Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. (1065 Views)

I Taught they said this Man was brutal / Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law / Is This The Buhari Agenda : “sharia Will Be Introduced In Full Across Nigeria…” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by Mariory(m): 4:59pm On Jul 17, 2007
They lied! As expected, the rest of the population in Kano now have to live according to "Islamic Law".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6288480.stm
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by Mamajama(m): 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2007
The federal government has to intervene in this issue, this mall-am are going too far with this mess
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by TayoD(m): 5:27pm On Jul 17, 2007
@topic,

Serves the Nigerian Christians right. When are they going to take their destinies in their hands and stop living like second class citizens in their own nation. I would have thought the sharia thing will be in court at this stage on its eventual destination to the Supreme Court. What is CAN and PFN doing that they cannot initiate this move? What about the mostly affected Ibos who are usually the victims? This will be a worthy cause for Ojukwu and the other champions of Biafra. let them take this up as a matter of importance and we'll see if it doesn't change things.

Until the Supreme Court makes a declaration, we will continue to deal with this constitutional mess that we bogged down with.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by angel101(f): 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2007
They lied as they always do and we took it as we always do. sad!
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by Mamajama(m): 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2007
so you expect a hungry man to start protesting on empty stomach? call on people like Uncle Wole and gani to come and depict this law
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by lewa(m): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2007
No one said anything when that demagogue in Zamfara;Yerima was busy pulling down churches and building mosques on them!
Worse still he introduced descriminatory fees against non-indigenes and
christians were made into second class citizens in their
own country.What of the woman that was mobbed to death because she refused to let them cheat in Gombe and much more?
T he north is a fecund avenue for religious extremism,intolerance,bigotry and hared!Pure and simple~because i dont believe in your way of life does not necessitate that i must be lynched at the next religious riot instigated by some demonic,syphilitic rabid shiek!
This news portends great danger ahead~their god is blood thirsty again
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by Rlst84sale(m): 11:20pm On Jul 17, 2007
No telling that most of the wanted muslim extrimist could be hiding under their long robes and bushy beards. Don't put anything pass them they will do anything for the devil under the umbrella of islam.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by McKren(m): 1:01am On Jul 18, 2007
Why will anything be done about it when every elite politician is trying too hard to prove that they are detriblized Nigerians.

A State Government is openly flouting the constitution and nobody says anything.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 18, 2007
McKren:

Why will anything be done about it when every elite politician is trying too hard to prove that they are detriblized Nigerians.

my brother, yours is definitely the quote of the yr!
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by DisGuy: 3:19am On Jul 18, 2007
. . . . we had to read it from foreign media, our own politicians and journalists are busy calculating money. somehow its seems other nations are more interested in our own problems.
when people are sentenced to death our politicians/journalist keep mum until the 'international' community make noise undecided

shuffering and smiling
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by Pain(m): 3:26am On Jul 18, 2007
Ignoramuses!! angry
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:12am On Jul 18, 2007
me i still maintain till the hausas leave Nigeria, it would know no peace. cool
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by DisGuy: 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2007
ThoniaSlim:

me i still maintain till the hausas leave Nigeria, it would know no peace. cool

you are very smart, no joke wink
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by bilymuse: 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2007
nobody is leaving nigeria until the oil in niger delta runs out
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by Xris74: 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2007
bilymuse:

nobody is leaving nigeria until the oil in niger delta runs out

You lie, my friend. The Igbos want to leave, in spite of the oil. Please tell your Nigerian brothers in the presidency and the house of assembly to let them go.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by Xris74: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2007
Granted that people have a right to religious belief, but IMHO, the Yoruba people have put the south in jeopardy by reason of their overwhelming non-discriminate religious inclination. Essentially, southern christians cannot wage a similar war against Islam because the Yoruba, the second main group in the south, are equally divided in their faith.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by McKren(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2007
Xris74:

Granted that people have a right to religious belief, but IMHO, the Yoruba people have put the south in jeopardy by reason of their overwhelming non-discriminate religious inclination. Essentially, southern christians cannot wage a similar war against Islam because the Yoruba, the second main group in the south, are equally divided in their faith.

People should not reduce this argument to who is ready to wage a war against the other.

This is rather a constitutional crisis that needs to be presented at a competent Abuja court of law for interpretation of the constitution. Kano State Government is playing on the ignorance of their inhabitants.

Kano Sate Government does not even have the right to tell Hausa Muslims when or who they should have sex with or when they can drink alcohol or not. It is illegal to do that let alone to compel non-muslims to adhere to it.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by TayoD(m): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2007
@mckren,

People should not reduce this argument to who is ready to wage a war against the other.

This is rather a constitutional crisis that needs to be presented at a competent Abuja court of law for interpretation of the constitution. Kano State Government is playing on the ignorance of their inhabitants.

Kano Sate Government does not even have the right to tell Hausa Muslims when or who they should have sex with or when they can drink alcohol or not. It is illegal to do that let alone to compel non-muslims to adhere to it.
Well said. That is why I said Nigerians deserve what they are getting. We complain so much and we can't get our leaders to take this matter to court. CAN, PFN and even NLC should be in court by now to challenge this affront on our constituion.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2007
i still maintain, till the hausas go. no peace. cool
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by LILDICEs: 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2007
why must the hausa goes we own it.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2007
okay. then Nigeria should divide. cool
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by LILDICEs: 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2007
kano state is old that's where my ancestors was born,kano state is so muslim u can't play with that state that state became muslim when the arabs take over back in the centurys,the fulani you see are arabs they mixe hausa that's why some of  them are black but they still have the hair that's why is hard to find a fulani that don't speak hausa.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2007
there by imposing the laws on non-indigenes. i can't seem to pick out any useful point you have made. cool
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by LILDICEs: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2007
if naija separate it will be good hausa and fulani people will be in the north,yoruba and igbos will be in the south.
we will kick yall out of abudja cuz is our state too.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:05pm On Jul 18, 2007
Still don't make much sense, then we will see whether it groundnuts you would use to develop your economy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. think grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
still maintain Nigeria should divide to ensure peace. grin cool
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by Xris74: 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2007
Kicking southerners out of Abuja will serve southerners right. In any case, if Abuja is what it takes, then let the bloody jihadists go with it.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by laudate: 9:11pm On Jul 18, 2007
ThoniaSlim:

i still maintain, till the hausas go. no peace. cool

The Hausas are not the problem. Ignorance, illiteracy, lack of respect for fundamental human rights, intolerance, non-adherence to constitutional provisions etc. are the real problems. There are many Northern Christians, including Hausa ones. Go to various Local Government Areas in Kaduna state, and see what is called discrimination. At least, you southerners in the South, can live, worship and enjoy your lives in peace, without being victimised by almajiris or fanatical, brain-washed zealots who have chosen to interprete the Qu'aran upside down.

Go to Sokoto, and see if you won't trek miles before you can find a church to worship in, because most of the churches are outside town. Why?? Some religious, mis-guided zealots who have been in charge of the state from inception, decided to deny Christians permits, to hold services in the centre of town or build churches close to the city centre. It is so easy to sit and launch attacks on the whole North, without realising that the North is a widely diverse place. In fact, the uneducated, common man in the North suffers more, because some of his religious leaders, have chosen to keep him perpetually in penury & subjugation, by using religion as a means to enslave his mind. And once you control a man's mind, you can control his destiny.
Re: They Said Sharia Will Only Apply To Muslims. by McKren(m): 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2007
Laudatte

You are absolutely right, I served in sokoto as late as 2004 and I know what I saw. Even Northern Christains from Kebbi State who were living in Sokoto. A State capital that was also their capital some 15years ago before Kebbi was separated from Sokoto are as vulnerable as southerners during religous crisis.

People need liberation in that country.

The same State Government officials who propose stict Sharia laws against the constitution are the first to rush to camp to chase new babes.

How about Sani Yarima who was busy unlawfully chopping people's arms but yet was looting his State treasury black and blue.

People are in bondage and need to understand their rights.

(1) (Reply)

Obama, A Lonely Idealist? / abc / Remembering Our Own Soweto ( Await Every One Post)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.