Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:22 PM

Rock Music Is Satanic? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rock Music Is Satanic? (25063 Views)

Poll: Rock music:satanic or not?

Satanic: 21% (23 votes)
Just music: 78% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Skelewu Is A Song Of Satanic Influence! There Is A Proof With The Recent Deaths! / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2008
more satanists - linkin park
i guess thats why the lead singer keeps changing his hair

It starts with one thing
I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal
Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on, but didn't even know
Wasted it all just to watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

One thing, I don't know why
It doesn�t even matter how hard you try, keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme, to explain in due time
I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I'm surprised it got so (far)
Things aren't the way they were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me (in the end)
You kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I

Chorus

I�ve put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
And for all this
There's only one thing you should know (2x) Chorus
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 8:28pm On Apr 08, 2008
Lol Linkin Park are the coolest Satanist! grin
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 8:32pm On Apr 08, 2008
Coldplay proved their satanism when lead singer Chris Martin walked backwards in the video for "The Scientist'

What an evil doer! angry
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by islandar(f): 8:32pm On Apr 08, 2008
Growing up in the US i have learned that 'demonic/stantic' messages are everywhere, in every genre of music. Between DMX, Black Sabbath, and Disney movies that have hidden mesages in them, one cant deny that. But to claim one genre of music is the vehicle of the devil is just a useless claim. I listen to a lot of rock because my mother didn't understand rap, heard an angry black man, and changed the channel, i know rock, and yes there are some that send the wrong message (demonic message) but i don't think beyonce jumping around half naked like a half possessed child is any better
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Scarlett(f): 8:35pm On Apr 08, 2008
Its amazing what people will think up, a music genre being satanic
because some musicians behaved a certain way or said certain things
Why don't some people just go and live in heaven and leave this satanic
world to us.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by rite2salas(m): 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2008
So many dump and skeptical people in this world. Dont judge a book by its cover. Dont codemn rock music because u cant comprehend and decipher wat they say. how many rock concert have you seen satans and his followers go too? Learn to think straight poster tongue cheesy
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:45pm On Apr 08, 2008
@ d-reloaded
are you being sarcastic about Coldplay being satanic or are you for real?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 8:51pm On Apr 08, 2008
sarcasm is a dear friend of mine.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:54pm On Apr 08, 2008
My bad - dumb question on my part -
Thats something I adore about you < that is when am not at the receiving end> < hope it stays that way>
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 8:59pm On Apr 08, 2008
Lmao depends. tongue

Besides my sarcastic remarks arent always negative wink
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by SamMilla1(m): 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2008
I have not really come to terms with this rock music of a thing,
The costume is something strange, the sound is strange ,
the singers and dancers are all the same, strange.
They are the people who use the hard drugs most and they are the people
who abuse women more. Personally i think its satanic.
grin
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 9:21pm On Apr 08, 2008
As usual you dont know what you are talking about
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Arlington(f): 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2008
Na wah oh ! some of the kind of stuff you guys think of as thread topics dey make me wonder oh.
So the name JUJU music, is there any thing satanic about that since it contains the name juju? i am just wondering ,Now rock music is satanic?
please tell me , maybe i am ignorant.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by topkin(m): 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2008
Yes!!!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by FactorChic(f): 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2008
Some Nigerians are just stupid! You will never change that stupid metality,  angry
I remember when Makossa just came out, some said it was demonic, now Rock music is demonic?? why? because it's MOSTLY loud? or because of the outfits those rockstars wear?? I don't listen to rock like that but I think it's unique, try listening to the good ones, listen to d lyrics!! angry what do u expect every one to just stick to R & B or Hip Hop? please don't come up with lame posts like this anymore! angry

very daft human being! angry
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by tosinadeda: 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2008
And u had to use the word daft!
Na wa o,u jst dey vex on top nothing!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by jimicj: 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2008
guys, whats with you all turning what was supposed to be an intellectual discussion into a kiddie shoutfest. On my part, I wouldn't come to any conclusions and say that any genre of music is evil BUT i think that it is imperative that you observe the source of the lyrics to the music that you are listening to. First of all, if you are a christian, then you must believe that it is what comes out of a man that defiles him and not what goes in because it is an expression of what is in his heart. Now, when a man calls it a joke to bad mouth God, not christianity, then i would not see any sense in listening to what he has to say, why? Its simple, he is a big fool, he does not fear God. Secondly, i don't think that a person who has nothing positive to say should be paid much attention and this goes for all genres of music. I believe that music should inspire, educate, uplift and be edifying. There is not much that a junkie or a murderer or a slut will sing and will be along these lines. My verdict, don't be quick to judge but be very careful of who wrote whatever it is you are singing and dancing to because music is a reflection of self.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by reindeer: 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2008
I just wonder what qualifies a song or a type of music as demonic, is it the lyrics?the dressing of the singers or is it the tone of the videos, whatever if these are in any way the reasons being adduced by the poster, well many so called 'gospel' videos made in naija qualify as satanic, someone told me a video by INFINITY looked 'satanic'
now what do y'all make of that?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by spoilt(f): 12:44am On Apr 09, 2008
why they destroy their music equipment after performing is the part that beats me hollow! 
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by drrionelli(m): 12:51am On Apr 09, 2008
You know, before there was rock and roll, some short-sighted individuals thought that bebop was satanic, what with its frenetic meters and such.  Before that, people thought that jazz was satanic with its wild improvisational nature and fierce solos.  Way back, some thought that the blues was satanic because it used scales differently than mainstream music.  

Classical music was considered oh-so-wrong because it exhibited so much more textural emotion than that which came before it.  And, speaking of which, the Baroque music of the mid to late 1600s was initially looked down upon because it embraced a complex, almost mathematical feel that made some uncomfortable.  

Are we seeing a trend, here?  Now that the Baroque and Classical are pretty much the "standards" of western music, and jazz (bebop and blues, too) are getting their scholarly attention, we can clearly see that rock music (now having been part of the world culture for more than half a century), is no more damaging to our collective sensibility than anything that has come before it.  

If rock music is so bad, where's the scholarly support for the argument?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Nobody: 3:15am On Apr 09, 2008
My verdict, don't be quick to judge but be very careful of who wrote whatever it is you are singing and dancing to because music is a reflection of self.

That's right.

I listen to rock music cool.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 4:01am On Apr 09, 2008
you're gonna burn in rock fire tongue
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by menike(m): 5:31am On Apr 09, 2008
embarassedcome witness a funeral of our beloved embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-93655.544.html
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Echeozo(m): 5:34am On Apr 09, 2008
?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by zarazara: 6:36am On Apr 09, 2008
Not all music is. Basically, you can say the same about any kind of music (hip hop, r&B, even juju), any music can be satanic depending on who's singing it, what their intentions are and what kind of message they're trying to get across. i personally don't think rock music is satanic.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Echeozo(m): 7:06am On Apr 09, 2008
&
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by amigoes(m): 8:49am On Apr 09, 2008
DON'T BE DECEIVED ROCK MUSIC IS SATANIC .PERIOD!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Reptyle(m): 8:53am On Apr 09, 2008
It is pertinent to note that Satan did not and cannot create anything. Music (all forms of it) was created by God as were other things. What satan does is to take this created things that are good and pervert it to suit his needs. So, there is indeed some rock genres that have satanic roots. However, christians are beginning to adopt rock music and adapt its messages to the gospel. What you need to do is simply select what you listen to. If it sounds satanic, chuck it!!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Scopium: 9:01am On Apr 09, 2008
[size=13pt]Most rock songs are outright satanic and it's only a FOOL that will deny that fact.[/size]
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by HRhotness(f): 9:20am On Apr 09, 2008
Its backward statements like these that prevent progress in Nigeria
when Nigerians are faced with something new or something they don't understand they immediately proclaim it demonic.
Just because some of u don't listen to rock music, it has to be demonic.
someone mentioned that they abusive to women, what about rap music.
You can't just call an entire genre of music demonic, there r Christian rock music u know,

i came across another thread by an ignorant buffoon, attacking a religion he doesnt understand
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-124029.0.html#msg2134516

really,,,,
sometimes i feel like washing my hands of nairaland and leave u all to wallow in your pit of ignorance
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by HRhotness(f): 9:24am On Apr 09, 2008
@ Oyb

that linkin park song could mean anything, even a sad love song if u wld just read it with an open mind
some people suggested it told of abuse in a relationship,,,,

there was no mention of satan or the devil in there! angry
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by micklplus(m): 9:30am On Apr 09, 2008
Rock satanic ke? Nibo??
I love rocks though, not all the rocks !

The satanic aspect of rock is just a marketing gimmicks to enhance record sales . its a deliberate attempt to play with your minds ! Why fall for those craps??

Do we have to stop reading because of some devilish and satanic write ups?
Lets all break our T.Vs because of the " satanic" stuff we see on there??
We should kill ourselves because of satanic occurences in the world?

To me, rock is just another type of music and it doesnt connote any form satanic references.

Listen to this songs.

FAR AWAY    by NICKELback
BETTER THAN ME  by HINDER.

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart / What Are Your Favorite Songs Of 2013 By Nigerian Artistes? / Bella Shmurda "World": Lyrics & Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.