Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,567 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) (46223 Views)

Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin / NDLEA Arrests Father Of 4 With black cocaine, Recovers Tramadol, Diazepam / EFCC Arrests And Arraigns Akpaikpe Etim For Internet Fraud (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is grilling a father, Isa Bola Bakare, and his son, Malik Giles Bakare over alleged conspiracy on computer-related fraud.

They were apprehended for allegedly obtaining money by false pretence and retention of proceeds of unlawful activities.

Malik was arrested by officers of the Nigeria Police, Force CID, Alagbon in Lagos on May 31, 2021, and handed over to the EFCC.

In a statement on Wednesday, EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren said Malik acted as a “middleman”.

“He connects internet fraudsters around the globe with pickers, and receives some percentage on every successful transaction”, it read.

During preliminary investigation, the father appeared at the EFCC to claim the N46 million Range Rover SUV recovered from Malik.

Uwujaren said the senior Bakare was arrested after he failed to provide a satisfactory explanation of how he acquired it.

Items seized from the suspects include the vehicle, an iPhone 12 Pro Max, an iPhone 8 and “some incriminating items”.

The father and son will be charged to court after the conclusion of the full investigation.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/09/efcc-arrests-son-father-for-alleged-internet-fraud/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
This is why this country would never go forward.
A father is meant to lead his children towards the right direction.

171 Likes 15 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by santakris(m): 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2021
Horrible........Very bad.

Daddy that supposed to be a role model to the boy. embarassed embarassed

My take:
Guys should be arrested randomly and be queried for the sources of their income. They should be released however upon the satisfaction for their source of income.

This is the only way to have a sane and just society.

Addendum:
Those of you insulting me. Go and make legal wealth that you can defend.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Coldshisha: 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2021
cool

Don't ever give your financial information to anyone for transaction you cant monitor, Baba was trying to save his son

The boy isn't an hacker or a bank fruadster, he gets account for the American hackers to load, gets a share while Americans walk free

As a father rather than watch his son go to jail for seven years he decided to claim the asset as a fall guy

Nobody respects father's love and sacrifice

279 Likes 21 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by DaniDani(m): 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
sapphiere:

He's still leading him, although in the left direction.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by budaatum: 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
sapphiere:

I'm borrowing your insightful comment for those who blame buhari.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by OnionBandit(f): 6:13pm On Jun 10, 2021
What a shame!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by money121(m): 6:13pm On Jun 10, 2021
Endtime father

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Vaughanlanrewaj: 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2021
sapphiere:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/09/efcc-arrests-son-father-for-alleged-internet-fraud/

lalasticlala
Paradoxically , it is people like this who complain most bitterly about President Muhammadu Buhari most of the time . They will be telling you of how their 'business ' was booming during the PDP HE GEJ tenure administration.visit www.freestuffsng.com to hunt for freebies. God bless Nigeria my fatherland.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Mokason288(m): 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2021
I only came to check names

The father is a rugged baba

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by ivolt: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2021
Father son combo.
Criminal family.
Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2021
santakris:
Horrible........Very bad.

Daddy that supposed to be a role model to the boy. embarassed embarassed

My take:
Guys should be arrested randomly and be queried for the sources of their income. They should be released however upon the satisfaction for their source of income.

This is the only way to have a sane and just society.
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by NwaNimo1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2021

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Eryyy92: 6:26pm On Jun 10, 2021
Who go teach me work na cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Karlovych: 6:26pm On Jun 10, 2021
embarassed embarassed Bakare and Sons Ltd

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by hedonido: 6:35pm On Jun 10, 2021
Failing to provide a "satisfactory answer" for how he acquired the vehicle is sufficient grounds for arrest and prosecution? By the EFCC? Why is Nigeria such a lawless police state? Very useless, incompetent and primitive system we have here.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by dododawa1: 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2021
Association of yahoo yahoo guys father and mother plenty now.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2021
angry

No tribalism here.
Nairaland's Chief Peacemaker as designated by Ogbeni Seun Osewa.

Let's focus on the crime and not the tribe.

Jail them both.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2021
hedonido:
Failing to provide a "satisfactory answer" for how he acquired the vehicle is sufficient grounds for arrest and prosecution? By the EFCC? Why is Nigeria such a lawless police state? Very useless, incompetent and primitive system we have here.
He should provide.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:
angry

No tribalism here.
just look at your life

smh

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2021
grin

I'm tempted to scream

AFO..... lipsrsealed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
grin

I'm tempted to scream

AFO..... lipsrsealed
...NJA wan commout for my mouth.. I'm trying to resist the urge.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by seunoj: 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2021
Any difference btw this if confirmed and politicians who stole and still dash their lineage commissioners and reps/senate?

It’s becoming a norm. Stealing is not a crime

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by mytime24(f): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2021
Like father like s..
Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Styluss: 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2021
sapphiere:
u still thief FTC grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by tydi(m): 4:56am On Jun 11, 2021
E be things!

The son go Dey bomb clients and chat with.
Father Na picker , Prolly with his foreign accounts .
Mother Na she Dey talk to Clients whenever calls are required.
Then siblings Na son colleagues for work.

You get the point now
Re: EFCC Arrests Father And Son For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) by Draslo(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2021
sapphiere:
Anything to bash menfolk gives you orgasms I guess. Calm down. We know the gravity of the crime.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Kills His Friend Over N500 In Kano (Photo) / PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? / Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.