Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,435 members, 7,781,272 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:34 AM

Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? (29397 Views)

OPAY Users Please How Did You Resolve This Issue / Please Help, How Can I Resolve This Query From CAC / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by tunbosun002(f): 7:52am On Jun 23, 2021
Does Anyone Know How I Can Resolve This Issue?

Good morning nairalanders,

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by JONSYN7154: 8:21am On Jun 23, 2021
Write to EFCC and copy the filling station tell them how the filling station is defrauding you. Attach the mail your bank sent to you.

When the manager of that filling station see it he'll call you to come and collect your money.

272 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by psucc(m): 8:35am On Jun 23, 2021
Some managers lack conflict management skills. Now something that he can sort out with little cash, if at all, his arrogance will make the company spend more and he may lose his job when the chips are down.

Give him another chance! Try to tell him to check their books and make reconciliations with a view to refunding your money. Also, remind him that you will involve the EFCC should he fails to look into the problem.

Where he still stick to his gun, then report to the EFCC, by then his eye will be wide open.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by ATTAHDYE(m): 8:40am On Jun 23, 2021
What you needed to do initially was fill a dispense error form since you have the declined POS reciept with you so the bank will simply reverse the money to your account.

Your best bet is to ask the bank to reverse the money.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by tunbosun002(f): 8:43am On Jun 23, 2021
JONSYN7154:
Write to EFCC and copy the filling station tell them how the filling station is defrauding you. Attach the mail your bank sent to you.

When the manager of that filling station see it he'll call you to come and collect your money.

Thanks for your response, I will do this.

13 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by tunbosun002(f): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2021
psucc:
Some managers lack conflict management skills. Now something that he can sort out with little cash, if at all, his arrogance will make the company spend more and he may lose his job when the chips are down.

Give him another chance! Try to tell him to check their books and make reconciliations with a view to refunding your money. Also, remind him that you will involve the EFCC should he fails to look into the problem.

Thank you for your response, I will definitely do this.
Where he still stick to his gun, then report to the EFCC, by then his eye will be wide open.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by tunbosun002(f): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2021
ATTAHDYE:
What you needed to do initially was fill a dispense error form since you have the declined POS reciept with you so the bank will simply reverse the money to your account.

Your best bet is to ask the bank to reverse the money.

My bank said the money cannot be reversed since mobil’s account was credited.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by JONSYN7154: 8:47am On Jun 23, 2021
tunbosun002:

You're welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by tunbosun002(f): 9:06am On Jun 23, 2021
The supposed manager is no longer picking my calls so I feel there is something shady about the transaction. I don’t know how difficult it can be to check your records if you received money or not. Please I need help from bankers in the house and advise from nairalanders.

5 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Adebaba1(m): 9:14am On Jun 23, 2021
Go to the station with a mad person or a security personnel and cause drama, that manager is mad and he needs to be dealt with

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Skyfornia(m): 10:05am On Jun 23, 2021
tunbosun002:

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

God knows I will never use my ATM card on any POS machine unless on an extremely emergency situation. I will rather go to the ATM and withdraw my money...then pay in cash or I do a transfer. Many Nigerians are fraudsters and always looking for an opportunity to defraud, outsmart or cheat another person.

OP I suggest you put more pressure on your bank since the manager is stubborn, your bank can then contact the receiver's bank and flag the account.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by frozen70(f): 1:49pm On Jun 23, 2021
tunbosun002:

I think you should go there and create a scene, drag the manager to the bank they operate with their POS and both of you will be at his bank to be sure the bank customer care will run a check and confirm the payment acknowledged by them

That's all, he wants to eat your money because he felt you are a woman and won't do anything

Display madness there and make sure that no car comes there to buy fuel during that mad moment, disgrace the operators and chase their customers away, they will cooperate bye force

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by tunbosun002(f): 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
Thank you for this response, I plan on going with a soldier to create a scene.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by wunmi590(m): 2:29pm On Jun 23, 2021

Don't be fool, the attendant and manager are working hand in hand to defraud people....

The manager might have gotten his share from the 10k you transferred to the attendant personal account....

Why would a manager say money paid into POS machine can't be traced....

Go with soldier and create whala there and also write EFCC and the first commenter said, him go fear release the money....

On a normal day, they are suppose to have a declined receipt with them as a copy to file incase of any issue like this...

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by capnies: 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
tunbosun002:
The supposed manager is no longer picking my calls so I feel there is something shady about the transaction. I don’t know how difficult it can be to check your records if you received money or not. Please I need help from bankers in the house and advise from nairalanders.

ALL THAT IS NEEDED TO PROVE WHERE THE MONEY IS, IS FOR THE MANAGER TO GO TO THEIR BANK AND GET A PRINTOUT OF THEIR ACCOUNT STATEMENT FROM THE. DAY THE TRANSACTION WAS MADE TO ABOUT A WEEK AFTER. YOUR BANK KNOWS WHEN THE MONEY WAS CREDITED TO THEIR ACCOUNT THAT RESOLVES THE ISSUE

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by drmikeadams(m): 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
tunbosun002:

Go use army pick both manager up

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by drmikeadams(m): 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
capnies:

ALL THAT IS NEEDED TO PROVE WHERE THE MONEY IS, IS FOR THE MANAGER TO GO TO THEIR BANK AND GET A PRINTOUT OF THEIR ACCOUNT STATEMENT FROM THE. DAY THE TRANSACTION WAS MADE TO ABOUT A WEEK AFTER. YOUR BANK KNOWS WHEN THE MONEY WAS CREDITED TO THEIR ACCOUNT THAT RESOLVES THE ISSUE
grin grin grin
The manager knows, but him go prefer iron hand

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Mrlola: 6:52am On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Have you shown the Manager your statement for that day as evidence that you were debited twice? Formally complain to their customer care . Involve the law of nothing happens.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Mrlola: 6:53am On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Have you shown the Manager your statement for that day as evidence that you were debited twice? Formally complain to their customer care . Involve the law if nothing happens.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Dailyparrot: 8:24am On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Thank you for this response, I plan on going with a soldier to create a scene.

Next time, don't buy diesel or anything that you intend to pay with a POS until the transaction marks successful. When the transaction fails, go to another station.

Secondly, never allow them to go out of your sight with your card. It could be that the transaction failed the first time and they tried it the second time and it was successful but they only brought the receipt of the failed transaction to you just to defraud you.

Never pay into a personal account when dealing on any business. Your bank cannot refund you because the account that you paid with POS is different from the account you made the second transaction (transfer) so there's no proof that you paid the same business twice, else people can easily get their money back after paying for goods and services.

You may end up spending more than half the money with the soldier or other extreme measures you may want to take.

The best way forward is to take the manager or any of the attendants to their bank and let the customer support print out the statement. Go with a guy this time, maybe a family member or friend that will not cost you.

Good luck!!!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Winneygirl(f): 9:22am On Jun 24, 2021
Your complaint should be to your bank.
How many times were you debited.
Print your statement for it and be clear that the amount was not reversed.
Your bank can re-open the complaint if you insist that you were debited for a failed POS purchase with evidence.
You can also apply for a funds recall from the account that you transferred to.
All those advising you to go and engage EFCC, to go and fight at the station don't know how to resolve anything.
Also note that the manager of the filling station might not be in charge of accounts, so he may not have access to check the stations bank account.

12 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by FatherCHRlSTMAS: 10:55am On Jun 24, 2021
The person that was presented as the manager is probably not the manager

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by YourCoffin: 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
Normally POS transactions are settled to the merchant's account in T+1 days. They are not settled as the transaction occur. Rather a lump sum representing several transaction can be paid to thier account which is why it is difficult for them trace it on their account statement. However, banks usually share records breaking down the individual transactions with the merchant which is what they can use to trace the transaction.

Now what to do

There are transaction numbers printed on POS receipts. I think about three of them. Most times the numbers are unique for each POS transaction. Compare the two reciepts to ensure that they are bearing the same numbers. If they are not, then you have been scammed. If they are the same then the filling station should be able to trace it on the records their bank shared with them to confirm the true status of the transaction.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by free2ryhme: 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Does Anyone Know How I Can Resolve This Issue?

Nigerians understand one language you have to be violent to be taken serious

With all this evidence and still the station mgr is forming hard man. I go with carry chain padlock his office then he will know i mean business
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by slawormiir: 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
To be sincere....me nor trust both your bank and the filing station

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by RisenJoe(m): 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Cutehector(m): 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
Fill charge back form at any branch or your bank.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by DirtyGold: 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
Wahala no dey finish undecided
After all said and done, even if you get your money back, you'll have wasted atleast half of its value while chasing it. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

May God protect us from unfortunate situations, amen!

What's tha business?

4 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by money121(m): 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by VillageBus(m): 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
The money no enter there account, the money dey with your bank. Show ur bank the receipt make dem reverse the money.
If na access bank na within 30mins dey go resolve this case for you.

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by foeedaba: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
My sister stop wasting your time, you've giving the manager enough chance. Take the proof you have that the transaction was successful to the appropriate authority EFCC or so. They will follow you to the place and compel the manager to be sincere. Ask them to deal with manager for using tempered Pos to defraud poeple.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why The Naira May Appreciate Against The Dollar This Week! / Innocent Chukwuma: GT Bank Owes Me N6 Billion - Innoson Says In Interview(Video) / Fire Guts Otukpo Market, Benue State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.