Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha (1226 Views)

PDP Gov. Candidate Umar Nasko Conceeds Defeat, Congratulates Bello, The Winner / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat / JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 07, 2011
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/5365-ohakim-accepts-defeat-congratulates-okorocha.html

[size=18pt]OHAKIM ACCEPTS DEFEAT, CONGRATULATES OKOROCHA[/size]

By Our reporter 46 minutes ago
Font size:
Defeated incumbent governor of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim has congratulated the winner of the state governorship election, Owelle Rochas Okorocha of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).

In a statement issued Saturday by Ohakim, titled ‘Imo State Must Move On’, the governor said “the good people of the state have spoken. I congratulate my brother and friend, Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha” .

“The election has been keenly contested. Emotions ran high. The state has been polarized in the course of this election. I want to remind Imo people that we fought an election, not a war.

“Two most important legacies, among other legacies, I want to leave to Imo State are democracy and peace. As a democrat, I allowed the process to go on, in spite of overwhelming contentious issues. As a lover of peace, I called for calm and rejected violence.

“The task before all of us now as leaders is to move our state forward. The process of healing must begin now. Every leader who loves this State must help heal the scars of the election. I appeal to all those who have issues with the election, particularly those whose logos were omitted on the ballot to consider sheathing their sword. I have decided not to challenge the election in court. It is not my wish that my successor in office should suffer the distractions that were my lot for four years. Imo is bigger than all of us.

“I shall help my successor in every way possible to succeed. Imo State must move on and have peace. I thank Imo people for giving me the opportunity to serve them and for their support. In whatever capacity I find myself in future, I shall still serve Imo State with all my heart” Ohakim stated.
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 07, 2011
Politics is not for kids, this is how grown ups behave when they loose election. I hope opposition parties will also sometimes show the grace-in-defeat shown to them when they win.
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Adonike(m): 7:59pm On May 07, 2011
Well said. Imo have spoken!
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 07, 2011
How he no go accept. After he don show Igbo ppl pepper?

I think say the dud na troublemaker, just wanna mess with his Igbo people for a while.

Tut tut! After the rest of Nigeria has moved on since grin
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Dede1(m): 8:04pm On May 07, 2011
@POST

This is a mark of political maturity. I hope Ohakim will stick to his congratulatory statements and not engage in any tribunal or court fight over the election.
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I think say the dud na troublemaker, just wanna mess with his Igbo people for a while.

My darling!!!!!!!!!

Been missing u, when I go come pay your bride price?
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by gernded(m): 8:06pm On May 07, 2011
ehhyahhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Dede1(m): 8:07pm On May 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Shut your putrid mouth. It is unfortunate you have become an aberration.
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 07, 2011
mikeansy:

My darling!!!!!!!!!

Been missing u, when I go come pay your bride price?

I was actually expecting you to be here during the messy presidential election period.

Your brilliant opinions were definitely missed. embarassed
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by blacksta(m): 8:18pm On May 07, 2011
We have heard that one before - congratulatory message my a s s - Give him a couple of days when reality hits home = maybe when he reports to the office on monday and it dawns that benefits of the Governor will come to end in less than 20 days - My man will hit tribunal straight.
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I was actually expecting you to be here during the messy presidential election period.

Your brilliant opinions were definitely missed. embarassed

Thanks for the compliment. Missed reading your brilliant and cheeky posts too.

Even in defeat we are proud of our people. Imo State is a great State!!!!!!
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Odunnu: 9:14pm On May 07, 2011
Lord! I'm about to be fooled into believing this guy has got humility and sportsmanship in him.
Nice speech.
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by bkbabe97y(m): 10:41pm On May 07, 2011
"Um, yeah, nice speech you got goin there sir. Now, please put your hands behind your back. You have the right to remain silent. . . . . "
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by houvest: 10:41pm On May 07, 2011
Rochas beware, he has moved to the mode of pacificism just to get into you before he strikes. You must dine with the devil with a very long spoon. They will regroup and want to strike you hard to criple you badly so they can launch a comeback in 4 years time easily. If they succeed in launching a comeback after you, you have failed Imo badly because they will come back with a vengeance. A word is enough for the vwise
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by AndreUweh(m): 12:33am On May 08, 2011
Why did Ohakim's wife run away from Imo state before the rerun polls?.
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 12:42am On May 08, 2011
419ers generally have a kind of charming sweet way of luring their unsuspecting victims.It is therefore not a surprise that I almost fell for this seeming show of humility and spirit of sportsmanship.
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by Thatdave(m): 1:27am On May 08, 2011
if a well known criminal like gov ohakim can make such a defeat acceptance speech, why not Gen buhari? maybe because well known criminals a weaker than well known terrorists.
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by DisGuy: 1:31am On May 08, 2011
blacksta:

We have heard that one before  - congratulatory message my a s s -   Give him a couple of days when reality hits home  = maybe when he reports to the office on monday and  it dawns that benefits of the Governor will come to end in less than 20 days  - My man will hit tribunal straight.

a lot can be done in 20 days, Jonathan already told governor not to probe their predecessors he is indirectly telling them to allow massive last minute looting!!

“Two most important legacies, among other legacies, I want to leave to Imo State are democracy and peace. As a democrat, I allowed the process to go on, in spite of overwhelming contentious issues. As a lover of peace, I called for calm and rejected violence.

duhhh wetin him wan do before?
Re: Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha by OAM4J: 2:32am On May 08, 2011
bk.babe97y:

"Um, yeah, nice speech you got goin there sir. Now, please put your hands behind your back. You have the right to remain silent. . . . . "

lol grin

(1) (Reply)

Senate Probes Post-ume Tests, Seeks Abolition! / Labour Leader Has Been Arrested / Boko Haram Killers And Protesters Challenging Nigeria Democracy.Two Side A Coin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.