Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

How To Cure Apollo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Cure Apollo (146750 Views)

How To Cure Apollo Eye Problem / Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cure Apollo by johndavid1(m): 10:00am On May 09, 2011
Pls anybody with a vital information on how to cure Apollo should help me out cos its really disturbing plsssssssssssssssss embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Muzicphem(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2011
the only cure is ur urine

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Cure Apollo by VALIDATOR: 1:53pm On May 10, 2011
No drug can cure it yet. You can only control its intensity by controlling the amount of sunlight your eyes take in. The lesser the light the better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cure Apollo by MMM2(m): 1:58pm On May 10, 2011
a drop of urine in ur eye.
Re: How To Cure Apollo by ziccoit: 2:02pm On May 10, 2011
Appolo is a name given to "red eye" the causes which are many but majorly of infectious origin. When the eye becomes inflamed due to this it is called conjunctivitis. Apollo which usually at epidemic level especially in W. Africa is called viral conjunctivitis

TREATMENT:
Prevention is the key, always wash your hand and avoid poking finger into you eyes

Usually no treatment is required for viral conjunctivitis

The danger is use of harmful traditional medicines, which may make the eye worse. Like urine( as stated above), petrol, kerosine etc

**[/b]Wash the eyes with clean water or normal saline (drip water )

Apply antibiotic topically at least every 2hrs. Chloramphenicol will be okay here

Antibiotic is just to prevent bacterial super infection which could be worse

See your doctor if the condition gets worse

[b]** Very important.

11 Likes

Re: How To Cure Apollo by dave2(m): 2:17pm On May 10, 2011
Use Chloramphenicol Eye Drops

1 Like

Re: How To Cure Apollo by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 10, 2011
M M M:

a drop of urine in your eye.

All this village people self with their village believes,

@ Poster, Go and see a doctor, he or she will prescribe drugs for you

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Cure Apollo by oluking: 2:35pm On May 10, 2011
Appolo is a name given to "red eye" the causes which are many but majorly of infectious origin. When the eye becomes inflamed due to this it is called conjunctivitis. Apollo which usually at epidemic level especially in W. Africa is called viral conjunctivitis

TREATMENT:
Prevention is the key, always wash your hand and avoid poking finger into you eyes

Usually no treatment is required for viral conjunctivitis

The danger is use of harmful traditional medicines, which may make the eye worse. Like urine( as stated above), petrol, kerosine etc

**Wash the eyes with clean water or normal saline (drip water )

Apply antibiotic topically at least every 2hrs. Chloramphenicol will be okay here

Antibiotic is just to prevent bacterial super infection which could be worse

See your doctor if the condition gets worse

** Very important.
yes this all the information you need

3 Likes

Re: How To Cure Apollo by goody06(f): 2:55pm On May 10, 2011
ziccoit[quote][/quote] you ar right
that is d best application 4 nw
Re: How To Cure Apollo by akpanbaba: 3:03pm On May 10, 2011
Send the following items before i tell you how to cure Apollo.
1 one he-goat
2 one jar of palmwine
3 one vulture head with two eyes intact
4 5 tubers of yam
5 5k

3 Likes

Re: How To Cure Apollo by KAYD007(m): 3:08pm On May 10, 2011
make u go use Akamu water left over nite  wash ur face jor, i tell ya the apollo will be sent bac to the moon. cool
Re: How To Cure Apollo by sylve11: 3:13pm On May 10, 2011
akpanbaba:

Send the following items before i tell you how to cure Apollo.
1 one he-goat
2 one jar of palmwine
3 one vulture head with two eyes intact
4 5 tubers of yam
5 5k

bros, i beg wise na. . . sad cool

4 Likes

Re: How To Cure Apollo by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 10, 2011
apollo have no cure

1 Like

Re: How To Cure Apollo by eridah2007(m): 3:15pm On May 10, 2011
I think there's an antibiotic eyes-drop that cure Apollo
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 10, 2011
sylve11:

bros, i beg wise na. . . sad cool

lwkmd, grin
Re: How To Cure Apollo by honeric01(m): 3:39pm On May 10, 2011
odiaero:

All this village people self with their village believes,

@ Poster, Go and see a doctor, he or she will prescribe drugs for you

Oga bongito, i am waiting for ya o, when did you become a medical adviser? let them use goat urine for it if they like!
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 10, 2011
eridah2007:

I think there's an antibiotic eyes-drop that cure Apollo

I wonder who is saying urine here
Re: How To Cure Apollo by drgica74: 3:59pm On May 10, 2011
Epidemic viral conjunctivitis, otherwise called apollo is a viral infection which is prevalent during the dry harmattan season.

Usually viral infections are self limiting, meaning they run their natural course and stop. However we can manage the symptoms to give the patient a relief while the course lasts.

Early Periodsad No eye discharge, only redness and pain) You can use topical steroid ( Eye drop) containing %1 hydrocortisone or Betamatasone.

Later period: (Eye discharge) Once there is purulent eye discharge, then know that there is secondary bacterial infection, so you can now use a combination of topical antibiotics and steroid( weak steroid only--hydrocortisone).

In all, avoid direct light
clean each eye separately from the other.(to avoid cross infection)
add analgesic

I think this may help. Dr Gica

5 Likes

Re: How To Cure Apollo by Oddities: 4:00pm On May 10, 2011
This apollo wan kill me oo,noticed it this morning, o ti pa mi oooo

1 Like

Re: How To Cure Apollo by Odunnu: 4:14pm On May 10, 2011
LWKMD!
Two weeks ago, a colleague of mine had apollo and was given some days off, few days later two others contacted it and they left too yesterday 4 of my colleagues have reported infected and asking to stay off work and the manager refused!
I never knew I had very high immunity against ths kinda infections
Re: How To Cure Apollo by Ekpoma1: 4:18pm On May 10, 2011
Why are you so bothered about it? After all is not going to be there forever. At least give it 4/5days is gone. So kini big deal?
Re: How To Cure Apollo by md4real(m): 4:35pm On May 10, 2011
just wear your shades and it will go, been while how did you contact it? na only stingy people for my place dey get apolo o

1 Like

Re: How To Cure Apollo by matiltomd(f): 4:43pm On May 10, 2011
My sis had it way back and she was advised to use breast milk but she couldn't get(I ain't sure of its potency though), She ended up using water and sugar, Get a clean bowl and pour little water,add little sugar to it and make sure it dissolves entirely, Make sure your hands are clean before administering it to your eyes though, I guarantee you,after 2days,you should be good, Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: How To Cure Apollo by sley4life(m): 4:57pm On May 10, 2011
the fastest cure is insert ur urine inside ur eyes. No need 2 visit the doc.
Re: How To Cure Apollo by sley4life(m): 5:00pm On May 10, 2011
KAYD007:

make u go use Akamu water left over nite  wash your face jor, i tell ya the apollo will be sent bac to the moon. cool
is that true?pls confirm so i can use it 4 my patient in the hsp
Re: How To Cure Apollo by 234GT(m): 5:02pm On May 10, 2011
Apollo really has no cure. It will worry you for some days and leave you alone. Using urine will only worsen it. I have used urine before, but now, I know better grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Cure Apollo by vincent10(m): 5:13pm On May 10, 2011
comedian plenty pass doctor 4 this thread. I want to know why.

1 Like

Re: How To Cure Apollo by AYOGHANDI: 5:18pm On May 10, 2011
Ampiclox capsules 250mg 2 capsules thrice daily, if it's 500mg one cap thrice daily for 7 days. Chloraphenicol or Visine eye drops will stop the redness

1 Like

Re: How To Cure Apollo by tankwa: 5:28pm On May 10, 2011
APOLLO has no cure
PREVENTION IS THE KEY. Guy forget about anti biotics and eye drops. Once you have it, it must last for 3 to 4 days before it heals.
To avoid contacting it,bros avoid eye contact with your hands.Appllo is a contagious disease.
If you shake hand with a carrier , pls wash your hands
if yu touch what he has torched, wash you hands.
It is not COMMUNICABLE.
It must come into contact with yua eyes bf yu are affected.

1 Like

Re: How To Cure Apollo by easyimj: 5:44pm On May 10, 2011
na for nairaland u want treat apollo? ok just simple "remove the eye n it goes with apollo"

1 Like

Re: How To Cure Apollo by Natasha2(f): 6:02pm On May 10, 2011
[s]huh person still dey get apollo for this may [/s] grin grin my dear don't listen to urine this sh it that mess here . go to the pharmacy to get an eye drop CHLORAMPHENICOL to be precise. it won't last more than 3-5 days though so you no need to worry. I had it too last december grin grin painful, red and swollen eyes jeez its so not good and duh its so communicable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Is "Safe Period?" / Can Watery Eyes Mean Cancer? / New York, Epicenter Of U.S. COVID-19 Outbreak (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.