Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 (7569 Views)

Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 / Malaysia Sentence Nigerian Female Student To Death For Drug Trafficking / Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by tpsolomons: 11:51pm On May 15, 2011
The Supreme Court yesterday fixed July 8 to rule on the appeal of popular Hausa film actress, Ms Rabi Ismail, who is challenging the judgment of the Court of Appeal Kano Division that convicted and sentenced her to death by hanging.

The appellate court had upheld the judgment of a Federal High Court sitting in Kano that the actress has to die by hanging for drugging and drowning her man-friend, Auwalu Ibrahim, on or about December 25, 2002 in a dam in Kano State in order to acquire the deceased’s property.

Read Full News Here :
http://www.yollaronline.com/2011/05/hausa-actress-knows-death-sentence-fate.html
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Nobody: 3:26am On May 16, 2011
Well done to the justice system.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:19am On May 16, 2011
I think capital punishment should be abolished entirely. angry
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by MMM2(m): 11:29am On May 16, 2011
c wetin gold digger dey cause.
R
I
P
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by kevoh(m): 11:31am On May 16, 2011
WOW! The level of greed and gluttony.Murdering someone because of his/her property.
I don't think the sentence is ok though.Probably a life sentence should have been better.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by honeric01(m): 11:33am On May 16, 2011
RICHIE BOI:

Even when you DELIBERATELY killed someone else? undecided
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Nobody: 11:39am On May 16, 2011
rokiatu:

Well done to the justice system.

Babe how can you support this crap? btw love the pic, whois beside you? Love her wink
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Ekpoma1: 11:54am On May 16, 2011
They should investigate the matter carefully b4 passing judgement. She might be innocent.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by guyla: 11:59am On May 16, 2011
Please, someone should post her pics for some of us to see if she someone we know
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by CHIEFENGRJAFAR(m): 12:16pm On May 16, 2011
justice must take it's full course, but judgement is for Allah and Allah alone,
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by ufumes(m): 12:23pm On May 16, 2011
Someone should please tell me that this is a movie! This are the kind of films Nigerian nolly wood produces
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Texther(m): 12:25pm On May 16, 2011
Now that she has possessed d properties, she will die. The soul that sin shall DIE. VANITY upon VANITY!!!
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Seun(m): 12:25pm On May 16, 2011
A lot of people are convicted on flimsy evidence in this country, so I'm not taking sides.
I want to know what poison was inside the Eclairs sweets and how they found out about it.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 16, 2011
blink182:

Babe how can you support this crap?
Seriously, you called this crap? shocked shocked I do not sympathize with killers.

I wish rapist could also serve death sentence.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by AndyMoore1(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2011
I think capital punishment should be abolished entirely.

We've gone past that age of life for life, tooth for tooth thingy. Only God or on God's orders should that person's life be taken as killing her will not make any right now apart from a feeling of completed vengeance. She should be thrown in prison for life it's even more miserable than killing her. Inasmuch as she had no right (in fact, she was evil to have done so) to kill her manfriend, the court has no right to kill her too.

Capital punishment should be moderated but not entirely abolished so that we'll be able to distinguish justice from revenge or vengeance.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by rhemal: 1:09pm On May 16, 2011
Hmm.hanging is not d best solution cos it will not bring back the man she killed.there r better ways she can pay fully 4 her crimes while keep her alive.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by TCD: 1:24pm On May 16, 2011
Anyone who has the audacity to willfully kill a fellow human being has no right to live. How can tax payers money be used to feed such animals for life?
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 16, 2011
TCD:

Anyone who has the audacity to willfully kill a fellow human being has no right to live. How can tax payers money be used to feed such animals for life?
Thank You.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by born2boink(m): 2:15pm On May 16, 2011
I like them Hausa when it comes to Judgement grin
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Kol: 2:44pm On May 16, 2011
We are too "uncivilized" to ascertain that these people died of poison in the first place and also to ascertain the method of administration of the position.

The public should be given full details about the poison and some independent bodies should be brought in to do a proper investigation and the parties found wanting including the police, be brought to justice.

Death penalty should be abolished completely in Nigeria,

Anyway, the prisons are death chambers in themselves but at least government should give people a chance to survive it, Spending time in any Nigeria prison is better punishment than the death penalty,
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Kol: 2:50pm On May 16, 2011
There should be a thread to discuss and compare Nigerian prisons and death penalty.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 16, 2011
they supreme court should quickly confirm the death sentence.she needs to go.greedy evil winch
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by collinsJn(m): 3:57pm On May 16, 2011
In As Much dat She Took d Laws In2 Her Hands By Killing Her Man Friend,She Deserved 2 b Punished,but Not By Hanging,Probably Sum Yrs In Jail, So dat She 'll Realised dat Wot She Did was Wrung.
But Come 2 Tink Of Diz, I Tot She Loved Him, GOLD DIGGER.

Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by naijangel7(f): 5:39pm On May 16, 2011
How developed was Nigerian forensics in 2002 to have ascertained that she gave him poisoned eclairs? How could the witnesses confirm this? How strong is she to have drowned an able-bodied man without an accomplice? If the sweet was indeed poisoned, how was it proven that she was the one who poisoned it?
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by bylineby: 6:16pm On May 16, 2011
I am praising the justice system. It just goes to show that they don't care whether you're famous and rich, if you do a crime, then you have to pay.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by phreakabit(m): 7:39pm On May 16, 2011
c wetin gold digger dey cause.
R
I
P

Dude we get it! Shey you just join crip abi wetin self? By the way there is absolutely no affiliation with MMM ( LA EME ) and Crip. Grow up and try to make some money rather than repping a gang you know nothing about!
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Tokotaya: 9:05pm On May 16, 2011
Horrible.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by EvilBrain1(m): 1:07am On May 17, 2011
TCD:

Obviously you have no idea how the legal system works. Even in developed countries, reviews of capital cases almost always reveal gaping holes in the prosecution's cases. The acused's guilt or innocence is never clear-cut. There is always some doubt. Real life is never like an episode of CSI. There is no such thing as red-handed.

This woman was convicted based on witness statements. They could have been lying, there was no forensic evidence. Of course she could be guilty but are we really confident enough to bet someone's life on it? If you knew how useless our police, courts and legal system can be at times, you wouldn't be so sure.

The death penalty is cruel and barbaric. If you support it, then the blood of all the countless innocent people who have been wrongly convicted and killed by the state is on your hands.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by CrazyMan(m): 1:17am On May 17, 2011
If the lady in question is truly guilty, then justice should be done to her.

But if she’s innocent, then I would suggest that the court looks into the matter properly so as to avoid condemning an innocent soul to death.
Re: Hausa Actress Knows Death Sentence Fate July 8 by Sagamite(m): 1:47am On May 17, 2011
RICHIE BOI:

Why?

Andy Moore:

We've gone past that age of life for life, tooth for tooth thingy. Only God or on God's orders should that person's life be taken as killing her will not make any right now apart from a feeling of completed vengeance. She should be thrown in prison for life it's even more miserable than killing her. Inasmuch as she had no right (in fact, she was evil to have done so) to kill her manfriend, the court has no right to kill her too.

Capital punishment should be moderated but not entirely abolished so that we'll be able to distinguish justice from revenge or vengeance.

I don't get you!

With one mouth you said: "Only God or on God's orders should that person's life be taken" and "the court has no right to kill her too"

With the other mouth you said: "Capital punishment should be moderated but not entirely abolished"

Also, why can't justice be revenge or vengeance?

Evil Brain:

Obviously you have no idea how the legal system works. Even in developed countries, reviews of capital cases almost always reveal gaping holes in the prosecution's cases. The acused's guilt or innocence is never clear-cut. There is always some doubt. Real life is never like an episode of CSI. There is no such thing as red-handed.

This woman was convicted based on witness statements. They could have been lying, there was no forensic evidence. Of course she could be guilty but are we really confident enough to bet someone's life on it? If you knew how useless our police, courts and legal system can be at times, you wouldn't be so sure.

The death penalty is cruel and barbaric. If you support it, then the blood of all the countless innocent people who have been wrongly convicted and killed by the state is on your hands.

How is it cruel and barbaric?

What is kind and civilised then?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Full Leaked Sextape Of Apostle Johnson Suleman / Reps Consider Deadlines For Courts On Criminal, Civil Cases / New Born Baby Found Dead In Dustbin Here In Jos (graphics Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.