Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? (4669 Views)

Naija Advert That Looks Like A ROCK Music Video / When You Smile - Styl Plus (a Rock(ish) Song) / Looking To Form A Rock Band (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by initiator(m): 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2007
What's a rock concert without a vibing crow responding to guitars, whether hard or soft?

Was wondering if rock artistes coming to naija would be a profitable venture. Which kinda artists d'y'all think would attract that crowd?
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2007
U2 wink
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by iice(f): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2007
In naija? Most likely Linkin Park will generate the heat!
Then Coldplay
Maroon 5
3 doors down

Try throw some other rockers into the mix for shock and fun!
Eg. Marilyn Manson grin
korn grin
Ohhhhh gotta have Metallica kiss
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by OmoEko1(f): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2007
U2 all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by RuuDie(m): 4:32pm On Jul 16, 2007
@ TOPIC,

it is "do-able" . . but you know how naija is, b'4 you can pull this off; you've g'otta to feel the pulse of the majority of the target audience . . . the kin'na songs they adore most, the artistes they're most familiar with and stuffs like that and give 'em that exacto.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by initiator(m): 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2007
But do you all think a concert of U2, coldplay, linkin park in a place like lagos for instance can attract up to 10000?
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by OmoEko1(f): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2007
Yes oh because all this groups you mentioned has a lot of audiences.

And most youth likes linkin park
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by chukky76(m): 6:49am On Jul 17, 2007
where did you guys put staind and evanescence?

successful rock concert i naija

linkin park
evanescence
coldplay
staind
red hot chilli pepers
three doors down
cranberries (if it can be arranged)
maroon five

funny enough i dont like U2 and i know they dont have the universal appeal that true rockers love. i think they lost it a while back.

limp bizkit would be good
marilyn manson for shock value
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by narcissus(m): 11:58am On Jul 17, 2007
I think a rock concert will rock!!! But err, people, people!!!! Where does Nickelback fit into this rock concert? Next to Linkin Park eveanescence and maroon 5, u gotta have them in Naija. And Marylin Manson, You want to start that whole satanic thread going again?
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by funshiba(m): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2007
hey cool topic i think about this all the time, i think i ll be the first person to bring the first naija rock concert to reality, i sleep drink and think rock,
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by smile4kenn(m): 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2007
Rock sucks!!!!

Asians love rocks.

But Rock is not meant for we Africans
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by FBS: 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2007
yeah, it sucks, i feel like its noise making, later they will say hip-hop preaches violence (na jealousy) , rocks definitely sucks
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Banderas(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2007
Nigeria isn't quite a good market for rock, Nigeria is still relatively isolated music wise.

Ken - what do you mean rock isn't meant for Africans? AFRICANS created rock and roll baby!!!
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by FBS: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2007
yes we did but not the type of rock they play today, i cannot afford to listen to ramstein or whats it called? anyway, i hope y'all know that most elvis's song were written and composed by black ppl, thats rock n roll
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by initiator(m): 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2007
@ funshiba, i also think about that too! If u think its doable in the near future, pm me lets just talk more.

I think there's a growing awareness of rock music and its nearing commercial level. Was browsing a local tv station the other day & saw an ad about a rock tv show with a wannabe gothic chic as host. On radio too a pal referd me 2 a rock show - the consciousness is swelling.

But what of a good venue? Acoustics rock best in open spaces.

Then i heard this naija rock band. They sang 'nepa bring the light'.

Smile4kenn d'u remember chidi_festac?
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2007
Doubt it would pull a crowd

Maybe a thousand people

would not be profitable

even the concerts that are held in Nigeria are not exactly running over with people
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by RuuDie(m): 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2007
It'd be profitble. . . Loads of publicity, keep d price a4dable, get d very familiar bands 2 do all 'em familiar hits & u got 1 helluva party!
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by zPixel(m): 7:42pm On Jul 17, 2007
if Marilyn Mansion and Slipknot will be present, i'll definitely show up and i know enough people will.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by gidig(m): 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2007
Rock? Nigerians? There is a difference btw appreciating it because MTv shows it and actually liking it.I think if you can put guns to the majority of people's head, they will fill the hall.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by initiator(m): 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2007
I think the 1st of such concerts would have to experimental-promotional. Sure the rock dudes would be ready to rock @ a promotional fee.

At those who think rock music isnt liked in naija, well dunno how much you expect peeps to like a genre than going out to actually BUY rock CDs.

Lil wonder most cd pirates are selling lots of rock cds ON THE STREETS, not in fancy stores.

Guess the best way 2 know rock's acceptance should sample the views of cd retailers.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by JustGood(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2007
yeye

who want listen to all the yeye noise for naija?

e be like say when una reach abroad, una dey forget the kind people wey we be for naija. How many people tell you say dem sabi who be linkin park? Linkin park ko, leaking garage ni. Who be cold player?

una too dey misyan sef
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by spikedcylinder: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2007
JustGood:

yeye

who want listen to all the yeye noise for naija?

e be like say when una reach abroad, una dey forget the kind people wey we be for naija. How many people tell you say them sabi who be linkin park? Linkin park ko, leaking garage ni. Who be cold player?

una too dey misyan sef

VERY FUNNY!!! I agree with you though. Nigeria is a national anthem kind of country when it comes to music. Majority of the people here just want music that is mainstream aka R n B and hip hop. You cannot expect to pull the kind of crowd that an Usher concert will pull with U2.

If you are serious about the concert though, i looooooooooooooooooove rock music! Think you can find a place for Nine Inch Nails somewhere there?
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 17, 2007
No chance in HELL!! angry
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2007
im a rock fan, but duuudes. its not goin 2 work. in nig?? agbero go come listen 2 u2? grin
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Caradona(f): 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2007
@ TOPIC

Where do you hope to hold this Rock concert. Ajegunle or Moroko?
I've been to one of those Rock Concerts and everybody danced like as if they're possessed by a demon
even some White people hate that Devil's music. yuk!!!! tongue
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 17, 2007
since when did rock becom the devils music?? or did u make it the devils music??
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Mima(f): 2:21am On Jul 18, 2007
Abeg help me ask her oh! Una don start with this fanatism tongue
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by swing4real(m): 5:41am On Jul 18, 2007
sure it is the devil music abi una no get idea? It will never work in 9ja i know.So dont waste ur resources trying to promote it.Alot of Africans are not into rock n roll it is not our thing so abeg make u leave am for them to continue with thier demonic music
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by Mustay(m): 6:51am On Jul 18, 2007
they cant
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by RuuDie(m): 7:17am On Jul 18, 2007
It'll be successfl in d long run!
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by RuuDie(m): 7:19am On Jul 18, 2007
The fan base is rapidly growing this side of d globe.
Re: Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? by narcissus(m): 8:36am On Jul 18, 2007
initiator:

I think the 1st of such concerts would have to experimental-promotional. Sure the rock dudes would be ready to rock @ a promotional fee.

At those who think rock music isnt liked in naija, well don't know how much you expect peeps to like a genre than going out to actually BUY rock CDs.

Lil wonder most cd pirates are selling lots of rock cds ON THE STREETS, not in fancy stores.

Guess the best way 2 know rock's acceptance should sample the views of cd retailers.

Word!!! That'll be the way forward. Test the waters and if it rocks cool, if not, drat!

@ all rock haters and preachers of the demonic gospel. Please, there is only as much satan in rock as there is in hip hop. It's a bloody genre. Are you aware that HYMNS are also sung to the devil? Spiritual essence is not generic. I listen to rock (not all rockers of course) and all the satan i see in it is probably in your fervid imagination. And let's not go into the extreme negativism of hip hop and where it has led the black community in America today. WORD!!!

A rock concert in Nigeria: lots of faith and guts man. This anti-satan people might just come to beat up all the attendees to the concert.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

please help (song my sweetie) / P-square Feat. Akon & May-d - Chop My Money (remix) [listen & Download] / 5 Ways To Market Your Music To New Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.