Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence (16990 Views)

Daily Actions That Will Improve Or Boost Your Self-confidence / 10 Useful Guides To Building Self-confidence / Vote Of No Confidence On Sexkillz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by kavey10(m): 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
Matthew briggs: Quite very useful tips. Moreover adding to the op's tips on building confidence. There are 3 core steps to gaining self confidence. I will use my life experiences to relay them.

1. Build your intellect, Increase your knowledge base - I was once a shy person an extreme introvert, in fact my mum told me when I was little when visitors came around I always ran and hid my self. Lack of self confidence plagued me during my early years.

Until at a very young age I got to stay with a lecturer and everything changed, I had access to this amazing library and an awesome collection of books. I was hungry for knowledge and I therefore read ferociously, My knowledge and intelligence grew tremendously. It boosted my confidence I felt more sure of my self and abilities, I knew I was not empty but carried something very few carried. Till today the hunger for knowledge has never died.

Knowledge is the ultimate self confidence boaster. It helps you stand tall in front of your peers because you know what they don't. I got to understand that every one of us have our insecurities, fears, weakness and imperfections, we are all afraid of something no matter how beautiful, handsome or strong we look. Moreover I learnt that knowledge and intellect is not enough.

2. Look and Act confident :- Been brilliant and knowledgeable is not enough, you've got to let the world know you have strong belief in your self and capabilities. The catch is that I think 70% of human communication is non verbal meaning, people access you based on how you carry your self.

The way you walk, talk, sit and stand . With this new found knowledge, I refined the way I walked, I walk like someone that's on a mission no dragging of my feet or walking like someone who has all the time in the world. I sit like an executive that's in a board meeting, I talk assertively, clearly and intelligently, I look at you in the eyes when I have too. I stand uprightly in firm postures. To pull this off you've got to imagine your self as the CEO of a fortune 500 company or have a role model you look up to. Mine was Apple' s late Steve jobs, Oracle's Larry elision and Obama.

3. Build a track record of achievements, gather some bragging rights - The most surest way to build your confidence is putting yourself out there and doing something that you can look back and pat yourself in the back saying "I did this sh*t". That's nothing that more self assuring than looking back at your achievement it might academical, physical, financial etc. and there they stand speaking for you.

In my case I dared to do stuff others were afraid of, taught my self software's people were scared of and went on to do projects that when I look back during my darkest hours I smile and say to my self " dude you did this".

Self confidence is not a destination but a journey. It a process, a state of mind affected by what you feed your mind with.

I have not achieved hundred percent confidence as I write this, I still have my heart beating fast when am about to make a speech, but I have surely come a long way. I have this unwavering belief in my self and ability to deliver.

Finally if you can't act confident, fake it.

#Matthew Briggs

Let me quote you sharp sharp for future reading, to reassure myself that I'm on the right track when the haters try to bring me down(they just can't stand my confidence, not pride). Thanks bro.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
[quote
author=obainojazz]like when you insulted me.....choi...i can help you
sha...you will have to cross seven mountains...seven seas...then you
will meet me in a small stream...i will bath you there...tada....u will
be alryt...(whinks)[/quote]lol! u aint serious!!haba i was kiddin na
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
I want to ask, inability of a person to be aggressive, is it a sign of low self esteem?
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by omokejiajao: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
i love this keep it up, this is exactly what happened to me in the morning when my fiancée corrected my English i was ashamed of myself because it what i supposed to know
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 9:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
joywendy: lol! u aint serious!!haba i was kiddin na
i want u to create a thread apologizing to me.....hehehe
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by sandyluv01: 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nice one
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by kryptonian(m): 12:20am On Sep 21, 2013
Jakeattah: You get too much and it turns to over confidence..... Then another thread will show 'steps to reduce over confidence'
lmfao......that's the code
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Cathaliya: 2:37am On Sep 21, 2013
somebody seriously needs to read this.....K****
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 8:33am On Sep 21, 2013
obainojazz: i want u to create a thread apologizing to me.....hehehe
ah!! obainojazz am truly sorry. pls accept my appology pls. it was a joke na,really and u asked 4 it u knw
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 9:22am On Sep 21, 2013
joywendy: ah!! obainojazz am truly sorry. pls accept my appology pls. it was a joke na,really and u asked 4 it u knw
*blushing*hehehe....*.checks the time in his gold wrist watch he picked on the floor*...so...can we go out for dinner sometime

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by dagr8oy: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2013
Chiscomax: i swear.. this is youseful.. it is a very youseful artiko. i am happy reeding this because i always shame alot in people thatare many well well. talkino fit sometimes. i af taya well well... seriously. God bless you o OP.. hope nobody will say _____time_____

no disrespect pls...........are u 4rm where?
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 11:38am On Sep 21, 2013
dagr8oy:

no disrespect pls...........are u 4rm where?
he came from the past.....so he is still learning english......lets just encourage him to work harder

2 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by freshblazine(f): 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
Can't we just buy the self confidence in the market smiley #justkidding
Ok now on a serious note, this piece is on point especially for those guyz dat stutter in the process of toasting. wink
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by StepG: 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by StepG: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2013
bbcmike:

Visit www.successimpactlimited..com
Matthew briggs: Quite very useful tips. Moreover adding to the op's tips on building confidence. There are 3 core steps to gaining self confidence. I will use my life experiences to relay them.

1. Build your intellect, Increase your knowledge base - I was once a shy person an extreme introvert, in fact my mum told me when I was little when visitors came around I always ran and hid my self. Lack of self confidence plagued me during my early years.

Until at a very young age I got to stay with a lecturer and everything changed, I had access to this amazing library and an awesome collection of books. I was hungry for knowledge and I therefore read ferociously, My knowledge and intelligence grew tremendously. It boosted my confidence I felt more sure of my self and abilities, I knew I was not empty but carried something very few carried. Till today the hunger for knowledge has never died.

Knowledge is the ultimate self confidence boaster. It helps you stand tall in front of your peers because you know what they don't. I got to understand that every one of us have our insecurities, fears, weakness and imperfections, we are all afraid of something no matter how beautiful, handsome or strong we look. Moreover I learnt that knowledge and intellect is not enough.

2. Look and Act confident :- Been brilliant and knowledgeable is not enough, you've got to let the world know you have strong belief in your self and capabilities. The catch is that I think 70% of human communication is non verbal meaning, people access you based on how you carry your self.

The way you walk, talk, sit and stand . With this new found knowledge, I refined the way I walked, I walk like someone that's on a mission no dragging of my feet or walking like someone who has all the time in the world. I sit like an executive that's in a board meeting, I talk assertively, clearly and intelligently, I look at you in the eyes when I have too. I stand uprightly in firm postures. To pull this off you've got to imagine your self as the CEO of a fortune 500 company or have a role model you look up to. Mine was Apple' s late Steve jobs, Oracle's Larry elision and Obama.

3. Build a track record of achievements, gather some bragging rights - The most surest way to build your confidence is putting yourself out there and doing something that you can look back and pat yourself in the back saying "I did this sh*t". That's nothing that more self assuring than looking back at your achievement it might academical, physical, financial etc. and there they stand speaking for you.

In my case I dared to do stuff others were afraid of, taught my self software's people were scared of and went on to do projects that when I look back during my darkest hours I smile and say to my self " dude you did this".

Self confidence is not a destination but a journey. It a process, a state of mind affected by what you feed your mind with.

I have not achieved hundred percent confidence as I write this, I still have my heart beating fast when am about to make a speech, but I have surely come a long way. I have this unwavering belief in my self and ability to deliver.

#Matthew Briggs
bbcmike:

Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
freshblazine: now on a serious note, this piece is on point especially for those guyz dat stutter in the process of toasting. wink
i cant stutter in frnt of a gal lai lai. Gals even toast me even
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by ignis: 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nice one
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Richchibuzor(m): 3:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
nice one @OP,keep it up!
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by authecosta911(m): 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
u did a gr8 job @OP.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by authecosta911(m): 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
bbcmike:

u did a gr8 job @op
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by femi9naija(m): 8:05am On Sep 22, 2013
Nice one @ OP. I'm saving this for easy reference.

#Matthew Briggs

Mr. Matthew Briggs, I'm inspired by ur story. Will like to contact u.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Cathaliya: 8:15am On Sep 22, 2013
I wonder how one can actually fake confidence,,,,what if put in a tight corner, how do you go about it?
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2013
Cathaliya: I wonder how one can actually fake confidence,,,,what if put in a tight corner, how do you go about it?

Cathaliya it's very easy. If you have mb I highly recommend you watch this Ted video to know how.

http://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are.html
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Cathaliya: 8:38am On Sep 22, 2013
Matthew briggs:

Cathaliya it's very easy. If you have mb I highly recommend you watch this Ted video to know how.

http://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are.html
Which one is if I have mb?
Na elekwanu mkpari n'isi ututu a.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:44am On Sep 22, 2013
Cathaliya:
Which one is if I have mb?
Na elekwanu mkpari n'isi ututu a.

It's not an insult the video is quite large, I was just giving you a heads up. I'm Sorry if I made you feel insulted
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by Matthewbriggs(m): 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
femi9naija: Nice one @ OP. I'm saving this for easy reference.

Mr. Matthew Briggs, I'm inspired by ur story. Will like to contact u.
feel free to send a pm.
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
[quote
author=obainojazz]*blushing*hehehe....*.checks the time in his gold
wrist watch he picked on the floor*...so...can we go out for dinner
sometime[/quote] grin
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
joywendy: grin
you never answer me love cheesy
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 8:36am On Sep 27, 2013
obainojazz: you never answer me love cheesy
I did na
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
joywendy: I did na
hmmmmmm....by shining ur teeth shey
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by joywendy(f): 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
obainojazz: hmmmmmm....by shining ur teeth shey
lol tongue
Re: 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence by obainojazz(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
joywendy: lol tongue
so...that is how you are treating the love i have for you abi..nairaland must hear this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of The Story Of The Boy Rescued From Sealed Wall In Ondo / Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? / What Is The Essence Of This Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.