Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,993 members, 7,799,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

15-year-old Nigerian Girl Gets Accepted Into Harvard University [video] - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 15-year-old Nigerian Girl Gets Accepted Into Harvard University [video] (2013 Views)

Nigerian Girl Traditionally Weds British Lover In Her Village (photos) / African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families / Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15-year-old Nigerian Girl Gets Accepted Into Harvard University [video] by LTVersati(m): 9:21pm On May 07, 2011
http://korrectnation.com/?p=7838

Saheela Ibraheem, of Edison, N.J., is every college’s dream. She plays soccer, softball, the trombone. She scored an almost perfect SAT. And she’s a nice, humble, normal girl.

“I want to study neuroscience, neurobiology,” Saheela said. “It comes down to the support I’ve had at home, from my parents and brother, every step of the way.

Saheela applied to 14 colleges. She got into Harvard, M.I.T., Princeton, Columbia, Penn, Stanford, Williams, Washington University, Brown, Cornell, University of Chicago, University of North Carolina, and Cal Tech. The only rejection was from Yale. No one is quite sure why.

“I don’t know!” she said.

But what might be most amazing about Saheela — she is 15.

“Most of the time, they say I’m mature for my age,” Saheela said. “I guess that Age isn’t everything.”

Her mom knew Saheela was something special at an early age.

“When you teach her 1, 2, 3 but she want more,” said Shakirat Ibraheem, the proud mother. “When you teach her 1 through 5, she’d say how about this.”

Saheela skipped the sixth and ninth grades. By high school, she’d switched from public to private. Her Edison school feels lucky to have her.

“She has it all. She’s the whole package,” said Susan Swenson of the Wardlaw-Hartridge School. “She really is.”

Read more ---> http://korrectnation.com/?p=7838
Re: 15-year-old Nigerian Girl Gets Accepted Into Harvard University [video] by mamagee3(f): 9:45pm On May 07, 2011
Good for her!

I hope she does very well in school.
Re: 15-year-old Nigerian Girl Gets Accepted Into Harvard University [video] by jjay28(m): 1:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
thats nice. wish her luck in her noble pursuits.
Re: 15-year-old Nigerian Girl Gets Accepted Into Harvard University [video] by makdastar(f): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
Wow

(1) (Reply)

Please,what Do You Call This Insect In Your Native Dialect Or Language? / Rising Spate Of Tattoo Designs Worry Parents, Clergyman / New World Order!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.