Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,803 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : (3936 Views)

Delta Election Tribunal Throws Out Ogboru's Case Against Okowa / Governors-Elect Who Are Likely To Lose At The Tribunals / Which Governor-Elects Are Likely To Be Removed By Tribunals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by everplus: 3:47pm On May 07, 2011
Dr Paulinus Akpeki Delta state campaign PDP campaign cordinator to appear of channels TV today (07/05/2011). Say all type bluff of how they PDP won the election in  fair and square he said that some many times that i cannot count but he ommited a word FREE, he will never say free because of his conscience. The  most striking one that this old man, that does not respect for his age said, was that the Delta PDP will taking DPP to the tribunal to challenge Delta state election result in delta central, is there any iota of sense in this.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by everplus: 4:04pm On May 07, 2011
i fear the one way dey ground. this pple no won stop
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by OmoTier1(m): 9:32pm On May 07, 2011
The time is ticking, PDP will be kicked out of delta by the tribunal.

Have a little more patience.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by PapaBrowne(m): 9:41pm On May 07, 2011
Let me guess, the poster of this article is Urhobo. I have a big question: Why is it that it is mostly the Uhrobos that dislike Uduaghan with so much hatred and passion. I have spoken to Itsekiris, Ijaws, Isokos Igbos and Urhobos and I find that only the Uhrobos hate the Governor.

In my fair and honest opinion,  the Urhobos might not win any elections in Delta state for the next 20 years despite being by far the largest ethnic group in the state. The reason is simple, as long as the Urhobos keep voting along ethnic lines, the other ethnic groups would keep teeming up to ensure power rotates amongst themselves continually. After Itsekiris, it would be the Igbos then maybe the Isokos and again the Ijaws.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by Beaf: 10:42pm On May 07, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Let me guess, the poster of this article is Urhobo. I have a big question: Why is it that it is mostly the Uhrobos that dislike Uduaghan with so much hatred and passion. I have spoken to Itsekiris, Ijaws, Isokos Igbos and Urhobos and I find that only the Uhrobos hate the Governor.

In my fair and honest opinion, the Urhobos might not win any elections in Delta state for the next 20 years despite being by far the largest ethnic group in the state. The reason is simple, as long as the Urhobos keep voting along ethnic lines, the other ethnic groups would keep teeming up to ensure power rotates amongst themselves continually. After Itsekiris, it would be the Igbos then maybe the Isokos and again the Ijaws.

This is all I feared about these elections, but lets not be frustrated.

There is a serious possibility of an ethnic unhealthy chasm opening up in Delta state; we need to avoid this by every means possible.
The elections were no doubt very flawed, but whoever of both men the final tribunal results favours, that man would need to realise the very heavy burden of unifying the state lies firmly on his shoulders.
This is a delicate period that tribunals alone cannot fix, because the problem has become societal. We need our leaders, chiefs and wise men to broker lasting peace and understanding. 2011 is the year Delta state chooses to leap backwards or continue to strive to be much more than Nigeria's 3rd most developed state.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by sibcid: 1:21am On May 08, 2011
@PapaBrowne. Pardon me Sir, but you're quite wrong to claim that Urhobos alone dislike the Uduaghan regime and that all other tribes ganged up and will continue to gang u against the Urhobos. First, check the election figures (results) and you will find that 30% of the votes from Delta Central (Urhobo LGAs) went to Uduaghan (Itsekiri). Paulinus Akpeki who is serving here as spokesman for Uduaghan is an Urhobo man. It is not right to say Urhobo as an ethnic group is against Uduaghan. On the contrary, it is Itsekiris who appear to be against Ogboru because he is Urhobo. Ogboru got only 15% of the votes in the three Warri LGAs (Itsekiri area). This is despite the fact that many Urhobos, Ijaws and visitors live in this area. The Itsekiri votes for Ogboru might even be a mere 7.5% of the votes or less. Yet you see the Urhobo 30% for Uduaghan as evidence of tribalism! Secondly, the notion of a gang-up against Urhobo by other ethnic groups is mere bad-taste wishful thinking. Ogboru got about 45% of votes cast in Delta North (Ukuani, Ndokwa, Ika, Aniocha, Oshimili) more than that percentage in Patani LGA (Ijaw) and won Isoko South LGA. Your 'gang-up' theory is a figment of the imagination. Check your figures to appreciate your pitiable isolation in Delta State: if the three Warris were removed from the present Delta State results (that is, if results from every ethnic group was consdered apart from the inflated Itsekiri results) Ogboru would lead with over 100,000 votes. Just check the figures and realise that the whole of Delta State is behind Ogboru.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by Abagworo(m): 1:36am On May 08, 2011
Beaf:

This is all I feared about these elections, but lets not be frustrated.

There is a serious possibility of an ethnic unhealthy chasm opening up in Delta state; we need to avoid this by every means possible.
The elections were no doubt very flawed, but whoever of both men the final tribunal results favours, that man would need to realise the very heavy burden of unifying the state lies firmly on his shoulders.
This is a delicate period that tribunals alone cannot fix, because the problem has become societal. We need our leaders, chiefs and wise men to broker lasting peace and understanding. 2011 is the year Delta state chooses to leap backwards or continue to strive to be much more than Nigeria's 3rd most developed state.

For the first time you typed like a human being without ethnic and religious bigotism written all over.I think Imo,Anambra and Rivers should be more developed than Delta though.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by Beaf: 1:42am On May 08, 2011
Abagworo:

For the first time you typed like a human being without ethnic and religious bigotism written all over.I think Imo,Anambra and Rivers should be more developed than Delta though.

And yet another time, you've typed like a dunce.

By the way, the most developed states (backed by facts, not what you think), are
1. Lagos
2. Rivers
3. Delta
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by leonaidas(m): 1:45am On May 08, 2011
the tribunals will show us how ''free and fair'' the elections really were.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by Rhino5dm: 1:45am On May 08, 2011
Source please. Am in strong contention ,yet.

Beaf:

And yet another time, you've typed like a dunce.

By the way, the most developed states (backed by facts, not what you think), are
1. Lagos
2. Rivers
3. Delta
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by Beaf: 1:50am On May 08, 2011
^
This thread is about something else. Open a thread to question my statement, and I'll respond fully and in detail.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by Rhino5dm: 2:02am On May 08, 2011
^^ Done. Am mobile can't really edit, reply quotes or links.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by OAM4J: 2:45am On May 08, 2011
Pls pardon my ignorance, who is the governor elect of Delta?
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by jason123: 2:53am On May 08, 2011
OAM4J:

Pls pardon my ignorance, who is the governor elect of Delta?

Uduhagan
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by OAM4J: 2:56am On May 08, 2011
jason123:

Uduhagan

Thanks.

I tot as much, was confused by the news that he is the one taking Ogboru to court and not the other way round.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by monkeyleg: 7:41am On May 08, 2011
@Beaf,

I knew sooner or later, you would get invoved in Delta matters. It affect both of us, so welcome my brother.

I toatly agree with sibcid analysis. It is the likes of uduaghan and his failing administration, that has chosen to create this tribal difference rather than perform. Uduaghan's dislike is firmly not because of where he comes from but simply because of his dismal performance. the man has just not worked, instead of tackling the issues that would have made him a success, he is busy peddling stories about how the Urhobo's do not want the minorities to rule.

I am from Delta North, but I support Ogboru for one simple reason. I am convinced that he would have been a far better and productive governor that uduaghan has shown to be.

@Beaf, if you make bold statements such as delta being the 3rd most developed, I think it is only fair to all that you produce evidence, not asking people to open new threads
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by RoadStar: 2:02pm On May 08, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

I knew sooner or later, you would get invoved in Delta matters. It affect both of us, so welcome my brother.

I toatly agree with sibcid analysis. It is the likes of uduaghan and his failing administration, that has chosen to create this tribal difference rather than perform. Uduaghan's dislike is firmly not because of where he comes from but simply because of his dismal performance. the man has just not worked, instead of tackling the issues that would have made him a success, he is busy peddling stories about how the Urhobo's do not want the minorities to rule.

I am from Delta North, but I support Ogboru for one simple reason. I am convinced that he would have been a far better and productive governor that uduaghan has shown to be.

@Beaf, if you make bold statements such as delta being the 3rd most developed, I think it is only fair to all that you produce evidence, not asking people to open new threads
And ur belief is based on his history of being a coup plotter or what ?
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by monkeyleg: 2:11pm On May 08, 2011
RoadStar:

And your belief is based on his history of being a coup plotter or what ?

Right, and so because you judge him to be a coup plotter makes him a potential bad Governor? Why dont you say the same of Uduaghan who was a failed / unsuccessful medical doctor, sacked from DSC. Apparently he has a clear record of failure, not so?
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by PapaBrowne(m): 4:53pm On May 08, 2011
monkeyleg:

Right, and so because you judge him to be a coup plotter makes him a potential bad Governor? Why dont you say the same of Uduaghan who was a failed / unsuccessful medical doctor, sacked from DSC. Apparently he has a clear record of failure, not so?
Would be cool to simply answer Roadstar's question by simply telling him on what basis you made your judgement that Ogboru would outperform Uduaghan.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by rasputinn(m): 5:24pm On May 08, 2011
Paulinus Akpeki has a penchant for standing logic on it's head to make the tail of a dog wag the dog rather than the other way round.
However,on this occasion,I understand the strategy(it's actually a good strategy considering the undercurrents that are swelling against Uduaghan which might wash him out of government house via the tribunals)

This strategy is a deft move,we dey watch Ogboru,he knows the ball is in his court
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by Eziachi: 6:29pm On May 08, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Would be cool to simply answer Roadstar's question by simply telling him on what basis you made your judgement that Ogboru would outperform Uduaghan.
For the fact that Ogboru as a very young man could muster the courage and nearly overthrow a powerful dictatorial govt of IBB is not a mean fit. He was a successful businessman based on what I heard far back then.

What he did to IBB, I still duff my hat off for the man that a civilian can do such a thing in behalf of millions of Nigerians, something army generals couldn't do at the time. He is a very brave man and I am sure as a governor, he will be a man of himself, just as he stuck with DPP instead of using the structure of say ACN to win easily. These are characters you look for in a leader.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by monkeyleg: 7:48pm On May 08, 2011
@Papabrowne,

hae Uduaghan not been governor for 4yrs? please state clearly his achievements. The simple answer is NONE. Now it is totally unfair to compare a failing governor with one which has not even been given a chance. On what basis are you guys judging Ogboru to be a failure?

Why dont you see what EK Clark has to say about the whole thing. See below.

But Uduaghan was declared the winner of the election by INEC
He didn’t win. Let me cite two cases. Warri north is made up of 10 wards, 4 wards are occupied by the Ijaws, 6 wards by the Itsekiri. Warri south-west 4 wards for the Ijaws, 6 wards for the Itsekiri. This was what brought tribal feudal war we fought in 1997 – 2002 when my house and my law chamber were burnt. We have forgotten all that. But imagine that Warri north, the 4 wards belonging to the Ijaws voted on the 9th during the National Assembly polls, voted during the presidential election on the 15th but they were prevented from voting because Uduaghan was contesting. No material was sent to them.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/new-cabinet-constitutionwhy-jonathan-must-be-wary-of-govs-edwin-clark/
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by monkeyleg: 7:54pm On May 08, 2011
@Eziachi,

Yes, Ogboru was a successful business man, back in the day. While Uduaghan was an unsuccessful anesthetist who workd for DSC, and was sacked, could run a successful private practice, yet people are entrusting him to run a state. Infact there are suggestions that his dismissal from DSC was for stealing (Yet to confirm), but you know what they say, a fruit never falls to far from the tree.

Knowing both men, I am convinced Ogbrou would have been a better choice for Delta state, who progressives can work with to move the state forward
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by komekn(m): 9:44pm On May 08, 2011
The issue is not the personality or the tribal origin of Ogboru but the complete incompetent and failed governance of Uduaghan using any unit of measurement you like the guy this is just a none starter.

Add to this the criminal looting and wholesome corruption that characterises his Uduaghan's administration which was an inheritance from the grand thief Ibori his first cousin, you wonder how could he win an election one word RIGGING

It is clearly evident that Ibori is going down and when he his sentenced and yes convicted, Uduaghan will be going down with him unless he has immunity as governor. This election for Uduaghan is for him a matter of life and death there is no level too low for him to descend to ensure victory.

The three Warri LGA's have been part of the grand scheme a long time ago
http://urhobotimes.com/?p=779
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/delta-state-election-stalemate-uduaghan-cooks-numbers-warri
http://en-gb.connect.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=166501640049752&topic=240

Consider Bomadi and Burutu http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/may/02/national-02-05-2011-012.html

One question I find problematic is the near negligible impact of ACN in Delta rumours abound about Ovie Omo- Agege intentions and consider it part of the whole electoral manipulation plot of Uduaghan however, this is hearsay and its not substantiated.
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by komekn(m): 12:23pm On May 26, 2011
Rumour is no longer rumour but has become more or less substantiated fact, see link below.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/may/26/national-26-05-2011-008.html

It makes you wonder about the enormity of the Uduaghan rigging machinery and the extent to which people will go by hook or crook to ensure they win an election, very scary indeed.

1 Like

Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by monkeyleg: 1:56pm On May 26, 2011
Shocking. I have never trusted that Omo-Agege man. he has always been part of the Ibori empire
Re: Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : by tripleE: 11:51am On May 31, 2011
omo agege it is a crime to ACN

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Tam David West Analysis On Fuel Subsidy; This Is Revealing / T B Joshua Lights Up Colombia , Fills Olympic Stadium. ( Photos ) / If A Jet Is Missing A Pilot Must Be Missing. What Is Wrong With This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.