Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC (6558 Views)

Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election / Jega Inec Chairman To Resign Over Alleged Sectionalism And Favouritism / Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by humebuloe: 8:27am On May 07, 2011
[size=13pt]Buhari’s CPC sues Jega, INEC[/size]
on MAY 7, 2011 · in HEADLINES
By Clifford Ndujihe, Deputy Political Editor, Ikechukwu Nnochiri

The Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, yesterday launched a legal battle over last month’s presidential election with indication that it intends to rely heavily on evidence provided by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

The CPC whose candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, came second in the election approached the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal to compel INEC and all its Resident Electoral Commissioners, RECs, to furnish it with certain documents and material evidence that will be pivotal to the success of its petition against the result of the election.

About 400 other petitioners who contested the National Assembly, governorship and state Assembly elections have also gone to court over their defeat.

Buhari and Jega
Defendants in the CPC suit are INEC National Chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega; the presidential candidate of the PDP, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan; his running mate, Architect Namadi Sambo; the PDP; and all the Resident Electoral Commissioners for the 36 states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory, FCT.

In an ex-parte motion filed yesterday by counsel to the plaintiff, Chief Ricky Tarfa , SAN, pursuant to Sections 77(1) and 151 of the Electoral Act, 2010 (as amended), Order 26 Rule 8 of the Federal High Court Civil Procedure Rules, 2009, CPC is seeking an order directing  all the respondents  to seal all the Direct Data Capturing Machines (DDC machines), ballot papers, as well as  the ballot boxes used in the Presidential Election with a view to preserving same for Forensic test in the course of  hearing a petition  it is yet to file before the tribunal.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/buhari%E2%80%99s-cpc-sues-jega-inec/
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by efisher(m): 8:31am On May 07, 2011
They forgot to sue me for voting GEJ! They also forgot to sue all the observers of the election who declared the results acceptable.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by humebuloe: 8:35am On May 07, 2011
source is vanguard newspapers
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/buhari%E2%80%99s-cpc-sues-jega-inec/
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by yeswecan(m): 10:09am On May 07, 2011
LOL  Let me try to uncap this . .  Buhari won the election and Jega bamboozled Nigerians by declaring Goodluck the winner !! ! What a joke
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by liquid7: 10:22am On May 07, 2011
i am not even sure buhari won the election to be honest.though GEJ did rig to ensure no run off.as for international observers like usual they took them to see what they wanted them to see.
nigerians voted as usual along tribal/religious grounds and would rather have a southerner ,whose party has given a new meaning to corruption and made life miserable for millions , for another 4 years then a muslim northerner.
he should just forget it and let nigerians rip what they sow.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by OmoTier1(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2011
good they are going to use forensic experts to analyze the ballots, result sheets and other sensitive materials used for the election.

Another Osun drama is about to unfold as I perceive this legal battle will reveal so many rots in INEC and how fraudulent this last elections were.

Like I have always maintained, the elections were only free not fair and fraudulent in many regards.

Most of us are only turning our blind eyes to this present evil simply 'cos those we wanted got the nod without truly examining how credible,the process that brought about thier so called victories.

Yes, I know Rome was not built in a day but likewise if the foundations of Rome were laid using unbaked mud, surely she would have become a ruined city as of today.

With this legal case the seemingly elected president is likel to loose focus in governace as this is already manifesting itself with the so called government of national unity!

WHY SEEK A GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL UNITY IF PDP/GEJ CLAIMS ARE RIGHT THAT THEY WON MAJORITY OF THE VOTE CAST (22 million votes)IN THE LAST PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS?

Again, I repeat, it is probable that GEJ still would have won the presidential elections but that would have been the case only after a run off - which in my view would probably have given his government more credibility. Also the intrigues that would have followed the re-run would probably have helped deepen our political democractic experience as a nation.

GOD IS OUR JUDGE - NIGERIA SHALL LIVE BEYOND THIS PRESENT EVIL.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by jmaine: 1:03pm On May 07, 2011
Opposition wins , they claim it is victory for democracy. Opposition loses , they claim it was rigged . . The Nigerian politicking story so far
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by ahidjo: 1:23pm On May 07, 2011
jmaine:

Opposition wins , they claim it is victory for democracy. Opposition loses , they claim it was rigged . . The Nigerian politicking story so far
[size=14pt]Sometimes I wonder which planet people like you come from. In any truly free, fair and fraud free (Most Nigerians are used to fraud in one way or the other so it does not bother them)election, PDP or any bad party like PDP will not win elections anywhere. God's anger will still vist those that clinically perpetrated the biggest electoral fraud in history in the SS and SE. There was no way Jonathan would have won election without a run off. Yes I know some people will start their usual illogical statements like Buhari did not campaign in the south east, south south, Jonathan would still have won in these areas blah blah blah. Nigerians have proven to be a people that don't think and refuse to learn. Meanwhile governance has ground to a halt in Nigeria while the "elected" president is "chilling" in Obudu. He feels less concerned about current cost of living (the highest in the world) and the unbearable hardship in Nigeria. I do not have any sympathy whatsoever for those who were happy to vote for PDP[/size]
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by jmaine: 1:34pm On May 07, 2011
ahidjo:

Sometimes I wonder which planet people like you come from. In any truly free and fair election, PDP or any bad party like PDP will not win elections anywhere. God's anger will still vist those that clinically perpetrated the biggest electoral fraud in history in the SS and SE. There was no way Jonathan would have won election without a run off. Yes I know some people will start their usual illogical statements like Buhari did not campaign in the south east, south south, Jonathan would still have won in these areas blah blah blah. Nigerians have proven to be a people that don't think and refuse to learn. Meanwhile governance has ground to a halt in Nigeria while the "elected" president is "chilling" in Obudu. He feels less concerned about current cost of living (the highest in the world) and the unbearable hardship in Nigeria. I do not have any sympathy whatsoever for those who were happy to vote for PDP

My friend kindly shut up and move on with your frustration if you have nothing meaningful to say . . . so are you trying to tell me that the PDP does not fall into the opposition category . . . haven't you heard of PDP candidates who lost elections threatening to go to court claiming elections were fraught with malpractices ( though the PDP is trying to encourage party members who lost to accept their defeat).  Friend safe your bile and come up with something good.  what loads of nonsense . . .  those trash you put up there have already being discussed and analyzed time without number in our political terrain on the land (nairaland) . Damn !!   
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Alxmyr(m): 2:17pm On May 07, 2011
ahidjo:

[size=14pt]Sometimes I wonder which planet people like you come from. In any truly free, fair and fraud free (Most Nigerians are used to fraud in one way or the other so it does not bother them)election, PDP or any bad party like PDP will not win elections anywhere. God's anger will still vist those that clinically perpetrated the biggest electoral fraud in history in the SS and SE. There was no way Jonathan would have won election without a run off. Yes I know some people will start their usual illogical statements like Buhari did not campaign in the south east, south south, Jonathan would still have won in these areas blah blah blah. Nigerians have proven to be a people that don't think and refuse to learn. Meanwhile governance has ground to a halt in Nigeria while the "elected" president is "chilling" in Obudu. He feels less concerned about current cost of living (the highest in the world) and the unbearable hardship in Nigeria. I do not have any sympathy whatsoever for those who were happy to vote for PDP[/size]

Your frustration is telling on your reasoning.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by solajacobs(m): 6:44pm On May 07, 2011
so they will still go to law court after their linching judgement on innocent corpers, na wah o, he should be prepare to cry again.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by legba1(m): 6:47pm On May 07, 2011
didnt Buhari promised not to contest the result of this election in a law court "EVEN IF HE LOST"?
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Exponental(m): 6:49pm On May 07, 2011
Na 2day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These guys shld see from wat happened in Lagos dat pple voted for Jonathan not PDP!!!!
Anyway, Lawyers go chop na!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by soloj1(m): 7:15pm On May 07, 2011
Buhari!
Buhari!!
Buhari!!!
What exactly does he desperately want in Aso- Rock?
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by humebuloe: 7:20pm On May 07, 2011
Most times Buhari use to talk from both sides of his mouth, he said election result he will accept in good fate now he insist on going to court, what tangible achievement did he made during his military era except that the engine house of his government Idiagbon introduced WAI which was very popular then, Buhari's coming back to even contest is an afront to the psyche of Nigerians.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 07, 2011
jmaine:

This in my view is the next thing we need to tackle in Nigerian politics.

Elections can not continue to be only free and fair when the opposition wins.

It is a very childish and irrespponsible behaviour by those in opposition politics.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Vincent41(m): 7:25pm On May 07, 2011
If wishes were horses i will make de mad man buhari to turn into a SHOE MAKER
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Vincent41(m): 7:26pm On May 07, 2011
If wishes were horses i will make de mad man buhari to turn into a SHOE MAKER
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 07, 2011
I really dont understand why all the fuss about CPC not accepting the election results and going to court. We keep shouting democracy, democracy, rule of law, rule of law yet we are anti-democratic and against the rule of law in the real sense of it. CPC and indeed any other party for that matter has every right to reject any election results and go to court, abi does that stop GEJ from being sworn in on May 29, so whats the fuss about, thats the beauty of democracy and rule of law, everyone has a right to his opinion and to pursue the fulfillment of his opinion within the ambits of the law except we are just hypocritical about practicising democracy and the rule of law
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by andyanders: 7:44pm On May 07, 2011
CPC CANDIDATES ARE ALL BUNCH OF UNCIVILIZED INDIVIDUALS. LET THEM JOIN THE ELECTORATE AS DEFENDANTS. I WILL PERSONALLY SUE BUHARI FOR PRESENTING UNDERAGE AND FOR THE MURDER OF CORPERS FROM ALL PARTS OF THE SOUTHERN STATES.I WILL FILE MY PAPERS BY MONDAY AND SUE BAKARE ON SUNDAY
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by xremmy(m): 7:51pm On May 07, 2011
Everyone new the only reason a run-off could have happened was if the southwest voted for Ribadu. But the opposite happened, so the CPC logic of them rigged out is as flawed as their ideaology.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by ufumes(m): 8:07pm On May 07, 2011
Lets watch and see how this legal battle would turn out.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by hercules07: 8:11pm On May 07, 2011
These PDP guys on Nairaland are the most ungracious set I have ever seen, it is within the right of CPC to go to court, it is a process of deepening our democracy, PDP are going to court in Ogun state and some other states, it is their right, let them go challenge their loss in the court of law. A man has towed the legal way of getting justice three times yet he is being lambasted by people on here, no wahala, Nigerians have sown the wind by voting PDP, they will reap the PDP whirlwind.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by muami(m): 8:29pm On May 07, 2011
jmaine:

You said it all! I have nothing to add
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Odunnu: 8:35pm On May 07, 2011
I dey laff o!
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 07, 2011
I thought he said he wasnt going to contest the election result. I am not a GEJ supporter but i must confess the election that brought him to power was free and very fair. Buhari is just a frustrated man.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Odunnu: 8:47pm On May 07, 2011
ahidjo:

[size=14pt]Sometimes I wonder which planet people like you come from. In any truly free, fair and fraud free (Most Nigerians are used to fraud in one way or the other so it does not bother them)election, PDP or any bad party like PDP will not win elections anywhere. God's anger will still vist those that clinically perpetrated the biggest electoral fraud in history in the SS and SE. There was no way Jonathan would have won election without a run off. Yes I know some people will start their usual illogical statements like Buhari did not campaign in the south east, south south, Jonathan would still have won in these areas blah blah blah. Nigerians have proven to be a people that don't think and refuse to learn.[b] Meanwhile governance has ground to a halt in Nigeria while the "elected" president is "chilling" in Obudu. He feels less concerned about current cost of living (the highest in the world) and the unbearable hardship in Nigeria. [/b]I do not have any sympathy whatsoever for those who were happy to vote for PDP[/size]
You are the true definition of 'HATER'.
Where do you get your info and statistics from? So, you expected GEJ to take a trip round the world as  a re elected president or you wanted him to die on the job because he's re-elected? Na wa to you o!
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by oloriooko(m): 9:12pm On May 07, 2011
After killing innocent Corpers now they want justice

May the God of thunder visit all of them and their children; born and unborn.

How can you demand for justice when you took lives of people because you believe your opinion is always right.

May they never live to see the end of the lawsuit and if they do, may they use their hands to bury their own children young.

Stupid people angry angry angry
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by hackney(m): 9:35pm On May 07, 2011
Of course they will sue.
The presidency is his father's property
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Bensonite: 9:42pm On May 07, 2011
abibio2001:

I really dont understand why all the fuss about CPC not accepting the election results and going to court. We keep shouting democracy, democracy, rule of law, rule of law yet we are anti-democratic and against the rule of law in the real sense of it. CPC and indeed any other party for that matter has every right to reject any election results and go to court, abi does that stop GEJ from being sworn in on May 29, so whats the fuss about, thats the beauty of democracy and rule of law, everyone has a right to his opinion and to pursue the fulfillment of his opinion within the ambits of the law except we are just hypocritical about practicising democracy and the rule of law

Surely it does not stop GEJ from being sworn in. The surprise is that Buhari said severally that he was not going to challenge the results. He had a plan B to use the aboki to kill sourtherners/chriatains and cause the country to go to war because of his ambition but now he his going to court after some corpers  and sourtherners killed .
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by kokogee: 10:17pm On May 07, 2011
Bensonite:

Surely it does not stop GEJ from being sworn in. The surprise is that Buhari said severally that he was not going to challenge the results. He had a plan B to use the aboki to kill sourtherners/chriatains and cause the country to go to war because of his ambition but now he his going to court after some corpers  and sourtherners killed .

I think the problem with Nigerians is that they use their personal view to judge issues instead of looking at issues objectively.

The truth is that on April 16, Channels tv aired an interview with Buhari where he was asked what he felt about the election; his(Buhari) reply was that there were reports of electoral frauds that he was getting from party member and that if the fraud made GEJ to win, he(Buhari) as a person will not go to court like before but his party(CPC) is free to contest any election results it felt were not justified.

Aside from the above, I don't know if going to court to contest election results is a crime. Afterall, proofs and evidences would be examined to determine the case at hand and whatever the result should be accepted in good faith.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by fxtopedia(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2011
[center][size=18pt]May the truth prevail![/size][/center]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Taraba Speaker Gbana Reportedly Impeached / Presidency: I Am The Best Man For The Job – Ezekwesili / Beautiful Slay Queen Spotted Pushing Wheelbarrow In Owerri (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.