Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State (14130 Views)

Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 18, 2007
Hi there,
My husband to be is from isoko, i love him dearly. i am yoruba so i will like to know more about the people i am going to become a part of.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 18, 2007
Isoko folk are cool, just like any other Nigerians in my opinion. I don't see them as better or worse than any other tribe.

But, a word of advice. If you want to know more about your husband-to-be, the best person to ask is, either the man himself, or his close friends / family. He MAY not feel pleased that you're asking questions, that he could very well supply answers to?

Just a thought.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2007
Siena:

But, a word of advice. If you want to know more about your husband-to-be, t

Dont make a mistake, i am not asking about my husband-to-be, just want to know a lil about his tribe, he has told me a lot already but i dont think it hurts to ask people about what they know about a tribe, did not ask about an individual.
Thanks anyway sure u were just concerned.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by chichi81(f): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2007
they are part Bendel. lipsrsealed the isoko =Bini influence.they in Delta state part Bendel. lipsrsealed.they are lazy just like the Urbhobos.fetish like Bini and ijebu-Yoruba people.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2007
chichi81:

they are lazy just like the Urbhobos.
Are u sure of what u r saying?
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by babaluku: 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2007
they are decendants of CLIFFORD ORJI, both CANNIVORE
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by chichi81(f): 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2007
i am familiar with bendel.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by Planner(m): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2007
@ aysometin

Trying to under his ethic group is not too important. The most important thing fro you to do is to try and understand the person whom you are marrying. Does he make you happy? Sad? Does he treat you with respect? etc and
Most importantly does he fear God?

If you can amswer all these questions positively then heaven is your starting poit in your marriage. Good luck
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2007
chichi81:

they are part Bendel. lipsrsealed the isoko =Bini influence.they in Delta state part Bendel. lipsrsealed.they are lazy just like the Urbhobos.fetish like Bini and ijebu-Yoruba people.

Jeez, Chichi! Why do you so dislike any other tribe, other than Igbo?? shocked
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 19, 2007
Thanks @planner
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by REZIGIRL(f): 9:24am On Jul 24, 2007
Hello Aysometin,

Good to know u're coming to Isoko land, I'm from Isoko land too. Our pple are very hospitable and I believe u're going to make a wonderful family.

But then I don't really see things like that, I believe so much in the scripture that says "when a man's ways are pure, even his enemies will be at peace with him", so my dear it also depends on the kind of relationship u establish with ur inlaws.

I wish u the very best and hope to hear ur testimony very soon. But then where's ur husband to be from?

Cheers.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by jossy1luv(f): 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2007
To me i don't think anyone that saays we isoko people are weak and lazy is right

It all depends on the individual.

So chi, i don't know wat urhobo people and isoko people have done to u , but i will also assure u that (Among every 12 disciples there must be a Judas).

So i will like to rephrase it again that "D ISOKOS ARE NOT LAZY PEOPLE".

ISOKO WADOOOOOOO.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by satan: 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2007
Hello People,

I agree with you chi, Isoko' are dame lazy folks? thier men tape either rubber, palm wine while majority of them are into palm oil business where the palm and carnel is dame preserved for the lazy folks while thier women do the fishing, they gat only fisher women and lady's and not men or boys grin. Thanks they are trying; going to skool now, and nothing but Bleep thier fucking ass deep down.

But come to think of it, Isoko and Urhobo girls are dame sexy and good for pimping, sowwy, I mean pimpin like cell phone.

CRaZy readers, go get some work and leave the sex idoils alone.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by babaluku: 1:57am On Jul 31, 2007
satan:

Hello People,

I agree with you chi, Isoko' are dame lazy folks? their men tape either rubber, palm wine while majority of them are into palm oil business where the palm and carnel is dame preserved for the lazy folks while their women do the fishing, they gat only fisher women and lady's and not men or boys grin. Thanks they are trying; going to school now, and nothing but mess their fucking ass deep down.

But come to think of it, Isoko and Urhobo girls are dame sexy and good for pimping, sowwy, I mean pimpin like cell phone.

ARE U RAPPING or meditating?
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by jossy1luv(f): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2007
[quote][/quote][I agree with you chi, Isoko' are dame lazy folks? their men tape either rubber, palm wine while majority of them are into palm oil business where the palm and carnel is dame preserved for the lazy folks while their women do the fishing, they gat only fisher women and lady's and not men or boys  . Thanks they are trying; going to school now, and nothing but mess their fucking ass deep down]

I don't know which well minded Nigeria will think the way u are thinking.

i think u are also lazy because  u are thinking of pumping some Isoko and Urhobo girls a**.

What a shame.******S*******N
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2007
satan:

Hello People,

I agree with you chi, Isoko' are dame lazy folks? their men tape either rubber, palm wine while majority of them are into palm oil business where the palm and carnel is dame preserved for the lazy folks while their women do the fishing, they gat only fisher women and lady's and not men or boys grin. Thanks they are trying; going to school now, and nothing but mess their fucking ass deep down.

this explains your user name.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by fuzek: 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2007
chichi81:

d guy dat insulted u in d oda thread, was not to be blamed at all, ur stupidity and dumbness keeps following u wiaeva u go, no wonder!!!!y wont u be chichi undecided undecided undecided

it shows how well u know oda pple's culture and uninformed abt urs oponu oshi
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 27, 2007
yepa
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by fuzek: 6:39pm On Aug 27, 2007
aysometin:

yepa

shocked Y yepa!!! grin Be very careful of d kind of info u accept here on NL. Most of them are judgemental, the likes of chichi81 are very tribalistic, if it's not igbo then its no other. U c she didn't return, ofcourse her parents are not here to back her up (osisi and militia) and her hubby Aba4life. She doesn't v her own personality, alwais behind some1 else.

My sister abeg, Isoko's are very nice atleast v met some and i know they're very hospitable. Inshort, every1 is nice to a fault wink grin
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2007
Thanx @Fuzek
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by fuzek: 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2007
@Aysometin, u're welcome grin
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by pilas: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2007
@fuzek,you be deltan?
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by fuzek: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2007
pilas:

@fuzek,you be deltan?

NO! but y did u ask?
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by pilas: 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2007
i though you were Bendel,because you love this thread. wink
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by fuzek: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2007
I love the people though and i don't like people ridiculing some people and all. Just me though wink grin

R u Bendelite?
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by pilas: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2007
ijaw.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by pilas: 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2007
that +osis is a fake Christian,she is very tribalist.a big time chichi supporter.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by fuzek: 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2007
Hey Ijaw shocked wink nice, my childhood friends are from there. We all grew up together, i miss them alot now though we keep in touch. cheesy

Newayz, dont mind dat +osisi---i already said it, that thing she's doing is hypocrisy and i await her response.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by pilas: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2007
cool.
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by pilas: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2007
i love Bendel people. cheesy
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 02, 2007
dimka is back!!! grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State by niceuzor: 1:19am On Sep 02, 2007
shocked Plz can anyone from Effurun Help me Out cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

White American Girl Speaking Yoruba / Learn How To Speak Pidgin Language / Who Really Owns The Benin Bronzes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.