Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death (6274 Views)

Jealous Husband Baths Wife With With Acid For Leaving Him (photo) / Jealous Gay Lovers Fight In Benin / Married Man Killed By Jealous Badoo Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 08, 2011
Jealous hubby pounds wife to death

Taofeek Badaru — Suspect

The advent of the Global System Mobile Communication (GSM) phones in Nigeria about a decade ago was generally adjudged a welcome development. It was a far cry from, and good riddance to the hitherto epileptic and restricted telecom services provided by the Nigerian Telecommunications Limited (NITEL). With the GSM services, Nigerians have unrestricted access to communication irrespective of status and creed. However, much as the services brought joy to its numerous subscribers, it nevertheless, has caused untold disaffection amongst many families. Many relationship and of course, marriages, have long packed up in the wake of this services in the country. Unfaithful partners have been detected through surreptitious conversations and or text messages. Such illicit conversations with an alleged male lover recently sent a mother of five to an early grave by an angry and jealous husband.

In the beginning

Mrs Titilayo Taofeek Badaru, a 30 -year-old petty trader met her man, Mr. Taofeek Badaru 31, about 12 years ago. While she was undergoing apprenticeship as a trader, her suitor was equally learning bricklaying. They courted briefly and got married shortly afterwards. The marriage which was blessed with five children was described by family members and acquaintances as a blissful union until Mrs Titilayo acquired a GSM handset. Consequently, strange telephone numbers especially, those belonging to male friends, started featuring in her phone book. Amorous text messages, illicit and late night conversations became a recurring decimal. These drew the ire of her husband who was reported to have confronted her on several occasions. But she was reported to have denied the allegations; accusing her husband of unwarranted jealousy. However, her alleged secret affairs got to a head last week Sunday, April 3, 2011, after her husband returned from a social outing, pretended to be drunk and staggered out to get some food items for the kids. Unknown to Titi who is also called Saida, her man was only feigning drunk and had actually sat behind their window when her handset rang to determine who the caller was. And true to his suspicion, his wife was conversing and fixing appointment with a male friend, ostensibly her surrogate husband. Apparently unable to control his emotions, Mr. Badaru stormed their one bedroom apartment and demanded to know who his wife had been conversing with. He was perhaps, too angry to listen to her wife’s defence as he dealt her several blows; sending her gasping for air. She was said to have struggled and forced her way to a neighbour’s room where she collapsed and died moments after. In the mean time, satisfied with the beating, Mr. Badaru retired to a nearby drinking joint to have some beer only to be called later that his wife was dying. Before he rushed to the room, his lifetime lover was already stone dead!

Arrest and confession

At the homicide section of the dreaded State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti Yaba, Lagos, Mr. Taofeek Baduru, the 31-year-old Toko, Ogun state born bricklayer told Crime Alert amid tears that he never meant to kill his wife. He stated that both of them took blood oath never to leave each other while courting saying, since he met his wife he has remained faithful to her. According to him, “ Titilayo is the love of my life. She was like a sister, a mother and a wife. Why should I kill the mother of my five children, for whatever reason? That day, Sunday April 3, 2011, my wife, our children and I went out since it was on a Sunday because that day is a free day for me. Later when we came back, I went out with one of my friends to have a drink nearby. At about 9. 30pm, I came back home but she told me that she would like to eat bread and fried eggs and I opted to go and buy them for her. But she said I was drunk that I should allow her to go for the items but I insisted. Just then, her phone rang and I quickly staggered out pretending to be heavily drunk only to hide behind our window to listen to whoever was the caller. I know she is dead now, she can hear but I cannot hear or see her; so it will be wrong as a Moslem, to speak ill of the dead. When I earlier noticed the change in her attitude towards me, I confronted her severally that she was having illicit affairs but she flatly denied the allegations. I had constantly reminded her that she should not cheat me because we were under blood oath but she seemed to have thrown that oath to the dogs. So that day, her phone rang and I pretended to be heavily drunk and staggered out and hid behind our window where I listened to all her conversations with one Ade. But when I came back to the room and demanded to know who Ade was, she said it was her brother, one Dauda that she was talking with. I demanded to see the number and call it back but she will not allow me. So in anger, I slapped her. The next punch went straight to her stomach and she forced her way into a neighbour’s room while holding tight to her belly shouting my stomach, my stomach. Since I got to know her, she had always complained of stomach problem and even before we packed to this new place, Temidire Kola street in Ipaja; my landlady revived her severally while I was away. I think she has serious stomach problem. Having escaped to a neighbour’s room, I left in anger to a nearby joint and tried to forget what had happened by calling for a bottle of beer only for one of my nieghbours to rush out calling on me that my wife was dying. In the rain I dashed to her room, picked her up and was rushing to a nearby clinic even as I was begging her to forgive me not knowing that she was already dead. It was when we got to the hospital that doctor declared her dead. I loved my wife, I love her so much even in death. My greatest problem now is how to take care of our five children all alone; because they are still very young. Our first child is only eleven years old.”

Police react

However, Police sources told Crime Alert that no matter how convincing Mr. Badaru may sound, the matter would have to be thoroughly investigated. Frantic efforts to get the reaction of the Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) in-charge of SCID, Panti, Aromeh Ataboh, was not successful. But a source close to his office said it was the diligence of the ACP that led to the arrest and subsequent confession of the suspect. The source said, “ You know Oga is a critical and intelligent officer, it was his interrogative prowess that led to the confession of the suspect. Otherwise the suspect was denying ever beating his wife. We are still investigating and interrogating the suspect to corroborate his earlier statement. Again, everything may have to depend on autopsy because from what we gathered so far from the suspect, he said prior to her death, his wife had always complained of stomach problem. But in all, the law will take its course.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/jealous-hubby-pounds-wife-to-death/
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 08, 2011
Wickedness at its height! angry angry angry
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by yomijnr(m): 2:35pm On May 08, 2011
What has his ethnicity got to do with anything?
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by udezue(m): 2:58pm On May 08, 2011
He knew his wife always had stomach problems so why kick her in the stomach? if ur spouse is cheating just end the marriage.
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by macjive01: 2:59pm On May 08, 2011
i bet he didnt mean to. what a shame.    btw why is it always on sundays that tribalists flood nairaland ?
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by alex101(m): 3:10pm On May 08, 2011
Why is this IMPORTANT thread not attracting our friends of yoruba extraction? undecided

We need their respective imput as to why this occurred in that part of the nigerian dungeon shocked
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by Afanna1: 3:16pm On May 08, 2011
All this igbos tribalist don start . grin
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by Mynd44: 5:21pm On May 08, 2011
Manslaughter attracts 21 to life so its byebye to him he is going where he belongs behind bars like the monkey that he is .
Thank God for the new state laws that has made wife battery a criminal offence
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by queensmith: 5:48pm On May 08, 2011
This sort of news reporting is an indirect cause of Nigerias tribal wars
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by jason123: 5:55pm On May 08, 2011
You Igbo tribalist have started on a [b]sunday [/b]afternoon, abi If/When the Yorubas descend on you, then you will start screaming another thing. SMH!!!
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by chino11(m): 6:24pm On May 08, 2011
Yorubas will not seize to amaze me. This kind of character is quite natural with Yorubas. Rascality is their 2nd nature. Wild wild west. We have seen it in number of ocassions. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by SEFAGO(m): 6:37pm On May 08, 2011
^Seize-Cease

Ocassions-Occasions

Ask your primary school for a refund. Will ya??
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by agabaI23(m): 6:41pm On May 08, 2011
^ You made the same mistake and corrected yourself. Do not be too fast!

You wrote occassions instead of occasions which shows no one knows it all.
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by SEFAGO(m): 6:46pm On May 08, 2011
^ you are a mo/ron, I just did not put them in the right order because I was multitasking. Me make a spelling mistake?

Damn dog. Learn to respect your father.  Also dont forget that mistakes are usually underlined in red. Assuming the impossible, I would be aware it was a mistake.
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by agabaI23(m): 6:52pm On May 08, 2011
SEFAGO:

^ you are a mo/ron, I just did not put them in the right order because I was multitasking. Me make a spelling mistake?

Damn dog. Learn to respect your father.  Also dont forget that mistakes are usually underlined in red. Assuming the impossible, I would be aware it was a mistake.

I can understand you hold your intelligence so high and would not want anything to suggest otherwise.
That does not change the fact that you got it wrong before.

You wrote

Ocassions = Occassions. You can deny it till tomorrow and call me more names, it does not change the fact.
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by udezue(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2011
Lol
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by SEFAGO(m): 6:56pm On May 08, 2011
lol I see my mistake  grin, I was in a hurry, busy with more important things.

Point is ask your igbo brother to get a refund. He was the one doing the typing. I am doing the correcting  cool
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by alex101(m): 6:57pm On May 08, 2011
This IMPORTANT thread should/must not be derailed embarassed This is not "english 101" cool

Back to topic,,,,,,why are the terrorists tribalists not out from their cave(s)?

Input! Input! Input guys! cheesy
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by agabaI23(m): 7:01pm On May 08, 2011
SEFAGO:

lol I see my mistake  grin, I was in a hurry, busy with more important things.

Point is ask your igbo brother to get a refund. He was the one doing the typing. I am doing the correcting  cool
He was also in a hurry to do more important things which is why he has not replied you.
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 08, 2011
chino11:

Yorubas will not seize to amaze me. This kind of character is quite natural with Yorubas. Rascality is their 2nd nature. Wild wild west. We have seen it in number of ocassions. May her soul rest in peace.

Idiiot. . .im sure an average ibo man would have killed his wife for money rituals.how is your cursed tribe better than yoruba ?oloriburuku.
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by alex101(m): 7:11pm On May 08, 2011
Ha ha ha! they are getting smoked out from their caves grin

Input! Input! Input guys! cool
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by namfav(m): 7:16pm On May 08, 2011
poor woman, i don't understand the man who kill teir wives
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by Rhino5dm: 7:24pm On May 08, 2011
Igbos trade mark is criminality, cheat and lies. Get rich at all cost even taking your mother to shrine. What more, vitual all their women married or not are in to prosti. tution for peanuts.

There is NO rich man in Igbo land thats is not link with money ritual. Facts!

No sane person should dare venturing into marrying their women, else you marry akwuna.

For proof.
Goto ocabique in PH to watch their girls dance nude and a norny lap dance for single bottle of beer.
If you prefer jiggy cheesy, then be at Mr. Sweet to have range of varieties from medical student to professional bangers.

Igbos are the cheapest commodities in south east. Bang them for lunch or indomie with 2 eggs.

If you wan't mobile action, then i suggest you enter luxerious night bus from lagos to Enugu to get the opportunity of rotating like 4 punnies.

If you like forking those with mix northern accent, then wuse zone 4 is where you get it real nice.

In lagos be at silver bird with your ticket and pop corn. shikenan!

alex101:

This IMPORTANT thread should/must not be derailed embarassed This is not "english 101" cool

Back to topic,,,,,,why are the terrorists tribalists not out from their cave(s)?

Input! Input! Input guys! cheesy

Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by Nnenna1(f): 7:29pm On May 08, 2011
Was this thread necessary? You all need help undecided
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by agabaI23(m): 7:32pm On May 08, 2011
All these Igbo and Yoruba wars, guys what do you want to achieve?

Feel superior to someone because he is from another tribe where the major difference between you and that person is language?

Igbos do ritual killing, yorubas do the same, Hausas do, what are you all sweating to prove?
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 08, 2011
namfav:

poor woman, i don't understand the man who kill teir wives

get it in your brain that the death was accidental which resulted from the fight between the couple.It's not the same as a regular ibo man that would have done so because of money.
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by jason123: 7:34pm On May 08, 2011
agabaI23:

Feel superior to someone because he is from another tribe where the major difference between you and that person is language?

Igbos do ritual killing, yorubas do the same, Hausas do, what are you all sweating to prove?
lol but well said
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by namfav(m): 7:38pm On May 08, 2011
agabaI23:

Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by namfav(m): 7:40pm On May 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

get it in your brain that the death was accidental which resulted from the fight between the couple.It's not the same as a regular ibo man that would have done so because of money.

ok i see
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by alex101(m): 7:44pm On May 08, 2011
ha ha ha! grin I'm smoking the[b] terrorists[/b] tribalists out from their caves cheesy

More input! Input! Please terrorists tribalists input! cool
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by Rhino5dm: 7:46pm On May 08, 2011
We are all learning. I started this rubbish courtesy of your unrepentent brothers who think they are very intelligent.

I promise to return every single of their lies with TRUTH. . .No one has a monopoly of insult afteral there a great fun in doing it.

Nnenna1:

Was this thread necessary? You all need help undecided
. .
Re: Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death by bkbabe97y(m): 8:00pm On May 08, 2011
List Keeps Growing: Evil, wicked, Blood-sucking Ibo Man Shoots Wife 5 Times in Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Written by Elombah.com    
Friday, 25 February 2011 23:09
digg

[img]http://www.nigeriadailynews.com/thumbnail.php?file=images1/Max_Ezimora_482938852.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Indeed, it has happened again! That was the cry among the Nigerian community in the United States when news about another family violence death broke. Sorrowfully the list of list Nigerian accused of murdering or attempted their wives grew today as a Nigerian man, Maximillian Ezimora, has been arrested in Atlanta after shooting his wife, Uchenna Ezimora, five times. The wife, described by a source as a hard working registered nurse in the Atlanta area, survived the shooting and is currently hospitalized.

Reports say 500 Nigerians are in US Jails charged with femicide
Mr. Ezimora, who reportedly hails from Adazi, Anambra State, is being held in Fulton County jail in Atlanta. He is charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of firearms while committing a felony.
The couple owns a business, Maxing Groceries, on Fletcher Street in Atlanta. Reports have that the business license is in Mrs. Ezimora’s name.
Last year A Florida based Nigerian pharmacist, Olufemi Ademoye was charged for second degree murder for allegedly killing his wife over what family friends alleged as dispute over the paternity of the couple's 17 year old son. While on Aug 2010 One of Nigeria’s most respected poet and professor of English and Literature, Dubem Okafor died in the United States after shooting his wife Cheryl 37.
Other cases that made headlines are the Police arrest of a suspect, 41-year-old Kelechi Charles Emeruwa, on a first-degree murder warrant in the death of his wife. The children were unharmed and taken into custody by police. The children would be cared for by Child Protective Services until they could be placed with family members, according to police.
Emeruwa was charged in court the following day, Tuesday, with the murder of his wife.
In another case a Texas Dallas County jury recommended life in prison for Theophilus Ojukwu, 47, a Nigerian national after he pleaded guilty to the murder of his 36-year-old wife Melvina. The judge consequently sentenced him to life imprisonment. Theophilus on Saturday, March 25, 2006 reportedly fatally beat his wife on the head with a socket wrench while their four children, ages 4 through 9, were in the house and heard her screams.
Theophilus pleaded guilty after the 911 tape was played for the jury. In the recording, he admitted to the slaying. He is spending 40 years in prison before eligibility for parole.
Till Death Do Us Part’ seems to be a catch-all phrase demonstrative of how deeply in love bride and bridegroom are with each other when exchanging vows before a clergy, family members, friends and well-wishers. Little did Chidiebere, a nurse, know that her death would come in the hands of a man she once loved; a man that solemnly swore to protect her in sickness and good health, in poverty and in riches, and of course, a man that swore to be there for her until death do them part. Sadly, little did Ms. Ochulo know it was going to be a deadly broken vow!
This is another Nigerian marriage that ended deadly was in Burtonsville, Maryland on New Year, Monday, January 1, 2007. Another Nigerian abruptly ended the life of his wife in Burtonsville, suburb of Washington, DC. Mr. Kelechi Charles Emeruwa, 41, of Old Umuahia on New Year, cut short of his wife’s life, Chidiebere Omenihu Ochulo, 36, of Old Umuahia in their 4200 block of Dunwood Terrace in Burtonsvillle, Maryland home. It was reported that Chidiebere died from stab wounds. However, Officer Melanie Hadley, spokesperson for Montgomery County Police, could not confirm it citing, “official autopsy report is not out”.
Other similar stories of deadly domestic violence among Nigerians in the United States are the case of Mr. Theophilus Ojukwu, 46, of Enugwu-Agu, Ihe in Ogwu LGA, Enugu State, who killed his wife in their 5400 block of Barcelona Drive home in Garland, Texas on Saturday, March 25, 2006 has since been sentenced to life in prison.
Similarly, in Grand Prairie, a suburb of Dallas, Texas, Mrs. Monireti Abeni Akeredolu, a 46-year old Nigerian lady met her untimely death in the hands of her estranged husband, Mr. Ebenezer Akeredolu, Sr., 48, on Thursday night, September 8, 2005, a day after her birthday.
Also, on August 10, 2005 in Euless, a suburb of Dallas, another Nigerian husband, Johnny Omorogieva, 45, murdered his wife, Mrs. Isatu Omorogieva, 35, by savagely striking her on the head numerous times with a hammer in the full glare of his 7-year old daughter.
With the exception of Mr. Emeruwa who’s awaiting trial, these men have since been sentenced to prison. Unfortunately, the surviving children of these families are left to grow up without their parents.
Some people continue to wonder why some of these marriages end deadly. It appears that the gargantuan societal pressure of living a good life coupled with an undue burden from family members in Nigeria continue to exacerbate the already troubled many Nigerian marriages. Additionally, some Nigerian marriages in the Diaspora are steadily and surely growing out of love. Compounding the marital problem is the issue of infidelity on both sides.
Sadly, infidelity has ruined some Nigerian marriages in America. Some of the recent divorces have claims of infidelity as their primary causes of marriage travails.  Marital infidelity is causing a vast majority of Nigerian marriages flagging with the inevitability of total collapse. No other Nigerian community has suffered more jinx of infidelity than the Dallas area Nigerians.
The aspersion has permeated the fabric of what was once considered a cohesive community. This has broken the trust members of Nigerian community once had with each other. Sad still, the infidelity among Nigerians has been worsened by the recent trend.
The latest trend is the annual visit—pilgrimage as some call it—the men pay to Nigeria in the month of December. While in Nigeria some of these men engage in a high risk behavior with flawed boldness and reckless and perhaps, short-lived excitement in the face of ravaging effects of AIDS. This reckless behavior is utterly deplorable.
Nevertheless, it’s not only dreadfully wrong, but also sacrilegious for anyone to take the life of the other, especially his or her spouse. There are other options to get out of a marriage besides killing a spouse. Domestic violence is not one of them; Nigerian community everywhere must help stop this madness—domestic violence!

www.elombah.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guy Naked Slay Queen Neat As They Fight In Lagos(video) / What Does It Mean For One's Mobile Number To Be Busy? / Police Rescue 15 Victims Of Human Trafficking In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.