Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games (2541 Views)

Nigeria Finishes Second Position At All African Games / Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo / Nigeria Vs Ghana : All African Games - (2 - 0) On 9th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by Syenite(m): 7:14pm On May 15, 2011
Ghana's women's side secure their place at the All Africa Games after beating rivals, Nigeria at the El-Wak Stadium in Accra on Sunday.

The Black Princesses won 2-1 to complete a 3-2 aggregate victory over the Super Falcons after drawing 1-1 in the first leg a fortnight ago.

Goals from Faiza Ibrahim and a penalty by Rosemary Ampen ensured that Kuuku Dadzie's side end Nigeria's stronghold of the women's game as Ghana reach the finals of the Games later in September in Mozambique.

The Black Princesses will join seven other women's sides to participate at the eight-team tournament.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/artikel.php?ID=208483
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by blackchief(m): 8:08pm On May 15, 2011
The sooner we Nigerians face the fact the present head coach of the Super Falcon do not have what it takes to coach the team the better. football is not about past records or what you have achieved as player, but what you have up in you head.
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by medjai(m): 11:15pm On May 15, 2011
Bye bye Uche Eucharia
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by MeGaStReEt: 11:18pm On May 15, 2011
hypocrites
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by 10cirenoh: 11:39pm On May 15, 2011
Bye bye, see you next year.
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by semid4lyfe(m): 12:34am On May 16, 2011
blackchief:
The sooner we Nigerians face the fact the present head coach of the Super Falcon do not have what it takes to coach the team the better.  football is not about past records or what you have achieved as player, but what you have up in you head.

Stop yapping rubbish will you? I guess this woman didn't have anything in her head when she led the team to win the African Women Championship shey? Like se hin know anything about football or the team sef. . .shioor! tongue

By your logic, I guess the Germans should also sack their coach Silvia Neid for losing the 2010 Algrave cup final to USA and also being beaten 4 nil by this same USA in a friendly match a few months later. . .M-U-M-U oshi! Na so una do Amodu wey dem go employ ''White Magician'' wey carrry us go fumble and womble for SA 2010. . .MOOORON!

@ topic/thread
This Falcons loss to Ghana pain me pass Super Eagles loss to Togo in the WAFU Cup Final sef. sad

What makes it particularly hurtful is that Ghana did it with their U-20 side consisting of only local players to beat the Super Falcons (Our Senior National team) which was made up of all the foreign based players and so-called stars. . .and to think this same Ghanaian team was dumped out of the London 2012 Olympic qualifiers by Ethiopia just a month or so ago undecided Well, shyte happens embarassed

I'll wait till the Super Falcons play Equatorial Guinea in their final London 2012 Olympics qualifying match before passing judgment on Uche Eucharia's competence. . .after all, SiaOne's Olympic U-23 team was eliminated by Ghana in the All Africa Games 2008 Qualifier in 2007 and this same team beat Ghana in their final qualifying match for the Beijing 2008 Olympics and went on to win silver @ the Olympics.

Even if we fail to get pass Equatorial Guinea, I'd still want Uche Eucharia to lead the team to the World cup cos the time is too short to bring a new person. Besides only a miracle would see us qualify from a group consisting of Germany (rated no-2, Host & defending champions), Canada (CONCACAF Champions) & France (top 10 rating. . .and my pick as getting the 2nd spot in the group) even with a Jose Mourinho as coach grin

Make dem allow the woman carry the team go world cup then after dem fit sack her depending on the team's performance. . .
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by blackchief(m): 9:37am On May 16, 2011
semid4lyfe
[quote][/quote]

You are so quick to insult. Amodu is a good coach anyday. It present coach of the super falcon will not take us anywhare mark my work.
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by blackchief(m): 9:39am On May 16, 2011
semid4lyfe
[quote][/quote]

You are so quick to insult. Amodu is a good coach anyday. The present coach of the super falcon is not one, mark my word.
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by Xtfield(m): 11:10am On May 16, 2011
Must we win all the time? That's why we bring DO or Die into everything we do. A coach must be sacked if he loses just one match even if he has won a hundred before the loss. I find it difficult to understand this kind of logic.
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by MMM2(m): 11:14am On May 16, 2011
till next yrs.
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by vanlion(f): 11:26am On May 16, 2011
How can i post Topic.Thanks
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by honeric01(m): 11:29am On May 16, 2011
Keep it clean guys
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by celestar(m): 11:45am On May 16, 2011
grin tongue it's really good for game! What a lovely weekend, 1st their male counterpart (super eagle) lost 2-3 to Togo, then super falcon, is there really anything SUPER about them?
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by kevoh(m): 11:53am On May 16, 2011
it's a good thing we lost those matches though painful but at least we get to realise we are not Super If we don't give in our best and score goals. So buckle up Super Birds!
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by Calamama: 12:03pm On May 16, 2011
Ghana acts against Nigeria in competitions sometimes remind me of the underdogs mentality. Scots team for instance will run themselves ragged almost to the point of death to beat and English sides in football and often win but then go on to perform poorly in European competitions. Likewise teams in minor league in fa cup against more renown teams.

As for Niger, we have natural talents and self belief that often takes us far but just when we are on the cusp of something great, lack of the appropriate professionalism and approach undoes all the gains and we plummet - nonstop - to the very bottom.

we have to break this cycle of boom and burst development.
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by honeric01(m): 12:27pm On May 16, 2011
^^^

Which country are you talking about? Niger or Nigeria? which one?
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by opabukun(m): 12:59pm On May 16, 2011
van lion:

How can i post Topic.Thanks

@VAN LION, same as u post this. only dat u will need locate d section u wan post, check d upper-rite side of d section, u will see "New Topic" den Bingo!
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by Exponental(m): 1:15pm On May 16, 2011
Time 2 watch others play.

Just be prepared for nxt yr and do not underestimate any team.
Best of Luck falcons,
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by plappville(f): 2:23pm On May 16, 2011
blackchief:

The sooner we Nigerians face the fact the present head coach of the Super Falcon do not have what it takes to coach the team the better. football is not about past records or what you have achieved as player, but what you have up in you head.
Do u think she is coaching the team simply because she was once a player?
Uche was a very good player and also, she is a very good coach as I know don't judge her like that.
Besides, if she didn't coach the falcon team is it the English team she should coach?
This woman has her qualification so I think she is capable of putting her best.
The players should do the rest. What I know about Nigeria coaches is that they over charge their players.
When the girls ve trained too hard everyday morning and evening, during tournament they will be too fatigue to show their best. The West do better despite how these girls smoke and consume beer yet they still fit and defeat our girls that doesn't do any of such. They do had good training and alot rest also. I once belong to this team so I know Uche very well and how hard the training is there.
Lets give her more chances to lead this team.Long live Fallcons!!!
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by Limaoscar: 5:43pm On May 16, 2011
Which country are you talking about? Niger or Nigeria? which one?

grin grin grin grin, I beg spare the dude. Most peeps don't know the word Naija so they call it whatever they think.
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by Okukk(m): 6:07pm On May 16, 2011
Super Falcon should go a rest at least they have dominated the african continent enough, the black queens should go to mozambique and to rest of the continent that they are the new power house!
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by Osuprupu: 7:33pm On May 16, 2011
Calamama, you are talking pure nonsense, very typical.
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by davd: 8:43pm On May 16, 2011
As usual, federal government will soon set up a committee to look into the poor outing or input of Super Falcons. It's another means of creating extra job opportunities for some people.
Re: Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games by semid4lyfe(m): 10:13pm On May 16, 2011
blackchief:

@ Semid4lyfe
You are so quick to insult. Amodu is a good coach anyday. The present coach of the super falcon is not one, mark my word.

Stop talking rubbish and I just might spare you.

You made the determination that Uche Eucharia is not a good coach how? Cos the Falcons lost 2-3 on aggregate to Ghana? As if the so called "good coaches" have never lost important matches at one time or another. You want me to give examples? 

And pray tell, what is your way forward? For the present coach to be sacked a month to the world cup and an "Oyinbo" brought in to perform magic just like Lagerback did with the Super Eagles abi?. . .Shioor!

FYI, some other African teams have closed the gap on Nigeria in terms of female football. In particular, Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroun and South Africa are (almost) at par with the Falcons and will be difficult for the falcons to beat whenever they meet.

(1) (Reply)

17 World Cup Stars Who Totally Look Like Famous Celebrities / Who Remebers Samuel Etoo's Stint With Real Madrid? / AAU Professor Godwin Ighalo Wins N58,945,553 From 1960bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.