Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? (3606 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Buhari's US Visit: His Son, Yusuf, And 32 Others Make His Entourage - ThisDay / Governor Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shoki At APC Rally In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by kajad(m): 11:25am On May 10, 2011
I went to visit my friend over the weekend.

He congratulated me on the great change in Imo State and then asked me a question that left me short for words. It began like this “your Governor Elect Rochas Okorocha is a great philanthropist with schools for the indigent in almost all the geo political zones in Nigeria” “yes” I answer. Then he asked “Apart from building the schools, how does he get the fund to, maintain, feed, and clothe the pupils including buying of books and salaries to teachers?” while I was pondering over this; He continued “I can relate with Dangote, Otedola or Mike Adenuga. What industry does Rochas have, how did he make his money?” I thought for a while and reminded him that Rochas has a big hotle in Abuja called La Monde. He corrected me that the hotel is a recent acquisition of 2008. That is where I ran short of words……, Will someone help me get my goove back pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Please Note that I came across this on FB and it got me wondering too. Can someone give us the answers?

Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by Natasha2(f): 11:33am On May 10, 2011
that's right, I have wondered about this my self though I didn't really take it seriuosly so I didn't bother asking anyone hopefully I guess someone would know and spread the knowledge cheesy well the good thing is He is a philanthropist at least he's doing something great and something I aspire to do cheesy
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by aloyemeka2: 11:37am On May 10, 2011
Rochas is a fed contractor and he also owns a haulage company.
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by Natasha2(f): 11:48am On May 10, 2011
okay cheesy
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by cantell(m): 12:06pm On May 10, 2011
Rochas has been with the government for a while and we all know what you stand to gain, when you have ties with the Nigerian government.
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by KnowAll(m): 12:16pm On May 10, 2011
Custodian of Imo State treasury tongue na go hear wen, when the man finnish with una!!
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by Rhino5dm: 12:20pm On May 10, 2011
He supplied the cements that virtually build Abuja.
From Gwarinppa. NNPC towers, . . .
Infact the guy is broke considering the number of estate he had in Abuja like ten years ago. His money is PURE and CLEAN. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by kajad(m): 12:27pm On May 10, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Rochas is a fed contractor and he also owns a haulage company.

Okay, The biggest value contract government gives is Road Construction. Does he have a company in the neighborhood of Julius Berger?
A Haulage Company, good, a Fedex or DHL sized one?.  Can that fund and keep at least 4 boarding schools completely free in every way?
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by kajad(m): 12:30pm On May 10, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Infact the guy is broke considering the number of estate he had in Abuja like ten years ago. His money is PURE and CLEAN. Thanks

Did you say supplied or manufactured?
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by adconline(m): 1:25pm On May 10, 2011
He is a professional Naija politician like PDP moneybags. He supplied ALGON jeeps to Naija Police Force some years ago.
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by Rhino5dm: 2:10pm On May 10, 2011
What's with your reading upside down?

kajad:

Did you say supplied or manufactured?

1 Like

Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by otokx(m): 4:33pm On May 10, 2011
This is a big question
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by macjive01: 6:16pm On May 10, 2011
How does WHO make this money the distribute to every hospital n drug researchers?
Rochas has a charity foundation, a very genuine one that has track record surpassing the govern education system.
Every rich man out there who is thinks abt third world education wud at the end directly or indirectly pass down money to the foundation. Becos amongst all, it's genuine.

Ford foundation is a very known supporter of rochas foundation.

Bill n melida gate foundation has 1billion for 3rd world eduction, from that if rochas foundation gets 1%, no be hammer? Plus Na aboki go still change the dollars.

Rochas amongst everything is a good man with a generous heart, if u see the standard of these his schools man! U will beginning to understand why he is loved so much.

2 Likes

Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by chiozor: 6:24pm On May 10, 2011
I like Rochas but from all responses here I have not seen anything that should warrant such expensive philantrophic gestures
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by fatherab1: 6:35pm On May 10, 2011
He has so many real estate properties especially in Abuja. i will up load some of his estates here if I have the chance and you go marvel. the Guy is stinckingly rich.

1 Like

Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by Abagworo(m): 11:01am On May 12, 2015
Expect more
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by gebest: 11:14am On May 12, 2015
Through give and take.
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by gebest: 11:20am On May 12, 2015
macjive01:
How does WHO make this money the distribute to every hospital n drug researchers?
Rochas has a charity foundation, a very genuine one that has track record surpassing the govern education system.
Every rich man out there who is thinks abt third world education wud at the end directly or indirectly pass down money to the foundation. Becos amongst all, it's genuine.

Ford foundation is a very known supporter of rochas foundation.

Bill n melida gate foundation has 1billion for 3rd world eduction, from that if rochas foundation gets 1%, no be hammer? Plus Na aboki go still change the dollars.

Rochas amongst everything is a good man with a generous heart, if u see the standard of these his schools man! U will beginning to understand why he is loved so much.
but hated by his people.
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by focus7: 11:33am On May 12, 2015
KnowAll:

Custodian of Imo State treasury tongue na go hear wen, when the man finnish with una!!
you live in ignorance, Rochas has been in money I think ever since military era. I learnt he's also into oil business.
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by BlackTechnology: 11:40am On May 12, 2015
Good question cheesy
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by Nkemtreasure: 12:55pm On May 12, 2015
The man WAS rich but started coming down after the OBJ era. Close family sources and friends have even stated openly that he sold many of his properties when he was contesting elections in 2011. He was BROKE.
HOW IS HE MAKING HIS MONEY?
As a governor, he has access to any amount he wants. The Lemond hotel in OWERRI was a wreck but immediately he came on board, the place received LIFE. A coincidence? Well......
Roche was a company that I never knew was into construction but a manufacturer of drugs. This company became a road construction company in Imo State and also bought up ADAPALM, were palm oil was produced. This place was sold for #3.2b. The money was to be used to build new primary schools in all wards in the state. Good move. But when the EFCC was probing the SEBEC fund, it was reported that the SEBEC fund, which was from the FG was what was used to build the schools. So the question remains, where is the #3.2b paid for ADAPALM? Probably another Coincidence.
Was passing through Concord Hotel just on Saturday night and discovered that the place had no light because EEDC / NEPA no give us light. But this is Concord, where the generators are always working...... Probably it was a coincidence that I was passing through when they were trying to put on the gen, abi watin I go talk?
Wondering how he makes his money now?
ISOPADEC, (like Imo NDDC) gets about #1.4b from FG monthly, but the law setting them up gives 60%to the state, while 40% is for ISOPADEC. Do the maths. Less than #90m gets to ISOPADEC monthly and for the balance of the 60%, it's unaccountable. This is over 900m monthly from ISOPADEC alone.
Have you ever wondered how he built his SPILBAT estate in less than two years and while he is in office? Remember no public servant is expected to run any private business while in office. So the story of he has other businesses don't hold water. Why didn't he build it when he wasn't in office? Why was his hotels and foundation buildings in bad shape before he entered office? Let's not be sentimental about this, I'm no politician but just have to say it the way I see it. I may be wrong about my facts, but if anyone can educate me better with right facts, I'll be glad. Pls no insults. Let's educate our minds.
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by Chiaka(f): 1:16pm On May 12, 2015
If you cannot give when you have little you cannot also give reasonably when you have much.......

Rochas does not need to have as much as Dangote to be a philanthropist. Its simply a thing of the mind and conscience
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by ahaz: 1:45pm On May 12, 2015
Rhino5dm:
ha-ha my friends shut dat soak away u call mouth how many bags of cement will he supply dat Wil give hm such wealth and besides if u talk of cement suppliers apart frm dangote nd ibeto u talk of yinka folawiyo and azeez aresekola dis re d guys ibb nd abacha used wey Bk in abj supply while nzeribe supplied armo for ecomog so were Rochas. If u must know Rochas na jege man and him area na humanitarian that's what give him prominence frm their to national president red cross nija before hm join politics
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 12, 2015
As Chairman, Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA)
Rochas was appointed to this strategic position in November 2010 by the then president Obasanjo. Then in February 2011 (i.e., within 3 months), Rochas was sacked for "interfering with contract procedure and the inflation of the contract value for the supply of Radar...". In fact, that was the swiftest sack of a time and the president was so irked and scandalized by the condescending conduct of Rochas that the statement by the Special Adviser to the president on media and publicity only came short of calling Rochas a common thief.
Rochas company was also indicted by the Senate during OBJ time for abandoning a road contract after collecting over a N100 million naira from the road.
How did he get the money?All I hear he has an estate,a private jet, a hotel,the question is where did he get the money if not from corruption such as inflating contracts and abandoning projects after collecting 100% mobilization.
In other countries such as Holland,UK,Canada,Australia,Germany,USA you don't get as rich through being a Federal Contractor like Nigeria because of corruption through inflating contracts and abandoning projects. Can any of you mention any individual in any of this countries that became stupendously rich from goverment contracts?
[size=16pt]Can Rochas Okorocha publish his tax receipt for the last 20 years to justify his wealth was'nt acquired through corruption?[/size]
Re: What Industry Does Rochas Have, How Did He Make His Money? by zimoni(f): 2:39pm On May 12, 2015
This is serious. cool cool cool lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Nigerian Islamist Leader Defends Attacks in Youtube statement / Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja / I Am GLAD That Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.