Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,306 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone (7888 Views)

Killed For Asking For Dance In A Party(Pictured) / Damoche's Murder: Police Recovers His Phone / Photo: One Of The UNIPORT Students Killed For Stealing Phone And Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by MeGaStReEt: 8:58pm On May 14, 2011
A MURDERED schoolboy died trying to get his BlackBerry back from a gang of muggers, police said last night.

Teenager Temidayo Ogunneye was robbed of his pricey smartphone by three yobs.

Cops now believe he returned 80 minutes later with three pals determined to retrieve the gadget.

A clash broke out between the two groups - some of whom were in school uniform - and Temidayo, 15, was stabbed in the stomach.

After the fight, witnessed by up to ten teenagers, his killer ran off shouting, 'I done him'.

Nigerian-born Temidayo died in hospital six hours after the fight on the Calais Gate estate in Camberwell, South London, on Wednesday afternoon.

Det Chief Insp John McFarlane, leading the inquiry, said: "He was robbed by three youths and returned with mates in an attempt to regain the phone. It was during an altercation he received the wounds."

A resident of the estate reported seeing three or four girls gathered round Temidayo as he lay injured in the street.

BlackBerrys are popular with teenagers because of a free inter-phone message service.

Three youths were being quizzed yesterday.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3579894/Stab-teen-Temidayo-Ogunneye-killed-for-his-phone.html#ixzz1MMIT7mon

may his soul rest in peace
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Idowuogbo(f): 9:03pm On May 14, 2011
omggg , i knew diss bb hype wud kill one day , may his soul rest in perfect peace cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kandiikane(m): 10:10pm On May 14, 2011
No surprise there in the death of another teenager in London but may in RIP.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Nobody: 10:11am On May 15, 2011
Poor lad. Why didn't he just let the phone go? His life was much more precious!
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by MMM2(m): 11:17am On May 16, 2011
c what BB dey cause,
R
I
P
bros.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Koolking(m): 11:20am On May 16, 2011
Idowuogbo:

omggg , i knew diss bb hype wud kill one day , may his soul rest in perfect peace  cry cry cry cry cry

Stories of BB's death abound. I knew of a girl who pinged her way into a fast moving car and she was ran over big time. she over concentrated on her BB and never remembered she was walking on the road. Such incidences are not isolated.

Am not surprise
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by beeman80: 11:39am On May 16, 2011
rip
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kevoh(m): 11:42am On May 16, 2011
R.I.P Temidayo!
This BB of a thing sef and the unnecessay craze about it.So sad,
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 16, 2011
Koolking:

Stories of BB's death abound. I knew of a girl who pinged her way into a fast moving car and she was ran over big time. she over concentrated on her BB and never remembered she was walking on the road. Such incidences are not isolated.

Am not surprised

I reckon there are many similar cases. I just don't get what the big deal is: is it the physical/psychological sensation of 'pinging' or typing on the BB keypad, or is it the actual substance of the conversation with the 'pinged' individual at the other end (maybe BB conversations are more interesting than non-BB conversations)? I may never undertand the fuss, because I may never 'deign' to use a BB.

Anyways, may all present and future BB victims rest in peace.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Cuteobi(f): 12:27pm On May 16, 2011
bb wahala!!!!
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Tolulop001(f): 12:28pm On May 16, 2011
Cuteobi:

bb wahala!!!!

as in . . .
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Ojumiii(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2011
Rest In Perfect Peace.

that how a lady almost get her self kill along Egbeda - Isheri road, all the name of pinging
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by deife(m): 12:53pm On May 16, 2011
What a loss!
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by rukkyluv(f): 1:08pm On May 16, 2011
r i p
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Lolabbey: 1:23pm On May 16, 2011
hmmmm,rest in peace dear,may God giv d famly d fortitud to bear d loss. i advs bb users to b more careful,i dnt ping while on d road so y shld u?
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by TeeJay6(m): 1:42pm On May 16, 2011
He didn't die because of BB, he died because some animals decided to kill him for a seemingly worthless gadget. These same animals would gladly kill for £10 just to get their next fix, What a shame!
RIP Temidayo, , one way or the other your killers would get what they deserve.

1 Like

Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by jaymdee(m): 1:53pm On May 16, 2011
Who wants my BB?

RIP man. He stood for his property. Still brave Naija boy.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Guk: 2:23pm On May 16, 2011
Root cause(s) of these deaths need to be looked into, too many too often.
At least half a dozen teenage Nigerians have died from such violence in London in 2011 alone.
What is the Niagerian High Commission doing?
What is Bianca Ojukwu, Special Adviser to GEJ on Diaspora doing?
What is Abike Dabiri, Chairperson, House Commitee on Diaspora doing?

1 Like

Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by baslone: 3:30pm On May 16, 2011
hmmm. . . .been a while I heard "INSECURITY" or people blaming the government on threads like this.

Ohhh . . . .it happened in South London.

Rest In peace Lil' one!!!
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by babaowo: 3:39pm On May 16, 2011
hmmmm nah whaaaa wtf.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kandiikane(m): 4:06pm On May 16, 2011
GUK, what can he Nigerian government do? Did the killings happen in Nigeria? The government should do something about the killings happening in its country first before trying to jump on another country.

The root cause is parents not bringing up their children well, allowing them to roam about and come home whatever time they want.
Letting their child disrespect them and letting their children talk to them anyhow.
What should the Nigerian High Commission do? Most of these children where born in the UK, they are British citizens, let the British handle that.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by sonyvaio(f): 4:33pm On May 16, 2011
This woman fell into a fountain while on her BB

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/PW8xmI4w6U=en[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPW8xmI4w6U
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by 190: 4:36pm On May 16, 2011
Late Osama Bin laden switched on his BB and Pinged 3 nigerian girls

4 minutes later, he was shot in the eye undecided
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Guk: 5:14pm On May 16, 2011
Whilst not derogatory, we need to think through our replies before we post them. A couple of posters have reacted that whats the High Commission's business in this; whats Nigerian govt in this.

Its a pity that as Nigerians, we have developed an i dont care attitude towards ourselves therefore our expectations of our leaders to us is ZERO. Some of the respondents possibly live in the UK but unfortuantely UK has not rubbed off them. The High Commision is what it is because we do not demand the desired from them.

How can we have a High commission somewhere & you say whats their business with British born Nigerians. What is the High Commission there for. The FCO (Foreign & Commonwealth Office) provides their citizens all over the world with security & situation reports. Do ours The Oyinbo man provides crime information about its own country internally and that helps me in choosing which areas to avoid.

Our next generation is been wiped out with violence & we say its their problem becos of where they live.

The question, what can the Nigerian govt do, is what makes our govt react slowly in evacuating us in troubled areas
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Ibomade1: 5:32pm On May 16, 2011
Shame.
RIP
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kandiikane(m): 6:18pm On May 16, 2011
GUK, Noone has said anything about not caring but these deaths are now so common it does not phase anyone anymore
I would like you to tell me what they can do that the British has not done?

If you are a British born you are not Nigeria's problem you are the British, government's problem.

If a Nigerian migrates to the UK and gives birth there that child might be of Nigerian descent but he/she is a British(their problem and it makes it easier for the Nigerian Government).

Parents should bring up their children as human beings to love, obey and respect.

The question should be what are the parents doing? If these children where brought up well all the stabbings and killing will not happen. Yes, death happens, yes, people go psycho and kill people but death should not be rampant in the midst of young black teenagers.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Texther(m): 6:47pm On May 16, 2011
If I am GEJ, I will ban d use of BB. Its causing too many problem 2 d country.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by r231(m): 7:23pm On May 16, 2011
Texther:

If I am GEJ, I will ban d use of BB. Its causing too many problem 2 d country.

whats GEJ got to do with UK

@op

what a shame. . . . . RIP
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by yesboss20(m): 8:15pm On May 16, 2011
Hmm. It's never a small matter at all! Even 'oyinbo' dey move blackberry. Chai!
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by sammytb(m): 8:37pm On May 16, 2011
BB=Bad Bussiness

(1) (2) (Reply)

They slaughter him like goat in fast food - VIDEO Eiye and KK cult war / Police Nab Serial Goat Thief In Kaduna / How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.