Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,841 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel (3207 Views)

The Easiest Shenghen Country To Secure Visa From Nigeria / Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel by Celery(m): 3:06am On May 14, 2011
Good morning my fellow Nigeria. A Britist girl that i have been dating for a while through the internet has asked me to come and she want to send me an invitation. I am totaly a novise on the matter of travelling and securing visa. Please i want a useful information on how to use invitation letter to travel and how i am going to secure a Visa with it. Thanks.
Re: My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel by kenny33: 10:29am On May 14, 2011
no be only invitation letter you go need, U will need other documents too, utilite bills, bank statement, data passport page etc then you get a form at the ukvac, fill it very well and apply (this does'nt mean you will be given, i get my own brit invite me and i was refuse but now find my way)
Re: My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel by kenny33: 10:35am On May 14, 2011
but i won ask you se you get work or dey sch or you dey marry cos if not you will be refuse, i came back last week and apply and i was refuse the entry clearance! well reason as i dey my parent house no get job or dey study so they belive if i go again i know go come back, but me as i dey i know get there time now na only what worry me his that i like my brit partner we dey there and i won return go join am, because em they cry they upset now
Re: My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel by kenny33: 10:39am On May 14, 2011
i think the best option is for you to allow her come here and do a marraige and go with her (note it meant not be immediately) cos i am talking from experience or beta tell her to come meet each other and do a fiance visa that is mush better hope than a visiting visa (that is my own tip)
Re: My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 15, 2011
Celery:

Good morning my fellow Nigeria. A Britist girl that i have been dating for a while through the internet has asked me to come and she want to send me an invitation. I am totaly a novise on the matter of travelling and securing visa. Please i want a useful information on how to use invitation letter to travel and how i am going to secure a Visa with it. Thanks.

What you'll need from your British girlfriend:

01) Her wage slips.
02) Her bank statements for the last 6 months.
03) Her utility bills: gas, (if applicable) electricity, TV licence, (if applicable) telephone, (if applicable) (not mobile) water bill (if applicable).
04) Her tenancy agreement for the property she lives in, or Mortgage Statement if she's bought it.
05) Her letter of employment, or certificate of incorporation if she's self employed with a registered company.
06) Copy of her Passport Data Page.
07) Invitation letter.
08) Travel itinerary.
09) Details of email / postal correspondence between both you and your girlfriend.

What you'll need to supply:

01) Bank statements for last 6 months.
02) Letter of employment.
03) Wage slips.
04) Tax clearance certificate.
05) Passport valid for at least 6 months.
06) Letter of granted leave from your employer.
07) Details of any solid commitments / ties to Nigeria (very important).

Note, this is based on a visitor's visa. A first time visa is likely to be no more than 6 months, so if you plan to get married to your British girlfriend, she'll need to apply for a Certificate of Approval, before you're granted permission to have a Registry Wedding.

Of course, if you both decide to get married in the Anglican Church (Church of England) the Anglican vicars are easier to work with. They are unlikely to request a COA even with a 6-month visa.

Best of luck, let's know how you get on.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel by DisGuy: 2:38am On May 16, 2011
Why not invite her to Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia much easier and less stressful that way grin

1 Like

Re: My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel by Celery(m): 9:36am On May 17, 2011
Siena:

What you'll need from your British girlfriend:

01) Her wage slips.
02) Her bank statements for the last 6 months.
03) Her utility bills: gas, (if applicable) electricity, TV licence, (if applicable) telephone, (if applicable) (not mobile) water bill (if applicable).
04) Her tenancy agreement for the property she lives in, or Mortgage Statement if she's bought it.
05) Her letter of employment, or certificate of incorporation if she's self employed with a registered company.
06) Copy of her Passport Data Page.
07) Invitation letter.
08) Travel itinerary.
09) Details of email / postal correspondence between both you and your girlfriend.

What you'll need to supply:

01) Bank statements for last 6 months.
02) Letter of employment.
03) Wage slips.
04) Tax clearance certificate.
05) Passport valid for at least 6 months.
06) Letter of granted leave from your employer.
07) Details of any solid commitments / ties to Nigeria (very important).

Note, this is based on a visitor's visa. A first time visa is likely to be no more than 6 months, so if you plan to get married to your British girlfriend, she'll need to apply for a Certificate of Approval, before you're granted permission to have a Registry Wedding.

Of course, if you both decide to get married in the Anglican Church (Church of England) the Anglican vicars are easier to work with. They are unlikely to request a COA even with a 6-month visa.

Best of luck, let's know how you get on.

Thanks alot. These r too much for me. I finished my service yr last june and i am yet to be employ bt i am working as an home base online brokerage and i am yet to secure a contract. I have askd her to come bt she said she cant come because of her work. We have a house, utility bills, i dont have a huge acct bt i can use some1 elses, and a tie to Naija is another thing. She is not talking abt getting married yet. These are much. I knw she will have those things you mentioned. This is getting some hw, i dont want to use stressful. Do you have alternative means for me to bypass those requirements? Give me ur email address and lets chat. Pls help me.
Re: My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel by Celery(m): 9:52am On May 17, 2011
kenny33:

but i won ask you se you get work or dey sch or you dey marry cos if not you will be refuse, i came back last week and apply and i was refuse the entry clearance! well reason as i dey my parent house no get job or dey study so they belive if i go again i know go come back, but me as i dey i know get there time now na only what worry me his that i like my brit partner we dey there and i won return go join am, because em they cry they upset now
kenny33:

no be only invitation letter you go need, U will need other documents too, utilite bills, bank statement, data passport page etc then you get a form at the ukvac, fill it very well and apply (this does'nt mean you will be given, i get my own brit invite me and i was refuse but now find my way)
Thanks Mr. Keke. I am sorry abt ur refusal and ur stay back. Life is TBT( Turn By Turn) it will get 2 ur turn, trust me. The procedure na die, jeez. I go pass 2ru all dat many many documentation. God dy. Thanks, give me ur id lets chat and talk abt d travelling documentation. Thanks bros.
Re: My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel by stone4rock(m): 1:47pm On May 17, 2011
Celery:

send me the list of document u need on harmonyconsult@yahoo.com may b i cud b of help.
1luv.
Re: My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel by Celery(m): 7:13pm On May 17, 2011
stone4rock:

send me the list of document u need on harmonyconsult@yahoo.com may b i cud b of help.
1luv.
Thanks for your mail and i will add you to my yahoo messenger list in order to chat with you. Thanks.
Re: My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel by AlphaStyles(m): 11:16pm On May 15, 2017
kenny33:

just for travel chai

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Has Already Started In Brazil(photos) / Do I Need A Visa To Travel To Tanzania ? / Denmark Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.