Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me (4215 Views)

Pls Nairalanders, Is This Genuine? / Pls Nairalanders, I Neede Job Urgently, Any Job Will Do / Pls Nairalanders, Is Uac Already Calling For Management Trainee Test/interview? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by keleto(m): 2:33pm On May 13, 2011
After this long years of job hunting and searching, i finally got a well paying job with a telecom company, and i have been posted to KASTINA STATE, but now, my parents are not so happy, and are kicking against my move to the north because of the violence ,because am from lagos state.

pls advice me on what you think i should do because i really need this job.

your response will be welcome
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by Odunnu: 3:41pm On May 13, 2011
If I Odunnu need a job and I eventually get a good paying one anywhere in Nigeria I would go for it, but then i'm Odunnu a citizen and a believer of the entity called Nigeria.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by omo2: 1:08am On May 14, 2011
go for it. i served in katsina and can tell u that the violence doesnt spread there. they're either too conservative or the christian:muslim ratio is too low for them to bother any violence. any how. its kinda safe, just dont chase their chicks, or mis-waka. you should be alright. if ure posted to katsina town, try finding a place in kofar kaura layout or better still the GRA. thats about it, oh dont forget fadama hotel for football matches and beer. and maybe goma hotels for something else. good luck.

p.s it's a dry town so try catch ur groove small-small
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by keleto(m): 11:01am On May 14, 2011
thanks odunnu and omo2 for your contributions,still need more responses to convince my people pls. Secondly,am hoping to go there with my wife, what type of business do you think she can gainfully do when she get there.she is an NCE holder. No kids yet.
Pls respond.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by fineboy200: 8:34pm On May 14, 2011
HMMM. MY BROTHER DONT UNDERESTIMATE WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO. WELL YOU SHLD CONSIDER THE LOCATION YOU ARE GOING TO STAY, I MEAN IT MATTERS.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by keleto(m): 9:32pm On May 14, 2011
still expecting more responses
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by nanidee(f): 11:38pm On May 14, 2011
I have never been to katsina, but personally, i would not go to the north to live. By the way, has the company provided accomodation for you, or you would be the one to search for it yourself?

If you must go, then my advice is not to live in an area dominated by the trouble-causers. (do i hear you say how would you know them?)
Do your research well, and find out areas that are highly prone to the usual northern crises, avoid them and get a place where a lot of non-northerners live.

I served in Kaduna, and i was shocked to hear that the particular area i served in was seriously attacked in the last crises.
Reason? - high domination of the trouble causers.

So my dear, my advice to you, Do your research well, so that you do not end up sorry.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by Nobody: 5:23am On May 15, 2011
@keleto
Dont ignore the advise of your parent, they love you. But above all, God love you more and He knows what your parent dont know. God knows the future, i will advice you to go to your creator, fast and pray to seek His approval. if you get go and your mind is at peace, go to your parent and tell them sir/ma, my God, your God says i should go. you can be in Lagos and die or be killed at your prime age. Let God lead the way. And when you get there finally dont forget God, the earth is the Lord's and its fulness thereof. EXPERIENCE PEACE. It is well with you as you decide.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by keleto(m): 12:47pm On May 15, 2011
thanks
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 15, 2011
Humm keleto, i am frm south west bt im wokng n Azare wt Bauchi state govt. Im married too, no kid yet! My wife stays in Jos, where im sure she s safe as naira in CBN! As dere s no option, pls take the job but please, please and please never chase an hausa girl, no matter how beautiful and never discuss o argue religion wt an hausa-man. Never show off ur wealth to an hausa-man especialy wen u r livng among o close to dem, infact, as others had opined, do nt live within the hausas, even if u r a muslim!
In Azare, during the last post election mayhem, pple livng amng d hausas fo years were killed, their had earnd properties were looted, imovable ones were burnt. The only save place turnd out t be Low-cost area were mainly non-idigines reside!
Wt i have in Azare s just my pots, stove, and bedings wt few cloths. Please, re-consider takng ur wife, especialy dis early period. Study d ground b4 considrng takng her! T s easier t run when u r alone
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by tundebabzy: 9:53am On Jun 02, 2011
Well, i live in katsina. I was posted here in November last year. There was some violence here during the election period but that was related to the killing of a youth by a trigger happy policeman but the police and the army acted in time to prevent a major disaster. There was post-election violence in other Katsina cities too like Funtua, Daura and the rest but in the state capital there wasn't and the violence wasn't a massacre like in Kaduna and Kano.
I think you can consider taking the offer as Katsina (historically) isnt known for violence. Just be prayerful (like I am).
I'm still looking to leave here sha because I'm in the north but violence is very low in Katsina state capital.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by MMM2(m): 10:30am On Jun 02, 2011
op
if u must go u need 2 commit ur self into GOD hands.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by anishe(m): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2011
''Its easier to run when you are alone'' I LAUGH IN SWAHILI. My brother, please take up the job and convince your parents to give you the parental blessings to succeed where you are going. It is not good to go without you convincing your parents. It may backfire.
When you are, always make sure you call them regularly to put their minds at rest and always be on the look out for information that may suggest an unrest is likely to happen and take actio. God be with you.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by vickkyza: 11:26am On Jun 02, 2011
Take the job at your peril and be ready to be the next corpse at the next available religious crisis.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by jakigaga(m): 11:29am On Jun 02, 2011
be very scared,be very very very scared dear southerner,you have read all the reports from the newspapers and heard from tv stations.we kill at every opportunity especially southerners.i believe you should stay away from any job across the niger no matter the pay,your life matters to people that care about you(family and friends) so please stay away from the scourge that is northern nigeria.
From a concerned person
Arewa Republic
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2011
i just dey paranoid for these northern extremist bastards now, imagine dis guy is already scared wen he's actually suppose to be happy for gettin a job in dis hard times,, yet we say we are 1 nigeria, smtcheww! My broda dnt worry God knws d best, if God be for us,who can be against us, but u hav to be close to God frm on onwards, i warn!
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by otokx(m): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2011
Poster says he is currently in Bauchi so why should he be afraid of Katsina.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by mekaboy(m): 11:45am On Jun 02, 2011

MY BRODA IF U WANT TO BE USED FOR SUYA , THEN GO TO KASTINA. HOPE U HAVE WRITTEN YOUR WILL grin grin

Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 02, 2011
I will advice you to take the job. #1. Long job search
#2. You are married
#3.katsina is relatively peaceful
#4.your wife's n.c.e means a flexible teaching job
#5.There are enough tips on this thread on how to settle down peacefully.
#6. U just received an open door that can open more doors. The question is do you wish and pray for the negative.
In My Opinion if Kano calls with a lucrative post I would go and live among southerners. Take Apata in Jos 4 example,no malo man can cross Alikazaure street to enter Apata and cause trouble,the ibo men and other tribes will roast them alive.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by Exponental(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2011
cogitoErgo:

Humm keleto, i am frm south west bt im wokng n Azare wt Bauchi state govt. Im married too, no kid yet! My wife stays in Jos, where im sure she s safe as naira in CBN! As dere s no option, pls take the job but please, please and please never chase an hausa girl, no matter how beautiful and never discuss o argue religion wt an hausa-man. Never show off your wealth to an hausa-man especialy wen u r livng among o close to dem, infact, as others had opined, do nt live within the hausas, even if u r a muslim!
In Azare, during the last post election mayhem, pple livng amng d hausas fo years were killed, their had earnd properties were looted, imovable ones were burnt. The only save place turnd out t be Low-cost area were mainly non-idigines reside!
Wt i have in Azare s just my pots, stove, and bedings wt few cloths. Please, re-consider takng your wife, especialy dis early period. Study d ground b4 considrng takng her! T s easier t run when u r alone
Du u copy dat? I dont av dat experience though
but
With wat i experienced 2days ago and 2day (both tyms, attempted murder)-
1st, due 2 communicatn gap, someone suggested d oda shld call HAUSA  man 2 speak, rather he felt insulted on hearing HAUSA, he approached his truck & brot out 2 diff matchets attempting 2 strike. the boy in questn shld be abt 16yrs
2nd, anoda one was told 2 repark his truck, obstructing d entrance, he also did d same thing too.
Devil Incanate I tell u.
Mere correcting them, they become violent.

You really need d grace of Baba God iF u must go oo.
Also, pls be very careful oo & always av enough cash on u in case u av 2 move fast or ATM as d case may be.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by jakigaga(m): 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2011
We are waiting for you, can i get the exact date and time you will be arriving,so that i can arrange a wellcome party for you.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by ypad: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2011
I have stayed in the north b4, there is no place in the north that is safe. You can't tell what 'll spring up the next violence in the north. I 'll advice you commit this matter to the Great GOD whose name alone is JEHOVAH. Let HIM direct your steps.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by emmke(m): 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2011
funny. I wish we could swap places with this guy. I work in lagos and i detest the place so much. Such Rowdy, over-populated place. I'd definitely take my chances in katsina if given the chance. I mean is not as if lagos is exactly safe.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by olusu: 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2011
[color=#000099]bros take the job and u'll be okay. I served in Taraba in 2009 and i got job in Lagos but was transferred to Yola- Adamawa  State. I was latter moved to Taraba and i'm okay. The only thing is that get accommodation where the elites are living like GRA and do not follow there girls or be too religious. U'll surely come back to south. Above all, be vigilant and prayerful. Love u and God be with u. About ur parents, convince them to pray for u and mind u nobody can give u N20,000 EVERY MONTH.[/color]
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by anointedf(m): 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2011
A friend of mine worked with Dangote in the late '90s, the salary relatively OK but the guy is not settled. Each day he leaves for the office, always move around with all Certificates, testimonials, results and vital credentials. They could set the whole place on fire, he is ready to loose anything but the credentials.

Imagine the level of insecurity and danger. Bros pray very well and if you are convinced, fine. For me, I dont have any business in the north.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by drgica74: 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2011
Well, just use your first salary to buy coffin and keep. In form your closest friend where the coffin is, in case.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by hildaa(f): 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2011
Katsina is one peaceful state in the north, i think you should and be very careful
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by hildaa(f): 2:25pm On Jun 02, 2011
Katsina is one peaceful state in the north, i think you should go and be very careful grin grin grin
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2011
drgica74:

Well, just use your first salary to buy coffin and keep. In form your closest friend where the coffin is, in case.
why not buy a pump action? Lol
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2011
my guy lets be truthful i did my nysc in the east and have been in the west  just got to the north some years back. when it comes to security of life and properties the north is the safest go ask any southerner that has ever been to the north. when i was in the east once its 8pm the whole city just goes indoors ppl are afraid of the night there.sha in the west is not too bad, but let me tel u this even to police that are in the south  make u feel unsafe once you see them in the night .but in the north u can move around freely any time of the day or night without any fear.wont lie to u about the violence that happened in the north but its always politically motivated.the ppl are mostly peace loving ppl its the politicians.and don’t forget the northern also fear the mossob and the opc.i’v been round 9ja and and so far the north is quit safe.
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by gungume: 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2011
Iam an indigene of ktn my advice to you is take the job nothing will happen to you, we are living peacefully and we have christian that are indigene of ktn state especially those in malunfashi,kafur,musawaLGAs. Any body advising you not to take the job is the great enemy of your progress. Be wise enough!
Re: Kastina Issue, Pls Nairalanders Advice Me by Reference(m): 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2011
Just tie a long rope around your waist. One quick jerk and we will all pull you out. Good luck. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancy At Department Of Petroleum Resources (DPR) / Lasu Pgd/masters / Very Lucrative Part-time Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.