Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,961 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Latvia University Issue - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Latvia University Issue (21222 Views)

Study In Latvia 2015 / Instant Photos Of My Christmas Holiday In Latvia / Study In Latvia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latvia University Issue by pinehearst: 12:45pm On May 08, 2011
What's the educational system like in Latvia and is the environment conducive for learning?
Input from any Nigerian currently studying in Latvia will greatly be appreciated.
Re: Latvia University Issue by dustydee: 1:10pm On May 08, 2011
http://www.4icu.org/lv/
hope it helps
Latvijas Universitate is ranked 488 in the world.
Re: Latvia University Issue by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 08, 2011
The schools are good and interms of medical schools ,and there is stocklom school of business.You could complete your education through exchange programs as well.THe women are cool and friendly.The currency is stong,the population is small.

1 Like

Re: Latvia University Issue by pinehearst: 6:47pm On May 08, 2011
dustydee and olas2u
thanks greatly for your contribution.
After surfing the schools site the only universities that offer my course is Daugavpils Universitate and Latvia University of Agriculture.
I prefer Daugavpils Universitate (not boardered about ranking), what's your say about the school, is it nice?
Plan calling them tomorrow to ask if the medium of communication is english.
cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Latvia University Issue by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 08, 2011
Hi I have applied for Latvia before there is no Latvia Embassy in West Africa apart, the school will advice you to go to Israel or Egypt to apply for the Resident Visa, i did mine in Egypt, i can update you with the process and even the Admission Officer Natalia she is my very good friend, i also have friends in Latvia University presently, it is a nice school and their Currency is bigger than Euro.

1 Like

Re: Latvia University Issue by dapsycool(m): 4:37am On May 09, 2011
oyibomoses:

Hi I have applied for Latvia before there is no Latvia Embassy in West Africa apart, the school will advice you to go to Israel or Egypt to apply for the Resident Visa, i did mine in Egypt, i can update you with the process and even the Admission Officer Natalia she is my very good friend, i also have friends in Latvia University presently, it is a nice school and their Currency is bigger than Euro.

Latvia!!! I laugh in Spanish grin grin Currency bigger than euro but minimum wage is about 253 euro per month. Bros, that's poverty tongue
Latvians are poor people like most Africans.

dustydee:

http://www.4icu.org/lv/
hope it helps
Latvijas Universitate is ranked 488 in the world.

That is website ranking, got nothing to do with school quality. Latvia my ass grin
Re: Latvia University Issue by pinehearst: 12:03pm On May 09, 2011
@oyibomoses
thanks for your input and offering to help out.
Latvia embassy isn't far from the country i am studying. Just got over the phone with the admission officers of both schools and the sad news is that all their programs are offered in Latvian. the only school that offered my course in English, Stockholm school of economics, is above my budget (EUR 7075 / 6860).
thanks
Re: Latvia University Issue by dustydee: 2:35pm On May 09, 2011
you are welcome and wish you the very best

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Latvia University Issue by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 09, 2011
I think you need some more info,schools are still there teaching in english and recuriting people to come and school from asia
Re: Latvia University Issue by ibboywale: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2011
@ oyinbomoses , good contribution from you i would live to know more about latvia institution and also like to talk with you on yahoo im , my email is (musa_adewale@yahoo.com)you can also chat with me using the same id
am waiting to hear from you as soon as possible
Re: Latvia University Issue by aluawi77: 9:32am On Jan 03, 2012
There are a few school in Latvia,that have some programs in English, Would love to meet anyone that is currently studying there,planning to transfer my masters program from my present school there in September.
Re: Latvia University Issue by Vicjustice: 10:51am On Jan 03, 2012
oyibomoses:

That was some years back, before Latvia became a member of the Schengen states; now, you can get a Latvian visa from a Schengen embassy in Nigeria.

dapsycool:

Latvia!!! I laugh in Spanish  grin grin  Currency bigger than euro but minimum wage is about 253 euro per month. Bros, that's poverty  tongue
Latvians are poor people like most Africans.

That is website ranking, got nothing to do  with school quality. Latvia my Bottom  grin
Though, Latvia may not have the best standard of payment or the best economy, but to be honest, you can not compare Latvia to the best country in Africa in terms of poverty or any good thing.
This is a small Baltic country that one can say many, many good things about. And yes, there are loads of good things about Latvia: how do you think they joined the EU if they didn't meet the requirements?.
The country has everything functioning and well organised, even so many things are more organised than they are in Ireland: Latvia is a small country that was invaded by Germany during the WW2, and later, they were under the USSR for many years until they became independent in 1992 and everything was in a mess then. But they built up their country to meet the EU standard, and then joined the EU in 2004, and now, they have met the Schengen requirement and became a Schengen member state since Dec. 2007. They became visa free to Canada in same 2007, and in 2008, they joined the American visa waiver (which means, Latvian citizens do not require visa to visit the USA). . . .
How do you think they made all these progresses if they have that kind of poverty like you claimed?
My friend, get the facts right, Latvia is way better than the best country in Africa in every good thing.
Now, for those of you thinking of going to Latvia, i will encourage you to go: know that it is a Schengen country and that their visa or Residence Permit entitles you to travel to every country in the EU (including Switzerland and Norway), but excluding the UK and Ireland, and yet, a visa for the UK or Ireland is as easy to get as buying a train ticket when you are applying from Latvia:

Note: The Russian Skin Head Racists in Latvia are extremely dangerous; they are extremely brutal and can attack a lone black man with deadly force if they happened to corner him in an area where there is no nearby rescue. So, it is important to ensure that you're always fit and athletic to enable you run fast for your life whenever you're being chased by those hooligans who are sometimes armed with jackknives

Note: I lived in Latvia for nearly 2 years.
Trivial: Latvian girls are naturally good-looking and they fancy black guys.

14 Likes

Re: Latvia University Issue by 27naira(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
Vicjustice:

That was some years back, before Latvia became a member of the Schengen states; now, you can get a Latvian visa from a Schengen embassy in Nigeria.
   Though, Latvia may not have the best standard of payment or the best economy,  but to be honest, you can not compare Latvia to the best country in Africa in terms of poverty or any good thing.
   This is a small Baltic country that one can say many, many good things about, and yes, there are loads of good things about Latvia: how do you think they joined the EU if they didn't meet the requirement?"
   The country has everything functioning and well organised, even so many things are more organised than they are in Ireland: they're a small country invaded by Germany during the WW2, then, they were under the USSR for so many years until they became independent in 1992 and everything was in a mess, but they built up their country to meet the EU standard, and then joined the EU in 2004, and now, they have met the Schengen requirement and became a Schengen member state since Dec. 2007. They became visa free to Canada in 2007, and in 2008, they joined the American visa waiver. . . .
   How do you think they made all these progress if they have that kind of poverty like you claimed?
   My friend, get the facts right, Latvia is better than the best country in Africa in every good thing.
   Now, for those of you thinking of going to Latvia, i'll encourage you to go: know that it is a Schengen country and that their visa or Residence Permit entitles you to travel to every country in the EU (including Switzerland an Norway), but excepting England and Ireland, and a visa for England and Ireland are as easy to get as buying a train ticket when you're applying from Latvia:
Note: The Russian Skin Head Racists in Latvia are extremely dangerous; they are extremely brutal and can attack a lone black man with deadly force if they happened to corner him in an area where there is no nearby rescue. So, it is important to ensure that you're always fit and athletic to enable you run fast for your live whenever you're being chased by those hooligans who are sometimes armed with jackknives

hahaha grin grin grin

Russians na serious case. What they need is the "Italian Nigerians"

1 Like

Re: Latvia University Issue by kennybuda: 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2012
@Vicjustice
Good job be bless
Re: Latvia University Issue by Vicjustice: 11:07am On Jan 12, 2012
kennybuda:

@Vicjustice
Good job be blessed
   Thanks, and You too be blessed
Re: Latvia University Issue by iz2much: 11:24am On Jan 12, 2012
they are racist hope you guys know tha, the consulate in the embassy said it to my face, she said they dont want africans in heir country, get on facebook and see how many blacks they got there, the school staffs are very good, but their embassy is nothing to write about. if i should be in anyone's shoes i will consider other countires not latvia.
Re: Latvia University Issue by Vicjustice: 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
iz2much:

they are racist hope you guys know tha, the consulate in the embassy said it to my face, she said they dont want africans in their country, get on facebook and see how many blacks they got there, the school staffs are very good, but their embassy is nothing to write about. if i should be in anyone's shoes i will consider other countires not latvia.
If i were to be in a position of deciding who is allowed into Latvia and who is refused, i would most likely not allow any Nigerian person because, Nigerians are more of a curse than a blessing to any country that allows them in
Re: Latvia University Issue by switchmax8: 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
hey poster,
if you are going to latvia to study fine but,their economy is in shabbles just like europe some major banks has been taken over by the govt just like the way sanusi did to nigerian banks.
Re: Latvia University Issue by fili24: 12:53am On Jan 18, 2012
@ poster
Try Czech republic, they have an embassy in Abuja, and their are many Nigerian students in Prague.

1 Like

Re: Latvia University Issue by jerrynnamani: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
hello,

I want to travel to Latvia and I need advice from you on how to get the visa.
Re: Latvia University Issue by eniboi(m): 11:33am On Sep 16, 2014
i am currently applying for computer system at riga technical university , anybody in latvia in this forum , who can help on visa procedure and admission.
Re: Latvia University Issue by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 16, 2014
eniboi: i am currently applying for computer system at riga technical university , anybody in latvia in this forum , who can help on visa procedure and admission.

Bro same thing here for me,mechanical engineering though,just started my application process(for January intake)

As for visa I already found out a way(after serious research),it's through Egypt tho.
Re: Latvia University Issue by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 16, 2014
You can PM me if you have info yourself.
Re: Latvia University Issue by bis7(f): 10:44am On Sep 17, 2014
Lol.. The little I know and can talk about the processing is about two years ago I was looking into studying in Lativa aswell and search informations online then I got the contact of the embassyin Egypt and talk to them about the docs needed and if needed be for an interview at the embassy which they said yes and give me an appointment a week later to submit the documents and gurantee me if it was complete they will give me the study visa but the problem start when I try to get a visit visa to Egypt and went thru an agent who chop my money tire and neva help. Anyway I abadon going then as my fund was low and I couldnt afford to pay even for my flight again .(Modify) (Quote) (Report)(Share)
Re: Latvia University Issue by bis7(f): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2014
Let me add this also, I was so surprise at how the sectary was talking to me on the phone at lativa embassy in cairo I was like I need to check the number again na wrong line or and lol and beyond it was the embassy and the lady told me to hold on so she can forward my call to the officer in charge of visa mattters and after some few mins I was talking to Him and he gave me an appointment a week later and guaratee if I bring all the documents He told me I will be issue a one year study permit (shengen ) I was so happy that day and dream of being in Germany thru this route lol but problem start when I want to get visa to Eygyt my greatest mistake is using the wrong travel agent he kept collecting money from me and keep my passport for 4 months until police get involve I suffer in the hand of this agent o and cripple my funds as I plan getting to Egypt to get the Lativa study visa there and hustling for some money in cairo which I knw how to do then the travel agent destroy all my plans and I have to forget the matter and later have to come to Ghana . Then after some few months I watch in the news of how the newly join shengen baltic countries are called for a meetin and sauction them against issuing visas to some immigrant in asia and africa making it too easy for them to come in and cross borders then instead they should tighten there borders as they are meant to be Shengen and difficult country to get into and I was like w.dafuck
Re: Latvia University Issue by eniboi(m): 4:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
bis7: Let me add this also, I was so surprise at how the sectary was talking to me on the phone at lativa embassy in cairo I was like I need to check the number again na wrong line or and lol and beyond it was the embassy and the lady told me to hold on so she can forward my call to the officer in charge of visa mattters and after some few mins I was talking to Him and he gave me an appointment a week later and guaratee if I bring all the documents He told me I will be issue a one year study permit (shengen ) I was so happy that day and dream of being in Germany thru this route lol but problem start when I want to get visa to Eygyt my greatest mistake is using the wrong travel agent he kept collecting money from me and keep my passport for 4 months until police get involve I suffer in the hand of this agent o and cripple my funds as I plan getting to Egypt to get the Lativa study visa there and hustling for some money in cairo which I knw how to do then the travel agent destroy all my plans and I have to forget the matter and later have to come to Ghana . Then after some few months I watch in the news of how the newly join shengen baltic countries are called for a meetin and sauction them against issuing visas to some immigrant in asia and africa making it too easy for them to come in and cross borders then instead they should tighten there borders as they are meant to be Shengen and difficult country to get into and I was like w.dafuck

wow i am so sorry brother , all dose agents are not to be trusted , they do rip pple off , can you pls list the documents they required at the embassy for visa.
Re: Latvia University Issue by bis7(f): 12:24am On Sep 18, 2014
that was few years back then i dont know about now unless You contact the embassy yourself . U can search for Lativa embassy in Egypt n you will get all details you need and also for people that need only a short stay visa not exceeding 3 months you can apply at Swizerland Embassy in Ghana for Lativa type c or at frace embassy cotonu benin .
Re: Latvia University Issue by moneybag100: 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
Danishdavy:

Bro same thing here for me,mechanical engineering though,just started my application process(for January intake)

As for visa I already found out a way(after serious research),it's through Egypt tho.
Are you going for undergradute or grad at Riga uni? Did you pay the 150$ application fee? Do they mandate Toelf? Have you done your skype interview?
Re: Latvia University Issue by moneybag100: 5:55pm On May 12, 2015
Any success on latvia recently?
Re: Latvia University Issue by rtigho: 10:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
please does any body have information about Latvia e.g if there his jobs and visa I she
Re: Latvia University Issue by Olasveryown: 9:47am On Jul 30, 2019
rtigho:
please does any body have information about Latvia e.g if there his jobs and visa I she
Are you planning to go and study there?i am waiting for my Skype interview

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Latvia University Issue by rtigho: 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2019
Yes but the issue I want no if there is part time jobs in Latvia.because I will be paying my fee my self please if any one have idea about Latvia labour market cost of living should let me no

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) / Canada Will Humble You, I Miss Cheap Nigerian Pussies: Pictures / Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.