Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? (8386 Views)

Who Should Be Older In A Relationship? / What Will Be Your Reaction If Your Wife-to-be Does This... / Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by thetelz(m): 6:38pm On May 14, 2011
Hello Nairalanders,i was just wondering if it was really bad for a wife to be older than her husband with less than a year or its just african mentality? If you were to be a father or a mother,would you let your son marry a girl thats less than a year older than him? And if you're a guy about to get married,can you marry a lady who is a year older than you? Well i think its ok as long as there is love between both of you.
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by Pweety4me(f): 6:42pm On May 14, 2011
I dey come. . .
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by 190: 6:44pm On May 14, 2011
I find it kinda irritating

when the husband is like 50, he would need the help of the wife then

you cant be using walkin stick and your wife using walkin stick

[size=15pt]who would hold who~[/size]

Thats why its advisable to always go for a lady who's younger say 3-even 10yrs apart

but its the african mentality anyway

cos its kinda cool knowing at 60 your wife is just 45

Not 60 / 60
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by hunkyjohn(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2011
It's ok. Just make sure d babe is hotter than her age and you'll be fine.
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by Goldieluks: 6:46pm On May 14, 2011
There's nothing wrong in that,as long as there is love and understanding between them.
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by 190: 6:47pm On May 14, 2011
Goldieluks:

There's nothing wrong in that,as long as there is love and understanding between them.

Good LAWD!! angry angry
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by Goldieluks: 6:52pm On May 14, 2011
190:

I find it kinda irritating

when the husband is like 50, he would need the help of the wife then

you cant be using walkin stick and your wife using walkin stick

[size=15pt]who would hold who~[/size]

Thats why its advisable to always go for a lady who's younger say 3-even 10yrs apart

but its the african mentality anyway

cos its kinda cool knowing at 60 your wife is just 45

Not 60 / 60

its not an African mentality,
white people do it too,love is all that matters,
its just a year or two three years difference,you sound like its a decade.
and besides, a healthy 60 year old woman is stronger than a healthy 60 year old man.
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by 190: 6:53pm On May 14, 2011
^But women age quicker than male's

so how would a 60yr old woman be stronger 

reason why i said its african is cos till the 21st century it was more praticed and pronounced in africa

men getting women twice their age to avoid future problems angry
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by BABE3: 7:12pm On May 14, 2011
OP-- Less than a year? You mean more than a year right?~~coz, that would make more sense.

There's no problem abeg, as long as they're happy, in love and compatible. smiley
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by thetelz(m): 7:13pm On May 14, 2011
Lol 190,who'll hold who at 60. But thats a good point though,thats why they'd marry at an early age and they'll have fully grown up children though. I mean african mentality like you take a girl thats older than you to your father and he's like 'over my dead body,thats an abomination' . Like i said,its just less than a year's difference. I'm not in that position o.lol just thinking about it and decided to throw the question.
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by 190: 7:46pm On May 14, 2011
the_telz:

Lol 190,who'll hold who at 60. But thats a good point though,thats why they'd marry at an early age and they'll have fully grown up children though. I mean african mentality like you take a girl thats older than you to your father and he's like 'over my dead body,thats an abomination' . Like i said,its just less than a year's difference. I'm not in that position o.lol just thinking about it and decided to throw the question.

my advice is go for a younger lady, fresh meat

and in another 20years u'll thank me cool
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by Natasha2(f): 8:15pm On May 14, 2011
nope
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by Sirfly: 8:19pm On May 14, 2011
age is just a #
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by thetelz(m): 9:36pm On May 14, 2011
Yeah age is just a number but african mentality or nigerian mentality believes that she'll be your boss in the house since she feels she's older
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:29am On May 15, 2011
Goldieluks:

REAlly
@op
no big deal init though but in d oldies pple dnt really do it, nowadaiz pple do it n feel comfortable doing it,
When you love ur partner you wont care if she is fine or not talkless her AGE
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by Beync(f): 9:50am On May 15, 2011
1,2 yrs is no bid deal as long as she look k
but who says the woman is younger is a guarantee that she will live longer to takecare of the man at old age
So u marrying a younger girl so she will be your nanny at your old age, grow up!

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by CrudeOil2(m): 9:54am On May 15, 2011
Whatever
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by Nobody: 9:58am On May 15, 2011
Not African mentality, but global mentality. As for me? I don't care. Do whatever makes you happy and helps you sleep at night. As long as it's between you and whomever. If it doesn't influence me or anyone besides yourselves and your close people, then carry go smiley
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by Mynd44: 12:17pm On May 15, 2011
hmmm
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by thetelz(m): 1:56pm On May 15, 2011
@ogugua88 i specifically put african mentality cos in other western countries e.g america,uk,germany its a normal thing. Nobody cares. I did a search on this and partially everyone in those countries said there was nothing wrong with it so i wanted to know what we africans feel about it.
Re: Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? by MsPotato(f): 2:05pm On May 15, 2011
the_telz:

Hello Nairalanders,i was just wondering if it was really bad for a wife to be older than her husband with less than a year or its just african mentality? If you were to be a father or a mother,would you let your son marry a girl thats less than a year older than him? And if you're a guy about to get married,can you marry a lady who is a year older than you? Well i think its ok as long as there is love between both of you.

The one in Red is the answer

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Stingy Guys In Relationships!!!a Must Read ,girls Ur Opinion Please. / Am Afraid : Is There Still Decent Babes? / How To Have Leg Shaking Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.