is a very good move.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Eziachi: 5:04pm On May 01, 2011
He moved into the wrong address, he shoud have moved into Arthur Nzeribe's house or Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, the good for nothing Imo speaker called Opia. These are the behind the scene people screwing Imo state and from their houses elections in Imo are decided.
Wrong move! Though hilarious!
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Chyz2: 5:08pm On May 01, 2011
JEGA should head down to Imo State and monitor what will go on. Of course, that is to say if he is not part of the rigging.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Odunnu: 5:11pm On May 01, 2011
JEGA is a saint Chyz!
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Chyz2: 5:15pm On May 01, 2011
Odunnu:

JEGA is a saint Chyz!

Satan was once a saint too.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by JUO(m): 5:47pm On May 01, 2011
good move
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by kasiem(m): 6:32pm On May 01, 2011
The greatest move ever
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by kasiem(m): 6:32pm On May 01, 2011
The greatest move ever
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by JomoGbomo2(m): 6:47pm On May 01, 2011
Who Plays Chess!!!

Nice Move
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by aloyemeka2: 7:03pm On May 01, 2011
Eziachi:

He moved into the wrong address, he shoud have moved into Arthur Nzeribe's house or Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, the good for nothing Imo speaker called Opia. These are the behind the scene people screwing Imo state and from their houses elections in Imo are decided.
Wrong move! Though hilarious!

Roflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Pataki: 7:10pm On May 01, 2011
JomoGbomo2:

Who Plays Chess!!!

Nice Move
Are you a very good chess player?

We could play here on Nairaland, if you are up for it.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by jensinmi(m): 7:17pm On May 01, 2011
This sets a good precedence. It is time more Nigerians with influence begin to voice discontent with the way we do things.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Rhino5dm: 7:20pm On May 01, 2011
Eastern Almajiri's grin grin grin
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Rhino5dm: 7:21pm On May 01, 2011
Any app?

Pataki:

Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Pataki: 7:27pm On May 01, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Any app?

No, no app.

I remember some years back, we tried playing chess here on Nairaland. You make a move like: e4, I quote you in my next post and state my move in return. . . . . . that was how we played it back then.

Except the administrator has an app now to go with his site. Guess you are also a chess player.

Anyways this is off-topic.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Rhino5dm: 7:38pm On May 01, 2011
yeah! played for couple of years. . .

Pataki:

No, no app.

I remember some years back, we tried playing chess here on Nairaland. You make a move like: e4, I quote you in my next post and state my move in return. . . . . . that was how we played it back then.

Except the administrator has an app now to go with his site. Guess you are also a chess player.

Anyways this is off-topic.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by houvest: 8:06pm On May 01, 2011
Good move. Obinna should send his under-Bishops to the homes of Arthur Nzeribe, Opia, and the palaces of the Traditional Rulers and Town Union Presidents in the affected Communities. Those are Ohakim's rigging points.

@ Pataki.

If there is a chess app. I will be interested too but not the method you mentioned.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Stogwu123: 8:25pm On May 01, 2011
Wat a great move. We need more no-nonsence men of integrity rather praying for dem (PDP RIGGERS) to succeed so dat dey will bring their thanksgiving SERVICE to ur CHURCH.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by MaiSuya(m): 8:36pm On May 01, 2011
not a bad move. . .at the very least the symbolic nature of the move will send a strong signal to potential riggers
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by aletheia(m): 8:43pm On May 01, 2011
Pataki:

^
Try chess.com; there's a Nigerian Team there too!
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Katsumoto: 9:34pm On May 01, 2011
Chyz*:

Satan was once a saint too.

Lucifer (Satan) was an Angel.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by seanet02: 9:42pm On May 01, 2011
Won't be surprised at the end of the day if the priest was the one that imports turnkey results sheets in there for ohakim.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 01, 2011
To the extent that he is not constituting nuisance in any way or putting the security of the INEC building at risk then fair enough.

INEC security should define a perimeter which he is not allowed to go beyond and if he does police should be invited to take him away.

Priest or no Priest nobody is allowed to take laws into their hands because if this happens it sets a very dangerous precedence.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Obiagu1(m): 9:59pm On May 01, 2011
^^^

A beg, make we hear word.
Enough of this cheating! If anything happens to the bishop, Imo State will burn.
Something has to be done to stop the rigging going on in Imo, if this move will, then fine.
Other states have concluded except Imo because Ohakim lost. Nonsense!
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 01, 2011
INEC has said there will be a re-run

What is the point of this move by this Bishop?

Do you think there are no other clergymen in Imo State who support Ohakim?. If all the clergymen start taking laws into their hands and causing confusion based on who they support, wont that be recipe for violence?

Those in opposition need to learn to be patient and win elections before the sitting Governor will step down.

You people can not bully Ohakim out of office, there is no constitutional provision for that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by kasiem(m): 10:57pm On May 01, 2011
seanet02:

Won't be surprised at the end of the day if the priest was the one that imports turnkey results sheets in there for ohakim.
I'm cocksure that ur mother must be regretting why she didn't poison u the day u were born, cos i dont see how she'll be coping with this ur stupidity. Anumanu
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by AndreUweh(m): 12:41am On May 02, 2011
Some of the priests under him should move into Opiah's house. This is the new generation master rigger in Imo state.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by aloyemeka2: 3:49am On May 02, 2011
mikeansy:

You people can not bully Ohakim out of office, there is no constitutional provision for that!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that Imo women lined the govt house yesterday with brooms and were symbolically sweeping him out of office. It is only in Nigeria where someone will be clearly rejected by the people and he/she will still be struggling to rule the same people who did the rejecting. Ohakim must go.
Re: Catholic Bishop Of Owerri Moves Into Inec Office: Vote by olabukola: 6:14am On May 02, 2011
mikeansy:

INEC has said there will be a re-run

What is the point of this move by this Bishop?
Do you think there are no other clergymen in Imo State who support Ohakim?. If all the clergymen start taking laws into their hands and causing confusion based on who they support, wont that be recipe for violence?
Those in opposition need to learn to be patient and win elections before the sitting Governor will step down.
I Thought he is the same Gov that took the law into his hand by manhandling a priest. Stand to be corrected anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Wastes A Bundle By Paying For 'religious' Pilgrimages / Nigeria Deports 67 South African HIV positive prostit-utes / Dstv Christmas Promo Is On Now...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.