Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors (18913 Views)

Sagamite Officially Declares Buhari 2015 Presidential Elections Winner! / How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by houvest: 12:18am On May 03, 2011
Sagamite:

People in the SW were voting for Fashola aura more than ACN.[/b]Secondly, they were voting PDP out at all cost.

The [b]same people voted Jonathan rather than Ribadu of ACN.[/b]Do a bit of research.

Feel free!

I take it you did not read my questions or watch the clip?

He delivered his state on a minority platform after being in power for 2 years. He must be doing something right.

[b]I am sticking with only Governors as of 29th May 2011
At first bolded you are entitled to your opinion.
At second bolded. I very much doubt that. There was voter apathy because of the failure of the alliance talks with CPC.
@ 3rd bolded. Pity would have liked your opinion on those guys.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 9:38am On May 03, 2011
kasiem:

@ujuojan
stop writing without hitting a single point and thereby creating a whole lot of furfy.
The primary things that make governance reputable are good health care system, qualitative free education, infrastructural developments,friendly working environment, sound electricity, prudency among the workers etc. And in all this aforementioned things, peter obi has performed creditably well. The state runs free education from primary to secondary leve, there's good road networks, investors are trooping in everyday, adequate funding of the securty, schools are properly facilitated etc. All this things are being enabled with the paltry allocation that the state gets from FG, which u can not compare with that of lagos, rivers, akwa ibom etc

Before I respond to your obviously ignorant post, I'll ask you one question . . . . When was the last time you visited Anambra? Or at least the major town in Anambra . . Like Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi? undecided
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 9:39am On May 03, 2011
Sagamite:

What rubbish are you chatting?

Whether state or national, APGA is a minority party. It does not have the resources (financial and machinery) to compare with PDP?

What part of "I must state most analysis is based on a mixture of (1) utterances by the governor that I have read, (2) general reports online and (3) the citizenry affection and respect the governors generate" don't you understand?

You struggle with English?

You want me to get one of my Nwanne or Nwannas to translate for you?

What shyt are you chatting?

Your common sense did not require you to check the fact PDP won 2 of the Senatorial seats, while ACN took the last one and APGA none, in the same state you claim APGA is the giant?

maybe you should leave debates and analysis to people who actually have information! undecided
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 10:16am On May 03, 2011
Abdulfattah Ahmed (Kwara)
BSc Chemistry (Unilorin)
Highest occupational achievement: Senior Manager, Banking (GTB)
PDP

I agree with the 'Potential' categorization of this man, my state governor.
Much as I'm not a fan of god-sons, something keeps telling me this man will perform.
I don't know much about him and he wasn't my preference(AC's Dele Belgore was my preferred candidate) majorly because, upstaging father by son, to me is still not the liberation Kwara needs.

But sometimes, like the Tinubu-Fashola case, godsons may not be bad, especially if the godfather gives him/her free hand.
In the early years of Fashola, Tinubu gave him free hand allowing him to do the administrative part while he did the politics part, fighting PDP and other dirty jobs.

If Bukola can allow this man to work and keep him free from political distractions, I'm somehow positive of something good coming from him.

I read he was behind the economic strategy of Bukola Saraki's administration. He also comes across as a young, cool guy that should be loaded with modern ideas. His private sector background - from a reputed brand as GTB, especially - is also giving me hope, forget the fact that Rogue Isa Yuguda was also a former bank CEO.

I wish this man the best in his 'potential'.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by semid4lyfe(m): 11:36am On May 03, 2011
Person wey dey follow Bros Sagamite debate/argue get time grin

I only post replies to his posts when I'm in agreement with him otherwise I go activate ''read and waka pass'' mode cos na MOORON, REETARD, CRETIN etc e go end tongue

Meanwhile, his assessment of my State Governor (state withheld) is on point, hence this post wink
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 03, 2011
The reason I stole saga away from BB. Too intelligent to let go kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss [size=2pt] for ya mind saga[/size] grin grin
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 2:09pm On May 03, 2011
jennykadry:

The reason I stole saga away from BB. Too intelligent to let go kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Una all dey see how beautiful, intelligent, real ladies behave.  kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss grin

semid4lyfe:

Person wey dey follow Bros Sagamite debate/argue get time grin

I only post replies to his posts when I'm in agreement with him otherwise I go activate ''read and waka pass'' mode cos na MOORON, REETARD, CRETIN etc e go end tongue

Meanwhile, his assessment of my State Governor (state withheld) is on point, hence this post wink

Why do you agree it is on point? WHAT DA F IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHY?

What kind of bloody, utter %£$^* . . . . .  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by CrudeOil2(m): 2:23pm On May 03, 2011
. . . And how is this an analysis?
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by revomind(m): 2:30pm On May 03, 2011
@Saga,

U may need to review Admiral Nyako's ratings up there. Reports from Adamawa indicate he's piss poor in terms of vision and performance. Also, he isn't a well-educated man, had little high school education before he joined the Navy and rose to the top. You know how Northerners roll.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by haboosa(m): 2:31pm On May 03, 2011
@ Sagamite ,Tanko Al-makura of Nassarawa state happen to be a seasoned business man he owns the largest hotel which happens to be the only five star hotel in Nassarawa state , TAHAL Hotels and restaurants in Lafia and his people loved him for what he did when the state doctors and teachers went on strike. he help in the payments of the medical doctors and the teachers he even get to the level of repairing roads that leads to the town of the incumbent governor who happens to be busy embezzling state fund by making sure his son travel out of the country with the state fund of about 20 billion naira and fail to even give his father his own share of the deal which now expose the whole nassarawaites of what the governor is doing with their fund.  smiley smiley smiley
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 2:43pm On May 03, 2011
Crude Oil:

. . . And how is this an analysis?

You might need to invest in a dictionary.

It will do you a world of good, bruv.

revomind:

@Saga,

U may need to review Admiral Nyako's ratings up there. Reports from Adamawa indicate he's piss poor in terms of vision and performance. Also, he isn't a well-educated man, had little high school education before he joined the Navy and rose to the top. You know how Northerners roll.

Good stuff.

Are there any reliable articles by any chance?

haboosa:

@ Sagamite ,Tanko Al-makura of Nassarawa state happen to be a seasoned business man he owns the largest hotel which happens to be the only five star hotel in Nassarawa state , TAHAL Hotels and restaurants in Lafia and his people loved him for what he did when the state doctors and teachers went on strike. he help in the payments of the medical doctors and the teachers he even get to the level of repairing roads that leads to the town of the incumbent governor who happens to be busy embezzling state fund by making sure his son travel out of the country with the state fund of about 20 billion naira and fail to even give his father his own share of the deal which now expose the whole nassarawaites of what the governor is doing with their fund. smiley smiley smiley

Yeah! I know he owns all the hotels that is why I put him under "Suspect".

How did a civil servant and politician get the finances to own some of the best hotels in the Abuja and Northern Nigeria and has properties in Nigeria and US?

He might be clean and honest but I suspect.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by agabaI23(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2011
Categorisation of state governors?
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Princek12(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2011
Eko oni baje oooooooo. Fashola na top notch!
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by chines4(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2011
Ujujoan:

Before I respond to your obviously ignorant post, I'll ask you one question . . . .  When was the last time you visited Anambra? Or at least the major town in Anambra . . Like Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi?  undecided

Ujujoan I have taken my time to go through u'r post. Gov. Obi may not be a saint but He have done well as Governor of Anambra state. The road network is wonderful can you tell a town in Anambra state that don't have access road, the upgrade of school now a lot government school can boast of computer lab, portable water and good learning environment, Upgrade  of General Hospitals. Development of a state is not an easy task. This is a state that have nothing to show. I must equally commend Ngige because he started the good work. And as a Governor he worked well in Onitsha and Anambra Central and that was why he is able to win Prof Dora and not because Gov. Obi is not performing. I'm working in Onitsha and I'm from the state
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 03, 2011
Good
Adams Oshiomhole (Edo)
Pros:
- Understands the needs of the common man
- The Edo people were clamouring for him and, so far, no indications they have been disappointed
- Was very pro-active as Labour union leader
- Seems to be in the ACN clique of progressives

Cons:
- Not highly educated

this just made the whole of your analysis completely flawed, a graduate of ruskins college, oxford university, london, is not highly educated?  shocked shocked
even his attendance of the highest school of  policy and srategic studies in nigeria is not enough for you, men! you need help!!! i will take it as an oversight,
pls do more research on what you typed, before u start  contradicting yourself.  

Good
Adams Oshiomhole (Edo)
Economics and Industrial relations (Ruskin College), Candidate (National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies)
Highest occupational achievement: President (NLC)
ACN
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by olapluto(m): 3:08pm On May 03, 2011
Osun, Oyo, Ekiti I know about. Oyo will see developments and little media celebrations. Same thing Lam Adesina did in 1999-2003. More roads, more farm settlements, more low cost housing estates, perhaps in unaccessible parts of the state. Realistic governance, tell people as it is. I remember Lam Adeshina's famous 'awo o kaju'lu' phrase (meaning the leather is not enough to cover the diameter of the drum). People are hard to please, but I believe Isiaka Ajimobi will do better.
Osun I am very confident of the man due to his antecedence in Lagos.
Ekiti has a realistic governor who I believe has the love of his people in mind.
However, I am not sure the federal government will release as much money as it did to the previous governors to these ACN people. PDP will try to frustrate them like they did to the Lams and Akandes.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by CrudeOil2(m): 3:16pm On May 03, 2011
df2006:

this just made the whole of your analysis completely flawed, a graduate of ruskins college, oxford university, london, is not highly educated?  shocked shocked
even his attendance of the highest school of  policy and srategic studies in nigeria is not enough for you, men! you need help!!! i will take it as an oversight,

Exactly what I mean. He is stating his thoughts and perceptions and he calls it an analysis.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Abayomin70(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2011
this one na real nice one
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 3:37pm On May 03, 2011
agabaI23:

Categorisation of state governors?

You be thesaurus ni?  tongue

You fit call am classification, diagnosis, investigation, enquiry if you wish. My own na analysis. grin grin grin

df2006:

Crude Oil:

Exactly what I mean. He is stating his thoughts and perceptions and he calls it an analysis.

You are both dumb!

Ruskin College is a college IN Oxford, not a college OF the University of Oxford.

And dimwit, University of Oxford is not in London. WTF!!! And this is the person telling me to "do more research on what you typed"?

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=175j15a4w7A[/flash]

You think I am of your calibre that can be bamboozled? You think I would not know the colleges of Oxford?

See the type of 2 people criticising my analysis? What the fck is going on in NL for God sake? Where the fck is the reverence for my Godly intellect?

Seun, the authorities will close this website down soon if this respect does not return.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by DisGuy: 3:38pm On May 03, 2011
Abdulfattah Ahmed (Kwara)
BSc Chemistry (Unilorin)
Highest occupational achievement: Senior Manager, Banking (GTB)
PDP

Also has an MBA with some executive public finance management course

The foremost rating agency also assigned the state’s upcoming N17 billion Fixed Rate Semi-Annual Redeemable Bonds 2009/2014 (Series 1), Long-term local currency “B+” and National Long-term “AA-(nga)” ratings.

Fitch said the ratings reflect Kwara State good budgetary performance and growing investment in infrastructure to develop the local economy.
The ratings also take into account the state’s prudent budget management, which together with gradually increasing tax autonomy is set to help the state to mitigate decline in revenue accruing to it from the Federal allocation, due to decline in crude oil prices.

the success of this dude lies solely on the people 'they' put in his team or else he'll be the only superstar with foot dragging agbada wearing career politicians, it would help if he has more lagos based professionals coming in with new ideas or people from the private sector

Bukola will be busy on the national stage, i don't see him swatting the old brigade like Tinubu did, but you just never know
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by osifred(m): 3:56pm On May 03, 2011
[center]seriously can we consider the option that fashola of lagos state mite be a little over hyped by bloggers and the media?
jst ma 20 cent.
[/center]
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 4:01pm On May 03, 2011
osifred:

[center]seriously can we consider the option that fashola of lagos state mite be a little overhyped by bloggers and the medias?
jst ma 20 cent.
[/center]

No, we can't.

Dis Guy:

Also has an MBA with some executive public finance management course

Do you have a source and name of university?
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by DisGuy: 4:01pm On May 03, 2011
^^ true, many media houses are based in Lagos but there's nothing indicating he is passing them the brown envelopes, he has also been able to attract huge amount of international finance, with all the oil money in the ND international companies should be rushing there to make easy money but they are not really interested-no as interested as Lagos anyway
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Bensonite: 4:08pm On May 03, 2011
Sagamite,
I think your analysis is good for most of the governors, however on Amaechi of Rivers State, you need to add insolence to his cons as it well known fact he does not respect anyone(citing utterance made on white coach or not for super eagles is one out of a million we have seen in Rivers State). Ironically in terms of development of the state he can be rated top notch.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by BabaTony: 4:09pm On May 03, 2011
To me sagamites analysis is full of prejudices, i say this because he cannot access the governors based on newspaper reports, what ppl say  etc. the best way to acces these governors is to visit their states and comparing what was on ground before they came in. By the way, big university degress do not determine how good or bad a governor will be, the old INEC boss is an example a whole PROF, As for state governor (Akwa Ibom) , I personally put him in top notch, he's not a media type, visiting the state alone can tell the story. he entered the bad media books just because of the pre-election violence caused by a crook like Udo-edehe.we all know the story. Amaechi and fashola (possibly over hyped) have done well too based on my personal experience, not what is written in the media. Abia governor deserves some knocks.those are the ones i can access, as for the rest i dont know!!!!!
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 4:12pm On May 03, 2011
BabaTony:

To me sagamites analysis is full of prejudices, i say this because he cannot access the governors based on newspaper reports, what ppl say  etc. the best way to acces these governors is to visit their states and comparing what was on ground before they came in. By the way, big university degress do not determine how good or bad a governor will be, the old INEC boss is an example a whole PROF, As for state governor (Akwa Ibom) , I personally put him in top notch, he's not a media type, visiting the state alone can tell the story. he entered the bad media books just because of the pre-election violence caused by a crook like Udo-edehe.we all know the story. Amaechi and fashola (possibly over hyped) have done well too based on my personal experience, not what is written in the media. Abia governor deserves some knocks.those are the ones i can access, as for the rest i dont know!!!!!

You dey crase!

Why you no gif me the money to visit all the states and also pay for my time.

Eleya oshi!
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by BabaTony: 4:13pm On May 03, 2011
grin thats why you should have limited you analysis to states you are familiar with and leave the rest for other ppl to contribute
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 4:14pm On May 03, 2011
I stop una from putting una own analysis?

Chineke! Sho! grin
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 03, 2011
@ op, you my friend is the highest un educated  person here, because your concept of education is totally weak, so ruskins is a substandard college cause it,s not in oxford university?
it will be clear to you that the college is for a certain type of people of which the able comrade is one, working men! now, dose his attendance, of that school, make him not highly educated? i beg to disagree, come off your high horses and do a better research! and i repeat on what u have typed, i see u omitted the national school of strategy and policy in kuru, in your reply, not an education up to your standard, i guess. all this i too know people sef, i tire o!

The mission statement of Ruskins college is twofold:

The first aim, that of giving individuals a second chance in education, continues to be achieved by admitting those with few or no formal qualifications to courses of study[b] that can result in, or lead on to, university-level qualifications.[/b]
   The second aim, the transformational element of the mission, is evidenced by the fact that the most frequent thing former students say about Ruskin is that it changed their lives. Students, whether or not they themselves are resident, benefit from studying in a setting with a strong sense of academic community and from the intensive tutorial teaching that Ruskin offers. The College is also transformational because it sees education as a vehicle for progressive social change.

Ruskin tends towards a curriculum that has high social relevance, students who want to make a difference in the world, and forms of academic scholarship and research that are engaged and applied.

Ruskin’s mission is also pursued by means of strong historical links, nationally and internationally, with the labour and trade union movement, other social movements and activism around social issues (e.g., anti-ageism), as well as with local communities, for example through the Social Work and Youth and Community Work programmes.
culled from wikipedia.

how in God,s name can somebody with this kind of education be under educated, fact is, this is the ideal college for the comrade, because it encompasses all what oshiomole needs as a comrade governor, and some one labels it, cons and he is reveling in his ignorance!
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by DisGuy: 4:20pm On May 03, 2011
Sagamite:

No, we can't.

You you have a source and name of university?

saw it on one of his profile before the elections, I think Ilorin

the other courses were Manchester Business School and one in US
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Homonide: 4:22pm On May 03, 2011
honestly,i don't see how this can be called an analysis.At best,it can be referred to as a poor attempt to categorize state governors according to their performance.the thread is pooly researched and i wonder how it made it to the front page.Seun,jarus and aisha,what are you doing?
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 4:26pm On May 03, 2011
df2006:

@ op, you my friend is the highest un educated  person here, because your concept of education is totally weak, so ruskins is a substandard college cause it,s not in oxford university?
it will be clear to you that the college is for a certain type of people of which the able comrade is one, working men! now, dose his attendance, of that school, make him not highly educated? i beg to disagree, come off your high horses and do a better research! and i repeat on what u have typed, i see u omitted the national school of strategy and policy in kuru, in your reply, not an education up to your standard, i guess. all this i too know people sef, i tire o!

culled from wikipedia.

how in God,s name can somebody with this kind of education be under educated, fact is, this is the ideal college for the comrade, because it encompasses all what oshiomole needs as a comrade governor, and some one labels it, cons and he is reveling in his ignorance!

You are a cretin!

You show me a colleges marketing spill as evidence of quality!

A place that does not have a "university" status?

Foool, maybe at your level, that is high quality quaification. Not mine!

Did you really say Uni of Oxford was in London?  grin grin grin grin grin And you call me the [I quote] "the highest un educated"?  grin grin grin grin

Alakori conductor oshi! grin

Dis Guy:

saw it on one of his profile before the elections, I think Ilorin

the other courses were Manchester Business School and one in US

Abeg, do you have any links by any chance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is Nigeria The Costliest Place In The World To Build Roads? / Buhari’s Cabinet: APC Compiles Loyal Members’ List For Appointments / Osun Election: PDP's Adeleke Casts His Vote, Commends INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.