Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,960 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! (1578 Views)

Discover Your Talent: Nigerian Idol 5 Unveiled / Ladi Balogun An Achiever-ladi Balogun Fcmb Gmd Wins Young Global Champions Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by webmining: 8:04am On May 08, 2011
I'm currently in university and I want to be a banker, my inspiration has always been Ladi Balogun.

His skills has benefitted the First City Group and FCMB itself.

And mind you, even if the bank was founded by his father, he didn't use that connection. He started out small as a manager in one of the bank's divisions and then rose through the ranks!

He will always be my inspiration to do good. Under his stewardship, the bank had steady profits over the years!
Re: Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by PNubia: 4:32pm On May 09, 2011
This is a nice idea! I think that we should all talk about our idols. Nigerians who have succeeded through hard work and competence!

I would agree that Ladi Balogun is a good choice to start this topic, I am in awe of his impressive track record, both as a savvy businessman and an upstanding citizen!
Re: Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by NuaAchebe: 10:22pm On May 11, 2011
I've personally met Ladi Balogun in one charity fundraiser that he attended. I really think that he is a down-to-earth guy and you wouldn't know he is so rich and successful. He made it a point to talk to everyone who approached him and only had kind words for everyone.
Re: Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by olaolabiy: 9:56am On May 12, 2011
Ola is struggling to stifle cough

Or, is it a giggle?
Re: Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by haydesh: 8:35pm On May 12, 2011
With FCMB going through organic growth and forging strategic partnership, it's good news for corporate leadership.
I only hope his impressive track record, both as a savvy businessman and an upstanding citizen! would persist and go the long haul

I long to see good corporate governance entrenched in our banks and micro finance house!!!
Re: Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by Tomogawe: 9:15pm On May 12, 2011
@Nuachebe That is true about Ladi Balogun. He's really very friendly. A man of outstanding character and a great person. He's also a great businessman!
Re: Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by Innundate: 7:29pm On May 13, 2011
I can't say that I've personally met Ladi Balogun. But I've heard a lot of good things about him from people who should know (employees, colleagues, business partners) and he seems like a good man. I am beginning to think that people who says anything bad about Ladi have not met him personally or do not know who he is.
Re: Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by olaolabiy: 2:37pm On May 14, 2011
5 posts . . . 8 posts . . .10 posts . . . etc.

SMH.
Re: Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by bylineby: 6:04pm On May 16, 2011
I won't say that he's my idol, but he is a very good businessman and a very good person as well.
Re: Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by olaolabiy: 11:25pm On May 16, 2011
2015! wink
Re: Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by Sagamite(m): 12:50pm On May 17, 2011
webmining:

I'm currently in university and I want to be a banker, my inspiration has always been Ladi Balogun.

His skills has benefitted the First City Group and FCMB itself. 

And mind you, even if the bank was founded by his father, he didn't use that connection.  He started out small as a manager in one of the bank's divisions and then rose through the ranks!

He will always be my inspiration to do good.  Under his stewardship, the bank had steady profits over the years!

Someone spent 3 years working in a bank abroad and then joined FCMB at Senior Manager level with a BSc and you opened your mouth to say it has nothing to do with his father's connections or that the father owned the bank. What is small about Senior Manager? How many years does it take others with a BSc to get to that position even if they are a shining star that understand FCMB in-out? 8 years?

He then spent a year at Senior Manager before moving to Executive Director. And it is not because of his father's influence?

FFS, lets apply objectivity when we comment!

Started out at small manager my black arse!

He had a leg up because of his father. That does not necessarily mean he is not talented.
Re: Ladi Balogun Is My Idol! by mbulela: 9:24am On May 19, 2011
^^^^^^
you will be called a hater for saying the truth and not butt licking.

(1) (Reply)

Can a pure and applied physicist get the tittle of an Engineer by COREN / Occupation Feminization / How Do You Keep Your Certificate Safely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.