Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? (2361 Views)

How To Detect If Beauty OR Endowments Is ALL She's Got. / What Kick Start A Relationship - Beauty Or Good Traits? / Beauty Or Character, Which One Would You Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by DaDoctor: 1:23pm On May 13, 2011
Hello Peeps,
I am a bit confused and need someone convince me as per the above caption.
The issue is a few ladies are beautiful, but lack the character. Also, a few are just there but have the Characters and virtues of true woamnhood.
If you were to advise, Please which would you consider foremost, bearing relationship and ultimately marriage in mind.
N.B; i dont mean to say all beautiful ladies dont have characters and vice versa, but i am taking it from a general perspective and experience i have had and heard of in the past. I also believe no one is a perfect as God, but at least there should be some form of character, then a build up can continue, but mostly this is not the case. To be candid, a pretty damsel i fell in love with months back, cudnt even make eba, and very mannerless too; though she comes from a rich home.
I need you input,
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by hunkyjohn(m): 1:33pm On May 13, 2011
Character first. The problem is that you need time to assess character while beauty just sits there staring you in the face for immediate assessment. Beauty can be an entry point but when decisions need to be taken, u should start with character.
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by iyatrustee(f): 1:35pm On May 13, 2011
most guys assess one using facial beauty while overlooking ones character
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by DaDoctor: 1:39pm On May 13, 2011
But what about the 'pretence issue'Where a lady pretends and sustains same till she gets in and turns a monster, My Friend was a victim, thats why i fear.
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by MrCork17: 1:40pm On May 13, 2011
heavy Nyansh plus thigh   & hip!! wink
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by MMM2(m): 1:48pm On May 13, 2011
u should consider Womanliness first,
cos dat were ur unborn children will come out from.
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by Dyt(f): 1:55pm On May 13, 2011
Beauty does d 1st attractn
bt u cld always bring out d beast n d beauty in sm1 u know
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by TeeJay6(m): 1:57pm On May 13, 2011
Brains beats beauty anyday
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by EmmaUG: 2:22pm On May 13, 2011
talking of marriage i think character comes first. beauty is just 4 attraction but her good character will bring you happiness and peace.gbam
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by CrudeOil1(m): 3:00pm On May 13, 2011
Beauty. The character compliments the beauty. It can be the other way round for other men.
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by jackpot(f): 3:04pm On May 13, 2011
hunkyjohn:

Character first. The problem is that you need time to assess character while beauty just sits there staring you in the face for immediate assessment. Beauty can be an entry point but when decisions need to be taken, u should start with character.
i am with you on this bruva. most people needs a home that can last!
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by hunkyjohn(m): 3:20pm On May 13, 2011
Bad character can kill faster than cancer.
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 13, 2011
@poster
dont try to put the carriage before the horse.

A) the beauty is what will draw you toward that stranger at the first place.
B) after getting to know her fully, her character will either draw you even further toward her or drive you away.
C) thinking of marriage before getting the satisfaction on BOTH level, is a waste of time (IMHO) and therefore you should keep searching ather than settling for less.
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by kokoye(m): 6:36pm On May 13, 2011
how will I know about your character without being attracted to you in the first place
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by md4real(m): 7:07pm On May 13, 2011
beauty is first! abi you see chick you don know her character already??
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by chikeorji123(m): 7:38pm On May 13, 2011
in times of girlfriend u may approach base on beauty but when it's come to marriage then character is a must. cool cool
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 13, 2011
beauty first my brother. Even ugly one got attitude problem, so take the fine one, and manage her even tho she's bad attitude wise
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by sexylogan(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2011
A woman may be attractive, but it's her character that makes her beautiful.
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 13, 2011
no beauty no stay cheesy
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by SlamDunk(m): 1:45pm On May 14, 2011
Tho character shld b d 1st, bt its jst natural to go 4 beauty. Abi wu wnts 2 date an ugly S U babe?
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by Pweety4me(f): 2:00pm On May 14, 2011
What i see first then after what i ave to deal with tongue
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by kannymoore(m): 2:02pm On May 14, 2011
Hey pweety! Sup!
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by Orton10(m): 2:04pm On May 14, 2011
The issue is a few ladies are beautiful, but lack the character. Also, a few are just there but have the Characters and virtues of true woamnhood.
^
I'll rather stick with the bold.
But You can't  help but NOTICE the outward appearance and qualities first . . . now can You? . . .
And standing from afar contemplating or anticipating her behaviours and virtues won't only sound dumb but silly.

I'll take my chances with the former, If I can't tolerate or change her errs to suit me, I'll have no choice but pull-out.
Afteral like the popular cliche goes - Beauty is Only skin deep . . .
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by Pweety4me(f): 2:08pm On May 14, 2011
kannymoore:

Hey pweety! Sup!
I dey, na wa 4 u ooo cheesy smiley
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by kannymoore(m): 2:10pm On May 14, 2011
Damn! I never pursue woman like i've pursued you all over nairaland. Chei! To be a stalker is a HELL of a pastime. Lol! You wanna chat?
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by Pweety4me(f): 2:38pm On May 14, 2011
kannymoore:

Damn! I never pursue woman like i've pursued you all over nairaland. Chei! To be a stalker is a HELL of a pastime. Lol! You wanna chat?
Lol eyy shushh *places finger over his lips* we good wink mehnn my guyyy u know we dey in open grin i go holla u sha, but now is not convenient smiley
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by hunkyjohn(m): 2:39pm On May 14, 2011
Hmmm, pweety has found love. What a pleasant sight. cool
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by Pweety4me(f): 2:48pm On May 14, 2011
hunkyjohn:

Hmmm, pweety has found love. What a pleasant sight. cool
Abeg no make me laugh, se everytin u dey see u must talk? shocked
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by zealot4me(f): 6:31pm On May 14, 2011
OP BEAUTY COMES FIRST AND THEN CHARACTER FOLLOWS
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by 190: 6:33pm On May 14, 2011
Character first

Thats what i always look for

The moment i notice you dont have any sort of manners, respect or Home training, I'll slowly bail undecided
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by Goldieluks: 6:34pm On May 14, 2011
A godly character is very okay by me.
smiley
Re: Beauty Or Character, Which Would You Consider First? by 190: 6:34pm On May 14, 2011
^Ooooooohh!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women:learn To Be A Good Wife Today. / His Girlfriend Is Forcing Him To Wear This T-shirt..good Or Bad Idea? / What Is/are Your Favourite Love Quote(s)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.