Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,944 members, 7,799,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? - Fashion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? (38773 Views)

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) / Why Do Black Ladies Fix Contact Lens? / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:14pm On May 16, 2011
^You are ignorant. All you have written about hair attachments is out of ignorance.

You ask me if I can't use my brains cells?No, I like to save it for when I am having intellectual conversations with people,I usually dumb it down for people like you so you can understand me. Will all the dumbing down I have done, you still cannot grasp what I wrote.
I think you should ask your self "why am I not using my braincells, to atleast look smart? ".

I personally think that you have an inferior complexity towards white people.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by microgint: 4:15pm On May 16, 2011
10cirenoh:

Your head must be leaking to think that you made any constructive argument there, wetin concern me with nicki minaj and all them yeye celebrities u're naming? are you a celebrity? what bleep sake, some Nigerian girls need their head checked, why should you always want to compare yourself with celebs and not average people out there? celebs mostly help these fake products producers advertise their wears brainwashing airheaded women (mostly Africans) into thinking they can't be complete without these fake armors, CAN'T YOU USE YOUR BRAINCELLS? you are really annoying people with a working brain.

Dang!  Are you nikick or wetin u call am? why trying to be her or dress like her when you aren't her?

Una be complete wannables.

FYI: I don't have to prove to you that i have got a girl, very beautiful, i knew her when she was VERY young (when she was all natural) but now that she's growing up, she thinks joining other brainwashed girls in wearing fake shits is the big deal.

Inferiority complex is the only thing that makes you want to always look like others and not yourself!

200% Correct
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:24pm On May 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Hey love, Where have you been you know I've missed you soo much

was busy getting fake nails, fake eyes, fake nose, fake teeth, fake hair, fake yansh and fake lashes

I'm now fly cool
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:26pm On May 16, 2011
lool
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 10cirenoh: 4:26pm On May 16, 2011
kandiikane:

^You are ignorant. All you have written about hair attachments is out of ignorance.

You ask me if I can't use my brains cells?No, I like to save it for when I am having intellectual conversations with people,I usually dumb it down for people like you so you can understand me. Will all the dumbing down I have done, you still cannot grasp what I wrote.
I think you should ask your self "why am I not using my braincells, to atleast look smart? ".

I personally think that you have an inferior complexity towards white people.
Wetin u get for head before wey you wan talk? i just dey look u blab for nothing, is Beyonce and some of the names u mentioned, are they oyinbo too? u can't even be yourself, why must a celeb's appearance dictates to u how a you should look?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:28pm On May 16, 2011
^the fact that naija boys with their posing wth new phones and other technology when they can barely pay their rent whining about what women do is hilarious to me.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:30pm On May 16, 2011
@10cirenoh,

You take it that black women are trying to be something they are not(white), I believe you have an inferior complex towards them.

I have nothing more to say to you. I have dumbed down too much for you, my intellectual brains cells are straining.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 10cirenoh: 4:34pm On May 16, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

^the fact that naija boys with their posing wth new phones and other technology when they can barely pay their rent whining about what women do is hilarious to me.

Say something new jor, u wan try the laptop wey i dey use? i have more than 3 internet providers at my disposal, you think say i be one of those boiz abi?

Maybe you can help us answer these questions:

What is the essence of putting on

Fake eyelashes?
Padded bra and panties
Fake nails and fingers?
Fake hair and all that?

To achieve what in particular?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by honeric01(m): 4:35pm On May 16, 2011
10cirenoh:

Your head must be leaking to think that you made any constructive argument there, wetin concern me with nicki minaj and all them yeye celebrities u're naming? are you a celebrity? what bleep sake, some Nigerian girls need their head checked, why should you always want to compare yourself with celebs and not average people out there? celebs mostly help these fake products producers advertise their wears brainwashing airheaded women (mostly Africans) into thinking they can't be complete without these fake armors, CAN'T YOU USE YOUR BRAINCELLS? you are really annoying people with a working brain.

Dang!  Are you nikick or wetin u call am? why trying to be her or dress like her when you aren't her?

Una be complete wannables.

FYI: I don't have to prove to you that i have got a girl, very beautiful, i knew her when she was VERY young (when she was all natural) but now that she's growing up, she thinks joining other brainwashed girls in wearing fake shits is the big deal.

Inferiority complex is the only thing that makes you want to always look like others and not yourself!

Young man, tone down on your insults, haba, who teach u how to cuss abi u wan make i tell them to ban u?

U're making sense and i can see that you just want yours to look like mine, but never to worry, she's going to finally succumb as long as mine can successfully make her hair the toast of the town (doing that already). cool
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:36pm On May 16, 2011
Why would you need three internet providers? Can't one provide for the whole house? To achieve what exactly?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 10cirenoh: 4:39pm On May 16, 2011
kandiikane:

@10cirenoh,

You take it that black women are trying to be something they are not(white), I believe you have an inferior complex towards them.

I have nothing more to say to you. I have dumbed down too much for you, my intellectual brains cells are straining.

Just tell us it hurts your fingers to type the rubbish you have been typing, when i said fake hair, did i put any option? I can recall that i used "women" and "Nigerian women" concurrently, that's to show you that i ain't talking about some whites or some black shitz, I am for the Nigerian women because they are the ones in my constituency, if beyonce like make him wear horsetail, na her problem, but for you lot to use them as a yardstick to why you should also wear what they wear, menn una just need cane.

Una just no get anything upstairs, thats why most of una like to portray your fake self to attract men, must you look fakish to catch real men? you have something upstairs, you'd realize that all a man needs (real man o) is a woman who's entirely herself anytime anyday!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by honeric01(m): 4:41pm On May 16, 2011
Well, for the real women who truly want to know how to grow your real hair, you can check this thread, it's been of a great help to my missy.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-201168.192.html
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:41pm On May 16, 2011
Try that again in English
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 10cirenoh: 4:43pm On May 16, 2011
honeric01:

Young man, tone down on your insults, haba, who teach u how to cuss abi u wan make i tell them to ban u?

U're making sense and i can see that you just want yours to look like mine, but never to worry, she's going to finally succumb as long as mine can successfully make her hair the toast of the town (doing that already). cool
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed sad
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:44pm On May 16, 2011
you are straining my brain cells.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 10cirenoh: 4:50pm On May 16, 2011
kandiikane:

you are straining my brain cells.
ThiefOfHearts:

Try that again in English

Its not too late for both of you, my Big bro just helped you both with a thread that talks about how to grow your real hair (that's if you still have any left).

Notice: That thread is totally useless to any vulture looking girls out there, you must have at least a stand of hair on your head to be able to grow any real hair ok? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:53pm On May 16, 2011
^^Did I tell you I am actually a natural.
I will still defend weave wearers.

Anyways, you have not answered my question, why do you need three internet providers in your house? Are you pretending?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 10cirenoh: 5:02pm On May 16, 2011
kandiikane:

^^Did I tell you I am actually a natural.
I will still defend weave wearers.

Anyways, you have not answered my question, why do you need three internet providers in your house? Are you pretending?

I can see you're typing from the phone, oh sorry, anyways it's good to know you still have some natural hair left.

I am only going to answer your questions if you answer mine:

Fake eyelashes?
Padded bra and panties
Fake nails and fingers?
Fake hair and all that?

To achieve what in particular?

Deal? undecided
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by honeric01(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2011
I think you girls should also read this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-395579.32.html
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by dayokanu(m): 5:07pm On May 16, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

was busy getting fake nails, fake eyes, fake nose, fake teeth, fake hair, fake yansh and fake lashes

I'm now fly cool

Wow. I think I would like the new you. Did you get fake bo00bs too plus Hymen regeneration?

Now can we go on vacation?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:10pm On May 16, 2011
honeric01:

Well, for the real women who truly want to know how to grow your real hair, you can check this thread, it's been of a great help to my missy.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-201168.192.html

Tips that might work for one might not work for another. After all hair length/growth is mainly due to geneti9cs. Most you can do on your own is have HEALTHY hair. One of the reasons why Oprah and such have nice hair is due to hidng her real hair under weaves while the "fake hair" s the one that underwent heat, pulling into buns, all other destructive factors, at the end of the day when it's removed, her true hair is nice and healthy. Gabrielle Union does the same. she recently showed her real hair on twitter, despte all her "evbil fake hair" she has a lovely head of hair underneath. Women have the right to do their hair as they wish, only thing I have a problem wth s those who dont wash their hair in the name of "destroying the style"

To be honest this snt a discussion one should be having with men anyway, why guys feel the need to discuss this is beyond me. Homosexuality is becoming rampant in Naija sha
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:12pm On May 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Wow. I think I would like the new you. Did you get fake bo00bs too plus Hymen regeneration?

Now can we go on vacation?

you are confusing me with alhajas.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On May 16, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

you are confusing me with alhajas.

naaahhh

Not confusing you with anyone, I see you in my dreams daily.

Now lets do something more fun than arguing on NL
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by honeric01(m): 5:26pm On May 16, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Tips that might work for one might not work for another. After all hair length/growth is mainly due to geneti9cs. Most you can do on your own is have HEALTHY hair. One of the reasons why Oprah and such have nice hair is due to hidng her real hair under weaves while the "fake hair" s the one that underwent heat, pulling into buns, all other destructive factors, at the end of the day when it's removed, her true hair is nice and healthy. Gabrielle Union does the same. she recently showed her real hair on twitter, despte all her "evbil fake hair" she has a lovely head of hair underneath. Women have the right to do their hair as they wish, only thing I have a problem wth s those who dont wash their hair in the name of "destroying the style"

To be honest this snt a discussion one should be having with men anyway, why guys feel the need to discuss this is beyond me. Homosexuality is becoming rampant in Naija sha

Is the bolded necessary? do you need a new husband or boyfriend? if you do, then you have to go natural to get someone like me cool
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:43pm On May 16, 2011
honeric, go and sit down. Plenty of teenagers on here that will give you face.

dayokanu:

Now lets do something more fun than arguing on NL

aint nothing better than a good argument cheesy
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 5:54pm On May 16, 2011
10cirenoh:

I can see you're typing from the phone, oh sorry, anyways it's good to know you still have some natural hair left.

I am only going to answer your questions if you answer mine:

Fake eyelashes?  I do not wear lashes but women who wear them do it do enhance their lashes
Padded bra and panties? I do not understand the panty, should women walk around unclothed? Padded bra is made for women who do not have big bosom and who find it uncomfortable to wear certain garments with their tiny tiits. Have you ever seen some women who all they have is a nippple no pulp? Those women will more likely get implants and it is not because they have an inferior complex but because they want to look more womanly and enhance their beauty.
Fake nails and fingers? Fake nails looks good when its not too long and not designed with ghetto symbols and multicolour nail paints. This is also done to enhance beauty, not every woman has attractive nails. I do not know what you mean by "fake fingers" For fake fingers if a woman's fingers have been chopped off I do not see why she cannot replace it with  prosthetic fingers so people will not be disgusted by her chopped fingers.
Fake hair and all that? Fake hair has been used for many many many years to add to the hair  for different styles and effects.

To achieve what in particular? To achieve comfort, beauty, security, confidence etc.

Deal? undecided

Ok, lets say you were born with a very small manliness(literally1in or less) and it cannot be used to do anything or you were born but your balls have not dropped? what will you do?  Will you get surgery or just let it be the way it is because that is how you were born(natural)
IF men on here are complaining about padded bras and panties why not also complain about clothes. They are not natural.
Also, tooth paste, pads, soaps, creams, tampons, etc<---------These are not natural why use them on our body?
Also, shaving sticks and shaving gels, you need to start telling your girlfriends/wife to stop using it because they are not natural. The hair removed is natural.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by dayokanu(m): 6:00pm On May 16, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

honeric, go and sit down. Plenty of teenagers on here that will give you face.

aint nothing better than a good argument cheesy

Arguing about hair?

The only hair worth attention is pubic hair
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:54pm On May 16, 2011
hmmmm! i wonder when they'll start attaching fake lips, fake noses and fake eyeballs? grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by armyofone(m): 7:27pm On May 16, 2011
we've got that already. i mean we are there grin i do have hazel eyes and also blue eyes thanks to a good contact lens grin
black women with thin lips do go for plastic surgery to have ponmo mouth grin
you guys should not bug na wetin? na una money??

i think the ones complaining are just tired of their ladies asking them for money to go ''do their hair' grin

George_D:

hmmmm! i wonder when they'll start attaching fake lips, fake noses and fake eyeballs? grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 10cirenoh: 8:29pm On May 16, 2011
kandiikane:

Ok, lets say you were born with a very small manliness(literally1in or less) and it cannot be used to do anything or you were born but your balls have not dropped? what will you do?  Will you get surgery or just let it be the way it is because that is how you were born(natural)
IF men on here are complaining about padded bras and panties why not also complain about clothes. They are not natural.
Also, tooth paste, pads, soaps, creams, tampons, etc<---------These are not natural why use them on our body?
Also, shaving sticks and shaving gels, you need to start telling your girlfriends/wife to stop using it because they are not natural. The hair removed is natural.

From the other answers you gave, you ended up typing the SAME word i have been using about most women who use these fake stuffs. (Confidence), i hope you know what the opposite of that word means?

Now, comparing someone with small pennis with someone wearing fake this and fake that is like comparing apple with mangoes.

Your analogy is so WRONG, Have you ever seen a man with 1inch dirk before? BE SINCERE!!! even if there is, its 1 in 100,000 and can be said to be medical deficiencies but the same can't be said of women with fake lips, eye lashes, eye balls, padded panties, padded bra. just like you said, ANYONE WHO DOES ANY OF THESE THINGS do it because they LACK self confidence which is another word for INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

So stop beating about the bush, people with self confidence need to learn to channel their worries towards other things that will complement their "lack" of these things they try to hide away with fake stuffs.

Get intelligent, learn alot of things that others won't but admirer you for, spend time inventing rather than spending time thinking of your "inadequacies"

I am just laughing here reading the examples you gave, it actually shows that you're STILL very young, girl i have to be easy on you, it's okay i don't have to be mad at you.

All the stuffs you listed towards the end of your comments are things you need to keep your body and soul from getting rusty and unkempt, they are not used because you're "lacking" somewhere, they are items necessary for the survival of humans. Now do you survive on wigs, weaves, padded bra and padded panties? fake nails, fake lips, eye lashes, eye balls e.t.c? if not, how then did you end up using these as a comparative list for what i listed?

To your question, i use 3 internet service provider because i can't rely on one and the kind of job i do requires that i stay online most of the time.

Take care.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 16, 2011
armyofone:

i think the ones complaining are just tired of their ladies asking them for money to go ''do their hair' grin

grin sister you just hit the nail on the head
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Jiah011(f): 12:05am On May 17, 2011
I have worn my hair natural for two years now and it has been a great experience. But to do so, a woman has to re-learn her hair in a way. It takes time and effort, but with these two your hair can thrive. I have never worn weave, but I had relaxed hair all my life. Black women all over the world, not just in Naija, are conditioned to believe that they need to add something to themselves to feel beautiful, both by older women (i.e. mothers, aunts, etc), society, and to impress men. It is almost a rite of passage. Young girls wear their hair natural until a certain age, then modern culture starts changing them from the inside outward. Then once they are changed, everyone is calling them fake, with fake this and that. It's not fair. It's not easy for women to wear their natural hair and many feel like if they do, it will detract from their beauty and appeal to men, particularly black men. Black/ Nigerian men are not the ones championing natural beauty at all! Other men from other groups are doing that quite well.

Personally, I hate weave. It is obviously unnatural and can look terrible when done poorly. Hygiene is an issue for some weave-wearers who choose not to wash their hair to maintain the style. When I went to Naija last year, I was amazed at the amount of weave. I'm sure it is a million dollar business. Almost every woman I saw had some sort of attachment in her hair. But who can blame them. As Africans we should appreciate our natural beauty, but there are issues within out society that hinder us from doing so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) / Shatu Garko Wins 2021 Miss Nigeria Pageant (Photos) / R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.