Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? (40721 Views)

Guys, Can You Ever Be Faithful To A Single Girlfriend? / 10 Signs Your Partner Will Be Faithful To You / What Is That One Thing That Can Make You Stay Faithful In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by mikelangs(m): 2:49pm On May 07, 2011
It is actually easy if you determine to. Its just that men are making a natural thing to cheat and see nothing wrong with it. Believe if you can have control over sex drive and discipline yourself to only want to have sex with your wife alone. U will find out that staying with one partner for life is easy and moreover when we ask God to help us not to cheat you will be surprised at how HE will help u out.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by LordReed(m): 3:24pm On May 07, 2011
It's unfortunate that women can no longer believe that a man can be/is faithful to one woman however that does not stop the truth from being told men have been faithful, men can be faithful and men will be faithful.

For me all that brouhaha of the same soup blah blah blah is simply BS to justify nonsense.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by nmdbs239(m): 3:41pm On May 07, 2011
The most relevant question is whether or not a woman can stay faithful.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by MrsChima(f): 4:08pm On May 07, 2011
Trifling whores come in all shapes, sizes, ethnicities, creed, region, educational level, income level, and appearances.

If they are trifling whores that who they are and there is nothing you can do about it but focus on not being trifling whores like them.

It is easy being faithful when your self respect and dignity is intact and unwavering.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by chibest5(m): 4:49pm On May 07, 2011
well,if she didnt over use her punny during her youth then i may have to stick to one punny for life. but with what goes on now where babes finish their punnies and reserve the dead meat for husbands,then i say dat it wont be possible for me to stay faithful to a babe whose punny is finished

Your case na special prayer, God have mercy shocked
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by zayhal(f): 6:12pm On May 07, 2011
Most men cheat and those who claim not to in the name of morality or religion will still do it, given the opportunity and right environment. But I believe there are still few, very few who'll withstand all odds and not cheat throughout. But these ones are extremely rare!
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Princessly: 7:20pm On May 07, 2011
Yes it is very possible and if you want to you can by God's grace, that means you have to first submit your life to Him through Christ His Son and He will enable you to stick to only one woman that is your wife, am not talking about girlfriend but your wife for life. for more counseling call -08034296143
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by ifasola59(m): 7:35pm On May 07, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION?
CAN A MAN EAT JUST RICE FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE? JUST AS A MAN CANNOT EAT ONLY RICE FOREVER, IT ALSO APPLIES TO A GIRL, WOMAN, OR WHATEVER, NOBODY CAN EAT 1 TYPE OF FOOD FOREVER. EATING THE SAME TYPE OF FOOD FOREVER IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! WHEN SOME SMART-ASSES WANT TO DECEIVE PEOPLE, THEY WOULD SWEAR THAT THE ONLY FOOD THEY EAT DAY IN DAY OUT FOR YEARS IS BEANS OR RICE. IT IS HUMANLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR A MAN TO EAT THE SAME FOOD EVERYTIME, ALL THE TIME AND FOREVER. THEN LET US NOW APPLY IT TO SEX, OR RELATIONSHIP, THE QUESTION CONTINUES, CAN A MAN KEEP DIVING IN THE SAME (PERERECA) CUNT ALL HIS LIFE? CAN A WOMAN KEEP ACCEPTING THE SAME STICK ALL HER LIFE? MY DEAR FRIENDS, WE NEED TO DEBATE THIS ISSUE EXTENSIVELY. DO NOT BRING RELIGION INTO THIS, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION. IT IS A MATTER OF BODY TO BODY!!! CAN U KEEP SOAKING UR BISCUIT IN THE SAME TEA FOR YRS? WE MUST COME TO TERMS WITH THE FACT THAT VARIATION MAKES WHAT WE EAT FEEL BETTER AND KEEP US ALIVE LONGER, IF EATEN WITH CARE! EATING SAME FOOD MAKES IT UMPALATABLE AT A STAGE. I AM NOT AN ADVISER, IF ADVICE WERE TO BE SO VALUABLE, NOBODY WILL GIVE IT FREE!!! SO IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF FOOD U EAT AND THE VARIETY, NO VARIETY, NO CONTINOUS EATING.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by mamagee3(f): 9:02pm On May 07, 2011
Some men can stay with one woman for the rest of their lives faithfully. . .

While the divorcees go around marrying multiple times as a way of covering up their tendency to womanize.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Dsense(m): 9:24pm On May 07, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by mamagee3(f): 10:01pm On May 07, 2011
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Olumogun: 10:33pm On May 07, 2011
Yes it is possible. In-fact, there are still good handful men around town.

However, women must come to realize that VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE.
If you want your man to stay GLUE to you alone, you must constantly add FLAVOUR to your love life, especially in the bedroom.
When a man get full dose of "holy and unrestricted sex" from his wife, why will he be looking for "unholy styles" from common executive hookers.
Men know that 'pusssie' na 'pusssie', what get many flirting around is the "spices" some women add to the dishes.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by dustydee: 8:50am On May 08, 2011
It is possible but difficult especially with women "begging" for it. It takes God to be faithful.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Nobody: 9:17am On May 08, 2011
@OP
it is possible, but our african culture tells us otherwise.
It all depends on what you choose to believe.
I'm me and i have no right to speak for anyone else. a guy can be hip and still stay faithfull, just like a girl can still dress sexy and still be chaste. Although rare but possible. Especially when you hang around the right crowd.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by MrsChima(f): 9:20am On May 08, 2011
Your African culture tells you not to be faithful? Those Africans that are christians gets to commit adultery and cheat because it is the African way?

Those Africans that are muslims gets to commit adultery and cheat because it is the African way?

Are you serious? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by MissedCall(m): 10:24am On May 08, 2011
How can that be possible? Men are polygamous in nature.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by kchills: 11:02am On May 08, 2011
looking for such man?den am a gud example.its damn possible.wats there?
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by marychi18: 11:31am On May 08, 2011
It is so IMPOSSIBLE for men to be faithful with d way married guys beg single ladies for sex as if they dont have wives @ home.
A girl they know nothing about. they dont even care who she is spiritually.

I was shocked when i experienced dat sometime ago. d guy was actually on his knees begging for it.  person husband. na wa o!
And he'll NEVER kneel to his wife @ home!  Shameless lots!

Dats how they bring calamity upon their families all becos of their unchecked huge sexual appetite. shior!
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Labelle(f): 12:42pm On May 08, 2011
O
so_silly:

Yes, it is possible, and I'm a living proof (so far! grin).

It is the easiest thing for me in a relationship. My last relationship, happened to be the longest, lasted 4.5yrs and we were both faithful and committed to it. We were frank about our preferences from the bedroom to daily activities and we sought a middle ground for everything. Before I get involved with someone, there has to be connection on different levels and not just physical.

I believe it depends on a lot of things and not just the relationship you are in. Your family background, place of work, friends you hang out with etc.

For me, I come from a peaceful and loving home where my Dad referes to my mum as "my wife" not "your mother/mum". He treats her with respect, love and kindness and she does the same, so i grew up with the notion to treat women with respect and avoid those that wont treat me with the same respect.

Like some posts said, a lot of we faithful guys are "plain and boring" and I cannot deny that grin. I rarely go to parties/clubs, I have a close circle of friends, don't drink, smoke or do drugs so my judgment is never impaired by such and  my main vices are travelling and eating out. So, avenues of temptation are greatly reduced. Most of my friends are female, so I don't get carried away with female attention - on the downside I tend to fail to notice when a girl is flirting with me, I just think she's being nice and friendly embarassed. I also would like to reduce the chances of STDs, unwanted pregnancies and so on, I don't like drama.

And many more things add up to make being faithful in a relationship as easy as breathing, for me! kiss

Oh yeah, and the grace of God for good measure wink.

O.M.G, you sound 100% like my soon to be ex! What.The.What? I had to look through your profile like a million times, just to be sure it wasn't him (well he's a year younger , so, ). But you know what, the ONLY person that has said the truth in this thread is maclatunji and you! I cant recall the last time I posted on this site, but when I read this, I totally flipped, I say this to my friends EVERYDAY! I said it on Monday, on Tuesday, Wednesday, everytime the relationship talk springs up, I am quick to chip this little secret in! Its pretty simple people, look around you, in the office , in the classrooms, down the street, there's always that cool headed, shyish quiet guy, who most would be quick to tag ''mumu, ''slow'' or even ''Blaah'', most times they could be smarties and always have the brightest of prospects, but many girls are blind to these attributes and straight up go for the D''bang types so that they can put up their pix on Facebook and have all their friends quiver in envy and whatnot.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Orikinla(m): 1:02pm On May 08, 2011
YES. That is the ideal, but faithful men have been betrayed by unfaithful women and these bad women have made men to disrespect women and no longer believe women deserve the honour.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Wislet(f): 4:21pm On May 08, 2011
This thread is really cool. Learnt some interesting facts. Hmmmm. I know God wil give me that faithful man for keeps. That's why it's good to look well, and above all be prayerful. Yes, most girls luv to go after the 'happening' guys<so to say> while avoiding the seemingly 'uninteresting' ones. Though being quiet and cool/reserved does not indicate that the guy wil be faithful. It takes discipline, the grace of God and a determined mind to flee the temptation, cos some girls have become something else in de name of 'civilization'. A man can be quiet, reserved and stil make a mistake. Another can have swagga, be an extrovert and yet remain faithful. I also believe you get what you are. If u're de type that dont sleep around, keep yourself, respect ur body(even if u've made mistakes before) and seek God's face on your life partner, HE WILL give u wat u deserve. I know i'll have de best. I miss him wherever he is now. My personal pesin! U're takin long joo. Patiently waiting. Hehehehe, Happy sunday people.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Wislet(f): 4:25pm On May 08, 2011
Orikinla:

YES. That is the ideal, but faithful men have been betrayed by unfaithful women and these bad women have made men to disrespect women and no longer believe women deserve the honour.
My dear, God fearing women deserve the honour. Why dont u reserve it for them? Dont give up easy.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 08, 2011
it pretty difficult.temtation flies everywhere.only God. angry
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Qprince: 9:28pm On May 08, 2011
Is possible, just marry the right person
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by lastpage: 12:05am On May 09, 2011
There is this lady that came visiting Nigeria, a few weeks ago. She narrated her story to us.

She said she had "trouble" in her marriage while living with her husband, in Ireland.
Eventually, her Pastor prayed for her and the "revelation" came that her husband was a "clog in her wheel to making Heaven".
The man is not a "church goer", does not pay his Tithe and does not even volunteer in church activities! angry

To cut long story short, since she was keen on making heaven, she quickly dumped her husband (and you cant fault the revelation of her Pastor, can you?). She says she now works at the Red**m Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. (fill the gap urself grin )

The funny thing (if l can call it that?) is that as an ordained Deaconess now, she laments that almost All the Pastors and Ministers working with her at the Headquarters, wants to "screw her" right now! shocked shocked
She says this is making her very uncomfortable and mad.
She thinks she been led down by those she trusted.

Why did l bring up this story?
I was shocked when she narrating and it reminds me that "faithfulness" can be found not in the "expected places" but in places and those we least expect.
Think about this for a while. Think about those "men" who have given us "a chip" of their faithfulness on this thread.

Yes, its very possible to be faithful to your spouse.
Like some said (and we can glean this from those "confessions"wink, YOU NEED A REASON/PURPOSE TO KEEP REMAINING FAITHFUL, in this debased and depraved world.
It could be because of your spouse, your experience in life, your spirituality and "respect" for God (NB: I did not say fear, l would rather respect God than fear him! Afterall, no one "fears" a father they love and who loves them wink ), and a host of other reasons.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by luckyme9(f): 1:53am On May 09, 2011
I agree with QPrince, it is very possible. As a woman, you'll know when you have the right man, that's the first step.
Now keeping him faithful is another job of yours, this doesn't work in all cases but it does in most. Give him all you got
You be faithful, respectful, loving, submissive and all. Now, let's break it down, don't keep secretes from your man, don't
copy what your friends do, don't do partial cheating, dont wonder your mind and thoughts. Respect him as the head of the
family or your relationship, let him feel it.Be a little old school with that, if you all know what I'm talking about.
LOVE YOUR PARTNER WITH ALL YOU GOT, Food and Sex is the first two things your man should not lack. Even if he doesn't bring
any money home. Submit yourself to him, afterall you should trust him enough to sleep with him, to be continued
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by HighChief4(m): 12:28pm On May 09, 2011
^^^Pls are you married?
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by Aku1(m): 3:44pm On May 09, 2011
A man in his physical self lacks the ability to remain faithful to his partner no matter how much he tries. The being desires pleasure of all sorts as the mind can conceive. Man is of a promiscuous nature and so covets the act of sex with multiple partners. This is not a change of the way things have always been but a continuation thereof. The days of old as stated in the bible is not free of such lifestyle.
Like i always tell ladies, LOVE or MARRIAGE does not make a man faithful rather his resolve due to a rock solid relationship with our heavenly father. Any man that thinks he can be faithful without the God factor is living in an unreal world and is filled with fallacy of the highest order. Pls tell me how in this time and age a man can contain himself so well as to maintain sexual relations with only one partner. That may be possible if the man is in a state of total unrest and extreme difficulty due to life's hardship and challenges. In that case his faithfulness is situational but fill his pockets with some quid and he would be the expected in that regard.
In summary,it is possible for a many to be faithful to his partner if he is closely associated with God and has resolved fully in his heart to be so natured.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by ePleasure: 3:48pm On May 09, 2011
Yes it's absolutely possible. However try to spice up your sex life with your man with

Games, Vibrators, Dildos, Penis enlarger, clitoral stimulator, and lot more

To also avoid premature ejuculayiom and weak erection with herbs and pills from US

Call 08059346640
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by LongOne1(m): 4:02pm On May 09, 2011
It is definitely difficult, but I believe with Faith, it is possible and will try to when the time comes.

I know some of my Dad's escapades, he felt he was too sharp and kept on playing till he ended up producing an extra child. Now that he is older and supposed to be relaxing, he still runs about looking haggard and stressed. I am 100% sure I don't want to go down the same way he did. Afterall what's the point? To feed your ego?

Lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, pride of life, many men have fallen because of these three things.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by chines4(m): 6:28pm On May 09, 2011
Please I will like anybody responding to state if he/she is married or single
Re: Is It Possible For A Man To Stay Faithful To One Woman Forever? by luckyme9(f): 6:51pm On May 09, 2011
Yes, I'm married

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Girl I Am Trying To Date Is Fickle-Minded! Please Help / The 'Girlfriend Question' My Cousin's Wife Keeps Asking Me / Man Impregnates A Young Girl, Then Denies Responsibility (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.