Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights (30178 Views)

Kanu Drags DSS To Court, Says His Blood Taken More Than 21 Times / David Matsanga: I Didn't Lure Nnamdi Kanu To Kenya To Be Abducted / Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Death Sentence: Falana Drags FG, Kano To African Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has dragged the Nigerian and Kenyan governments to the African Commission on Human and Peoples Rights, to demand accountability for his extraordinary rendition.

Kanu’s special counsel, Aloy Ejimakor, revealed this in a statement on his Facebook wall late Monday.

Ejimakor said jurisdiction lies with the Commission because Nigeria and Kenya are state parties to the African Charter.

It reads: “A few days ago, I commenced a continental legal action against Nigeria and Kenya before the African Commission on Human and Peoples Rights, demanding accountability for the extraordinary rendition of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

“Jurisdiction lies with the Commission because Nigeria and Kenya are State Parties to the African Charter; and Nigeria even took a step further to domesticate the Charter, thus making it part of her municipal laws.

“Both countries also have extradition laws that prohibit this sort of reprehensible conduct that saw Kanu to Nigeria.

“More particularly, extraordinary rendition is expressly prohibited under the African Charter, where It provides in pertinent part that “A State may not transfer (e.g. deport, expel, remove, extradite) an individual to the custody of another State unless it is prescribed by law and in accordance with due process and other international human rights obligations. Extraordinary rendition, or any other transfer, without due process is prohibited”.

“A victim of extraordinary rendition is entitled to remedies mandated by the Charter.

“Therefore, among many other reliefs, I requested that Kanu be restored to his state of being before the rendition, which state of being was that he travelled to Kenya on his British passport and was duly admitted as such and as a free man.

“Further, that no valid territorial jurisdiction can issue from an act of extraordinary rendition because Kanu is, technically speaking, still in Kenya.

“And that the Nigerian bench warrant standing against Kanu is, in the absence of any successful extradition proceedings in Kenya, invalid to arrest in Kenya.

“I also requested the Commission to adopt other urgent measures as the Commission sees fit in the circumstances to protect Nnamdi Kanu in the interim. A fact-finding visitation to Nigeria is also in reckoning.

“In my previous press briefings, I had said – with much confidence – that Kanu’s trial will be a trial within trial. To those who didn’t fully grasp what it meant, this extant continental legal action will give you a clue. And this is just the beginning.

“To be sure, any nation that dabbles in extraordinary rendition has unwittingly brought impediments to her territorial jurisdiction. So, Nigeria, whether it admits it or not, has triggered a hornets nest that has, for the first time, brought the international legal order to bear on the matter of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/kanu-drags-nigeria-kenya-to-african-commission-on-human-and-peoples-rights/amp/

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by budaatum: 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2021
The smart thing to do.

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Fahdiga(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2021
Nigeria and Kenya will forever regret this singular act. The rest of the world now see the two countries as banana republics. Repercussions for both countries will soon commence

236 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Elgorny(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2021
This guy above me Where were you when mnk terorising and disturbing nigeria peace?

76 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by BlowYourMind: 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by raker300: 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
The outcome of this case will shock many of kanu’s haters

176 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Tony3245(m): 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
A good move..
I do writeups, assignments, and projects...check my signature a

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by PrinceOfLagos: 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
Right thing to do

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Racoon(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
“A State may not transfer (e.g. deport, expel, remove, extradite) an individual to the custody of another State unless it is prescribed by law and in accordance with due process & other international human rights obligations. Extraordinary rendition, or any other transfer, without due process is prohibited”.
Lawlessness has been a unique feature of this evil government.This Umaru Dikko saga it has entangled itself into is gonna be its Achilles heel.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by BLAISECAMPAORE: 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
Did he drag his cage along biko?

Abi how did he drag anyone from inside DSS cage?

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by BafanaBafana: 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
Fahdiga:
[s]Nigeria and Kenya will forever regret this singular act. The rest of the world now see the two countries as banana republics. Repercussions for both countries will soon commence[/s]
Mtcheeew!
Ipob with their primary 4 reasoning

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by RoyalUc(m): 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
He who comes to equity must come with a clean hand!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Genesiis(m): 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
Elgorny:
Where were you when mnk terorising and disturbing nigeria peace?
That is not how the Court works, it works with proven evidence and not mere emotional thoughts. It does not label an individual a criminal until it has been proven with facts.

BTW, why do I have the feeling the feds has shot itself on the foot ?

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Joromi1: 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
Which of the Kanus? The dead IPOB leader or another one?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by jlinkd78(m): 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
Nnamdi Kanu outside being blessed with great IQ is also blessed with two great and highly celebral lawyers in both Ifeanyi Ejiofor and Alloy Ejimakor. As it is at d moment it has been been established that d FG didn't extradite Kanu but did extraordinary rendition which simply means abduction/kidnapping. Nigerian Govt have really boxed themselves into a tight corner. Unknown to d FG, Kanu was actually praying for an opportunity to have his case against d FG to have an international adjudication and out of a twist of fate, this state sponsored abduction has provided him that and again brought d Biafran agitation to d fore

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by DrSamOnowu87(m): 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
Elgorny:
Terrorising,disturbing d Nigerian peace like Bandits,kidnappers,fulani herdsmen or how?
where were u when d NA,NN,NAF,NPF were killing d peaceful ipob protesters for years b4 they took up weapon(s) to defend themselves. Pot calling kettle black.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by RoyalUc(m): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
raker300:
The outcome of this case will shock many of kanu’s haters

If this is actually true, believe me, the outcome of this case will shock many of kanu’s brainwashed, radicalised supporters.

BTW, why does Ejimakor say one thing today and Ejiofor will say another thing tomorrow? Are they not in the same team?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Monogamy: 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
shocked

This kind case, na FIFA go fit do something about it quickly..

FIFA!!!

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by DrSamOnowu87(m): 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
Elgorny:
Terrorisin,disturbing d nigerian peace like Bandits,kidnappers,fulani herdsmen or how?
where were u when d NA,NN,NAF,NPF were killing d peaceful ipob protesters for years b4 they took up weapon(s) to defend themselves. Pot calling kettle black.

7 Likes

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by RoyalUc(m): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
Racoon:
[i][/i] Lawlessness has been a unique feature of this evil government.This Umaru Dikko saga it has entangled itself into is gonna be its Achilles heel.

Racoon, I'm surprised that a lawless entity will be talking about lawlessness

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by vedaxcool(m): 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
[s]
Racoon:
[i][/i] Lawlessness has been a unique feature of this evil government.This Umaru Dikko saga it has entangled itself into is gonna be its Achilles heel.
[/s]

Defense of lawlessness and criminality has been a hallmark of all your posts on nairaland.

Fendi wearing thuggish murderer failed terrorists is done with fooling himself, he will still be in a cell decaying like banana leaves.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Racoon(m): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
[s]
vedaxcool:
Defense of lawlessness and criminality has been a hallmark of all your posts on nairaland.Fendi wearing thuggish murderer failed terrorists is done with fooling himself, he will still be in a cell decaying like banana leaves.
[/s]Nobody is as lawless as Buhari.I choose Nnamdi Kanu anytime, anyday, anyway and anyhow over the failed terrorist.Bandits and BH sympathizer.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by DrSamOnowu87(m): 9:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
DSS failed to bring MNK to court bcus there ve no proven evidence against him,if not they wud ve rush his trial to ensure he is convicted and face d consequence but alas they failed and out of cluelessness connived wit d trial judge to postpone it till october. Why october? What facts do u still want to gather or what is actually happening?
Nigeria is a failed nation & ve made itself a think of mockery in d committe of nations.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by vedaxcool(m): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
[s]
Racoon:
Nobody is as lawless as Buhari.I choose Nnamdi Kanu anytime, anyday, anyway and anyhow over the failed terrorist.Bandits and BH sympathizer.
[/s]

Yes you choose a ritualist who consumed the heads of 10 virgins because of hating Buhari. You will always choose criminals and murderers over those combating their criminality. Didn't you hail those who ate $2b meant for arms?
We know you secretly cheer for Bandits and BH that the evil party you worship supported and nurtured.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by BeardedMeat(m): 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
BLAISECAMPAORE:
Did he drag his cage along biko?

Abi how did he drag anyone from inside DSS cage?
Two zoo soldiers are awaiting beheading in sambisa forest right now. Who will save them?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by BeardedMeat(m): 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Yes you choose a ritualist who consumed the heads of 10 virgins because of hating Buhari. You will always choose criminals and murderers over those combating their criminality. Didn't you hail those who ate $2b meant for arms?
We know you secretly cheer for Bandits and BH that the evil party you worship supported and nurtured.
Your lies and propaganda won't still establish Ruga in Igbo land.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by vedaxcool(m): 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
[s]
BeardedMeat:
Your lies and propaganda won't still establish Ruga in Igbo land.
[/s]

Ipob operatives actually said how they used the heads of virgin to do bullet proof.
PS
grin grin grin going by nollywood there is no land available reason why brothers are always killing brothers over the scarcity.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Nonpartisan1: 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
Osama Bin Ladin Comes To Mind... cheesygrin grin

Useless IPOB Brain Dead Lawyer..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Dymaco(m): 9:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
Kenya, shebi u wan play politics

1 Like

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by AntiBMC(m): 9:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
Good... Keep dragging the imb£ciles like I-pass-my-neighbour generator.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Drags Nigeria & Kenya To African Commission On Human And Peoples Rights by Africana1123(m): 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
FG lawyer grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi Sold Their Candidacy To Nigerians / #bringbackoursoldiers Now Trending On Twitter (screenshots) / Metuh To EFCC: I’d Rather Starve Than Refund N400m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.