₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,914,935 members, 3,924,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 November 2017 at 01:54 AM

Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? (43480 Views)

Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? / Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / Love Or Submission...which Should Come First In Marriage? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Nobody: 10:06am On May 16, 2011
The girl don do the wedding finish, una dey here dey argue about IV! undecided undecided
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by princejoh(m): 10:32am On May 16, 2011
@_ujujoan, ok thanks no wahalo''''',
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by babyme1(f): 12:08pm On May 16, 2011
Ujujoan:

The girl don do the wedding finish, una dey here dey argue about IV! undecided undecided
Uju i never do am yet o. How you dey na? wink
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Busybody2(f): 1:05pm On May 16, 2011
Ujujoan:

For wia, I have still not received my invite from baby.me in the mail angry angry angry

baby.me:

Phew, thank God, that Uju nearly gave me heart attack tongue
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by babyme1(f): 4:51pm On May 16, 2011
BB you don't need a card now when u are in the planning committee cool
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Busybody2(f): 7:48pm On May 16, 2011
baby.me:

BB you don't need a card now when u are in the planning committee cool

I am sure you meant high table committee tongue Much love babes kiss

Here's what i found earlier;

Outside of the traditional, formal "Mr. & Mrs. John Doe", the wife's name is ALWAYS first when using first names: "Jane and John Doe". In social importance, the woman is always first, then males, then children.
Crane's Blue Book of Social Stationery, Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior , and Crane's Wedding Blue Book all verify this longstanding etiquette rule.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_do_you_list_first_husband_or_wife's_first_name_when_addressing_informally_to_a_married_couple#ixzz1MRqvNDcp
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Ndipe(m): 9:17pm On May 16, 2011
Busy_body:

I am sure you meant high table committee tongue Much love babes kiss

Here's what i found earlier;

Outside of the traditional, formal "Mr. & Mrs. John Doe", the wife's name is ALWAYS first when using first names: "Jane and John Doe". In social importance, the woman is always first, then males, then children.
Crane's Blue Book of Social Stationery, Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior , and Crane's Wedding Blue Book all verify this longstanding etiquette rule.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_do_you_list_first_husband_or_wife's_first_name_when_addressing_informally_to_a_married_couple#ixzz1MRqvNDcp

And who gave this people the right to dictate what constitutes the right or wrong manner to address a wedding card?
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Busybody2(f): 9:30pm On May 16, 2011
^^^

Etiquette/Good manner/Good breeding/Working Moral compass/Politeness/Considerate Person/etc
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Busybody2(f): 9:42pm On May 16, 2011
^^^

Also it is the mark of a gentleman. Etiquette is also employed to safeguard against conflict in social interactions, e.g. OP's wedding.
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Ndipe(m): 10:02pm On May 16, 2011
Like someone in the interior part of a Nigerian village would give a hoot about etiquette from a stranger?
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Busybody2(f): 11:13pm On May 16, 2011
^^^

Awww common Ndipe, ain't nothing wrong in being a gentleman and treating us tenderly as the weaker sex we are though grin
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by babyme1(f): 9:00am On May 17, 2011
BB is that you in your profile? Bootilicious beauty kiss

As regards the topic, he has given it a rest. The card will be out like a month before the day. Who knows, he may not even remember the issue again bc it was like an obsession when we started talking about it and he doesn't even mention it again.

Howbeit, whatever he want he will get it. I have so many things to attend to than fight over whose name should come first on a paper that usually ends in the trash a day after/before the wedding.
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Nobody: 11:56am On May 17, 2011
baby.me:

I dey fine oh . . I've been at your end (Akwa Ibom) since last week. I'm almost crying leaving here today . . . it's soo lovely! kiss kiss
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Nobody: 11:58am On May 17, 2011
baby.me:

As regards the topic, he has given it a rest. The card will be out like a month before the day. Who knows, he may not even remember the issue again bc it was like an obsession when we started talking about it and he doesn't even mention it again.

Howbeit, whatever he want he will get it. I have so many things to attend to than fight over whose name should come first on a paper that usually ends in the trash a day after/before the wedding.

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by babyme1(f): 1:06pm On May 17, 2011
Ujujoan:

I dey fine oh . . I've been at your end (Akwa Ibom) since last week. I'm almost crying leaving here today . . . it's soo lovely! kiss kiss

Say what?!! And you didn't care to contact me so we can meet! That's so not fair!
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 17, 2011
baby.me:

Say what?!! And you didn't care to contact me so we can meet! That's so not fair!

I'm soo sorry honey. I was tied down with series of meeting and that Le Meridian is sooo out of town. I only came out to the main town on Sunday and even that was just for a few hours.

I should be back again soon, I'll definitly let you know before coming. kiss kiss cool
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by babyme1(f): 2:46pm On May 17, 2011
I understand if u were at the 5Star,it's far kinda. Eh, so u've been enjoying my town all this time. Hope u were treated to better Calabar food and not some foreign stuffs cool.

Anyways, i will be expecting you next time u come around so i can buy you dog meat and palmie prepare edikang ikong for you cheesy
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Nobody: 11:05am On May 19, 2011
^^^ Lol!

I'll definitely contact you next time wink cheesy
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Busybody2(f): 3:02am On May 22, 2011
baby.me:

Awww, thats the spirit girl, wish you happy ever after forever and ever wink
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by dayokanu(m): 11:25am On May 22, 2011
^^ Hey my Tomato Jos
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by denny4ril: 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2011
cheesy u make me laugh but it is the wife's name anyway but wait, if it is the husband's wife, will u reprint the iv and or recall the ones distributed
already? lol!
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by shumno(f): 11:06am On Oct 27, 2011
I think it is the rule, as in ladies first.
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by QEFRAN6: 9:50am On Nov 19, 2012
baby.me:
Abby thanks, i'll ask others to reason with him. I hope he agrees, he's one stubborn guy cry

Mydear get his best friend whom he trusts and respect to talk to him,if he still insist,agree wt him to print new cards wt his name first and let him distribute dose ones while u distribute d former ones.wish u all d best
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by Enoyoh: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
We deviated from the regular ways of doing stuff while preparing for our wedding, though not my ideas. i insisted on the norms but my hubby asked who made it mandatory for things to be done that way; the wedding program did not contain names of bridal train, and lots of other stuff, it was ok. we are happily married.

dont allow anything distract you, be wise.
Re: Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? by honourlaja(m): 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
babyme1:
Now this is almost ruining things for me. My man has this weird idea that it's the man that weds the woman and not the other way round, that the idea of putting the woman's name first on the invitation card is a mistake from wherever.

I've checked all the cards in my possession and it's always the woman wedding the man. He has put his legs down that there will be no card if we don't correct that mistake and put his name first sad. I on the other side don't think this is correct undecided.

Please i need your useful contributions before i ruin my perfect plans embarassed

It's a man dat weds d woman in Nigeria, but in India a woman marries d man......

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. / I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? / My Wife Misbehaves Because I Cheated On Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.