Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives (31975 Views)

Kwara Governorship: PDP In Early Lead, Armed Military, DSS Operatives Spotted / Fresh Defections Loom As Governors Close In On Senator's Seats - The Punch / MC Tagwaye And His Twin Brother At APC Convention With DSS Operatives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by okrote4real: 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2021
"We were invited to cover a panel of discussion at the ongoing African Council of Women Conference with the theme: Factors and driver of Gender-Based Violence in Nigeria, organised by the DRPC, under the Ford Foundation.

"I drove to the venue, M & M Events Centre, Abuja, close to NICON Luxury in Central Business District. After introducing myself, the Mopol stopped me at the gate and said I should get entrance tag. I told him I can only get the tag from the people who invited me. Still, he refused. I had to call Patience Ihejirika of Leadership Newspapers who came, gave me my tag.

"Yet, the police officer was complaining that we journalists are the problem of Nigeria. I turned and asked him why do security agencies hate journalists? He started abusing me and said if not he was on uniform, he would have taught me a big lesson. Seeing him, you could tell he's frustrated.

"He said I wasn't going in. It was during this time that the DSS operatives pounded me, tore my shirts. One of them tried severally to clear me, but I was jumping. They were joined by police officers. They said I should sit down, I stood up. I was handcuffed! They seized the phone belonging to Patience Ihejirika, deleted the videos and photos of the incident, while one of the police officers threatened to beat her up.

"I called a senior officer in DSS who happened to be my friend right from school. Even when he tried to speak with them, they refused. 'Tell him we're not talking with him. Olokor, I'm from Delta, when we get home, we discuss man to man', one of them said. One wonders whether there's no discipline in the DSS.

"An Assistant Director called to plead with a promise that they would been summoned to write a report of what happened. I've reported the matter to my bosses."

Friday Olokor
http://www.okrotesblog.com/2021/06/friday-olokor-of-punch-newspaper.html?m=0

1 Share

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Xscape1993(m): 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2021
Lawlessness everywhere in Nigeria. I am not surprise at all. We have not witnessed such state of lawlessness in this country before.

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Duru9(m): 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2021
Maybe you resemble their Oga

These security guys are frustrated

One just de misbehave for Agbo joint for life camp junction after drinking agbo he dropped his ancient gun and start making noise

Police officer oh

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by LibertyRep: 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
From Punch.

They may still be angry that Punch is yet to revert to President Buhari from General Buhari and administration from regime

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Eazi1(m): 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
Sorry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2021
This man appeared stubborn too. Y telling them they weren't in a position to give you tag? Those who quote me lack sense. In a case like this, you comply, take their i.d after all na same conference u dey go. I think he was rude when he asked y they hated pressmen

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Cholls(m): 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2021

5 Likes

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Nbotee(m): 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:
This man appeared stubborn too. Y telling them they weren't in a position to give you tag?

Did U read the post at all?

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Mutemenot(m): 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:
This man appeared stubborn too. Y telling them they weren't in a position to give you tag?

Please read it again. I guess you made this comment before reading .

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Imsoblessed: 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:
is being dull synanimus with supporting this government?

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Fasindo: 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2021
shocked

I do not believe this

They say there are always 3 sides to a story.
My side
His and
The truth
The man just told us his own story, let's wait for police and DSS side of the story from there we will know the truth.

But the man am seeing in the picture doesn't look beating and his clothes are not torn as reported by the journalist. By the way I wonder how DSS junior staffs will refused to answer the call of their superior, that is impossible.

Anyway what do I even know, punch reporter was punched by police and DSS

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by DDDEnterprises: 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2021
Sorry oo. May God heal and comfort you

3 Likes

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by temptnow: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
Abacha dey learn work where Buhari regime dey

5 Likes

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by ipobarethieves: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
sad these set of useless swines needs ipob ESN/UGM hit and runz

1 Like

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by donnie(m): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2021
Karma. They have started receiving the payment for all the propaganda against innocent citizens.

Punch would have reported the news as follows:
IPOB terrorists attack DSS officials. shocked tongue
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Seniorwriter(m): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2021
SMH
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by bigdammyj: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2021
Noted
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Built2last: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2021
He is not Fulani

1 Like

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by peppermint7(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:
You Be mumu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by manuel4real(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
shocked,
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Talk2david1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
This is why they banned Twitter...
So they can carry out wicked plans without it trending

2 Likes

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by inoki247: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
lol this Regime just dey share am all rounder like Carbin Biscuits nd Capri Sonne....

1 Like

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by olatade(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
Mutemenot:

Please read it again. I guess you made this comment before reading .

Don't mind the ignoramous

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by shegra58: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:
once you start supporting this government you become your own problem

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by butterfly777(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
No one achieves anything great by prayer alone. You must play your part, while God plays His part.

God has heard our prayer for our Nigeria. It's time for positive action.

JUNE 12 Rallies for good governance.

Come one, come all!

2 Likes

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by brainpulse: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
ok. He wants everyone to believe that out of all journalist on that occasion, he was Brutalized for just been a journalist by both Police and DSS?
An experienced journalist went to a government sponsored program expecting to gate crash without an official identification or security TAG?
We need to hear the other side of the story

3 Likes

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Dproperties: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
Buhari boys not Nigeria forces

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Bola Tinubu Attended And Graduated From Chicago State University / Sale Ahmad Sale 'Baban Hassan' Killed By Nigerian Army / Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.