Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? (4583 Views)

When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School / My Boyfriend Must Marry Me! / Warning Signs That Your Girl Doesn't Love You Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by charity00: 5:21pm On May 06, 2011
  "If a girl asks you for a smartphone and you don't buy it, you're inviting the girlfriend to cheat. That's the Nigerian way"

Yep those were actually the words that came out of naija girl's mouth.

"The boyfriend takes care of the needs of the girlfriend; that's how it's done here"

Really? Doesn't anybody out here think that is a legitimate thing for a girl to say if she really cares about a guy? Especially when you consider the so called "Girlfriend" has been home from school for two weeks, yet spends only two days with boyfriend and yet boyfriend is expected to buy smartphone for girlfriend who is going to travel again for four months?

You know you had only two weeks at home, you know you're going away for four months, yet because you spent two days with boyfriend he should drop 60,000 naira on a smartphone so she can "do her email and stuff" while she's away?

If that's really "the Nigerian way" for the guy to do that, then what is "the Nigerian way" for the girl to behave in return? Show up twice in two weeks and blame it on the father because "I"m still under my dad's roof"

And yet, when the guy calls her bluff and says he wants to show he's serious by meeting the family the girl refuses saying "You don't understand; these things take time in Nigeria."

Really? You can't meet the father after 7 months? One would think if an adult daughter is pushing 30 years old, the dad would LOVE to meet a potential suitor. Is that not the case?

Can anybody please convince this guy (boyfried) that no girl who really cares about a guy would say and act in this way?

What would you advise the guy to say when she trots out the "it's the Nigerian way" line?
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by obowunmi(m): 5:25pm On May 06, 2011
Tell the foolish girl to go to her parents and throw her tantrum with them.
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by BABE3: 5:26pm On May 06, 2011
First of all, it's not a Nigerian way!!!!!!!

It's a broke-a$$, village girl, needy and greedy, covetous way!!!

Tell her I said that! wink
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by agabaI23(m): 5:30pm On May 06, 2011
BABE!:

First of all, it's not a Nigerian way!!!!!!!

It's a broke-a$$, village girl, needy and greedy, covetous way!!!

Tell her I said that! wink
Probably not a broke a$$ but a greedy girl.

Again, the guy should know he has no future with the girl whatsoever. She has many other people she milks
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by BABE3: 5:32pm On May 06, 2011
agabaI23:

Probably not a broke backside but a greedy girl.

Again, the guy should know he has no future with the girl whatsoever. She has many other people she milks

Mr. 1,2,3 why do you say she ain't broke---?
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by agabaI23(m): 5:36pm On May 06, 2011
BABE!:

Mr. 1,2,3 why do you say she ain't broke---?

No I said probably. I did not rule that out but she may as well be a grabber.
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by BABE3: 5:37pm On May 06, 2011
^^ True! In this case, b1tch is broke!  smiley
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by kokoye(m): 5:38pm On May 06, 2011
It's not only broke babes that ask men to take care of them.

I know a lot of ladies from VERY wealthy families that expect their men to buy them first class plane tickets and shop on Champs-Élysées in Paris.

They will quickly tell you that is the kinda lifestyle they were raised with by their parents and will not settle for anything less. Some of these ladies have been told by their parents (mothers especially) that a man that cannot (is not not willing to) carry their whatever-it-is load 100% is not meant for them.

sad

1 Like

Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by 190: 5:39pm On May 06, 2011
Money Phone for hand, BACK for ground!

I remember when BABE asked me to buy her a condom, I shoved it back in her face  angry
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by obowunmi(m): 5:41pm On May 06, 2011
190 ^^^ is that you ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by BABE3: 5:42pm On May 06, 2011
190:

Money Phone for hand, BACK for ground!

I remember when BABE asked me to buy her a condom, I shoved it back in her face  angry

**smh* mschewww-- angry
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by BABE3: 5:48pm On May 06, 2011
kokoye:

It's not only broke babes that ask men to take care of them.

I know a lot of ladies from VERY wealthy families that expect their men to buy them first class plane tickets and shop on Champs-Élysées in Paris.

They will quickly tell you that is the kinda lifestyle they were raised with by their parents and will not settle for anything less. Some of these ladies have been told by their parents (mothers especially) that a man that cannot (is not not willing to) carry their whatever-it-is load 100% is not meant for them.

sad

To me--the guyz that still stick around with those kinds of babes (and know quite well that they can't handle them) get timeeeeee to wasssssstttteeeee---(maybe the sex is wonderful though undecided)

Anyways, if they want all the 5-star treatments/things in life, they should go back to their parents and milk them--not suck an innocent BOYFREIND dry of his life-savings.

And for God's sake, he's still a boyfriend not a husband. He's duties are not to be buying blackburries and Jimmy Choos yet-- undecided
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by 190: 5:50pm On May 06, 2011
obowunmi:

190 ^^^ is that you ? shocked shocked shocked

yes its me, wetin happen,

I thief fowl angry

BABE!:

**smh* mschewww-- angry

Hi babe, how are u, Hows you (r) [size=5pt]punny [/size]today angry
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by kokoye(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2011
BABE!:

To me--the guyz that still stick around with those kinds of babes (and know quite well that they can't handle them) get timeeeeee to wasssssstttteeeee---(maybe the sex is wonderful though undecided)

Anyways, if they want all the 5-star treatments/things in life, they should go back to their parents and milk them--not suck an innocent BOYFREIND dry of his life-savings.

And for God's sake, he's still a boyfriend not a husband. He's duties are not to be buying blackburries and Jimmy Choos yet-- undecided

Yup. . . there a lots of men willing to carry loads like that.

Some men feel it is a test of their manhood to rise to such challenges.

Some men's egos yea? dumb
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by agabaI23(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2011
BABE!:

^^ True! In this case, b1tch is broke!  smiley
You can go ahead with that, I just wanted let you know there is a probability she is not.
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by BABE3: 5:55pm On May 06, 2011
kokoye:

Yup. . . there a lots of men willing to carry loads like that.

Some men feel it is a test of their manhood to rise to such challenges.

Some men's egos yea? dumb

**smh*** Test of manhood or test of stupidity? chei!

There's more to life than spending on a girl-- alot more--
smiley

agabaI23:

You can go ahead with that, I just wanted let you know there is a probability she is not.

Aight doll! wink
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by kokoye(m): 5:57pm On May 06, 2011
BABE!:

**smh*** Test of manhood or test of stupidity? chei!

There's more to life than spending on a girl-- alot more--
smiley

Stupidity is in this world to stay . . .it aint going nowhere sweetie. cheesy
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by BABE3: 5:59pm On May 06, 2011
^^ Touche! wink
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by Konjour(m): 7:28pm On May 06, 2011
Hmmm, Guess imma buy her a dull-phone instead. wink
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 06, 2011
All I can say is, I pity the poor deranged soul who, because they have a v@gina, feel that I [b]must [/b]buy them one thing or the other.
First of all, in this day and age of "equal opportunity", I don't have much respect for a young woman that isn't making her own paper. Just means that, having no further excuses like "women aren't allowed to work/vote/etc", these group are just lazy (in this part of the world anyway).

If the gifts come (and they will come if I know myself =) ), be happy and don't start asking for other specific shit.
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by deniyor: 8:25pm On May 06, 2011
;d
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by iv4real(f): 12:42am On May 07, 2011
Since the men want the girls to act as wifes cook, clean, wash , sleep with them, go to market. Then they should also act as husbands take care of the girls needs. I am not an advocator for girls that demand( ask or beg) for unneccasry things from men ,i feel its your parents responsibility to take care of you.
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by Phate07(m): 7:24am On May 07, 2011

If you have the dough, buy the phone for her.

If you dont have it, then dont buy it.
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by Nobody: 11:59am On May 07, 2011
And yet they'll have the temerity to tell you that 'men and women are equal'. In other words, they'll question you for cheating, and tell you that they also have the equal right to do so. They'll also say that submissiveness is outdated in this age of gender equality. Yet I've NEVER seen a boyfriend/husband question a girflfriend/wife's love for him because she is incapable or unwilling to buy him one thing or the other, or give him so so amount of money. Isn't something wrong somewhere?

And like Kokoye said, this has nothing to do with how poor the girl is. Even rich girls and working class girls in Nigeria prefer to keep their own money to themselves and have the men in their lives spend on them and fund their 'high-maintenance' bullshyt. And yet they dare talk equality?

White women, yes. To a large extent they have evolved beyond such primitive dependence on men. . .and are therefore entitled to equality in their relationships. But seriously, when I'm dating/forking or married to any of these typical Nigerian babes, I expect nothing less than total subservience. When I say jump, she should only ask: how high? As long as you've turned me into a pay-master, then I should dictate the tune and have you comply without hesitation. So after buying you that Blackberry Torch, I should order you to use your lipsticked lips to pick hair-strands clean from my balls. . .and swallow every bit; and then open that filthy mouth of yours for me to poo inside. Biaatch.
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by fizzybaba(m): 5:17pm On May 13, 2011
pro01:

And yet they'll have the temerity to tell you that 'men and women are equal'. In other words, they'll question you for cheating, and tell you that they also have the equal right to do so. They'll also say that submissiveness is outdated in this age of gender equality. Yet I've NEVER seen a boyfriend/husband question a girflfriend/wife's love for him because she is incapable or unwilling to buy him one thing or the other, or give him so so amount of money. Isn't something wrong somewhere?

And like Kokoye said, this has nothing to do with how poor the girl is. Even rich girls and working class girls in Nigeria prefer to keep their own money to themselves and have the men in their lives spend on them and fund their 'high-maintenance' bullshyt. And yet they dare talk equality?

White women, yes. To a large extent they have evolved beyond such primitive dependence on men. . .and are therefore entitled to equality in their relationships. But seriously, when I'm dating/forking or married to any of these typical Nigerian babes, I expect nothing less than total subservience. When I say jump, she should only ask: how high? As long as you've turned me into a pay-master, then I should dictate the tune and have you comply without hesitation. So after buying you that Blackberry Torch, I should order you to use your lipsticked lips to pick hair-strands clean from my balls. . .and swallow every bit; and then open that filthy mouth of yours for me to poo inside. Biaatch.

Dude, u almost got me sacked for laughing unculturedly in the office

Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by sexylogan(m): 5:41pm On May 13, 2011
iv4real:

Since the men want the girls to act as wifes cook, clean, wash , sleep with them, go to market. Then they should also act as husbands take care of the girls needs. I am not an advocator for girls that demand( ask or beg) for unneccasry things from men ,i feel its your parents responsibility to take care of you.

I agree.
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 13, 2011
@ pro01
abeg, chop knuckles!!!!

@iv4real
there is a huge difference between buying your WIFE a smart phone and buying some girl you "supposedly" love a phone to PROVE that you love her. what happened to care, respect, honesty etc  in all this?!
in the real world, walking your wifey down the aisle IS the proof of love, no need for any other. if the animal you dating wants a smart phone to prove that you love her then you DEFINITELY dating the wrong girl!

i dont blame these cockroaches, i blame the men that would desperately lower themselves and BUY these animals the smart phone they demand.
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by iice(f): 6:33am On May 14, 2011
I should try that tactic. . .I'll be laughed and hauled off to a loony bin, in the end.
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by Zahnda(f): 7:37am On May 14, 2011
Ok, lemme get this straight: A girl holds on to her virginity (intimacy) until after the guy marries her. Cool, I respect that. A man, upon marrying a girl is expected to pay through his nostrils to keep her. Money - intimacy. Isn't there a name for this kind of transaction? Are these women incapable of making their own money?
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by horny4u(f): 8:32am On May 14, 2011
If she is under her father roof then her father buys the BB.
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by Babypinkyz(f): 11:44am On May 14, 2011
Different mentality
Re: Boyfriend Must Buy Girlfriend A Smartphone Or He Doesn't Love Her? by 190: 12:17pm On May 14, 2011
pro01:

[size=28pt]GBAMMEEEEEEED!!! grin grin[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Over-excited Newly Wedded Husband Grabs Wife's Bum In Wedding Picture / Another Miss Cucumber Spoted On Facebook photos+videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.