Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical (6274 Views)

Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud / Igbo Kwenu: Nigerian Makes Nigeria Proud In Nyu Law School / For Real? How Jonathan Made Nigeria Proud In Washington Dc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by silami(m): 7:00am On May 04, 2011
When Hausa/Fulani is mentioned, an average southerner will think of not so smart, illiterate, barbaric , etc. just take a look of how two hausas are changing the world of pharmaceutical,

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/05/04/changing-the-face-of-pharmaceuticals-amina-and-isa-odidi-cnn-african-voices/
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by Beaf: 7:10am On May 04, 2011
They have done us proud indeed.
Very encouraging, we need to begin gathering the names of Nigerians at the cutting edge of science and technology to use as role models for the youth.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by silami(m): 7:14am On May 04, 2011
^these kind of stories make me a prouder Nigerian,
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by dempeople(m): 7:31am On May 04, 2011
Its all good. I partially watched the interview on cnn. They're indeed on top of their game.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by ektbear: 7:32am On May 04, 2011
Really impressive. Kudos to them.

Btw, first video was interesting to watch. . . if Amina's father had not shown such an interest in educating his daughter in the 60s and 70s, doubtful any of this would have happened.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by edoyad(m): 8:02am On May 04, 2011
http://alleyesonafrica.com/1/?p=302
Nigerian born Dr. Isa and Dr. Amina Odidi to  ring opening bell at NASDAQ on Friday Posted by  admin  on October 21 , 2010 ᅡ 80 Comments   Nigerian born Dr. Isa and Dr. Amina Odidi, one of Canada’ s top pharmaceutical scientists to ring opening bell at  NASDAQ on Friday History is being made once again as Nigerian born Dr.  Isa Odidi and Dr. Amina Odidi, one of Canada’s top  pharmaceutical scientists and prolific inventors and  their pharmaceutical company Intellipharmaceutics  have been invited by a stock exchange based in the  United States of America (NASDAQ) to ring the  opening bell before trading begins in New York city.  This event will take place today 22 nd October 2010.  The NASDAQ invitation highlights the achievements of these two scientists and their pharmaceutical company. This is a very significant milestone for the Odidi’s and  their company and I dare say a first in the annals of  Nigeria’s history. The first Nigerian couples to ring the  opening bell at NASDAQ, first Nigerian owned  pharmaceutical company to ring the opening bell. It  seems these renowned scientists turned  pharmaceutical business moguls will never seize to  impress and amaze. They were the first Nigerians to  found and own a company (a technology based  pharmaceutical company for that matter) that is  publicly traded on the two international stock  exchanges i.e., NASDAQ in the United States of America and TSX in Canada. Who says Nigerians in Diaspora are  not good ambassadors of Nigeria? Drs Isa and Amina  Odidi truly make Nigeria and Nigerians proud! They  deserve our praise.

I hope more examples like this are pushed to the fore to discourage the pervading culture of ignorance.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by gernded(m): 8:32am On May 04, 2011
ONE IN A BILLION.
LOL
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by namfav(m): 9:14am On May 04, 2011
gernded:

ONE IN A BILLION.
LOL

haters willl hate
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by dustydee: 9:35am On May 04, 2011
is Odidi a hausa name?
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by edoyad(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2011
^ it's not to be honest, may be only the wife is hausa if indeed any of them is.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by real4life: 10:23am On May 04, 2011
Sokoto Almajiri is Senior Creative Designer GM, USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqx-xKGeDCA
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by silami(m): 10:26am On May 04, 2011
edoyad:

^ it's not to be honest, may be only the wife is hausa if indeed any of them is.
I think you're either ignorant, refused to be enlighten or bigoted, Odidi is a correct hausa name which is another name for Usman. he is from Zaria
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by edoyad(m): 10:41am On May 04, 2011
silami:

I think you're either ignorant, refused to be enlighten or bigoted, Odidi is a correct hausa name which is another name for Usman. he is from Zaria
Whatever ! The only Odidi i ever met was a yoruba girl, even if you checked facebook you'd see a couple of Odidis and I doubt they're hausa.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by silami(m): 10:43am On May 04, 2011
I think we should put sentiments and emotional attachement to our regions, religion and race aside to be able to appreciate others achievement. i hate when people start belittling or degrading other people because they came from a particular region.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by Thatdave(m): 10:43am On May 04, 2011
nigerians are here dying of fake and substandard drugs and herbs and they are there trading their drugs to US and canada and ringing church bell for    NASDAQ. he goat and she goat odidi.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by edoyad(m): 10:59am On May 04, 2011
nigerians are here dying of fake and substandard drugs and herbs and they are there trading their drugs to US and canada and ringing church bell for    NASDAQ. he goat and she goat odidi.
@dave, Na wa for you o . So it's now their fault that unscrupulous business men import fake and substandard drugs ?
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by edoyad(m): 11:03am On May 04, 2011
I think we should put sentiments and emotional attachement to our regions, religion and race aside to be able to appreciate others achievement. i hate when people start belittling or degrading other people because they came from a particular region.

Agreed. We're trying to put sentiments aside that's why we have to establish where they're really from1
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by adamabdul: 11:54am On May 04, 2011
He was born in katsina and attended ABU zaria for his BSC
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by kobikwelu(m): 11:59am On May 04, 2011
nigerians are here dying of fake and substandard drugs and herbs and they are there trading their drugs to US and canada and ringing church bell for NASDAQ. he goat and she goat odidi.

LWKeeMD
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 04, 2011
I've read about the couple and their exploits a couple of months.

And just thinking aloud, ABU must be a very great school. 9-10 successful person from the North passed through that school. I've seen too many brilliant minds from this school, not to come to terms with the fact that this school is easily in the class of, if not greater than some of the, OAUs, UIs, UNNs and Unilags of the South.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by edoyad(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2011
Jarus:

And just thinking aloud, ABU must be a very great school. 9-10 successful person from the North passed through that school. I've seen too many brilliant minds from this school, not to come to terms with the fact that this school is easily in the class of, if not greater than some of the, OAUs, UIs, UNNs and Unilags of the South.

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Please stop, we ABUsites are no different from you average Nigerians grin

Back to the topic, someone could do well in actually telling us where Odidi is from or which people bear that name.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by hakanai(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2011
edoyad:

Back to the topic, someone could do well in actually telling us where Odidi is from or which people bear that name.

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:44:47 -0700
Subject: [ANOG] Making History: Nigerian born Dr. Isa and Dr. Amina Odidi

Another proud moment for Nigerians.
Bola Adesuyi
http://www.nigeriannewsservice.com/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=url&urlid=5&mailid=31&subid=7994

History is being made once again as Nigerian born Dr. Isa Odidi and Dr. Amina Odidi, one of Canada’s top pharmaceutical scientists and prolific inventors and their pharmaceutical company Intellipharmaceutics have been invited by a stock exchange based in the United States of America (NASDAQ) to ring the opening bell before trading begins in New York city. This event will take place tomorrow 22nd October 2010. The NASDAQ invitation highlights the achievements of these two scientists and their pharmaceutical company.

This is a very significant milestone for the Odidi’s and their company and I dare say a first in the annals of Nigeria’s history. The first Nigerian couples to ring the opening bell at NASDAQ, first Nigerian owned pharmaceutical company to ring the opening bell. It seems these renowned scientists turned pharmaceutical business moguls will never seize to impress and amaze. They were the first Nigerians to found and own a company (a technology based pharmaceutical company for that matter) that is publicly traded on the two international stock exchanges i.e., NASDAQ in the United States of America and TSX in Canada. Who says Nigerians in Diaspora are not good ambassadors of Nigeria? Drs Isa and Amina Odidi truly make Nigeria and Nigerians proud! They deserve our praise. We call on the Nigerian government to recognize and give honor to whom honor is due. For those who are interested in watching the event, it will be broadcast live.

In 1998, Dr. Isa Odidi and Dr. Amina Odidi co-founded the publicly-traded Canadian based Intellipharmaceutics International Inc. Dr. Isa Odidi received his B.Sc. degree in Pharmacy from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, and his M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Technology and his Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics from the University of London. He is also a graduate of the Western Executive Management Program and obtained his MBA from the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. Dr. Amina Odidi received her B.Sc. degree in Pharmacy from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, and her M.Sc. in Biopharmacy and her Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics from the University of London. Although these entrepreneurs are now Canadian citizens, they are originally from Kano, Nigeria

About Intellipharmaceutics Inc.:

Intellipharmaceutics International Inc. is a pharmaceutical company specializing in the research, development and manufacture of novel or generic controlled release and targeted release oral solid dosage drugs. The Company's patented Hypermatrix(tm) technology is a unique and validated multidimensional controlled-release drug delivery platform that can be applied to the efficient development of a wide range of existing and new pharmaceuticals. Based on this technology, Intellipharmaceutics has a pipeline of products in various stages of development in therapeutic areas that include neurology, cardiovascular, GIT, pain and infection. The Company has three products under review with the FDA for the purpose of obtaining regulatory approval. These represent a 6 billion dollars in brand sales.

Intellipharmaceutics' lead generic product under development is Dexmethylphenidate XR (dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride), a generic version of Focalin XR(r), which is an extended-release capsule for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. In 2008, Focalin(r), including Focalin XR(r), had U.S. sales of approximately U.S. $350 million.

Intellipharmaceutics' lead non-generic product under development is Rexista(tm) oxycodone, an abuse- and alcohol-deterrent controlled-release oral formulation of controlled-release oxycodone hydrochloride for the relief of pain. Rexista(tm) oxycodone is a unique dosage form designed to be deterrent to some of the well-documented abuses associated with currently marketed oxycodone products, such as abuse of these drugs by nasal inhalation when crushed or powdered and by injection when combined with solvents. Rexista(tm) oxycodone is also designed to resist release of the entire dose when consumed with alcohol, a significant problem with some opioid drugs. In 2008, oxycodone had U.S. sales of approximately U.S. $2 billion.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/igala/message/4760

Anyway you can check online if it really matters.I know you really want this credit badly going to the middle belt or someone else other than the north.We on the other hand her proud. grin
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by ayomifull(f): 1:27pm On May 04, 2011
now this is a really good one
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by gadogado(m): 2:30pm On May 04, 2011
Prof. Isa Odidi is from kano, that is his state of origin. Look at the link if you want to verify.

http://www.ndnigeria.org/Executives.htm
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 04, 2011
edoyad:

I brought that to attention because from my interactions with many nairalanders, ABU is highly underrated. I remember when we were discussing Sanusi issue in 2009 when Davidylan dismissed ABU certificate as not worth more than the paper it's printed on.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by tpia5: 2:48pm On May 04, 2011
I think everybody knows ABU is a good school.

At least it used to be common knowledge- dont know about now.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 04, 2011
They are worthy of commendation.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 04, 2011
^^^
I've found myself arguing with some nairalanders on that topic before. Can at least recall Davidylan.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by seanet02: 3:23pm On May 04, 2011
ABU ke? UI rocks better than all this village schools
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 04, 2011
Jarus:

And just thinking aloud, ABU must be a very great school. 9-10 successful person from the North passed through that school. I've seen too many brilliant minds from this school, not to come to terms with[s] the fact that this school is easily in the class of, if not greater than some of the, OAUs, UIs, UNNs and Unilags of the South.
[/s]

From where to where,I'm sure you are just trying to raise the profile of ABU by making such comparison cuz to me,the school remains an alternative option for frustrated candidates that couldn't get admission into the Southern universities.
you may call it the best in the north and i still doubt that because unilorin also ranks higher than ABU.
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by dapachez: 5:18pm On May 04, 2011
@ Beaf you are on point,they have indeed made us proud to be Nigerians hope the others take a que from what they have done
Re: Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical by aljharem3: 5:34pm On May 04, 2011
i am proud of them

i ama proud northerner anyday anytime, cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

'you're A Cultist' - Former Borno Governor Replies Soyinka / Gej's Train Transformation / Results From 32 States And How The Candidates Stands (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.