Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? (4826 Views)

Sign To Know If You Are More Than Friends Or Just Friends / Signs He Wants To Be More Than Friends / 6 Signs She Wants To Be More Than Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by nurabela: 10:58pm On May 04, 2011
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by Pweety4me(f): 11:11pm On May 04, 2011
Because they don't give a damn about ur business?
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by HighChief4(m): 12:13am On May 05, 2011
FYI i confide in my friends and not strangers
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by xxcarolxx(f): 12:18am On May 05, 2011
For me i confide in friends only, But there are some people who will confide in strangers,
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by BloodShed1: 12:23am On May 05, 2011
Those "friends" you don't confide in are NOT your friends if you find it easier to confide in strangers.
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by ShyOne(f): 12:31am On May 05, 2011
There are times when friends actually look and act like Frenemies

Envy can turn a friend into a weird companion and strangers can actually be alot more hands-off and see topics from the outside looking in and can be more objective than friends.

Friends- in their quest to assist out of love and concern can actually be too loving and too nosey and too hands-on to the point that they can ruin occasions, plans, projects, etc - unintentionally and intentionally.

My guy has many friends - I choose to run solo alot - with 1-2 people that I turn to and/or rely on.  I love running things by educated strangers, professionals, researchers who know me not - as the responses are varied/optional and affect the results/outcome more favorably (more times than not).

Out of fear for your so-called welfare and best interest - Friends and family can cloud issues and areas most times and spread your business amongst themselves and others (people you don't know) like bush fire and faster than locust.  I hate saying that because I love them dearly but it is true and sometimes the truth is ugly.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by Nobody: 12:39am On May 05, 2011
Why would a sane person confide in stranger? What would he/she try to achieve by doing that?
Personally, I would rather confide in a friend because I believe that the known devil, is better than the unknown angel.
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by xxcarolxx(f): 12:45am On May 05, 2011
J12:

Why would a sane person confide in stranger?
Maybe they feel they can tell a stranger anything, knowing they will not see that person again, Had one person sit beside me on a train, and before i got off that train i had her whole life story,
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by Nobody: 1:14am On May 05, 2011
You're right. I just remembered the movies Titanic, and Forrest Gump.
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by iice(f): 3:57am On May 05, 2011
Only in friends and especially my brothers.
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by Iyineda(m): 2:46pm On May 05, 2011
High_Chief:

FYI i confide in my friends and not strangers

This man speaks the truth.

How on Earth can you confide anything meaningful in stranger. Really, OP? Really? lol
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by nmdbs239(m): 4:46am On May 06, 2011
You would confide in strangers before friends because you are not married. Otherwise, it is in your spouse that you should be confiding in the most.
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by UncleJJ(m): 6:04am On May 06, 2011
In reality, all you want is someone to listen to you blabber - even bout the most trivial things.

Its one of the reasons fools fall in love : "an ear to bend".

Ignoring the fact that when you tell a stranger secrets bout your life it's called intimacy.

You confide in strangers cos they just listen, and when they give advice it's easier to accept because you know nothing bout them.

You think they are perfect - wink
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by MrsChima(f): 7:32am On May 06, 2011
nurabela:

You need your arse severely whooped. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by MrsChima(f): 7:36am On May 06, 2011
We need to distinguish the difference between friends and associates. It is easy to say out loud that someone you gets along with is your friend but a friend is not an associate. A friend is almost like a family member without having to go through an adoption process. An associate is someone that you talk to and cordial with but doesn't see them as your family member. Once you understand what type of company you are keeping then you can tell which are friends and associates.

You should be able to confide in your friends some secrets and some general know it alls. Howeverk if you are that much comfortable confiding in a stranger then you really do not have any friends. Naturally you will seek someone you trust the most for advices or just to vent then if there is not a person you trust then you will take whatever comes your way.

It is not about what easier it is about who you trust the most, your friend or a complete stranger.
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by harakiri(m): 8:26am On May 06, 2011
Depends on what the word "friends" means to you. Most of my "friends" are actually associates/business partners and are generally WAY OLDER than myself. . .so if at some point i need advice,i know i'm getting it from people more experienced than i am. Guys my age are basically drinking buddies and "goodtime charlies". Strangers are the best confidants sometimes especially when they have no vested interest or anything to gain from you. They can lay out the cold facts your "friends" might feel hesistant to tell you. On several occasions, i've discussed sensitive issues with TOTAL strangers (some of whom are close associates today). Friends talk and expose secrets. Strangers have nothing to gain from doing so. . .but it's best to be watchful sha ooo! Nuff said!
Re: Why Is It Easier To Confide In Strangers Than Friends? by Tohat(m): 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
All I can say about this is that satanic thinking make some one not to be stronger to your friends than a stranger.
Let's remove it out of our mind

(1) (Reply)

And / What A Wierd Question From Guys / Advice Please: My Boyfriend Is Angry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.