Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded (11415 Views)

Girl Beheaded By A Facebook Suitor In Minna, Niger State (Photos) / Ritual Killing: Police In Delta Nabs Suspect Over Death Of Female Undergraduate / Election Ritual Killing: Girl Beheaded At Akwa Ibom State (Viewers' Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by excanny: 5:36pm On May 07, 2011
[size=14pt]Ritual Killing: Girl, 9, Beheaded, Student Rescued[/size]

The Tata community near Ijoun in Yewa North Local Government area of Ogun State, South-west Nigeria, was on Monday thrown into mourning when people suspected to be ritualists beheaded a nine-year old girl, Taiwo Ajibode.

•Jimoh, the suspected kidnapper.

P.M.NEWS gathered that Mr. Sola Ajibode, his wife, Mrs. Abosede Ajibode and their three children, Taiwo, Kehinde and Bukola Ajibode were on a visit to their aged grandmother, Madam Ashande Ase when the incident happened.

Investigations revealed that Mr. Ajibode’s mother-in-law, Madam Ashande, 86, went to the night market at about 8 p.m on Monday night to buy food that her grand children wanted to eat.

Family sources further disclosed that while the grandma was away, their father, Sola Ajibode was sleeping inside the old woman’s room with the other two children. But the late Taiwo was sleeping beside her mother on a mat at the backyard and when Madam Ashande returned with the food, Taiwo was no longer by her mother’s side. She had been taken away by unidentified persons.

A search party was organised. Assisted by the town’s vigilance group, the search team combed the nooks and crannies of Tata village to no avail.

The late Taiwo’s mother, Mrs. Ajibode, disclosed that, on Tuesday morning, she decided to revisit areas they had searched on Monday night. Then the shocking revelation.

“Inside a cassava farm, about 50 metres to my mother’s residence, I saw the headless body of Taiwo. And sympathisers besieged the location immediately. They expressed surprise that the headless body could be found in that farm where people had searched endlessly,” Mrs. Ajibode narrated.

A community leader, Chief Moses, the Akogun of Tata reported the matter at the Igan Alade Police Station and the policemen visited the scene and took away the corpse.

The parents of the girl, community leaders and members of Tata vigilance group went to the police station to assist in the investigation. But Mr. and Mrs. Ajibode pleaded that the corpse of their child should be released to them for burial, saying they were not interested in any case.

After signing an undertaking, the police at Igan Alade Station released the corpse of Taiwo to her parents.

But the majority of the Tata residents thought otherwise. They preferred a thorough investigation into the incident, claiming it was a strange and unusual incident in the village.

A community leader, Chief Adisa Fasina said he could not recollect such an incident happening in the community in recent years.

Meanwhile, an SS1 student simply identified as Sunday has been rescued from kidnappers in Lagos.

Sunday

One of the suspects arrested in connection with the incident gave his name as Bashiru Jimoh. He boarded the same bus with his other accomplice along with the student from Berger to Ikeja bus stop and they all sat at the back seat.

An elderly man in his 60s, Alhaji Yinusa Aremu said he saw Jimoh sprinkle a white powder on the student and he became unconscious.

Luck ran out on the suspects at Ipodo area of Ikeja when the elderly man who was monitoring them shouted “thief! thief!! thief!!!” and one of the suspects was arrested and the other escaped.

According to Alhaji Aremu, “I was coming from Akure and at Berger Bus stop, I entered a bus going to Ikeja. I sat in the middle seat while this student was at the centre of these men at the back seat. I thought they were together when suddenly I just looked back and I saw this suspect spray white powder on the boy. I wanted to shout but I was afraid, thinking that all other passengers were members of the gang.

“When we all dropped off the bus at Ipodo, the school boy was too weak to move, so these men held his hands and I summoned the courage to shout ‘thief! thief!!’ and this one was arrested while the other escaped.”

After the suspect was arrested, he was beaten silly by the people and he said: “the student is my friend, I am taking him to his mother in Festac,” but when he was about to be set ablaze he confessed: “he is not my friend, we met in the bus and I sprayed white powder on him because we sat close to him believing that we would be able to get better ransom money if we succeeded in kidnapping him. We have been doing it for over three years. My partner who ran away was with the powder.”

The sum of N300,000 and two phones were found on him, which he claimed belonged to the student. He also claimed that he gave N50,000 to the other suspect who escaped.

The student, who regained consciousness after about four hours, managed to mention that his name is Sunday and that he is an SS 1 student.

The suspect was later taken away to Area F Police Division, Ikeja, where the incident is being investigated.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/05/06/ritual-killing-girl-9-beheaded-student-rescued/
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by excanny: 5:38pm On May 07, 2011
na wa o. When will this evil stop in Yoruba states?
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by ezeagu(m): 5:41pm On May 07, 2011
What's with all the recent ritual killings? Like this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-657594.0.html embarassed
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by gidson12(m): 5:49pm On May 07, 2011
lol, f**kn ritualistic yaribas from the west, WWW- wild wild west
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by temmytanny(m): 6:02pm On May 07, 2011
why mention yoruba states wen you all know its common in your alaigbo, okija, onisha,abia, imo ,anambra, enugu igbo states? everybody knows its what you use to make doe. PUTA!
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by abadaba(m): 6:07pm On May 07, 2011
temmytanny:

why mention yoruba states wen you all know its common in your alaigbo, okija, onisha,abia, imo ,anambra, enugu igbo states? everybody knows its what you use to make doe. PUTA!
Pig, this is totally irrelevant to the thread, So get out of here fat pig.
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by mbatuku1: 6:38pm On May 07, 2011
temmytanny:

You are only talking trash. Where is the evidence to show your claims. At least, we have news upon news of ritualists in Yorubaland on a daily basis.
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by sbeezy8: 6:45pm On May 07, 2011
temmytanny:

lol abi o the topic is almost comical the way the poster used it
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by ezeagu(m): 6:50pm On May 07, 2011
temmytanny:

No, it's common in your backyard because I have said so.
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by namfav(m): 6:51pm On May 07, 2011
angry
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by aljharem3: 6:54pm On May 07, 2011
can you imagine cry
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by alex101(m): 7:05pm On May 07, 2011
Where are our friends of yoruba extraction to come and give an account of this heinous crime? undecided

Why is this IMPORTANT thread not attracting the internet warriors like EKO OLE, seannet02, Ileke akwuna idi, rhino gay 05, jason clown 1208 and the rest of them cave men cheesy grin?
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by EzeUche2(m): 7:06pm On May 07, 2011
This is horrible!
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by jason123: 7:07pm On May 07, 2011
alex101:

Where are our friends of yoruba extraction to come and give an account of this heinous crime? undecided

Why is this IMPORTANT thread not attracting the internet warriors like EKO OLE, seannet02, Ileke akwuna idi, rhino gay 05, jason clown 1208 and the rest of them cave men cheesy grin?

Are you sick Whats my business I am not in your level in anyway, okay I do not partake in your childish tribalism, okay ODE!!!
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by alex101(m): 7:14pm On May 07, 2011
jason123:

Are you sick Whats my business I am not in your level in anyway, okay I do not partake in your childish tribalism, okay ODE!!!
Thank you for letting me know you're not on my level and you belong in the mud with the pigs
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by Rhino5dm: 7:55pm On May 07, 2011
You are a foool

alex101:

Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by alex101(m): 8:02pm On May 07, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

You are a foool

grin grin I'm smoking them out one by one.

Two are out from their cave(s) like osama bin laden, more terrorists tribalists to follow cheesy grin

I beg come out from your caves, I've a flight to catch to the Bahama- 1st class style wink cheesy
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by Rhino5dm: 8:08pm On May 07, 2011
Keep on displaying your stvpidity for all to see. we are enjoying your foolishness.

alex101:

Two are out from their cave(s) like osama bin laden, more terrorists tribalists to follow cheesy grin

I beg come out from your caves, I've a flight to catch to the Bahama- 1st class style wink cheesy
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by temmytanny(m): 8:09pm On May 07, 2011
I guess you guys or shaits are new here on nairaland and trying to be noticed. I no get una time. PUTA!
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by gidson12(m): 8:41pm On May 07, 2011
alex101:

alex101:

lol, man ur funny, 'ileke akwuna idi' got me rollin on the floor,, ur really smoking the bigoted rats out,
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by mbatuku1: 8:46pm On May 07, 2011
alex101:

lol. Keep on smoking them out from their holes. We need some elite SEALs to help us out here. grin
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 07, 2011
This's aggravating.
Stories like this aren't new to Naija.
It's terrible this's still happening today.

The following occurred last year:
I'm sure there're plenty other stories like this that took place,
And that're still happening today.

"Man beheads his two nieces for N2 Million."
http://www.naijameets.com/profiles/blogs/heartless-guy-slices-head-of

"Boy, 15, cuts off uncle's head for N8, 000."
http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/crime-features/2704-boy-15-cuts-off-uncles-head-for-n8000

"Woman's fingers sold for N15, 000"
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101121505334
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by houvest: 10:52pm On May 07, 2011
Despicable act. Folks please show some sensitivity to this victim and her family. Quit the trash.
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by Adejoro74: 1:03am On May 08, 2011
This is a disgrace to those people involved.
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by SEFAGO(m): 1:11am On May 08, 2011
A 9 year old girl died. And you think its a great time to throw ethnocentric insults.

Some of you guys are just plain disgusting undecided
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by chino11(m): 12:26pm On May 08, 2011
GEJ keep saying it that Yorubas are rascals. We never believed him, we taught he was playing politics. Here it is happening again. wild wild west. Rascal Yorubas. All the evil we see in Nigeria today has its roots from the south west. All the cults and ritualism are domiciled in the southwest. What a people and their barbaric nature. Tomorrow you guys will start condemning talibans
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by WilyWily12: 12:40pm On May 08, 2011
Evil nature of the Yorubas Yoruba
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by Rhino5dm: 1:03pm On May 08, 2011
How market na? cheesy cheesy cheesy

[WilyWily:

Evil nature of the Yorubas Yoruba
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by Rhino5dm: 1:08pm On May 08, 2011
Dan nyyammirin banza kawai.
Nkita ara.

chino11:

GEJ keep saying it that Yorubas are rascals. We never believed him, we taught he was playing politics. Here it is happening again. wild wild west. Rascal Yorubas. All the evil we see in Nigeria today has its roots from the south west. All the cults and ritualism are domiciled in the southwest. What a people and their barbaric nature. Tomorrow you guys will start condemning talibans
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by texazzpete(m): 2:30pm On May 08, 2011
alex101:

Well, since you people  keep telling us on Nairaland that your tribe makes up 60% of lagosians, guess which tribe is statistically more likely to have done the horrible deed (according to your logic)?

Anyway, I agree with SEFAGO.  A 9 year old is dead and people are here using it to score cheap points. That's distasteful.
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by Katsumoto: 2:35pm On May 08, 2011
texazzpete:

Well, since you people  keep telling us on Nairaland that your tribe makes up 60% of lagosians, guess which tribe is statistically more likely to have done the horrible deed (according to your logic)?

Anyway, I agree with SEFAGO.  A 9 year old is dead and people are here using it to score cheap points. That's distasteful.

+1000

A little girl is dead and some idiots are looking to score evil points.
Re: Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded by macjive01: 2:55pm On May 08, 2011
It was surprise galore on Thursday at the Ogun State Police Command Headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta, when a 15-year-old boy, ******(not disclosing his name he is a minor) confessed that he cut off the head of the immediate younger brother of his father, Odunewu Ojo and sold it for N8,000.

The suspect confessed that he was forced to commit the crime due to financial constraints. “It was a week to the just concluded Ileya festival [/b]and I needed money to [b]buy clothes and to entertain my friends. So when my friend brought the ‘business’, I quickly accepted it to raise money for the festival.”

Abeg is that how much human head cost nowadays? #8000. a bag of rice!

(1) (2) (Reply)

This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. / Missing 3-Year-Old Maryam Danlami Found Dead In Bauchi / Inside Nigeria's Largest Adult Entertainment Industry In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.