Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,468 members, 7,770,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:01 AM

Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently (33326 Views)

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / American Girl That Speaks Yoruba Fluently / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 4:25pm On May 15, 2011
Princek12:

You have made the same assumptions people with inferiority complex always make, which is disturbing giving the amount of Nigerians who reason the way you do:

Assumption #1:
While poor English language abilities may cause a child to fall behind in school, you have assumed that a child speaking his or her native language at home and who is raised in an English-speaking country will have poor "English language abilities." The Nigerian system refutes your assumption on all fronts. In Nigeria many people grow up bilingual, and they have excellent "English language abilities," myself included. Those who have bad English usually did not go to the proper schools, but it is not as a result of their being speaking their native language at home. In addition, many excellent and first rate students in the United States also grow up bilingual, especially the Indian and Chinese and Hispanic students.

Assumption 2:

Even though it is plausible that the fastest way to learn Yoruba is by being around those who speak Yoruba, you have assumed (without no facts) that the people with whom Titilayo spent time with are illiterate villagers because they spoke only Yoruba to Titilayo. Titilayo was in a language immersion programme at the University of Ibadan, and a major criterion of many of those programme is that the host University ensures the student speaks the language of interest. At Titilayo's other videos the faculty of her department all spoke Yoruba to her.

In case you don't know, you do not have to go around illiterates to learn how to speak Yoruba; all you have to do is to hang around people who will speak Yoruba to you all the time, which includes the literate and the illiterates. My entire family is full of advanced degree holders who speak Yoruba at home and in public. According to your reasoning, if you saw us in a video with Titilayo speaking only Yoruba to her in a village, you will automatically assume that we are illiterates. Many professors in her department spoke only Yoruba to Titilayo; that does not mean they are illiterate. Also the market women or village women speaking Yoruba is not conclusive evidence of their literacy. Quit making stereotypical assumptions that stems from colo-mentality.

May God help Nigeria with this kind of mentality.

do me a favor

stay black
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by cap28: 4:50pm On May 15, 2011
buzugee:

grin i can bet you half of these people have met ghanaians that can speak hausa, igbo and yoruba. i know i have and i was blown away. a foreigner knowing all three major naija languages.

the great paul robeson could speak russian, spanish, french, german, and african languages. he was black american.

these folks is thirsty. thats alll there is to it. their complements is coming from their manlinesses  grin grin thirsty azz mahfukaz. mufuckaz need a sip to wet their beak. niccaz is parched. they need a lil sippy sip. thats why they cant think straight. somebody needs to offer these niccaz some liquid sustainance so they can refocus  grin

sup cap28 ma niccazzzzzzzzzz. black power my nubian brother

sup my man? 
i posted that comment before listening to the video and going through the comments, halfway through i saw your comment and isale gan's and i thought - thank god we still have a few peeps in our midst that are not afflicted by that deadly disease known as inferiority complex, but bro when i saw your one liner - CIA - i thought THATS MY MAN!!!

bro, what is wrong with our people?

its like we totally devoid of the ability to think - a young white girl in america who could choose to learn any language in the world decides that of all the languages she should learn it will be yoruba - why? isnt it obvious this girl is working with the intelligence services?  infiltration of countries of interests, using american nationals is one of the oldest tricks in the book used by western intelligence services - what better place to have spies than a country which just happens to have a strategic natural resource to america namely oil.

I now understand how easy it was for the slave traders and subsequently the colonialists to infiltrate africa and bamboozle the natives.

Is it any wonder these people continue to run rings around us?

Nigeria is crawling with CIA, MI6 and mossad operatives who feed back daily reports to their bosses in washington, tel aviv and london - what better way to do it than to use a young white girl (also known as a honey trap) to lure unsuspecting and lustful nigerian men to divulge just about any and every type of information that her bosses may be interested in.

Judging from the reactions of men and even women on here i think its going to be a breeze, this girl must be secretley laughing her head off at the gullibility of nigerians.

by the way paul robeson was the quintessential intellectual (of igbo descent) as you correctly pointed out he was an erudite scholar who spoke loads of european languages but guess how he ended up? denounced and demonised by the US govt - why? because he spoke out against america's racism - he died poor and broken.

see the difference ?black intellectual, well read  - demonised and degraded by the powerful white power structure, but see the mindless idolisation of a white girl who  learnt how to speak just one african language in order to effectively carry out her job as an intelligence operative - the irony!!!!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Princek12(m): 4:50pm On May 15, 2011
buzugee:

do me a favor

stay black

do yourself a favor and stay silent
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by poweredcom(m): 4:54pm On May 15, 2011
grin grin That is one thing i like about white people, they are ready to learn
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by LKRavitz(m): 4:55pm On May 15, 2011
Adrenaline:

A lil perv blood neva hurt no one grin But seriously, she's got a nice rack, I couldn't help but imagine her talk dirty to me in Yoruba while I do her

Homeboy you sound like a ninja turtle grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 4:55pm On May 15, 2011
Princek12:

do yourself a favor and stay silent
thats rich coming from a thirsty azz nicca like you. nicca you thirsty. you make about as much sense as a drunk paraplegic
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 4:59pm On May 15, 2011
cap28:

sup my man? 
i posted that comment before listening to the video and going through the comments, halfway through i saw your comment and isale gan's and i thought - thank god we still have a few peeps in our midst that are not afflicted by that deadly disease known as inferiority complex, but bro when i saw your one liner - CIA - i thought THATS MY MAN!!!

bro, what is wrong with our people?

its like we totally devoid of the ability to think - a young white girl in america who could choose to learn any language in the world decides that of all the languages she should learn it will be yoruba - why? isnt it obvious this girl is working with the intelligence services?  infiltration of countries of interests, using american nationals is one of the oldest tricks in the book used by western intelligence services - what better place to have spies than a country which just happens to have a strategic natural resource to america namely oil.

I now understand how easy it was for the slave traders and subsequently the colonialists to infiltrate africa and bamboozle the natives.

Is it any wonder these people continue to run rings around us?

Nigeria is crawling with CIA, MI6 and mossad operatives who feed back daily reports to their bosses in washington, tel aviv and london - what better way to do it than to use a young white girl (also known as a honey trap) to lure unsuspecting and lustful nigerian men to divulge just about any and every type of information that her bosses may be interested in.

Judging from the reactions of men and even women on here i think its going to be a breeze, this girl must be secretley laughing her head off at the gullibility of nigerians.

by the way paul robeson was the quintessential intellectual (of igbo descent) as you correctly pointed out he was an erudite scholar who spoke loads of european languages but guess how he ended up? denounced and demonised by the US govt - why? because he spoke out against america's racism - he died poor and broken.

see the difference ?black intellectual, well read  - demonised and degraded by the powerful white power structure, but see the mindless idolisation of a white girl who  learnt how to speak just one african language in order to effectively carry out her job as an intelligence operative - the irony!!!!
hhmmm hhmmm hmmmm my brother. this post is full of nuggets and gems. would do the post disservice trying to even comment on it. the post stands on its own merits. agree with you 1000 percent. strong black man
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by cap28: 5:13pm On May 15, 2011
buzugee:

hhmmm hhmmm hmmmm my brother. this post is full of nuggets and gems. would do the post disservice trying to even comment on it. the post stands on its own merits. agree with you 1000 percent. strong black man

thanks bro - and just to reinforce my point about CIA and MOSSADs use of young white women as honey traps, read up about a man called mordechai vanunu - he was an israeli nuclear technician who divulged secrets about israel's secret nuclear technology to a british newspaper - MOSSAD used a pretty young intelligence operative to  lure him from britain to italy where he was kidnapped by MOSSAD, drugged and transported back to israel where he spent 14 years in solitary confinement -nice huh?.

These europeans are mentally light years ahead of us - thats the sad truth - may be one day we will wake up.

YOu would think that given our tragic track record with foreigners we would be a bit more disceerning and suspicious, clearly we have learnt nothing from our terrible history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordechai_Vanunu
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by goggs(m): 5:21pm On May 15, 2011
Hey, wats the fuss about oyinbo speaking Yoruba, or a Nigerian language for that matter?

Go to Jos and see 100s of whites (oyinbo) speaking Hausa and the local birom Language. Some even attend church services in exclusive local dialects.The foreign  sisters of the various catholic outreach programmes in many northern states I have been too speak flawless local dialects, some sponsor the translation of materials to the local language.

Its no big deal really,

By the way, I speak French!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 5:26pm On May 15, 2011
cap28:

thanks bro - and just to reinforce my point about CIA and MOSSADs use of young white women as honey traps, read up about a man called mordechai vanunu - he was an israeli nuclear technician who divulged secrets about israel's secret nuclear technology to a british newspaper - MOSSAD used a pretty young intelligence operative to  lure him from britain to italy where he was kidnapped by MOSSAD, drugged and transported back to israel where he spent 14 years in solitary confinement -nice huh?.

These europeans are mentally light years ahead of us - thats the sad truth - may be one day we will wake up.

YOu would think that given our tragic track record with foreigners we would be a bit more disceerning and suspicious, clearly we have learnt nothing from our terrible history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordechai_Vanunu
bruv, me personally ? i think this is all a prophesy that has to play itself out before we come back out ontop again. this all started about 4000 or something odd years ago when isaac gave birth to jacob and esau. esau came out red and hairy. he is the progenitor of the white races. he is described in the bible as a great outdoorsman (like white folk). his descendants are called edomites. all the white and arab people you see around are edomites. then there is jacob, the progenitor of the 12 tribes of israel,the chosen people to spread the gospel. these are the black people of the earth. there is deep hatred for israel(jacob) by esau and this hatred has continued on down 4000 years later. it says in the book of malachi that the lord is not exactly fond of the edomites. they destroy and take advantage of people and use and abuse people and take from people. it also says in the book of obadiah that they will recieve their comeuppance and stolen legacys of the children of israel will be restored. all that is stolen (during colonialism and slavery etc ) will be restored and the edomites and their descendants will be severely punished.

see personally i dont see europeans as light years ahead of us, i just see them as fulfilling a prophesy which has to be fulfilled before the natural order of things get restored.

of course this tangent in history would have been avoided if the descendants of israel (thats us) hadnt deviated from their religion into worshipping idols and all kinds of craziness. hence the blanket of protection was removed from us and we were left to the whims of our historical and biblical enemy, the edomites. sall a prophesy playing itself out bruv. nothing more nothing less

going to read up on mordechai vanunu in a moment but yup you right, this is the way of the enemy. entice thirsty niccaz like prince12k with their young pretty women. these gullible fools will sell their birthrights for a piece of that azz  grin grin grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by cap28: 5:43pm On May 15, 2011
^^^
i dont know bro, in my view only those who actively work to change their circumstances will get that change.

we dont seem to be in a hurry to change our situation and the general reaction from most of the nigerians who came into contact with this girl on the video and the reaction of NL's should give you an idea of how far away progress is for us as a people.

Also im not sure the world is going to wait around for us to wake up from our self induced coma.

this world is about survival of the strongest, thats why the europeans have remained on top for so long, they succeeded in wiping out the native americans and aborigines, why would it be any different in the case of the african?
especially given the fact that many of  us are not even aware that we are in any immediate danger.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2011
cap28:

^^^
i dont know bro, in my view only those who actively work to change their circumstances will get that change.

we dont seem to be in a hurry to change our situation and the general reaction from most of the nigerians who came into contact with this girl on the video and the reaction of NL's should give you an idea of how far away progress is for us as a people.

Also im not sure the world is going to wait around for us to wake up from our self induced coma.

this world is about survival of the strongest, thats why the europeans have remained on top for so long, they succeeded in wiping out the native americans and aborigines, why would it be any different in the case of the african?
especially given the fact that many of  us are not even aware that we are in any immediate danger.

bruv you have to remember that nothing under the sun is new. everything you see today has happened in the past. there was once a time when the whole world was controlled by black africans and timbucktu was the central commercial hub of the whole world. timbucktu was running the whole worlds economy and commerce and was extremely civilized when europe was in the dark ages. you have to remember that we were in control of europe for over 800 years. we brought civilization to that part of the world. its a cycle.  yes we have some morbidly morose africans amongst us who kiss so much white butt they may as well have their lips surgically attached to white butt, but as a collective the stronger wills of history and the stronger of us will turn the wheel. thats how it is bruh. ignore folks who are in slumber. every society must have its weak and strong. its just how it is
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2011
cap28 i need you to watch this video. its 3 parts. its a white intellectual telling the truth about africa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3tu5FmYnvo
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by cap28: 6:00pm On May 15, 2011
^^^

I hear you bruv but the majority of us are in a deep coma and we dont understand that now is not the time to be in such a position.  The world has moved on from the era when we had great african empires,  we now live in a post industrial age, america is officially now in economic decline and china is moving in to america's position, but america remains the world's most superior military power, it has no intention of givign up its position without a fight, my beleif is that america (and europe) will rather go to war with china than allow them take their position  - the european does not want to live in a world where they have to play second fiddle to anyother nation - where does africa fit into this scenario?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by cap28: 6:02pm On May 15, 2011
buzugee:

cap28 i need you to watch this video. its 3 parts. its a white intellectual telling the truth about africa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3tu5FmYnvo

okay
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 6:05pm On May 15, 2011
cap28:

^^^

I hear you bruv but the majority of us are in a deep coma and we dont understand that now is not the time to be in such a position.  The world has moved on from the era when we had great african empires,  we now live in a post industrial age, america is officially now in economic decline and china is moving in to america's position, but america remains the world's most superior military power, it has no intention of givign up its position without a fight, my beleif is that america (and europe) will rather go to war with china than allow them take their position  - the european does not want to live in a world where they have to play second fiddle to anyother nation - where does africa fit into this scenario?  

the edomites will wipe each other out and then we the children of israel will thrive grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m6cGmaAdOw&feature=related
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by member479760: 6:10pm On May 15, 2011
who are we the children of Isreal?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by bandely(m): 6:19pm On May 15, 2011
I know her, very nice and friendly girl. There are others like Kayode, Abike etc. though I don't like Abike, she is not friendly, sometimes when you try to talk to her, she would not answer you.
Believe me, they speak fluent yoruba more than I can. I could remember a day when Kayode wanted to make a photocopy of a document, and he said "mo fe se eda" that was the first time I knew 'eda' means photocopy in my language.

During the election, she was a reporter lol (in school), anyway it is usually fun, as we even joked and sneer at her lol, but she is never offended!
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2011
nakedall:

who are we the children of Isreal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m6cGmaAdOw&feature=related
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Princek12(m): 6:27pm On May 15, 2011
buzugee:

thats rich coming from a thirsty azz nicca like you. nicca you thirsty. you make about as much sense as a drunk paraplegic

go and learn how to write and read before talking to me. because your brain cannot process my words does not mean it does not make sense to other people with intellect. mumu
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by buzugee(m): 6:33pm On May 15, 2011
Princek12:

go and learn how to write and read before talking to me. because your brain cannot process my words does not mean it does not make sense to other people with intellect. mumu
i doubt your words make sense to even a cretin. your words is akin to a 'turd'. it needs to be flushed down the commode. grin
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by zstranger: 6:47pm On May 15, 2011
buzugee:

i doubt your words make sense to even a cretin. your words is akin to a 'turd'. it needs to be flushed down the commode. grin

I agree with you. I am a cretin, and I didnt understand his post. cool
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by cap28: 6:49pm On May 15, 2011
this same girl wouldnt give any of the NLs salivating over her the time of day on an american university campus, but see how nice and friendly she is in the midst of nigerians.  The fact that she speaks yoruba does not change her mindset towards africans - she has already been socialised and conditioned into beleiving that she is superior to blacks,  at the end of the day she is only in nigeria for a specific purpose , something that seems to have gone over the heads of most people commenting on here.

Lets imagine the tables were turned and a young nigerian woman went into some all white enclave in the american deep south with a camera crew to conduct a documentary  - i wonder how she would be received?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Princek12(m): 6:55pm On May 15, 2011
zstranger:

I agree with you. I am a cretin, and I didnt understand his post. cool

buzugee:

birds of the same feather flock together. so why am I not surprised. Two dumb cretins flocking together. Go ahead on speak your language to each other.

two bonafide mumus. mukailas.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by cap28: 7:14pm On May 15, 2011
africans - always willing to embrace non black strangers and foreigners without understanding that person's  true intention or agenda - this is how europeans were able to subjugate and enslave us - other races like the chinese and japanese remain highly suspicious of foreigners to date - this is the reason why they have prospered. let us continue digging our own graves, this video sets it out very succinctly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To8j6P3kRAY
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 7:25pm On May 15, 2011
a young white girl in america who could choose to learn any language in the world decides that of all the languages she should learn it will be yoruba

earlier quote from me:

and can someone tell me why i didnt find any videos of whites speaking igbo, edo or any rivers/south south languages

i know they exist- make una unhide   post them oh!!!!

yoruba isnt the only language in nigeria.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by tpia5: 7:27pm On May 15, 2011
The fact that she speaks yoruba does not change her mindset towards africans

true that.

though I don't like Abike, she is not friendly, sometimes when you try to talk to her, she would not answer you

she probably got tired of all the instant marriage and sex proposals.

imagine:

girl: hi! how are you. my name is abike or abigael. Nice to meet you for the first time.

our men: i love you. will you marry me. lets make some babies.

i mean, it gets old pretty fast.

Especially when the same scene gets replayed over and over and over and over and over again ad infinitum.

then later the men start yapping [after receiving visa and hooking up with some easy lays elsewhere] about how nigerian girls wouldnt give them the time of day in nigeria therefore they are bad people.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by kandiikane(m): 7:42pm On May 15, 2011
tpia@:

true that.

she probably got tired of all the instant marriage and sex proposals.

imagine:

girl: hi! how are you. my name is abike or abigael. Nice to meet you for the first time.

our men: i love you. will you marry me. lets make some babies.

loool
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:50pm On May 15, 2011
i speak Italian (seriously). Any awards for me? Lol.

But seriously I think what she's doin is cool, considering Nigerian kids, born and raised here in Nigeria by Nigerian parents can't speak their language. I remember some of my yoruba classmates back in secondary school that openly rejoiced when they got an F n the language. For them it was a cool thing to fail the subject and if you got anything more than an E in yoruba, you were a weird nerd. Of course, we the non yorubas kinda joined, afterall, if the so called custodians of the language were joyfully failing it left, right, center, how much more we the outsiders?
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by SEFAGO(m): 8:01pm On May 15, 2011
^ Bleach

I always thought Kenpachi was better cheesy

Best Moniker I have seen on NL though
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by LKRavitz(m): 8:02pm On May 15, 2011
kageyoshi san. thot u were blackanese? as for me i shop so much i can speak italian.
Re: Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently by Princek12(m): 8:03pm On May 15, 2011
tpia

many people are misinterpreting what those men are saying. The men said, "mo fe fe oo." That could mean either I want to date you, I want to phuck you, or I want to marry you. It most likely that first two.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Brief History Of Ikwerre.(port Harcourt) / Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives / "Amebo" In Nigeria Parlance: Its Origin And Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.