Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris (46933 Views)

Itsekiris Finally Discard 1979 Edict Insist That They Are Yorubas Not Bini / Ohafia War Dance Of The Ohafia People / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Efewestern: 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
Every ethnic group in the Delta have got some kind of unique and weird dance. Some months back, I made a thread about the power dance of the Urhobo people, today, we will be having a look at the fire dance of the Itsekiri people of Delta State.

The fire dance is a supernatural dance by the Ajagbugbu group that involves stepping and dancing on burning fire without getting burnt.

The dance is presented on special occasions, like the burial of an OLU or the crowning of a new king.

Watch the video below:
https://web.facebook.com/476829076028289/videos/1130790027399227

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Efewestern: 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2021

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by illicit(m): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
Ok

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by OBALOLA55(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
HOW COME THIS AJA-OGBUGBU IS NOT PRACTICED IN YORUBA LAND

I THOUGHT YORUBAS AND ITSEKIRIANS ARE BRETHRENsad

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF AJA-OGBUGBU IN YORUBA LINGUA grin

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by MightyEmperor: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
I think say na only okere juju sheke people dey dance, them still dey worship sango too?

6 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by OBALOLA55(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2021
jrjfjfj:
Your Stupidity follows you everywhere,Just like your body odour.And now your stupid self will claim that you are Yoruba .F*ck Nyamiris angry
YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED IN SAYING NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING angry

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by descarado: 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2021
I think they rub something on their bodies.

5 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by OBALOLA55(m): 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
jrjfjfj:
Your Stupidity follows you everywhere,Just like your body odour.And now your stupid self will claim that you are Yoruba .F*ck Nyamiris angry
STOP CRYING ABDUL FULANI, IT WASN’T MY FAULT THAT MY DAD MARRIED A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN FROM IPETUMODU, OSUN STATE. YOU CAN NEVER DENY ME MY YORUBANESS.

I ONLY ATTACK YOUR MASTERS, I MEAN FULANI HERD TERRORISTS ON HERE

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 13, 2021
OBALOLA55:

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by fratermathy(m): 2:26am On Jul 14, 2021
Efewestern:
Every ethnic group in the Delta have got some kind of unique and weird dance. Some months back, I made a thread about the power dance of the Urhobo people, today, we will be having a look at the fire dance of the Itsekiri people of Delta State.

The fire dance is a supernatural dance by the Ajagbugbu group that involves stepping and dancing on burning fire without getting burnt.

The dance is presented on special occasions, like the burial of an OLU or the crowning of a new king.

Oniovo, do you have the video? I find this cultural display deeply interesting.

I also wonder how they do it. There must be a scientific reason for this, or at least an explanation (logical or not). Even if its "supernatural", I'm curious about its mechanism.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Efewestern: 6:04am On Jul 14, 2021
fratermathy:

Currently do not have the video, but I'll ask a friend who was at the week long display by various groups.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Efewestern: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2021
fratermathy:

I just got the video, you can stream via the FB link below. It's one hour long but major display started at 10-20minutes.

https://web.facebook.com/476829076028289/videos/1130790027399227

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by CelestineNelson: 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Shey the fire fit roast corn.?

5 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Attahiruss: 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
I would have said no cap but this is captivating
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by CapitalHYC(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
grin
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by whela(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
No be juju be that?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Skoonheid(f): 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ni ba oritse sanguwe da mogbe oma a wa gbo oma.

My people. A people to be proud of.

3 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Obudupikin: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
OBALOLA55:

Don't start.

3 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Etinosa1234: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
Graphical representation of You are playing with Fire

Its like it doesn't hurt that much
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by EddyNumerouno(m): 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
the only fire dancer I know

5 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by KingDash: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
firelords
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Trigres: 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
cool
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by SonyaSpence: 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Antoeni(m): 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
I stand with this kind of Biafra girl

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Cerebellum: 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
Previously on Supernaturalgrin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Ihutomi: 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
Na who whe no get choice the follow juju

3 Likes

Re: The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Happy Birthday' In Igbo? / Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi And Her Beautiful Friends / Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.