Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

"Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" (22919 Views)

I'll Like To Change My Tribe To Yoruba- Veteran Actor, Larry Koldsweat / Igbo Is The Most Popular Ethnic Group Outside Nigeria / Translate To Yoruba. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Jenifa1: 4:34am On May 09, 2011
Obiagu1:

You didn't make sense at all. He just told you to write "Igbo" and not "Ibo". Whatever you and your imaginary Igbo friends pronounce is none of our business as a forum like this takes only "writing" not "voice".

plz go and sit down abeg. obviously you didn't read these parts of his posts:

Justcash:

It is "IGBO". With the "GB". Like "AGBO". Even if you cannot pronounce properly, write it correctly.

True. Yet we write "YORUBA" properly.
It is easier for Yoruba people to pronounce "Igbo", than for Igbos to pronounce "Yoruba".
Following stress pattern, the stress is on "YOruba", hence the negligence of the "RUBA" sometimes. But for Igbo, the stress is on "iGBO", which makes the "GB" sound very clear, as in "aGBO", "GBEmiLEKE", "GBEnGA" etc, yet some Yorubas choose "BO", which according to them is how it is written in English.
Talking about English, an English man will never spell Yoruba as "Yoruba". Unless they are corrected, they will spell it as "Yorooba". "Roo" as in "Rookie", "Brook" etc
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 4:35am On May 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

No I would not be bothered enough to create a thread. You're right, my cool swaggrasious Igbo brother ehn.  grin

I created this thread because I was proactive enough to know that a Jobless Yorooba like you would be here to keep me company till my sweetheart finishes from the pool. I also made sure that it is a thread that will reduce your illiteracy. Not so bad, don't you think so?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 4:36am On May 09, 2011
SEFAGO:

^ Na wa oo

This ibo guy get swag no be small. A whole Bacardi for himself. Chei ibo swag pass yorooba swag well well.

Be like say my guy na big boy ooh. Hmm Naija election hustles, so you are involved in ballot box movement business. I hail thee.

Do you think you can get some of his swag?

Even if you have to sell aba made products.

I love men with swag, SEFAGO. Could you pretty plz get some swag.  embarassed
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 4:38am On May 09, 2011
Justcash:

I created this thread because I was proactive enough to know that a Jobless Yorooba like you would be here to keep me company till my sweetheart finishes from the pool. I also made sure that it is a thread that you reduce your illiteracy. Not so bad, don't you think so?

So your sweethart finds swimming in the pool for long hours more entertaining than you?

I'll never leave my SEFAGO for more than a minute. Esp in his skiny dipping suit. cheiii, neva neva neva!! I rebuke it in Je-sos name!
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Jenifa1: 4:42am On May 09, 2011

Contrary to what you think, I am so cool over here. Presently with a bottle of Bacardi, relaxing beside my hotel's pool, watching my angel swim while contributing to this forum.  I am presently in Singapore from Naija election hustles. It is 11:25 am here. If you were me, will you be bothered about anything?
I am  Just used to multi-tasking, hence my urge to keep my finger busy. So don't be deceived that I am bothered one bit about illiterates.

so what do u do for a living? yahooze? polititician? spare business?. . . u dey enjoy sha. 
but pls slow down on the Bacardi abeg. what is d alcohol content? too much multi-tasking is certainly bad for you.

how is singapore?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 4:44am On May 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Lodging in a hotel in another country and watching your spouse swim in the hotel's pool does not indicate swag. It indicates relaxation. That was my point.

Ileke-IdI:

So your sweethart finds swimming in the pool for long hours more entertaining than you?

I'll never leave my SEFAGO for more than a minute. Esp in his skiny dipping suit. cheiii, neva neva neva!! I rebuke it in Je-sos name!

Don't worry, when you marry, you will understand that every hour is not meant for love and sex. You expect her to be beside me, reading Nairaland malicious comments, instead of doing her own thing? Hahahahahaha!
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Jenifa1: 4:46am On May 09, 2011
Justcash:

Lodging in a hotel in another country and watching your spouse swim in the hotel's pool does not indicate swag. It indicates relaxation. That was my point.

Don't worry, when you marry, you will understand that every hour is not meant for love and sex. You expect her to be beside me, reading Nairaland comments, instead of doing her own thing? Hahahahahaha!

right. keep rubbing it in grin
so how old are u again? do you have a mistress?

so what do you mean by "love and sex"? lipsrsealed
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 4:47am On May 09, 2011
Justcash:

Don't worry, when you marry, you will understand that every hour is not meant for love and sex. You expect her to be beside me, reading Nairaland comments, instead of doing her own thing? Hahahahahaha!

Cheeiiii, plz abeg, we all have our own way of showing loff oh.

My own booboo is handcuffed to me as I type on NL. Some of my posts are even his.

Oya relax small small sha. Dont pop veins on NL because of "Ibo" and "Yeriboo" ehn.  wink I was hoping your Igbo brethens could join in so that we can all abuse each other to the morn.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 4:47am On May 09, 2011
Jenifa_:

so what do u do for a living? yahooze? polititician? spare business?. . .  u dey enjoy sha. 
but pls slow down on the Bacardi abeg. what is d alcohol content? too much multi-tasking is certainly bad for you.

how is singapore?

What I do is not your business. Bacardi is not the issue here. Don't deviate from the topic.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 4:49am On May 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Cheeiiii, plz abeg, we all have our own way of showing loff oh.

My own booboo is handcuffed to me as I type on NL. Some of my posts are even his.

Oya relax small small sha. Dont pop veins on NL because of "Ibo" and "Yeriboo" ehn.  wink I was hoping your Igbo brethens could join in so that we can all abuse each other to the morn.

It is IGBO for YORUBA. IBO for YOROOBA. The one you choose will determine the one you will get.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by SEFAGO(m): 4:51am On May 09, 2011
Justcash:

Well, you are right. Igbos are hustlers. Good or Bad. What is Yoroobas known for? Brooding about Igbos taking over the economic affairs of their states? Without Igbos, Yoroobas would be scavenging piles of rubbish for worn out products to use. Look at everything that you have on and ask who imported them. Look at your father and mother, look at everything they own, ask who brought them into the Country. Igbo import fake stuffs because Yoroobas like you are too poor to buy real stuffs. It's simple economics.

Err . . . why this rant?

I told you I love ibo people.

Justcash:

What I do is not your business. Bacardi is not the issue here. Don't deviate from the topic.

jenifa is on to somethin. You made a thread under the influence, and you expect us to take you seriously  grin

For all we know you might be drunk of your rockers  cheesy

Thats why you dont understand that Ibo and Igbo are actually the same. Sober up mate

Ileke-IdI:

Anything for you baby, still working on it. Before you know it we will be in Singapore and I can give you an ibo honeymoon.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 4:52am On May 09, 2011
Justcash:

It is IGBO for YORUBA. IBO for YOROOBA. The one you choose will determine the one you will get.

Ok. So what goes for Hausa when they say Ebos?

So how is Bacardi again? Shouldnt you be swimming with your sweethart? Abi are we on NL more entertaining?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by SEFAGO(m): 4:53am On May 09, 2011
Justcash:

LOL, definitely hammered. Thats why he is so aggressive online.

Man raise your hands, how many fingers do you have?

Been in this situation before so trust me.

Dr SEFAGO (PhD Ogorotherapy, Aba University)
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 4:54am On May 09, 2011
SEFAGO:

Anything for you baby, still working on it. Before you know it we will be in Singapore and I can give you an ibo honeymoon.

Luking forwahd to dat, baybay.
But a Yoruba honeymoon sha. That [b]rocks [/b]more cheesy
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 4:55am On May 09, 2011
or is it Yorooba again?

Lemme check my almanac .
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 4:57am On May 09, 2011
SEFAGO:

Err . . . why this rant?

I told you I love ibo people.

So good to see that a Yorooba like you love Igbos. Cool! Loving Igbo is a privilege to a Yorooba like you anyway.

SEFAGO:

jenifa is on to somethin. You made a thread under the influence, and you expect us to take you seriously  grin

Thats why you dont understand that Ibo and Igbo are actually the same.

Nah, I aint drinking to get high. Igbo and Ibo are different. The first is the real one. the second is insolent when used by a Nigerian that is aware of how wrong it is.

Sorry, I gat to leave you here. Keep looking for trouble.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 4:58am On May 09, 2011
SEFAGO:

LOL, definitely hammered. Thats why he is so aggressive online.

Man raise your hands, how many fingers do you have?

Been in this situation before so trust me.

Dr SEFAGO (PhD Ogorotherapy, Aba University)

LOL! This gat me cracking up.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 5:00am On May 09, 2011
Justcash:

LOL! This gat me cracking up.

I'm a jealous woman. I dont appreciate it when a man makes a flirtatious "giggle" move to my man. Behave. Laugh in another direction, abeg.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Jenifa1: 5:03am On May 09, 2011
Justcash:

ouch i'm sorry o. i was just indulging you since[i] you[/i] brought the topic of your angels, barcadi and singaporean hotel mansions up to the thread.

Ileke-IdI:

O
So how is Bacardi again? Shouldnt you be swimming with your sweethart? Abi are we on NL more entertaining?

no mind the guy. next he will start talking about his fleet of Lamborghini and diamond mines in SA.

what is this topic about again?
oh right. yoruba people cheesy
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 5:07am On May 09, 2011
Me sha, I dey go enjoy my broken down pool grin

adieu! rotflmao @ thread! grin

Kolanuts should now be Colanuts.

@Jenifa

wink
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by SEFAGO(m): 5:09am On May 09, 2011
Jenifa_:

ouch i'm sorry o. i was just indulging you since[i] you[/i] brought the topic of your angels, barcadi and singaporean hotel mansions up to the thread.

no mind the guy. next he will start talking about his fleet of Lamborghini and diamond mines in SA.

oh right. yoruba people cheesy

Yes oo, Ibo James Bond:

My Name is Chukwu, Chukwu Odemigie

The whole scene. Bacardi, Exotic location in Singapore , beautiful women

Wish I had such an imagination when I got drunk.

Thats why I love the ibo
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Jenifa1: 5:16am On May 09, 2011
^ rotflmao @james bond.
don't let him come back to lash at you for misspelling odemigie.
is that even an igbo name or a south south name? lol
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Kilode1: 5:24am On May 09, 2011
SEFAGO:

This cracked me up LOL
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by dayokanu(m): 6:28am On May 09, 2011
SEFAGO:

Yes oo, Ibo James Bond:

Thats why I love the ibo

Sefago are you smoking Igbo ni? Very funny
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 7:06am On May 09, 2011
SEFAGO:

Yes oo, Ibo James Bond:

Thats why I love the ibo

LWKMD! See as a statement about Sipping Bacardi by a pool side in Singapore with my wife has suddenly made me seem like James bond to a Yorooba like you. I Didn't even mention the hotel I am in, and you already know that it is exotic, and that my wife is pretty. You felt it.
Anyway, what is freaking Y'all out about Bacardi, hotel and Swimming pool? If una come know say swimming pool dey my house for una Yorooba land nko? Pathetic bunch of broke asses. Lol!
After una go wan dey compete with Igbos when una no fit hustle to make money and live a good life.
BTW, I felt it was a normal thing for someone to siddon, take rum, watch in wife dey swim. It is not absurd. It is the same thing as taking a bottle of Ogogoro to a stream, take shots of it, while watching your wife swim in the water. Is anything so special about it?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 7:14am On May 09, 2011
Jenifa_:

oh right. yoruba people  cheesy

Is owning a fleet of Lamborghini and diamond mines in SA impossible? The people wey own am get 12 heads? See wetin Poverty and lack of self confidence dey do you? Very pathetic of you.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by bkbabe97y(m): 9:20am On May 09, 2011
HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU SPOT "IBO" IN THIS ARTICLE? NOW, DARE I SAY WE SEEK OUT THE AUTHOR, KIDNAP HIM, AND USE HIM FOR A MONEY MAKING RITUAL ON OUR ANNUAL NEW YAM FESTIVAL?

CNPP backs clamour for zoning of Speaker to S’East
From FRANCIS AWOWOLE-BROWNE, Abuja

Friday, May 6, 2011
The South-east governors bid for the position of speakership for the geo-political zone received a boost yesterday when the Secretary-General, Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP), Chief Willy Ezugwu has lent his voice to the clamour.

advertisement

He said that with the performance of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the zone during the election, there arose the need for the mainstreaming of Ndigbo into the political equation that is playing out in the aftermath of the general elections. Chief Ezugwu noted that “another political crisis looms in the horizon given the acrimonious struggle over zoning, the contentions over the conduct of the elections and the violence-prone outcome of the presidential election with the bickering that is now dominating the sharing of positions.”

In a statement he issued in Abuja, Chief Ezugwu declared support for those demanding that the Speaker of the House of Representatives as the least or minimum position that an Ibo person should occupy in the unfolding political dispensation. Chief Ezugwu, who is also the Vice Chairman-Governing Board of the Save Nigeria Group, warned that, “anything short of the position of Speaker of the House of Representatives for the South-east will further confirm and underscore the agenda of some sections of the country to monopolize the offices of the country under the guise of zoning.”

“In line with the fears expressed in the past by the Igbo Political Forum (IPF) it is becoming glaring that the Jonathan’s Presidency may be harmful to the Ibos if the ongoing clamour over positions is not properly and fairly resolved,” he noted. According to him, “the meddlesomeness of former president, Olusegun Obasanjo with his insinuation that he is insisting on the retention of the current zoning arrangement of the PDP is saddling the Igbos with the unenviable position of the Deputy Senate President, which does not command any significant political power.”

He said he is of the view that in spite of all odds, Ibos supported the Jonathan presidential bid even when it looked doubtful and unviable before his party’s presidential primary and again gave him massive support during the election as evident in the results from the South-east and even in states like Lagos, Kano, Kaduna and others where they ensured massive wins for him despite the stiff challenge he faced from the opposition in such places.

The CNPP chieftain, a former Director-General of the defunct Orji Uzor Kalu presidential Campaign Organisation, challenged President Jonathan to reciprocate the goodwill of the people of the South-east by not only insisting that the Senate presidency or at least the Speaker of House of Representatives must be zoned to the South-east without delay but should also ensure that other vital positions in the executive come to the zone.

Ezugwu said the Ibo people are watching every move made by the President and the PDP on this matter and they will speak out their mind loud and clear when party finally takes a decision on this matter.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/may/6/503.html

Fuxckin homo clowns!!!
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 9:41am On May 09, 2011
^^^

Obviously written by a half-baked Yoruba journalist.

Francis Awowole-brown=Yoruba man

What did you expect?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 9:57am On May 09, 2011
Ibo is ibo atleast that is what people call it. . .Ibo or eebo. whatever.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 10:02am On May 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ibo is ibo atleast that is what people call it. . .Ibo or eebo. whatever.

Yes, most Yorooba people call and write it as Ibo. Not that they don't know that it is Igbo, it is just that those Yorooba people are just too adamant and disrespectful hence their resolve never to call us Igbos. This, I attribute to their wish to exhibit some level of ignorance which actually depicts them as Yoroobatic illiterates.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 10:05am On May 09, 2011
bk.babe97y:

[/b]

Fuxckin homo clowns!!!
Now, from whose mouth did the "Homo" word come out from? BK Male/Babe 97y. I am totally not surprised.
Yorooba people must be very unfortunate to have a bigoted Akata Ga'y' Mofo claiming to be one of them. V'aga'bond grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:18am On May 09, 2011
Justcash:

Yes, most Yorooba people call it Ibo. Not that they don't know that it is Igbo, those Yorooba people are just too adamant and disrespectful hence their resolve never to call us Igbos. This, I attribute to their wish to exhibit some level of ignorance which actually depicts them as Yoroobatic illiterates.

Stop lying. . . i have couple of ibo friends and I have never hear them say anything ''Igbo''.All I hear is ibo. .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Presents Staff Of Office To Alara Of Ilara, Olufolarin Olukayode / Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead / Ooni Ogunwusi With John Mahama In Ghana, Gets Lovely Art Gift On His Ghana Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.