Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,094 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:47 AM

Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss (1173 Views)

Poll: Are Non Tithers under a curse ?

Yes: 0% (0 votes)
No: 100% (14 votes)
Confused: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice / Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka In Subsidy Removal(he Cursed Jonathan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 13, 2011
If you didn't tithe, are you cursed? If yes, what was the use of Christ dying on the cross and becoming a curse for us? Many churches teach you are cursed if you don't tithe.
Re: Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by kokoye(m): 9:41pm On May 13, 2011
I speak for me:

My Jesus said to love my neighbour as myself and be a good samaritan. . . . that is all I strive to do.

Again, according to me, Tithe is a way to guarantee pastors their salaries. Of course they dont want to go hungry . . so what do they do to make sure??  put fear in peoples' minds??  Naaa!

God help us all.
Re: Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by Joagbaje(m): 9:53pm On May 13, 2011
God doesn't curse his children.
Re: Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 13, 2011
Joagbaje:

God doesn't curse his children.

Thank you Brother, so why is it then that in a few churches, they make a statement that non-tithers are cursed ?
Re: Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by Joagbaje(m): 10:08pm On May 13, 2011
They are quoting from Malachi of course , it's in the bible. It is not a manipulative issue, that's based on their understanding of that passage. Tithing caries a grace, prayer carries a grace.study ,worship and Every act of obedience carries grace . So when you don't pray , you miss out of the grace it manifests. Same things goes for tithing and offering. We don't rob God , we rob ourselves rather if we don't give.
Re: Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 13, 2011
Jesus never asked for tithes so why are pastors collecting it, do pastors know the Bible more than Jesus?
Re: Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by Enigma(m): 11:42pm On May 13, 2011
Joagbaje:

They are quoting from Malachi of course , it's in the bible. It is not a manipulative issue, that's based on their understanding of that passage. Tithing caries a grace, prayer carries a grace.study ,worship and Every act of obedience carries grace . So when you don't pray , you miss out of the grace it manifests. Same things goes for tithing and offering. We don't rob God , we rob ourselves rather if we don't give.

But Oyaks your boss says those who don't pay tithes are robbing God!
Re: Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by Zikkyy(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2011
I am yet to make up my mind, but its likely i will vote 'YES' grin why? cos pastor can curse members that dont tithe grin
Re: Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by garyarnold(m): 8:22pm On May 14, 2011
Galatians 3:13 “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us…”

Case closed. Pastors who teach the Malachi curse are false teachers. Period.
Re: Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by KunleOshob(m): 7:22am On May 15, 2011
Gentiles (that means us) were never under the law or it's curse in the first instance. The law was strictly for the Jews and was clearly not part of the gospel as emphasised by the apostles in Acts 15.
Re: Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by chyke27(m): 1:17pm On May 15, 2011
Jesus said we should lay up treasures for ourselves in heaven where thieves do not break in to steal and moth do not destroy. The mistake of today's christianity is the feeling and belief that once you are saved that your works do not matter forgetting that judgement is based on works. Note that the judgement of unbelievers is based on belief for whosoever does not believe in the Son is condemned already. But for the believer,it is based on works which is why the scripture says that everyman's work shall be tested by fire and if such works were destroyed,the fellow will be saved but just like one from the fire. Jesus advised us to tithe when he said that you bring your thithe and offerings but overlook the more important aspects of the law such as justice and mercy,when He added,you should have done the latter without neglecting the former. In other words tithing should not be neglected by the believer. Jesus delivers from the curse of the law NOT from the curse of disobedience of the law for the bible says that God condemned sin in sinful man that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. Note that the christian life is a higher one that meets and surpasses the righteous requirement of the law. That is why Jesus said 'be ye perfect as your heavenly father is perfect'. People discouraging believers from tithing just because there are coveteous pastors are not helping the cause of God's kingdom because whether you like it or not,it is an injunction from God in both testaments. You do not realize that Gods Word rings true physically and spiritually because you are looking at the temporal because one greedy pastor is after your money forgetting that what counts is God's records of your works with which He will reward you for all eternity. That's why the scripture admonishes us to fix our eyes above where Jesus is seated in heavenly places and to invest our treasures in heaven. Your givings;tithe,offerings,services to God-in and outside the church are your investment for eternity not just for the temporal material 'blessings' because the true rewards are in the life to come. God is a rewarder of every service,gift,work and love of the believer. That is why in the parable of the talent,He rewarded a servant with ten cities,another with five and yet another with none. On that day,that is how it will be,some believers will get nothing because they invested nothing in the kingdom because another human being discouraged them. Because they were looking at one coveteous pastor. God is just and will not reward you with another man's work,investment,service or in this case,tithe. If you are heading towards heaven,invest there and never allow any take your crown. It is more blessed to give than to receive.
PEACE!
Re: Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss by aletheia(m): 7:47am On May 16, 2011
chyke27:

Jesus said we should lay up treasures for ourselves in heaven where thieves do not break in to steal and moth do not destroy.
^
This statement is okay, but the slant you are giving to it renders it man-centric and incomplete. Heaven is not a mutual fund that we invest into by buying shares by tithing or other good works.

John 6: [28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? [29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Rather:
Colossians 3: [1] If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. [2] Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. [3] For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Colossians 2: . . .and of Christ; [3] In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Psalm 73: [25] Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. [26] My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

Christ is our treasure. And we are saved by grace. It is the gift of God. . .
Ephesians: [8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Whatever good works we do in Christ is not of us but from God, to Whom be praise and worship forever.

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Short Cut To Heaven? / US Doctor Claims To Have Been To Heaven / Desmond Tutuh Supports Euthanasia (assisted Death). Whats Your Take.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.