Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria (2233 Views)

Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) / Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport / Fg's Reduction Of British Airways Flights To Nigeria Generates Ripples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by EvilSlayer(m): 2:40am On Feb 10, 2006
I'm planning a trip to Nigeria in the next couple of months, it's been a while for me. I'm just wondering what you guys do on the long flight to keep you from being so bored. My mom thinks I should get a whole bunch of novels to read, I hate reading novels, it's gay. I would love to take my protable DVD player and watch movies, but how on earth to you recharge the batteries.I'm desperate folks
Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 3:08am On Feb 10, 2006
What company are you planning on flying with? There are movies in the plane now.. WHat more do you need apart from movies and food?

have you never been in a plane? You dont need to go with your own DVD player, they show good movies in the plane. New ones too.

1 Like

Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by EvilSlayer(m): 3:44am On Feb 10, 2006
@ Hot Angel.

I fly alot between US and Vancover Canada, my job requires me to do that, I don't know when last you was on an international fight, but inflight movies suck ass and the lady sitting in front of you is always this 6 feet 300 pounds person that blocks the whole 24 inch screen. That's why I would like to have my own portable DVD player. I just wish any one knows how I can recharge the batteries in Asterdam which is my transfer point.

1 Like

Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by yummy(m): 4:19am On Feb 10, 2006
are you sure u've been on a plan before? what do you mean someone blocking you to watch? or is that how US plans are? One TV for all?

1 Like

Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by EvilSlayer(m): 4:43am On Feb 10, 2006
yummy:

are you sure u've been on a plan before? what do you mean someone blocking you to watch? or is that how US plans are? One TV for all?

Oh no dude I've never been on an airplane, I just walk from Dallas to Canada every month. And the last time I was in Nigeria, I rode a camel through the Sahara desert. Pls don't insult me dude. If you don't know the answer to a question on a thread, you don't have to post your dumb ass comments, you may just make your self look so foolish.

And please I'm not interested in you conversecity.com, so you can shove it up where the sun don't shine.

1 Like

Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 5:26am On Feb 10, 2006
EvilSlayer... that's soo mean hun.
But the first part was soo funny.. cheesy

But seriously, it's one TV for each person on a Plane. The Tv is at the back of the seat in front of you. Your head phone is yours.. and you don't have to share with anybody. You can even on and off your own light. smiley

1 Like

Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by EvilSlayer(m): 5:40am On Feb 10, 2006
Didn't mean to to mean dear, it just seemed like that dude was trying to insult me or something. But any ways not all airlines have the flat screen TV on the head rest I'm flying United and Lufthansa air hopefully the TV'S on the head rest in Economy.
Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 5:45am On Feb 10, 2006
Dont fly that kinda air then. Get a better plan. smiley
Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by EvilSlayer(m): 5:51am On Feb 10, 2006
Honey I'm just a cheap guy I'll fly anything that would get me to Nigeria in one piece and under $1500. Times are hard my sister. I'll fly Big Bird from Sesame Street if I have to. It's Nigeria or burst. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by yummy(m): 5:53am On Feb 10, 2006
Is it as serious as that? Lol... Can't I ask since I didn't get the type of plane u were talkin about. Anyways, the link I sent to you has nothing to do with this, you don't have to join.

@ Hot A

yeah funny indeed

1 Like

Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 3:20am On Feb 12, 2006
hmmmm i alwayz use KLM when going 2 9ja and as HOTANGEL said. t.v is alwayz at da back of da person sitting infront of u so u have da screen 2 urself, earphones and remote, u can even watch FRIENDS etc dere, u can still go with ur portable dvd but don't think they allow dat on da plane cuz they alwayz require everything 2 be off including laptops and cellphones, da dvd portable will be useful 2 u if u r waiting 2 get on da next plane 2 9ja which 4 da flight u r using, i think itz just 2 hrs compare 2 KLM OR BRISTISH AIRWAYZ, I normally use ma ipod etc just 4 da stop ova though and u can recharge ur battery if u have ur equipments with u, like in Amsterdam, they have a cafe where ppl pay 2 use da pcs or even sum ppl use their laptops and all, save journey and can't wait 2 get dere diz xmas tongue
Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by EvilSlayer(m): 4:07am On Feb 12, 2006
Thanks Hotstepper you way nice.I've never flown KLM I wonder how good their services are.The last time my parents and I went to Nigeria, we used British Airways.wow, you going to Nigeria for Xmas I bet you just can't wait.
Re: Charging DVD Player Batteries During Long Flights To Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 5:16am On Feb 12, 2006
no probs, their services r excellent, ma only problem with dem is dat u gat 2 wait for like 8 hrz so diz year, am gonna go with Bristish Airwayz and stay 5 hrs in london or minght even sleep ova dere for 2 dayz and den head 2 9ja, ma dear, yea ohhhh, am counting da months now, lol, da country dey sweet me, enjoy yaself and get me suya tongue

(1) (Reply)

Uk visa delayed response:What do i do? / Links To Death! Benue Links Buses Turn Moving Coffins (photos) / Traveler / Non Traveler Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.