Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians (4681 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / 25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / How To Make Over #50,000 Selling Your Ideas From Anywhere In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians by najesus4mi(m): 3:38am On May 16, 2011
I am a young adult living abroad. I am also Nigerian. I speak, read, and write Yoruba fluently (I lived in Nigeria). I have not been back home in 5 years. So what are some good ideas for a person like me who wants to establish business in Nigeria. I would like some ideas I could try. Preferably low risk, with reward. And some other things I should be aware of.

Also, what are the general costs of things. How much naira is a lot for a poor nigerian. Please answer the following (its important)

How much is the price of bread?
How much is a litre of petrol?
How much does a teacher make per month?
How much is a bottle of coke (aka minerals lol)?

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians by richnet01: 4:46am On May 16, 2011
ok,if u want a biz idea its simpler 4 u.u can start by getting foreign contacts 4 agro exportation biz.commodities like,palm oil,cashew,honey,bitter cola etc.i can help u source locally for these commodities cheap here in Nigeria.better still u can call me so me so we can chat more. 07064528232.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians by najesus4mi(m): 6:07am On May 16, 2011
Thank you for the post, but is there a way we can speak through email instead?
Re: Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians by etchel(m): 6:11am On May 16, 2011
Price of bread ranges form 50naira - 300 depending on the king of bread u are buying.
Petrol is 65naira/litre but it can go high when its scares getting it.
Teacher makes 20thousand naira/mnth to 50 thousand.
Bottle of minerals is sold @ 60 to 80naira
Cost of accommodation ranges frm 2,500-500,000/mnth depending on the accommodation location and the comfortability.
Cost of transportation ranges frm 50naira to 2,500 naira
So if you need more info just let me know. My number is 08061387382 email : mitchel4school@uymail.com I am a business person and there are lots of good business u can do.
Re: Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians by monopolist: 1:35pm On May 16, 2011
One Business that i know that has the following : Moderate Risk, Long term, Good reward, Generates Employment, Feed the Hungry and pay the Poor is,

COMMERCIAL PLANTATION AGRICULTURE

You can start with NGN7,000 to rent 1 Hectare of Farmland for 1 year.

kingolusola@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians by segebaba2(m): 10:27pm On May 22, 2011
hi,the only biz i hv vast exp. is carton productn/supply and i'm sure recouping capital is unbelvable.call 08189687073
Re: Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians by akings100: 8:18am On May 23, 2011
4 dtailed rply 2ur requst, mail akings101@yahoo.com or cal +2348025465708
Re: Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians by Donaldibe: 11:39am On May 23, 2011
Good day,

There are lots of businesses that one can engage in here in NIgeria, basically what you should engage in should be dependent on the amount of Capital you have, what your natural abilities can support and the level and extent of personal involvement you expect in the day to day run ning of the business.
Re: Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians by Harpesin(m): 3:33pm On May 23, 2011
@ poster, kindly give me your e-mail address so I can forward a good idea to you.

Thanx, mine is (calltemy@yahoo.com)
Re: Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 23, 2011
Good day to you overe there,am OLUJIDE GABRIEL.Am the CEO of O2 NIGERIA, an Oyo State soap manufacturing and training company.We train people and interested soap manufacturing company on how to produce,

[1] NATURAL HERBAL HONEY SOAP[the soap that clean any skin infection in just 10 days]

[2] MOSQUITO KILLER CANDLE

[3] ANTI MALARIA SOAP

[4] PRESERVED PEPPER[preserved pepper that can lasted for 1 good year]

[5] LAUNDRY SOAP

[6] ANTISEPTIC SOAP

[7] LIQUID SOAP

[8]BALM

[9] BODY CREAM

[10] MEDICATED HAIR CREAM etc.

To be sure, the scope of the company is not only withing Nigeria,as the company has engage in training different company workers in Ghana and some big soap company in Nigeria.

We also have explanatory bulk hand out that contain 15 different products
Our price are negotiable and you can start any of this product with as low as 10,000.00.We will also teach you how to build local machine with wood to start with and some or our product are available on request.

After the training ,we also teach our trainees how to manufacture the soap equipment by their self and we also offer door step training for individual or group in any part of the Nigeria and west africa.

We are open to more negotiation on how to work this out.

Thanks

OLUJIDE OLUWATOSIN
CEO
O2 NIGERIA
25,ikereku lay out,orita challenge,
Ibadan,oyo state ,Nigeria
o2nigeria@yahoo.com.
Re: Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians by mubaraqqq(f): 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2012
@najesus4mi

first, here are the answers to your questions.

How much is the price of bread? between N60-N150(these are the average prices)
How much is a litre of petrol? N100-N200 (depending if it's from a filling station or black market which will most likely be more than N200)
How much does a teacher make per month? from N10000 above (you'll definitely see people who are paid much lower than that)
How much is a bottle of coke (aka minerals lol)? N60 for the 30cl glass bottle, N70 for the 50cl glass bottle, N120 for the plastic bottle and N100 for can. i think they always have N5 increment every year(that's my opinion).

next, there are a lot of businesses you can start but one that's really good is the recharge voucher/card business. if you have someone you trust handle it for you, you'll surely reap benefits from it.

here's an article that will give you some tips and advice.

NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA TIPS ON STARTING A RECHARGE VOUCHER BUSINESS IN NIGERIA WHILE LIVING ABROAD.
If you are a Nigerian abroad looking for a business to invest in back home, then the recharge voucher printing business might be the one for you. However, since you will not be in Nigeria, you will need to find a trusted relative or friend to help you manage it (Good luck with that!).

Most Nigerians want to start a business back home in order to have another source of income so that when they are being asked to send money they can easily use the income from that business. Furthermore, they want to use the profits of the business to start building their dream home in Nigeria. A recharge business seems to fit that bill and does not require intensive capital......

http://shikenan.com/article-details/6/102/1/Nigerians-in-Diaspora-tips-on-Starting-a-Recharge-Voucher-Business-in-Nigeria-while-living-Abroad

i really hope this will be of great help to you.

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Bike Logistics Business In Nigeria / How Do I Invest 500k / What Kind Of Business Can I Start With 40k? I Need Reply Bfr I Go Nut.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.