Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

A Cry For Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Cry For Help (2546 Views)

Badly Abused Maid -A Cry For Help / UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child / Cry For Help: Two Weeks To Introduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cry For Help by Naominna: 10:34am On May 16, 2011
Dear compatriots on Nairaland, this is cry of help from a 35years old mother of a teenage boy who has gotten to the end strength, courage and will power to go on.
I held a sharp knife to my abdomen last night but my hands trembled greatly that I could not hold firm the knife to strike. I do not have the courage to face the battle of life anymore.
Was abused and abandoned by a man who left me with a child to care for all by myself. Despite all my efforts to raise this child.
He is fifteen years now and I can no longer bear the burden of taking care of all his needs. I cannot control him anymore as he walks out of the house and comes in as he likes even at wee hours. Last term, he did not go to school to write some of his exams including mathematics. He is turning himself to a street boy and i cannot help myself nor him anymore.
Good people of our land I need help. I desire that his father takes responsibility of his affairs and welfare. I cannot handle this any more and do not know how to go about it.
Any help from members of this forum would be highly appreciated.
I desire to be linked to an NGO that can deliver me from the suffocating angle.
Really, I do not know how much longer I can cope with this.
Re: A Cry For Help by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 16, 2011
firstly the young man needs alot of help you must recognize this. It is tough doing this alone but knw this he is looking up to some street boys out there and thinks that is the best way of life for him infact to him pips are making money without going to skool so why should he goto school. Is it possible to change his environment and introduce a father figure who is willing to work with you?

Also at this age his hormones are raging and this is the make or break period. woman you have to be very strong, determined, patient, loving and prayerful. Most importantly dont give up on him fight for his future and quit those suicidal thots. Stop looking to the past, quit being bitter and quit complaining. Life is tough but it is what you make of it. At thirty five you are still in your prime, your future is stretched ahead of you and your son find a reason to be happy still search for that NGO and God help you.
Re: A Cry For Help by ifyalways(f): 4:44pm On May 16, 2011
Tough One!

What good wud stabbing urself do to either of u?Shyte happens but somehow life goes on.

Is there no man figure in your life right now?Your brothers,matured male acquiantance or perharps your pastor?Hes gone from the lil'boy to a young man now and as just we all(females) had that "talks" with our moms,he needs to have that heart-to-heart talk with a man too.

Have u tried sitting him down and talking with him?Not to shout/reprimand him for all the wrongs he has done but to tell him how much u love him,great pains u endured to feed,clothe and shelter him and then point out some of the things he does that shatters your heart.I wud say,try talking with him first and foremost before anyone else does(If still needed).I strongly object to the NGO thingy,don't let anyone compound ur problems

Stay strong!

You don't have to answer this but have u tried contacting the boy's dad?Its 15 years now,surely whatever resentment he had for u(and the pregnancy) ought to have worn itself out. . .
Re: A Cry For Help by Ivynwa(f): 9:23pm On May 16, 2011

Naomina
You don't have to feel like you have the world on your shoulder because of the stress your boy is putting you through. First of all it is a beautiful thing that you have a 15 year old son, the problem here is directing him aright.

Andromida is actually right, he is going thru puberty, at that teenage age the hormones rages indeed and such a boy is developing feelings that are strange to him and may be making him put up all kinds of behaviour. Children need the friendship and understanding of their parents the most at adolescent age, don't make the mistake of warring with him or not being in good terms with him or he may end up heady and revolting against everything that is right. Check out the scenario for yourself and see, if there's no harmony at home because you are always rebuking him for doing many things wrong and there's no adult role model in the home from whom to learn what it means to be growing into a man, he will get confused, angry and unhappy. If his father does not care about being in his life, look for a responsible man known to both of you (you and your boy) who you are sure can make positive impact on him so that he can be giving your son attention from time to time. It is important that he be taught discipline at this stage because if you give up on him and keep bemoaning that you can't help or control him anymore, he may get too independent and get out of control. Discipline is one of the virtues that can make him take his studies seriously enough.

You have to make time for him, show him much love. You need to have a beautiful relationship with him, also watch the company he keeps and curb any influence they may have on him in good time before bad association corrupts him for you. Adolescents fall prey to peer pressure very easily because they are struggling to find & understand themselves and longing the appreciation and admiration of their friends. A family friend once narrated a story about his son that gets me cracking all the time when I remember it, in the story he said that his boy who is now in his mid twenties was behaving good as he was approaching puberty and by the time he reached puberty he started getting influenced by his peers at school so much that then when he(his father) is going to drop him at school in the morning, the boy will tell him to drop him on the way before they get to the school and will be quarrelling "This old car, old car----I don't want my friends to see this old car" and the car wasn't even old just that it wasn't the spec his friends parents rides. You can imagine such influence by peers!   grin grin 

On your own part, let go of those suicidal thoughts and smile at life because LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL! Wake up everyday with the determination to be happy and you will see things working positively, don't remain depressed because a man left you with a child. The man is somewhere having fun so you can as well be happy okay, such inspirational words from the works of Norman Vincent Peale like "You become what you choose!, You choose/decide to be happy or unhappy" etc are actually true. It is true that as humans we are sometimes overtaken with some things but come to think of it, why worry much over some things? refuse to let it bring you down and get your "happy" on. Get in the dating scene, make friends, do things that make you happy. You only have one life to live, enjoy it Sweetie. Never think of ending your life again please, p-l-e-a-s-e. It is not the end of your life and you are still young and can even meet another good man, have sweet children so why waste your life? Lots of hugs to you.
  kiss kiss kiss
Re: A Cry For Help by Nekai(f): 3:07am On May 17, 2011
Sorry, I have no advice to give you. sad sad sad Just virtual hugs and actual prayers. Maybe the wise words of the previous posters will strike the right chord, or maybe there is another person out there with a similar story that can give you hope.
Re: A Cry For Help by Naominna: 9:03am On May 17, 2011
You all are my sweet angels! And I dearly appreciate your kind thoughts. I am grateful for all your contributions and would be more grateful for even more contributions to overcome this phase of life which has placed me on anti-hypertensive pills on daily basis.

I still maintain that I would be very glad to be linked to an NGO that would provide me with some legal aids and backing. The issue here is very complicated that I cannot face it all by myself, this is judging from all I know about this man and his family.
I love you all and would be needing very much all of your support and assistance.
Re: A Cry For Help by ifyalways(f): 9:52am On May 17, 2011
^What really do u need or want from the man?Him to get close to your boy and possibly help him get over this "phase" or financial support

IMO,A man that abandons his son for 15 yrs does not even qualify as a mentor or someone to look up to right now so If u meant having him ard to help the boy emotionally,to me he should be the last resort.

What do u want an NGO for?You want to take the dude to court?Is it worth it?Have u thought out carefully,the pros and cons?Is there no other way to get him around?

Why did the man deny the preggie?did u try contacting him after having the child?is he married now,doing well financially and can afford to take good care of his boy?
Re: A Cry For Help by maclatunji: 9:56am On May 17, 2011
Naominna:

You all are my sweet angels!  And I dearly appreciate your kind thoughts. I am grateful for all your contributions and would be more grateful for even more contributions to overcome this phase of life which has placed me on anti-hypertensive pills on daily basis.

I still maintain that I would be very glad to be linked to an NGO that would provide me with some legal aids and backing. The issue here is very complicated  that I cannot face it  all by myself, this is judging from all I know about this man and his family.
I love you all and would be needing very much all of your support and assistance.

Reading your posts, you seem okay. I take God beg you, do not kill yourself. God is in control of all situations. First, you have to understand that the child has a life of his own distinct from yours (I know I sound cold but it is the truth). Killing yourself won't help him and will only lead to your personal damnation (God forbid). As for NGOs, I am not sure that is what you need at the moment or if there is any reputable one that can help you in Niger.

However, there must be a Ministry of Youth and Sports or something like that. Most parents won't do this, but if it bothers you that much you can go the Niger state child welfare office. Tell them what you have told us. I am sure they can help you contact your son's father or his family to either take custody of the boy or provide financial support for his education. He can be encouraged to go into sports maybe football, basketball or hockey with government support.

It is difficult to give you help from afar, but I encourage you to seek information at least at your local government level and then the state. You are also computer savvy, use the internet to your advantage. Be strong!
Re: A Cry For Help by maclatunji: 9:59am On May 17, 2011
maclatunji:

Reading your posts, you seem okay. I take God beg you, do not kill yourself. God is in control of all situations. First, you have to understand that the child has a life of his own distinct from yours (I know I sound cold but it is the truth). Killing yourself won't help him and will only lead to your personal damnation (God forbid). As for NGOs, I am not sure that is what you need at the moment or if there is any reputable one that can help you in Niger.

However, there must be a Ministry of Youth and Sports or something like that. Most parents won't do this, but if it bothers you that much you can go the Niger state child welfare office. Tell them what you have told us. I am sure they can help you contact your son's father or his family to either take custody of the boy or provide financial support for his education. He can be encouraged to go into sports maybe football, basketball or hockey with government support.

It is difficult to give you help from afar, but I encourage you to seek information at least at your local government level and then the state. You are also computer savvy, use the internet to your advantage. Be strong!

I do not know why I get the impression that you live in Niger State. If I am wrong apply the advice to your place of residence.
Re: A Cry For Help by mirabell: 10:26am On May 17, 2011
Sorry to hear what you are going through with your son. Just take heart and hope this phase pass out soon.

Since she is insisting on talking to an NGO, anybody with link should pls help out. I know Aisha is very good in this area. Pls Aisha if u are reading this, lets have your input.
Re: A Cry For Help by Odunnu: 11:33am On May 17, 2011
Do NGOs work like that in Nigeria? I doubt. No harm in trial sha
Re: A Cry For Help by Naominna: 3:42pm On May 17, 2011
Maclatunji, I do not live in Niger State. I live in Lagos - Nigeria. Thanks for all you do.
Re: A Cry For Help by macjive01: 6:45pm On May 17, 2011
Where is CC and Jenny when u need them!
Re: A Cry For Help by macjive01: 7:02pm On May 17, 2011
IMO, I think u shd talk to ur boy. Talk to him like an adult. Not telling him to b a good boy oh, but telling him u still want to b alive.
Make him understand that from now henceforth he wud hv to take responsibility of his actions  .

Then on ur own part, free him to make mistakes, he will learn from it, cos nothing u Wud say at the moment wud sway him, he see u as weak, broke arse, a man ditched ur arse, u don't hav a tight career, u absolute don't have the pedigree to advising him, I know u luv him and wants d best for him, but how do u know what u think is best is the actual best. For him.

Woman, take this life easy ooh, Find ursef a man- any decent man, married or unmarried, boy or grandpa, even if it wud mean u begin d one to say the first hi. Look, this is not to mk ursef a slut but to divert ur attention away from wat made u want to kill ursef and also provide u with some kinda of strength and confidence.

After ur child had done with his mistakes he wud come back into ur outstretched arms. If his route turns out good for him he will still luv u for giving him the freedom to achieve his aspirations.

So Na win win for u.
Re: A Cry For Help by Ivynwa(f): 4:23pm On May 18, 2011
macjive01:

IMO, I think u shd talk to your boy. Talk to him like an adult. Not telling him to b a good boy oh, but telling him u still want to b alive.
Make him understand that from now henceforth he wud hv to take responsibility of his actions  .
Then on your own part, free him to make mistakes, he will learn from it, cos nothing u Wud say at the moment wud sway him, he see u as weak, broke arse, a man ditched your arse, u don't hav a tight career, u absolute don't have the pedigree to advising him, I know u luv him and wants d best for him, but how do u know what u think is best is the actual best. For him.
Woman, take this life easy ooh, Find ursef a man- any decent man, married or unmarried, boy or grandpa, even if it wud mean u begin d one to say the first hi. Look, this is not to mk ursef a slut but to divert your attention away from wat made u want to kill ursef and also provide u with some kinda of strength and confidence.
After your child had done with his mistakes he wud come back into your outstretched arms. If his route turns out good for him he will still luv u for giving him the freedom to achieve his aspirations.
So Na win win for u.

@Macjive
You have this way of making great sense sometimes have another way of having it disappear with other things.. wink kiss
The bolded statement you made above is very true, I thought about that too, now let me rephrase it the way it passed through my mind
" What you (the poster Naomina) think is the best (career/education wise) for him may be different from what he(your son) thinks is the best for himself. I don't agree that he should be allowed to go and make mistakes, we all made mistakes and matured from the experience but nobody should leave his/her child to go and make mistakes. Children need direction and guidance.

@Naomina
We are all oriented differently, we all grow into the goals, aspiration and dreams we set for ourselves which is why I mentioned that the child needs a role model to look up to and learn from. You may be wishing and dreaming all kind of career and education for him while the career appealing to him may be different, this is why it is important that you strive to surround him with people and friends that can motivate him good things. Some great people of today were motivated by the positives in their environment and in the people around them. I read in the paper today where Obama was narrating to graduating students "How education made him what he is today and how his single mother motivated him greatly after his father left when he was 2 years old" Find ways to motivate him, what are the good things and subjects that interest him, buy books and videotapes of that for him. Keep motivating books around him etc

I agree that he needs education to be able to socialize good in our world but if he has skills and wants to develop that, you should let him do that in technical institutions, schools or universities and not try to stream line him into what the children of others are doing.
Don't alienate yourself from him, you have to be friends so that you can be getting through to him easily. I hope you have cheered up dearie and is smiling some more now. Plenty hugs and kisses to you. M-u-a-h,m-u-a-h, mu-a-h. kiss kiss kiss
Re: A Cry For Help by macjive01: 9:23pm On May 18, 2011
@ivynwa, why am i not seeing ur post? i can see it in ur log but not on the thread? ? are u blacklisting me or what? i hav done nothing wrong luv.

CC where re u ? hav been hoping to see ur comment same wit Jenny.
Re: A Cry For Help by macjive01: 9:26pm On May 18, 2011
@Macjive
You have this way of making great sense sometimes have another way of having it disappear with other things,
The bolded statement you made above is very true, I thought about that too, now let me rephrase it the way it passed through my mind
" What you (the poster Naomina) think is the best (career/education wise) for him may be different from what he(your son) thinks is the best for himself. I don't agree that he should be allowed to go and make mistakes, we all made mistakes and matured from the experience but nobody should leave his/her child to go and make mistakes. Children need direction and guidance.

@Naomina
We are all oriented differently, we all grow into the goals, aspiration and dreams we set for ourselves which is why I mentioned that the child needs a role model to look up to and learn from. You may be wishing and dreaming all kind of career and education for him while the career appealing to him may be different, this is why it is important that you strive to surround him with people and friends that can motivate him good things. Some great people of today were motivated by the positives in their environment and in the people around them. I read in the paper today where Obama was narrating to graduating students "How education made him what he is today and how his single mother motivated him greatly after his father left when he was 2 years old" Find ways to motivate him, what are the good things and subjects that interest him, buy books and videotapes of that for him. Keep motivating books around him etc

I agree that he needs education to be able to socialize good in our world but if he has skills and wants to develop that, you should let him do that in technical institutions, schools or universities and not try to stream line him into what the children of others are doing.
Don't alienate yourself from him, you have to be friends so that you can be getting through to him easily. I hope you have cheered up dearie and is smiling some more now. Plenty hugs and kisses to you. M-u-a-h,m-u-a-h, mu-a-h.

sorry
Re: A Cry For Help by Ivynwa(f): 9:33pm On May 18, 2011
macjive01:

@ivynwa, why am i not seeing your post? i can see it in your log but not on the thread? ? are u blacklisting me or what? i hav done nothing wrong luv.

CC where re u ? hav been hoping to see your comment same wit Jenny.

Not to worry sweetheart, how can I blacklist you my paddy? Hope you are doing great?
Re: A Cry For Help by bignero: 10:28am On May 19, 2011
@naominna

listen  to 92.3 inspiration fm by 7pm evry night(just call in and table your issues they usually will collect your personal no and call u), they deal with issues such as yours, they CAN defintly link you the the NGO  you so much desire.

beter stiill go to their office, its in v.i , try googling them(92.3 inspiration fm, with the name chaz b) and get their adress, i belive they will sort u out
Gods grace be with u.
Re: A Cry For Help by Naominna: 10:38am On May 19, 2011
Dear ALL,
Thanks for all you do. It has helped somehow.  What I really need from this man is for him to play a role in contributing to the welfare of this child as the burden is overwhelming for me having done it all by myself to this point.
He is married and doing well for himself now. That's fine by me, but I just need him to take responsibility in providing for my child - his child.
For the very first time in many years, I just called him up and proposed that we need to see to iron out issues about our son, which he has agreed  but when my son misbehaved some few days ago, I couldnt bear it. I called him again amidst anger and told him that time is of essence that i may not be able to wait till the time he is proposing to come. I told him i needed to see him urgently and settle things ones and for all. But, I dont know if my tone was harsh enough for him to make a retreat or refuse to show up.
I am very confused and dont know how best to handle this situation. If he eventually shows up, i dont even know how to approach the discussion or present things as i want them or as best as they should be.

Comrades, I need more of your wise cousels. I feel really empty withing me. If i dont hear from him soon do i need to call him again. another term has started and have not been able to pay for my souls school feels. I need him to help now.
What do you say, ?
A million thanks
Re: A Cry For Help by Nobody: 11:38am On May 19, 2011
So what you really need from your man is financial support for your son"s education. Cant you visit him and have the talk instead of waiting for him to come over. about your son patience is key, are you sure you dont treat him like a pain in the ass, the source of your trouble? constantly shouting and cursing at him i know how a lot of single mom"s can react even though its not your son"s fault you may take out your pain and misery on him or do u spoil him silly and he has no sense of what is wrong or right or all this while you just couldnt be bothered to be a good parent and sometimes its not your fault life can be tough.

Its not easy being a single parent same way its not easy growing up without a father or a father figure and feeling unwanted and rejected, children react to situations differently, but hey there is always light at the end of that tunnel so do your best, get to know your son better,practice tough love with him.talk to him even when he shouts at you, even when he wont even acknowledge you.Dont you have someone you can call on to come talk to him,preferrably a man? every now and then, a relative of yours? Anyhow let your son know you believe in him and you care about him above all pray and dont give up on him. He needs you.
Re: A Cry For Help by ifyalways(f): 11:50am On May 19, 2011
Naominna:

Dear ALL,
Thanks for all you do. It has helped somehow.  What I really need from this man is for him to play a role in contributing to the welfare of this child as the burden is overwhelming for me having done it all by myself to this point.
He is married and doing well for himself now. That's fine by me, but I just need him to take responsibility in providing for my child - his child.
For the very first time in many years, I just called him up and proposed that we need to see to iron out issues about our son, which he has agreed  but when my son misbehaved some few days ago, I couldnt bear it. I called him again amidst anger and told him that time is of essence that i may not be able to wait till the time he is proposing to come. I told him i needed to see him urgently and settle things ones and for all. But, I dont know if my tone was harsh enough for him to make a retreat or refuse to show up.
I am very confused and dont know how best to handle this situation. If he eventually shows up, i dont even know how to approach the discussion or present things as i want them or as best as they should be.

Comrades, I need more of your wise cousels. I feel really empty withing me. If i dont hear from him soon do i need to call him again. another term has started and have not been able to pay for my souls school feels. I need him to help now.
What do you say, ?
A million thanks

Noami.welldone for mustering up courage to call him.This is a welcome development.

You can't be blamed much for going off key,now what is the way forward?
I wud suggest you send him an sms to apologize for ur earlier outburst but firmly coerce him into meeting you asap.Is he married now?where wud u be meeting him,his home,ur home or an open comfortable place?

When you eventually meet him.please don't start off boring him with the past or the boy's bad behaviors,you have been in charge all these years,show it to him. . . and if he starts talking abt the past please firmly let him know you are not interested,you are not there to discuss the past but the future of ur boy.

I wud repeat again for the umpteenth time ,Ignore the NGO route for now.The less people involved,the less complicated it gets.Give him a second chance to make things right,meet with him first . . .this first meeting wud be clear pointers on the way to go.

Goodluck babez.
Re: A Cry For Help by Naominna: 12:02pm On May 19, 2011
@ Ifyalways:
You 've made such an impact and I so adore you for that. He should be coming all the way from warri delta state for this meeting in lagos. I do not know what plans he has, i do not know either if he has friends/relations in lagos he intends to put up with. sincerely, i would like to be in control of my life. where exactly do you thing would be the best place for this meeting. does it make sense to let him know where we live.
Re: A Cry For Help by maclatunji: 12:18pm On May 19, 2011
Naominna:

Dear ALL,

What do you say, ?
A million thanks

If you feel you need institutional support, please visit the Lagos State Ministry of Youth,Sports and Social Development at Alausa. Click here to view this Ministry's responsibilities to citizens. http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/index.php?page=subpage&spid=300&mnu=module&mnusub=ministry&mpid=39
Re: A Cry For Help by maclatunji: 12:23pm On May 19, 2011
Naominna:

@ Ifyalways:
You 've made such an impact and I so adore you for that. He should be coming all the way from warri delta state for this meeting in lagos. I do not know what plans he has, i do not know either if he has friends/relations in lagos he intends to put up with. sincerely, i would like to be in control of my life. where exactly do you thing would be the best place for this meeting. does it make sense to let him know where we live.

If he is the father of your child and you want him to help you in raising him. I am afraid that he has to know where you live! However, if you feel uncomfortable about meeting him for the first time after so many years, you can arrange to meet him somewhere else. Do you have family or friends that you trust who can help you mediate. At this point, I do not think you should be afraid of him.
Re: A Cry For Help by ifyalways(f): 12:54pm On May 19, 2011
Naominna:

@ Ifyalways:
You can ask him If he has plans on where to sleep/stay.Subtly ask,don't suggest your place or anywhere for that matter first,let him tell you his plans.If however he has not made any accommodation plans,Its up to you to decide If you wud accommodate him or let him stay in a hotel.

Have u told the boy yet?You don't want to give him a rude/pleasant shock do u?

IMO,he shld make plans for his accommodation outside ur place for atleast the first day/night.Depends on how the first meeting goes,you can decide to bring him home or to any of ur relatives place.If you or him has relatives in Lagos,you can have the first meeting in their place.Sort out basic issues before you bring him home to see his boy.
Re: A Cry For Help by Nekai(f): 5:57pm On May 19, 2011
Naominna:

@ Ifyalways:

Let him know off the bat by asking him if he is planning on staying in a hotel, or does he want you to arrange a place with a relative of yours.

Are you prepared for the possibility that he may ask you to send the boy to live with him?

ifyalways:

Have u told the boy yet?You don't want to give him a rude/pleasant shock do u?

Maybe a shock is what he needs? Less chance to plan a strategy ahead of time, especially if you need to implement an immediate plan to remove him from his friends and restrict his free time.
Re: A Cry For Help by Ivynwa(f): 3:35am On May 20, 2011
Isn't it high time our legal system got serious with child support? The poor lady is not supposed to be taking care of the child alone, the man is supposed to be playing his part by paying a good amount every month. I am wondering what type of a person has a child somewhere, is putting up with his own family and feeding his children from his present marriage (if he has children now) without bothering whether his other child/his own blood eats or not. He doesn't even know where his son lives! OMG! tomorrow if that child becomes a DBanj he will remember that he is the father.

Naomina
When he comes to Lagos, encourage him to take his son out and spend some time with him, it will do your child good. Wherever he (your child's father) ends up putting up. It is important that he knows where you and your son live so that he can be visiting him from time to time and start being there for him. Discuss finance with him too, he should get responsible and start caring for that child and paying his fees.
It is also important that you make out time for yourself to relax & unwind okay Baby.
Re: A Cry For Help by OAM4J: 4:38am On May 20, 2011
this one is a serious mata, my tots and prayers are with you.
Re: A Cry For Help by emico(m): 9:47am On May 20, 2011
You are not alone in this type of situation.

I have found book a called QUESTIONS YOUNG PEOPLE ASK --- ANSWERS THAT WORK very practical and useful. You can get it from the Jehovah's Witnesses. Read it and encourage him to read it too.

I pray it works out well for you like it has done for me.
Re: A Cry For Help by Naominna: 1:16pm On May 20, 2011
My Dear Friends,
Many thanks for all you do. I have made 'notes' and jotted down very important points and counsels from all of you. I feel some form of 'empowerment' and a great sense of belonging here.

I have always have the fear that he might want to take the child someday, but i do not trust him enough to afford him that privilege. I have reservations that the child will not be better off with him at least for now. Please, just in case he raise the issue of taking the child with him how to i respond to that?
I have some cockroaches, lizards and all sorts dancing in my belly. Am so scared.
Re: A Cry For Help by maclatunji: 4:52pm On May 20, 2011
Naominna:

My Dear Friends,
Many thanks for all you do. I have made 'notes' and jotted down very important points and counsels from all of you. I feel some form of 'empowerment' and a great sense of belonging here.

I have always have the fear that he might want to take the child someday, but i do not trust him enough to afford him that privilege. I have reservations that the child will not be better off with him at least for now. Please, just in case he raise the issue of taking the child with him how to i respond to that?
I have some cockroaches, lizards and all sorts dancing in my belly. Am so scared.

Call a truce, send the child to a boarding school and he can visit either parent during the holidays. Try to think with a clear head regarding this issue. You seem to be worrying too much, just take one step at a time, pray to God and let time unfold events.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Fed Up With This Marriage / Why Am I Always First Initiate Sex With My Partner Despite She Enjoys It Most? / Searching For An Enugu Or Anambra Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.