Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:02 AM

Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently (33328 Views)

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / American Girl That Speaks Yoruba Fluently / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tosinaded(m): 10:19pm On May 12, 2011

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tosinaded(m): 10:25pm On May 12, 2011
omg she just said a proverb!

ewe to pe lara ose, a di ose!

1 Like

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tosinaded(m): 10:26pm On May 12, 2011
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 2:59am On May 13, 2011
That's impressive!! She's amazing. Nigerian languages aren't easy to learn, so to be able to speak yoruba fluently is quite an achievement. Wonderful.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 3:04am On May 13, 2011
Hopefully she can help codify yoruba history like the europeans did before cos it seems we lack the basic know how to do that.

No kalokalo business or shady deals when doing it plz.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 5:47am On May 13, 2011
Nigerian men already asking her if she's married and wanting to marry her.

Naija men no dey shame sha

1 Like

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tosinaded(m): 7:50am On May 13, 2011
Lol ileke idi, they were just fascinated nau. . .
U wnt blame them.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by jerryben12: 1:08pm On May 14, 2011
Is it a big deal for a caucasian to speak yoruba? Don't we all speak English and some French? Is the white man surprise that we speak his language?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Rgp92: 1:11pm On May 14, 2011
jerryben12:

Is it a big deal for a caucasian to speak yoruba? Don't we all speak English and some French? Is the white man surprise that we speak his language?

Yes, it is a big deal.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by babadee1(m): 1:14pm On May 14, 2011
jerryben12:

Lol! Was the white man colonized for 100 years by Yoruba people? The main reason Africans speak English and French is because of European colonization not by choice. You're comparing apples to oranges.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by zstranger: 1:23pm On May 14, 2011
Who know like good thing'

White women are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better tha Nigerian and Yoruba women.

I'd pick a crippled Titi to an able bodied Tpiah, anyday, anytime

I love White women. they are the best
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by MMM2(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2011
op
sorry
is yoruba a language in 9ja?
Just a question,
no offence.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Brunel(m): 1:41pm On May 14, 2011
thatz ma school. i'm impressed
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by ezechinos: 1:43pm On May 14, 2011
[color=#006600][/color
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by ezechinos: 1:43pm On May 14, 2011
[color=#006600][/color
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by ektbear: 1:48pm On May 14, 2011
Impressive smiley

1 Like

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by sherrify: 1:49pm On May 14, 2011
i sorry sorry o, i sorry 4 Yoruba boys doing shady deals in the counrty where dis lady comes from, Definatly she's been paid to learn dis language n goin back to her country to fish bad boyokas,
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by scholes0(m): 1:50pm On May 14, 2011
GUYZ,  SEE THIS ONE, HE IS A GUY, HIS NAME IS KAYODE smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cURR0Aqc6So&feature=related
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by cold(m): 1:55pm On May 14, 2011
This topic has been dealt with before & I think at the time it must have hit close to 20 pgs.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 2:03pm On May 14, 2011
bretta speaking hausa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwF_10vCPv0&feature=related

it's not really a new thing sha.

hausa in particular is known by quite a few westerners.

girl speaking carribean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLmfQSR3EI0&feature=related

meg speaking hausa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUHW99oPTJQ&feature=related
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Pweety4me(f): 2:11pm On May 14, 2011
Wateva jare. . .i don see vids from her b4 abeg undecided
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 2:14pm On May 14, 2011
Umm ok, big deal
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by comechop(m): 2:25pm On May 14, 2011
i follow her blog - love love her. and typical naija haters coming out of the woodworks - why cant we appreciate something so beautiful?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 2:31pm On May 14, 2011
appreciate what though? So we should have a party and celebrate a white girl because she can speak Yoruba?

Maybe we should tell the europeans to celebrate and appreciate an African who speaks their language.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Princek12(m): 2:44pm On May 14, 2011
kandiikane:

appreciate what though? So we should have a party and celebrate a white girl because she can speak Yoruba?

Maybe we should tell the europeans to celebrate and appreciate an African who speaks their language.

I think that it is worthy of celebration when nowadays our own Yoruba children--both the ones who are born at home and abroad--cannot speak Yoruba. So if the image of a white girl learning Yoruba will motivate our Yoruba children born overseas, for example, akata/Yoruba children in Yankee, to learn Yoruba--then it is all worth it.
Our children need to start learning our indigenous language overseas. Titilayo actually learned Yoruba in University of Wisconsin--Madison before she came to Nigeria to polish it up.

[size=14pt]It is a big shame to all Yoruba parents abroad who have children who can't speak Yoruba, much less write it.[/size] And it is a bigger shame for Yoruba children whose parents did not teach them Yoruba to not take affirmative steps to learn Yoruba when they can do it. It should be easier for them because they presumably grew up around Yoruba culture, which would make it easier for them to learn it.

2 Likes

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by ektbear: 2:48pm On May 14, 2011
^-- Well said, bro.

I also hope that this motivates more US universities to offer Yoruba as the African language of choice.

1 Like

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by scholes0(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2011
^^ Its usually Yoruba Versus Swahili in US universities.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by cold(m): 2:51pm On May 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- Well said, bro.

I also hope that this motivates more US universities to offer Yoruba as the African language of choice.
& u say that because. . .
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by White007(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2011
Waoo impressive!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 2:53pm On May 14, 2011
@ekt, I am sorry but is Yoruba the most influential language in Africa?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by ektbear: 2:54pm On May 14, 2011
scholes0:

^^ Its usually  Yoruba Versus Swahili in US universities.

Yeah that Swahili nonsense pisses me off  undecided

I want a Yoruba language class to improve my skills, but instead they offer languages like Dogon, Swahili. Not really useful for me. I'd even not mind learning Hausa or some other major West African language. But they don't offer. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Brief History Of Ikwerre.(port Harcourt) / Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives / "Amebo" In Nigeria Parlance: Its Origin And Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.