Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently (33431 Views)

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / American Girl That Speaks Yoruba Fluently / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On May 14, 2011
The same way ppl would marvel if a Chinese speaks Yoruba

And chinese would open their mouth if a Black man speaks their language.

Kandiikane, Come here and let me appreciate you.

Also you didnt appreciate me for speaking WOllof, Krio and Mandinka
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by otiigba1(m): 6:31pm On May 14, 2011
its no big deal, i am african(ibo) i speak spanish, polish, russian, italy and portugese, though polish people are amazed when i speak but the others are not because they are more westernised
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 14, 2011
damn, only yhu
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 6:37pm On May 14, 2011
Aimoye black men speaking chinese. How exactly is that news.

Didnt a nigerian win chinese idol the other day. Wasnt he speaking and singing in chinese.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by zstranger: 6:40pm On May 14, 2011
^^^

Stop working yourself up for nothing

I am in awe of her.

She is beautiful and I'd marry her if i could, even if i have to spend all my earnings on her.

She is adorable. just look at her skin. . . so white!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 6:43pm On May 14, 2011
Didnt a nigerian win chinese idol the other day

Sorry, i meant liberian or nigerian liberian.

Um. lipsrsealed
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by queensmith: 6:47pm On May 14, 2011
her name is titilayo- so im guessing shes nigerian. the only thing that makes it a big deal to me is if she was born and bred abroad. Unfortunately parents dont feel the need to teach thier children yoruba. . . . . well done titi
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by zstranger: 6:49pm On May 14, 2011
tpia@:

Sorry, i meant liberian or nigerian liberian.

Um.

You are losing it

O ti n si ere tpiah

O ni pe ja si ta bi were Yaba

Your life is gradually winding down, in a bad way

I am sorry for your wretched life.

Adiue!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 14, 2011
queensmith:

her name is titilayo- so im guessing shes nigerian. the only thing that makes it a big deal to me is if she was born and bred abroad. Unfortunately parents dont feel the need to teach thier children yoruba. . . . . well done titi
no she is not, she is white, american, she just loves yoruba language and she adopyed the name titilayp
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by vislabraye(m): 7:07pm On May 14, 2011
oti-igba:

its no big deal, i am african(ibo) i speak spanish, polish, russian, italy and portugese, though polish people are amazed when i speak but the others are not because they are more westernised

The same way Polish are amazed when u speak is the same way anyone would be amazed/impressed that a whitie speaks Yoruba.
Some Naijas would even say we have a complex for learning to speak foreign languages. Wetin person go do.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by hackney(m): 7:11pm On May 14, 2011
I like it.
it's a commendable feat considering that a lot of nigerians cant speak good english
despite it being our Lingua franca for millions of years.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by queensmith: 7:14pm On May 14, 2011
oti-igba:

Please how did you learn? I want to learn portuguese french and 5 Niigerian languages in the next 5 years, any tips?
@tpia no mind them joor, they dont even know theres pleanty of whites speaking yoruba in nigeria. THese people have simply never reached lagos! lol
What was amazing to me is i went clubbin in camden town which is a gothic region in london- and a chick from yorshire was speaking yorba to me!! I was gut ghasted! Lol but its normal now ,plenty of foreighners want to know more abt the african culture, i had a white guy from germany teach me twi. Its pretty disgraceful that we dont embrace our culture whilst foreigners are very proud when they learn it. Come and see oyibos rockin ankara nowadays even im ashamed!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by hooklover: 7:29pm On May 14, 2011
oh what a beautiful piece the babe really tried. the funny thisng is all those guys asking for marriage just after 2 questions do it mean that yoruba ppl dont know they will date first b4 marriage and they are loking haggard and poverty striken , how on earth can a babe like that marry them , its not possible
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Natasha2(f): 7:35pm On May 14, 2011
^^^love is blind grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 14, 2011
zstranger:

^^^

Stop working yourself up for nothing

I am in awe of her.

She is beautiful and I'd marry her if i could, even if i have to spend all my earnings on her.

She is adorable. just look at her skin. . . so white!

LOL grin grin grin

You are something else!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by otiigba1(m): 7:40pm On May 14, 2011
queensmith:

Please how did you learn? I want to learn portuguese french and 5 Niigerian languages in the next 5 years, any tips?
@tpia no mind them joor, they dont even know theres pleanty of whites speaking yoruba in nigeria. THese people have simply never reached lagos! lol
What was amazing to me is i went clubbin in camden town which is a gothic region in london- and a chick from yorshire was speaking yorba to me!! I was gut ghasted! Lol but its normal now ,plenty of foreighners want to know more abt the african culture, i had a white guy from germany teach me twi. Its pretty disgraceful that we dont embrace our culture whilst foreigners are very proud when they learn it. Come and see oyibos rockin ankara nowadays even im ashamed!
not difficult, cos italy, spanish and portugese are a bit similar so if u speak spanish u can peak up the rest of latinos, and russian and polish are a bit similar too so if u speak russian u can also peak up polish, lithuanian and even ukraine
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 7:52pm On May 14, 2011
personally i think the only fascination (thirsty and sex starved ) nigerians have with her is because she is hot. yes she is very pretty. people cant understand why a pretty american will want to learn their language (inferiority complex). now if woman in question is a 500 pound, bald and ugly white american woman, and lets assume she speaks as well as yoruba fluently, igbo and hausa, i can bet you that none of these thirsty people on here will bat an eyelid or even make a comment about her. the fascination is in her beauty not her ability to speak yoruba. grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Meristem: 8:34pm On May 14, 2011
So what's the big deal about an Oyinbo speaking Yoruba? Billions of Yorubas speak and even teach her language ***mscheeew**** next post please!!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by queensmith: 8:39pm On May 14, 2011
I have the feeling were not watching the same video, is it not the same girl with the buck teeth?? Shes far from hot!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 8:45pm On May 14, 2011
queensmith:

I have the feeling were not watching the same video, is it not the same girl with the buck teeth?? Shes far from hot!
lol she is hot. the buck tooth adds to the appeal.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 14, 2011
Nigerians are really stu-pid people and they think disliking anything white means they're not dealing with inferiority complex.

They're never happy with anything, no sense of comending anyone.

75% of the people posting here can hardly speak correct English. They were brought up in a country where one of the official language is English, yet they can't speak it. Even our first lady cant speak English with her Igbotic EngRish.

The girl studied hard, tried hard to learn another language and she succeeded. How easy is it to learn a new language?  Psychologically, at the after the age of 10, it's not so easy to learn a new language.

These same garbage Nigerians would be impressed anytime they meet a Nigerian that can speak French, German, Spanish etc. Why? Because to learn a new language so fluently is not so easy. It takes hard work and determination. It takes months of practice, learning new words, syntax, phonemes, and structuring those words together in a sensible sentence is not easy either. And to make it harder, speaking those words in their correct accent.

Nigerians will continue to deal with inferiority complex. A while ago, Igbos were congratulating themselves because of their ability to speak more than one languages, Hausas fro speaking Yoruba, and Yorubas for speaking Hausa. Now a white woman does the same thing and they're saying "so what"?

So you think congratulating the woman means you're dealing with IC? What about abusing her just because she's white? You guys have your mentality displaced.

Why not speak correct English before bashing another person for learning a language she was not born around? Shameless people.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 8:55pm On May 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Nigerians are really stu-pid people and they think disliking anything white means they're not dealing with inferiority complex.

They're never happy with anything, no sense of comending anyone.

75% of the people posting here can hardly speak correct English. They were brought up in a country where one of the official language is English, yet they can't speak it. Even our first lady cant speak English with her Igbotic EngRish.

The girl studied hard, tried hard to learn another language and she succeeded. How easy is it to learn a new language?  Psychologically, at the after the age of 10, it's not so easy to learn a new language.

These same garbage Nigerians would be impressed anytime they meet a Nigerian that can speak French, German, Spanish etc. Why? Because to learn a new language so fluently is not so easy. It takes hard work and determination. It takes months of practice, learning new words, syntax, phonemes, and structuring those words together in a sensible sentence is not easy either. And to make it harder, speaking those words in their correct accent.

Nigerians will continue to deal with inferiority complex. A while ago, Igbos were congratulating themselves because of their ability to speak more than one languages, Hausas fro speaking Yoruba, and Yorubas for speaking Hausa. Now a white woman does the same thing and they're saying "so what"?

So you think congratulating the woman means you're dealing with IC? What about abusing her just because she's white? You guys have your mentality displaced.

Why not speak correct English before bashing another person for learning a language she was not born around? Shameless people.
tis not that straightforward. pride is a wonderful thing. it is good to have and it is bad. in this case it is good. not everyone is comfortable with dishing out complements to descendants of their oppressors. thats pure unadulterated pride cheesy
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Sike(m): 9:16pm On May 14, 2011
Meristem:

So what's the big deal about an Oyinbo speaking Yoruba? Billions of Yorubas speak and even teach her language ***mscheeew**** next post please!!
I wonder o! If dem born im Papa wella make she cum speak 'IJEBU'
She go hear wwen!!
NEXT AGAIN PLSSS
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 9:42pm On May 14, 2011
She's speaking ibadan or Oyo yoruba, right? Didnt watch the video cos the topic has been done to death on other threads. Maybe she should open something in journal section.

Btw, sounds like someone has their eyes on a white guy. Latino, white . Same thing.

We whites rock!

So glad i'm one.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 9:45pm On May 14, 2011
Also, her fans can open a journal for her in nairaland section, since they seem rather sensitive about feedback.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Rgp92: 9:46pm On May 14, 2011
tpia@:

She's speaking ibadan or Oyo yoruba, right? Didnt watch the video cos the topic has been done to death on other threads. Maybe she should open something in journal section.

Btw, sounds like someone has their eyes on a white guy. Latino, white . Same thing.

We whites rock!

So glad i'm one.

We blacks rock too  grin grin grin

We are different colors, one people  grin grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by dayokanu(m): 9:52pm On May 14, 2011
tpia@:

We whites rock!

So glad i'm one.

Yes. we the Oyo ppl are the original Yoruba.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 10:03pm On May 14, 2011
@ Rgp92

blacks dont rock as much as whites, thank you!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by LadyT(f): 10:12pm On May 14, 2011
Dayo dont start rubbish here angry
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 10:13pm On May 14, 2011
Dayokanu this isnt history section.

Stay on topic and admire the girl or what else brings you here.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Rgp92: 10:15pm On May 14, 2011
tpia@:

@ Rgp92

blacks dont rock as much as whites, thank you!

We rock just as much grin grin grin and btw where are you from?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 10:16pm On May 14, 2011
^^She is Nigerian but she denies it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Brief History Of Ikwerre.(port Harcourt) / Emir Sanusi's Kano Emirate Admits Spending N3.4 Billion / Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.